Newbie 1724 ~ Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:35 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 91, Thor665 wrote:
In post 89, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 60, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 47, Thor665 wrote:
making my vote a town tell, not a scum tell.

Also, as an argument, if I am scum, why would I want to do something that grabs attention (as an aggressive second vote always does)
which would make it less likely for scum to place a second vote than town. Again, making it a town tell.
I highlighted the part where you said you were making Town Tells. I said later that This doesn't mean much until after flips as I stated here:
And the fact that I was discussing the theoretical concept of it being a scumtell to vote second, and suggesting that it wasn't because it could equally be argued as a town tell (thus making my point that it wasn't alignment indicative either way) didn't come through?
Like you thought I was legit raising points for me being town that included "evidence" of PkmSilver being scum, and also me being scum?
Like, I feel like there's a specific reason you had to trim down my quote there to make it look like you're talking sense.
Didn't come across like you were saying there was an equal chance of being either Town or Scum, no.
Nope, didn't see you provide any evidence for why PKM was Scum. I threw out a possibility. You think that's Scummy? You're wrong, but OK.
In post 89, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 83, Thor665 wrote:
In post 68, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'm not answering a question you asked GreenNope; I am noting an observation I made of your post. There is a difference there.
Felt more like a question answer to me, sounds like you're trying to split hairs here.
Because I am Trying to split hairs. If you are Scum, I am going to have to think outside the box a bit. That means trying to catch you on something you might not expect. What do you mean by "question answer?" That is confusing a Smurf.
To answer the second part first - when I am asking you about answering a question, and you say you're not answering a question, and I say it sounds like a question answer - I think "question answer" translates clearly as...it feels like you were answering a question, specifically the one we were talking about. Sorry if that confused you.

First part - so you're splitting hairs to defend yourself in order to catch me being scum?

Unvote: GreenNope
Vote: LicketyQuickety

I don't buy that, not at all.
"question answer" was confusing because I am not use to that phase. There was no conjuction or anything like that in between. Made it difficult to understand what you were saying.
Go back and look at how you attacking me started.. might shed some light on the subject. In other words, I don't feel like I have been defending myself at all.

Why not? Why don't you buy it? I can tell you right now, you are making the same mistake all super experienced players make when they are not reading me correctly (given you are Town): you are assuming you know the way I play and what I would do as Scum and think I am doing what you expect me to do as Scum. Go 'head, read through a couple of my games. Pretty sure you should be able to figure out you have me wrong.
In post 89, LicketyQuickety wrote: Who are you addressing here? Who are you talking to? Are you talking to me or are you talking to everyone else and telling them I am Scum? I am not Scum, I am Town.
I was talking to you and to everyone - you in specific because I was responding to you, and everyone because everyone reads everything we type. It's a public forum game.
Yeah, only problem with that is that it is correct play theory wise is to talk more to the people who you are trying to convince the person you should be talking to is Scum and I believe you were doing this. I also think you hadn't up until that point indicated that you thought I was a Scum read previously to that.
In post 89, LicketyQuickety wrote: You did not admit to lack of understanding right away. You said I was missrepping you first thing, then covered it up with acting like you had no idea what I was talking about. Then asked me to explain where I said you said you were pointing out your own Town tells.
Okay, you are shifting around a lot here.
My understanding is you cited me for misunderstanding that you didn't answer a question I hadn't asked you - which Frogger pointed out and I admitted to right away.
I will agree that I didn't admit to being wrong about the misrep right away, because I didn't understand how you got there, and now that you have just provided an answer I find it a slightly scummy one.
Why is it Scummy? Better yet, why is it Scummy for ME to do that?
In post 89, LicketyQuickety wrote: You saying GN should vote you because they Scum read you, then you questioning GN when they voted you the next post is the same Smurfing thing because its confusing as Smurf to follow only much less confusing that all this Smurf.
You are answering a valid question with rage.
If you are honestly this peeved off - why? I'm actively *trying* to be clear to you in everything I say and do. I think all the misunderstandings are stemming from you and your responses, and think
I am actively trying to avoid you being able to call anything confusing.
I was frustrated because I didn't want to have to deal with a Quote mess for the next 5 pages, dredging through that slosh.
More or less, yes. Didn't want to do it the hard way with little gain.
If this is fake rage, I don't accept it as showing any logic from you,
and am interpreting it as trying to cover up awareness of your logic being shaky.

I currently favor the second option, because I don't think I'm being confusing. But if something is confusing - maybe ask to clear it up?
I wouldn't call it rage, far from it actually. Frustration hence the colorful language, yes. Rage? No.

My logic is shaky, my reasoning skills are not. Though I am not always looking at the right things, when I am looking at the right things I am not too bad actually.

I'll ask something at the end of this post to see if that clears anything up on my end.

In post 89, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'm not answering a question you asked GreenNope; I am noting an observation I made of your post. There is a difference there.
I strongly disagree.
There was a question.
You addressed it to deflect/weaken it - in effect, precluding GN's need to answer it.
You strongly disagree doesn't sound like black and white logic to me.. It sounds more like a strong opinion.
What I said, I don't know how you are inferring how it is not possible for me to completely disregard the question completely. I didn't even know my "answer" (who am I kidding, not going to kid myself, for get that noise) my observation had anything to do with the question you asked GN.
No, I wasn't even addressing it actually. I can go back and look at the quote and then my answer and give you my interpretation of things since you're not doing a great job of interpreting and questioning my posts so far. Want me to do that?
No, how does me commenting on something prevent GN from answering a question that in all likelihood hadn't been intruded in the first place?

In post 89, LicketyQuickety wrote: That is entirely missing the point. You threw accusations in GN face and then voted them. So you were Scum hunting them and Scum reading them at the same time. We call that tunneling where I come from. Why is GN Scum? What reactions did they give you that tell you that? You said you were looking for them to share their thought process.. What info did you gather from them sharing their thought process?
So your presumption is that when I placed the second vote on them I was already scum reading them when their entire iso was saying "hey everyone!"
I don't think that's true, and it's assuredly not a tunnel.
I am not sure as to my full response to their thought process because I'm still asking them questions about it and haven't seen them answer yet - so it's an ongoing process. If I had to guess at their alignment I would tend to bounce it to the scum side,
because I vaguely dislike non-logical conclusions. But that's including a presumption on my part that they won't have a valid answer.
I haven't said hardly a word on your vote on PKM in any kind of sound way. I don't have a stance on that. I threw out a possibility to see if things could get moving. I'd rather try to get answers out of the IC sooner rather than later. I'm not as concerned about your vote on PKM as much as I am on GN. I think the vote on GN is going to be most telling when GN or yourself flips. In a way I can't blame you for voting me since I know my meta, but I assure you I am not doing anything I wouldn't normally do as Town. I am prepared to link games if need be, but tbh I think you would prolly want to flip me anyways day one since you prolly would rather MY meta not be in the game all game long.

In bold: cute.
In post 89, LicketyQuickety wrote:If i was worried about what I looked like I would definitely not be engaging this far down the rabbit hole of clusterSmurf logic.
Well, you actually are actively complaining that I'm forcing you to go down the hole - so, clearly you *don't* wish to be here.
Also, your only other option, as scum, would be to act like I'm not here, which I assure you would end up making you look worse.
Finally, going hard emotion response in your reply tends to cloud up your answers and feels defensive to me.
GTFO of here with that. I'm not stupid and I can see a blatant logical fallacy when I see one. No, not going to entertain you with this one - don't even ask.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:44 am

What should have been at the end of that post: What's the benefit of voting me as your scum read over your other Scum read? You wont get much from pressure on me, either you lynch me or you don't, I don't cave, even as Scum.

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:20 am

Post by KittyMo »

[2] GreenNope ~ Dewy, Impoetic
[2] PkmSilver ~ frog
[1] LicketyQuickety ~ Thor665
[1] Thor665 ~ GreenNope

[4] Not Voting ~ Hyped, LicketyQuickety, lis, PkmSilver

With
alive, it's
to lynch!

Deadline is at (expired on 2016-07-20 18:00:00)

Will begin a replacement search for Hyped and lis if they do not post within the next 7 hours.
Last edited by KittyMo on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:38 am

Post by frog »

In post 97, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why do I have to know what Town read you are talking about in order for that to mean anything to me? Honestly, I don't really mind what my Town reads say as long as they are pushing Scum and remaining a Town read to me.
You don't. I was merely stating that another player (Impoetic, as you have lately noted) disagreed with your way of assessing how Newbies might play, how best to read them, and the like (see post #72 in particular). There was no reason to carry the discussion further; I said we'd disagree but was happy to not discuss it any more and leave you to your way of playing.

Here's why it is significant:
In post 68, LicketyQuickety wrote:Anyways, Reads:

Town:
Impoetic

Town lean:
GreenNope

Null:
Thor
PKM
Hyped (hasn't posted)
Lis (hasn't posted)

Scum Lean:
Dewy
frog
You 'don't know what Town read
talking about', yet you have precisely one town read. I find it hard to believe that you would forget your only townread if your reads were genuine. Between that and your most recent post...

UNVOTE:
VOTE: LicketyQuickety

I will get to the rest of what has been posted tomorrow, as it is getting late over here.
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Dewy »

@LQ

You seem to have meta in your responses to Thor to get him to realize that you are town. However, I don't think meta should be the only way to read someone, but because people can change their meta.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:Didn't come across like you were saying there was an equal chance of being either Town or Scum, no.
That's not what I said.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:Nope, didn't see you provide any evidence for why PKM was Scum. I threw out a possibility. You think that's Scummy? You're wrong, but OK.
I will agree that I provided just as much evidence for Pkm to be scum in that quote as I did for me to be town.
Doesn't change that you are straw grasping to present that as Thor presenting a town case on himself for you to call questionable.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:Go back and look at how you attacking me started.. might shed some light on the subject. In other words, I don't feel like I have been defending myself at all.
You have been defending yourself because I've been attacking you.
I'm not calling that scummy.
I *am* calling the concept that you're scumhunting me by defending yourself via hair split arguments to be scummy, however.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why not? Why don't you buy it? I can tell you right now, you are making the same mistake all super experienced players make when they are not reading me correctly (given you are Town): you are assuming you know the way I play and what I would do as Scum and think I am doing what you expect me to do as Scum. Go 'head, read through a couple of my games. Pretty sure you should be able to figure out you have me wrong.
I know that what you are presenting makes no sense, and I am presuming that you, as town, make some sense.
If you play this way as town, then, worst case, I'm trying to lynch a player who doesn't use any logic in their reads.
But I think that's less likely than you being flailscum.

Do you have any games showing you doing this, or something like it, as town?
I'd be happy to look at them.
If your answer is "all of them" then I refer you to my concept above.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:Yeah, only problem with that is that it is correct play theory wise is to talk more to the people who you are trying to convince the person you should be talking to is Scum and I believe you were doing this. I also think you hadn't up until that point indicated that you thought I was a Scum read previously to that.
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here - but I will agree with you that I was presenting issues I had with your slot/suspicions of you being scum to everyone else in the expectation/hope they would agree with me or explain your actions as town.
I will agree that I'm trying to get you lynched.
I will agree that up until I voted you I did not explicitly say you were a scum read.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why is it Scummy? Better yet, why is it Scummy for ME to do that?
For the reasons I stated - I believed you were misrepresenting my position in order to attack me, when it seems quite obvious that I was not doing what you were saying I was doing.
I think that is scummy for anyone to do - if it is your town meta, then you should stop doing it immediately.
I note that you aren't arguing that you didn't do it at this point, you're arguing that you do it as town.
Please never do that.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:I wouldn't call it rage, far from it actually. Frustration hence the colorful language, yes. Rage? No.
Then my scum read holds, please refrain from cursing at me if you're not angry at me, thanks!
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:You strongly disagree doesn't sound like black and white logic to me.. It sounds more like a strong opinion.
You are presenting an opinion that noting an observation is not an answer.
I am noting disagreement and providing reasoning to support my opinion and why I find your answer deflective, and not one I buy.
Since we are each offering opinions, I will agree that it is not a black/white value call - I never said it was.
I did say I had made a value call, and what it was.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:I can go back and look at the quote and then my answer and give you my interpretation of things since you're not doing a great job of interpreting and questioning my posts so far. Want me to do that?
Sure.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:No, how does me commenting on something prevent GN from answering a question that in all likelihood hadn't been intruded in the first place?
Well...so far he hasn't answered it, though I will agree that speaks more on him than you.
I will agree it doesn't bar him from answering it for all time.
That said - I think it's pretty clear that it is deflective and defensive for him to have someone else field the question.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote:I haven't said hardly a word on your vote on PKM in any kind of sound way. I don't have a stance on that. I threw out a possibility to see if things could get moving. I'd rather try to get answers out of the IC sooner rather than later. I'm not as concerned about your vote on PKM as much as I am on GN. I think the vote on GN is going to be most telling when GN or yourself flips. In a way I can't blame you for voting me since I know my meta, but I assure you I am not doing anything I wouldn't normally do as Town. I am prepared to link games if need be, but tbh I think you would prolly want to flip me anyways day one since you prolly would rather MY meta not be in the game all game long.
So...basically you agree with me that it is beneficial for town to lynch you today?
Because that's what I'm getting here.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:49 am

In post 103, frog wrote:
In post 97, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why do I have to know what Town read you are talking about in order for that to mean anything to me? Honestly, I don't really mind what my Town reads say as long as they are pushing Scum and remaining a Town read to me.
You don't. I was merely stating that another player (Impoetic, as you have lately noted) disagreed with your way of assessing how Newbies might play, how best to read them, and the like (see post #72 in particular). There was no reason to carry the discussion further; I said we'd disagree but was happy to not discuss it any more and leave you to your way of playing.

Here's why it is significant:
In post 68, LicketyQuickety wrote:Anyways, Reads:

Town:
Impoetic

Town lean:
GreenNope

Null:
Thor
PKM
Hyped (hasn't posted)
Lis (hasn't posted)

Scum Lean:
Dewy
frog
You 'don't know what Town read
talking about', yet you have precisely one town read. I find it hard to believe that you would forget your only townread if your reads were genuine. Between that and your most recent post...

UNVOTE:
VOTE: LicketyQuickety

I will get to the rest of what has been posted tomorrow, as it is getting late over here.
Errr... I could Two Town reads there. This is prolly not how anyone else sees it, but I read this as you Scum reading me because we have a difference of opinion.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 101, LicketyQuickety wrote:What should have been at the end of that post: What's the benefit of voting me as your scum read over your other Scum read?
I feel more confident about you flipping scum.
In post 101, LicketyQuickety wrote:You wont get much from pressure on me, either you lynch me or you don't, I don't cave, even as Scum.
I would submit that as both alignments you are playing it wrong if this is your reaction.
Town should want to lynch scum - and if you are town you know this for a fact, so a lynch of you is not a good play for town.
If you are scum it strongly benefits your team for you to make it deeper into the game even if you are just a goon, as it helps deflect town PR abilities to weaken the team and secure a town win. So, again, you should strive not to be lynched.
frog
frog
Mafia Scum
frog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:02 am

Post by frog »

That's not going to stand.
In post 80, frog wrote:A challenge to your assumption has already been brought up by a player you
read as town
, but it's apparent that you'll stick to your fairly rigid, systematic approach to the game, and I'll leave you to it.
In post 81, LicketyQuickety wrote:IDK what
Town read
you are talking about or what was said that I disagreed with so you might want to point that out before I throw a serious vote in your direction.
In post 97, LicketyQuickety wrote:Why do I have to know what
Town read
you are talking about in order for that to mean anything to me?
I made it very clear at the beginning that I was talking about a player you read as
town
, taking the distinction from your reads list, not one you had down as a town
lean
, and from all your subsequent remarks it is clear that you interpreted it in the same way. Giving you the benefit of the doubt for a second, your townlean was GreenNope, whose last post was #44, well before this discussion of how to play was brought up, whereas the bulk of Impoetic's posts came after that point (and these must have informed your read on her, right?). It is still inconceivable you would not be able to recall who I was talking about, unless your reads were not genuine.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 107, Thor665 wrote:
In post 101, LicketyQuickety wrote:What should have been at the end of that post: What's the benefit of voting me as your scum read over your other Scum read?
I feel more confident about you flipping scum.
In post 101, LicketyQuickety wrote:You wont get much from pressure on me, either you lynch me or you don't, I don't cave, even as Scum.
I would submit that as both alignments you are playing it wrong if this is your reaction.
Town should want to lynch scum - and if you are town you know this for a fact, so a lynch of you is not a good play for town.
If you are scum it strongly benefits your team for you to make it deeper into the game even if you are just a goon, as it helps deflect town PR abilities to weaken the team and secure a town win. So, again, you should strive not to be lynched.
I think that was a "FYPOV" scenario and not Lickety asking to be lynched. I don't really SR either of you, but I feel like your tunnel-vision is a possible tactic as scum and I'd like to hear elaboration on Lickety's alleged townread on you(?).

Sorry. Really confused now.
It didn't help to be subbed into a non-newbie game just now and read 24 pages before coming back here. I probably should have thought that through more before offering to sub in.
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Dewy »

@Poetic
In post 109, Impoetic wrote: I think that was a "FYPOV" scenario and not Lickety asking to be lynched. I don't really SR either of you, but I feel like your tunnel-vision is a possible tactic as scum and I'd like to hear elaboration on Lickety's alleged townread on you(?).
I had a hard time digesting the wall posts, but I'm pretty sure that LQ and Thor are scum reading each other?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Impoetic »

Maybe that was just in the other game then. Or was it Frog that Lickety TR'd? I thought I remembered Lickety saying in one of his posts, "You're town, so [...]"
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 108, frog wrote:I made it very clear at the beginning that I was talking about a player you read as
town
, taking the distinction from your reads list, not one you had down as a town
lean
, and from all your subsequent remarks it is clear that you interpreted it in the same way. Giving you the benefit of the doubt for a second, your townlean was GreenNope, whose last post was #44, well before this discussion of how to play was brought up, whereas the bulk of Impoetic's posts came after that point (and these must have informed your read on her, right?). It is still inconceivable you would not be able to recall who I was talking about, unless your reads were not genuine.
I'm buying into this case.
In post 109, Impoetic wrote: I'd like to hear elaboration on Lickety's alleged townread on you(?).
He either null reads me or scum reads me as far as I'm aware - his last official word was null, but then he indicated he thought I was being more scummy.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Impoetic »

VOTE: Hyped
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Dewy »

@Poetic
In post 113, Impoetic wrote:VOTE: Hyped
Where's the naked vote coming from? Are you scumreading Hyped?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Impoetic »

I'm hyped for season 2 of mr robot, so this guy's the guiser.

...I didn't know they had posted.
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Dewy »

@Poetic
In post 115, Impoetic wrote:I'm hyped for season 2 of mr robot, so this guy's the guiser.
This it a RVS vote?
In post 115, Impoetic wrote:...I didn't know they had posted.
They haven't posted?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:23 am

In post 105, Thor665 wrote:
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: Didn't come across like you were saying there was an equal chance of being either Town or Scum, no.
That's not what I said.
Actually, that is exactly what you were implying.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: Nope, didn't see you provide any evidence for why PKM was Scum. I threw out a possibility. You think that's Scummy? You're wrong, but OK.
I will agree that I provided just as much evidence for Pkm to be scum in that quote as I did for me to be town.
Doesn't change that you are straw grasping to present that as Thor presenting a town case on himself for you to call questionable.
Ooohhhh.... You're actually pushing my lynch now. Heh. I don't know if I can dig my way out of this one.

Lets get this shit straight. That whole thing about you pointing out your own town tells would be a blip if you weren't so slow in catching what I was saying the first 5 times.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: Go back and look at how you attacking me started.. might shed some light on the subject. In other words, I don't feel like I have been defending myself at all.
You have been defending yourself because I've been attacking you.
I'm not calling that scummy.
I *am* calling the concept that you're scumhunting me by defending yourself via hair split arguments to be scummy, however.
And why are you attacking me? Could it be because of a whole misunderstanding about what I said about you pointing out your town tells?

IDK, but that's what its looking like to me.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: Why not? Why don't you buy it? I can tell you right now, you are making the same mistake all super experienced players make when they are not reading me correctly (given you are Town): you are assuming you know the way I play and what I would do as Scum and think I am doing what you expect me to do as Scum. Go 'head, read through a couple of my games. Pretty sure you should be able to figure out you have me wrong.
I know that what you are presenting makes no sense, and I am presuming that you, as town, make some sense.
If you play this way as town, then, worst case, I'm trying to lynch a player who doesn't use any logic in their reads.
But I think that's less likely than you being flailscum.

Do you have any games showing you doing this, or something like it, as town?
I'd be happy to look at them.
If your answer is "all of them" then I refer you to my concept above.
I am making sense, you just refuse to see it.
Oh, I wouldn't say any player alive doesn't use any logic, its just a matter of what are people looking at and how well can they articulate themselves and how much about the game do they know.
LOL. So now you
say
you think I am flailing. How? Is this really what flailing looks like? Naw, you're making smurf up.

Shit. I'll do an old one that you played in, one that I played before my hiatus and a recent game. Is three games enough or do you want t few more?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=61893

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=63704

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthrea ... ia-Wars-II Rurouni Kenshin, sorry this one is a hydra and an off site game but over 90% of the posts are by me.

In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: Yeah, only problem with that is that it is correct play theory wise is to talk more to the people who you are trying to convince the person you should be talking to is Scum and I believe you were doing this. I also think you hadn't up until that point indicated that you thought I was a Scum read previously to that.
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here - but I will agree with you that I was presenting issues I had with your slot/suspicions of you being scum to everyone else in the expectation/hope they would agree with me or explain your actions as town.
I will agree that I'm trying to get you lynched.
I will agree that up until I voted you I did not explicitly say you were a scum read.
post 83 is where you were preaching that I was Scum, and by your own account this was before you were Scum reading me as you said you weren't Scum reading me until the post that you voted me.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: Why is it Scummy? Better yet, why is it Scummy for ME to do that?
For the reasons I stated - I believed you were misrepresenting my position in order to attack me, when it seems quite obvious that I was not doing what you were saying I was doing.
I think that is scummy for anyone to do - if it is your town meta, then you should stop doing it immediately.
I note that you aren't arguing that you didn't do it at this point, you're arguing that you do it as town.
Please never do that.
Let me tell you how I see it. I see a very competent IC saying that they are doing Town tells within the first very few pages. In what world does an IC who has been playing this game for at least 7 years needs to make an argument that they are Town telling to someone who has prolly played <5 games total? THAT is what I am looking at. Like why would a player who is as experienced as yourself need to every mention that they are doing Town tells by page 3? Maybe I have unrealistic expectations, but I know I myself actually make an effort to try not to have to mention that I have a Scummy meta so soon. I don't like having to say I have a Scummy meta every fucking game. I don't want to have to rely on me talking about my meta every game... in fact I actually talk about my Scummy meta more as Town than I do as Scum.

Let me make this clear: I am simply a player who 90-99% of players don't understand at all. Granted, there are always a few people wherever I go who do actually understand me, but they are few and far in between. I cannot help this, I am just wired differently than other people.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: I wouldn't call it rage, far from it actually. Frustration hence the colorful language, yes. Rage? No.
Then my scum read holds, please refrain from cursing at me if you're not angry at me, thanks!
First off, I haven't once referred to you as a cuss word. Secondly, You try being lynchbait and getting lynched before day 3 in 80% of the games you play and see how you handle is when yet another Super star Mafia player thinks its better that your dead even if you are Town. Yeah, I have every reason to be upset actually.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: You strongly disagree doesn't sound like black and white logic to me.. It sounds more like a strong opinion.
You are presenting an opinion that noting an observation is not an answer.
I am noting disagreement and providing reasoning to support my opinion and why I find your answer deflective, and not one I buy.
Since we are each offering opinions, I will agree that it is not a black/white value call - I never said it was.
I did say I had made a value call, and what it was.
Whatever.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: I can go back and look at the quote and then my answer and give you my interpretation of things since you're not doing a great job of interpreting and questioning my posts so far. Want me to do that?
Sure.
yeah, I don't see anything in what I said that would interfere from GN answering what you were asking her. Sorry to break this to you, but just because you ask someone a question doesn't at all mean that that quote is off limits from other people commenting on it.

In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: No, how does me commenting on something prevent GN from answering a question that in all likelihood hadn't been intruded in the first place?
Well...so far he hasn't answered it, though I will agree that speaks more on him than you.
I will agree it doesn't bar him from answering it for all time.
That said - I think it's pretty clear that it is deflective and defensive for him to have someone else field the question.
Let me let you in on a secret: when I play as Town, I am completely unhindered to explore whatever I feel I think I can get something on. As Scum, I don't think I contradict myself as much because I have an agenda to work and don't need to actually Scum hunt, I just have to make it look like I am Scum hunting.

Here is a recent completed game where I was Scum. IDK if you will be able to see a difference or not, but I'm linking it anyways.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: I haven't said hardly a word on your vote on PKM in any kind of sound way. I don't have a stance on that. I threw out a possibility to see if things could get moving. I'd rather try to get answers out of the IC sooner rather than later. I'm not as concerned about your vote on PKM as much as I am on GN. I think the vote on GN is going to be most telling when GN or yourself flips. In a way I can't blame you for voting me since I know my meta, but I assure you I am not doing anything I wouldn't normally do as Town. I am prepared to link games if need be, but tbh I think you would prolly want to flip me anyways day one since you prolly would rather MY meta not be in the game all game long.
So...basically you agree with me that it is beneficial for town to lynch you today?
Because that's what I'm getting here.
I have no idea where you are getting that from. I said I understand why you are voting me.. that does not mean I want to be lynched. I don't want to be lynched, but honestly, I've been in this situation so many times it doesn't even phase me anymore.

Sorry this took so long to respond to, I haven't slept in over 27 hours.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: Didn't come across like you were saying there was an equal chance of being either Town or Scum, no.
That's not what I said.
Actually, that is exactly what you were implying.
In post 100, LicketyQuickety wrote: Nope, didn't see you provide any evidence for why PKM was Scum. I threw out a possibility. You think that's Scummy? You're wrong, but OK.
That quote appears to support my stance that I was not saying there was an equal chance of being town or scum.
It does appear to suggest that I wasn't using it as an alignment tell because I don't think it was an alignment tell.
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:That whole thing about you pointing out your own town tells would be a blip if you weren't so slow in catching what I was saying the first 5 times.
I caught what you were saying the first time.
WHat I pointed out was there was no evidence to support your stance.
You continue to not provide any.
I mean, yeah, you're showing me saying the words "town" and "scum" and in there, amongst other names, I also mention my own.
But that's kind of like saying that if I said "wood and wind instruments fire me up" is the same as me describing ingredients to make a campfire.
Yeah, words were used...but...
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:And why are you attacking me? Could it be because of a whole misunderstanding about what I said about you pointing out your town tells?
Amongst other things, but I will agree that was the initial point I attacked over - I characterized it as a misrep and have asked you to show me where I'm wrong while I advanced my theory that it was an intentional misrep after seeing your inability to do so.
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:So now you
say
you think I am flailing. How? Is this really what flailing looks like? Naw, you're making smurf up.
I think flailing looks like someone trying to discuss anything except the points they're being called scummy over. They do this with a number of tools including AtE, deflection, and intentional misunderstanding.
I think you fit the bill quite nicely.
If you prefer we can call it aardvarkingscum - but that is what I mean by flailscum.
So in those I am going to find misreps as town - or something else?
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:post 83 is where you were preaching that I was Scum, and by your own account this was before you were Scum reading me as you said you weren't Scum reading me until the post that you voted me.
Yes. And?
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:Let me tell you how I see it. I see a very competent IC saying that they are doing Town tells within the first very few pages. In what world does an IC who has been playing this game for at least 7 years needs to make an argument that they are Town telling to someone who has prolly played <5 games total? THAT is what I am looking at.
And yet you still are unable to note that what I was actually discussing was how the presented case made no sense as far as I could see, and explicitly asking them to explain their case.
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote: Like why would a player who is as experienced as yourself need to every mention that they are doing Town tells by page 3?
I don't think I would. Well...I suppose someone could be crazy dense and call a Mod posted IC note a scumtell or something, but beyond that, no.
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:Let me make this clear: I am simply a player who 90-99% of players don't understand at all. Granted, there are always a few people wherever I go who do actually understand me, but they are few and far in between. I cannot help this, I am just wired differently than other people.
Weren't you accusing me of intentionally misunderstanding you?
These two things do not appear to line up.
Clarify?
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:First off, I haven't once referred to you as a cuss word.
I know - that's why I said 'cursing at me' as opposed to 'don't call me a Smurf-face'.
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote: Secondly, You try being lynchbait and getting lynched before day 3 in 80% of the games you play and see how you handle is when yet another Super star Mafia player thinks its better that your dead even if you are Town. Yeah, I have every reason to be upset actually.
I never called myself a Super Star - so I feel like you are either faking this, or are getting mad at me for reasons that are more internal.
If you don't like being lynchbait - I would advise that you change your playstyle rather then repeatedly assure me it's good, and that I'm intentionally misunderstanding you on one hand, while also admitting you are massively scumread and constantly misunderstood on the other.
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:yeah, I don't see anything in what I said that would interfere from GN answering what you were asking her. Sorry to break this to you, but just because you ask someone a question doesn't at all mean that that quote is off limits from other people commenting on it.
Other than it being bad town play, good scum play, and hurting scumhunting, I agree.

In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:Let me let you in on a secret: when I play as Town, I am completely unhindered to explore whatever I feel I think I can get something on. As Scum, I don't think I contradict myself as much because I have an agenda to work and don't need to actually Scum hunt, I just have to make it look like I am Scum hunting.
Okay.
I didn't call you scummy for contradicting yourself.
I called you scummy for claiming a scumhunting plan that makes no sense.
In post 117, LicketyQuickety wrote:Sorry this took so long to respond to, I haven't slept in over 27 hours.
Dear gawd - go to bed, that is unhealthy!
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Impoetic »

Yes, it was RVS. This isn't, though:

VOTE: Dewy

In the meantime, Thor, who do you think Lick's partner might be? Because I'm not sure I like this whole tunnel thing. I get that town can have differing mindsets, but I still think it's potential scum tactic to spend the whole of day 1 tunneling fruitlessly like that so they don't have to make opinions elsewere -- primarily due to something someone said in my first game here.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

@LQ - as I'm looking over your meta I note that you have a number of recently completed games, why did you only link me stuff from back in the day?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 119, Impoetic wrote:In the meantime, Thor, who do you think Lick's partner might be? Because I'm not sure I like this whole tunnel thing. I get that town can have differing mindsets, but I still think it's potential scum tactic to spend the whole of day 1 tunneling fruitlessly like that so they don't have to make opinions elsewere -- primarily due to something someone said in my first game here.
First off I would like to take a moment to assess the "tunnel" line and to point out that it is awfully silly.
I have moved my vote amongst three different players.
I have only been voting LQ for less than a day.
It is premature, and also pretty silly, to call that a tunnel. It is not a tunnel at all. I, and others, are allowed to express a scumread without it being a tunnel. You can express a scumread for days without it being a tunnel. The only way it becomes a tunnel is if you;
1. Ignore new information.
2. Ignore other cases.
You also, assuredly, don't have the ability to show that I'm not giving opinions on others, indeed, LQ accussed me of tunneling on GreenNope, I do believe. Here's a hint, if a tunnel shifts, especially if it does so repeatedly - it is called 'focus'.

If you can explain how I am even remotely doing a tunnel, I will apologize to you, the rest of the game, and to LQ, and will immediately sheep you for the next 48 hours.

I don't know why I hear the tunnel line so much - it is weird.

To your other question, I have already expressed a thought that GreenNope and LQ make sense as potential scumbuddies.
I haven't seen enough interaction between LQ and anyone else to draw other conclusions.
DO you see anything I'm missing?
Dewy
Dewy
Goon
Dewy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Dewy »

@Poetic
In post 119, Impoetic wrote:Yes, it was RVS. This isn't, though:

VOTE: Dewy
Why isn't it? What is your reasoning behind voting me?

@LQ

Respond to my and please.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Impoetic »

Frick. Sorry, I got this game ocnfused with the other one already. :( Yeah, I managed to forget that you were one of the primary people SRing GreenNope. Not counting RVS, was there a third player you voted that I've forgotten about too? u_u;

I said "tunnel" because the past few(?) pages have been primarily you two debating back and forth. That might not qualify as such, but it's what caused me to feel assured in using the word, at the time, along with getting the details of everything utterly mixed up. I'm sorry.

Somehow, despite reading all your posts, I haven't gotten the gist of your arguments.

Man, this is embarrassing. I guess I'll definitely be trying to reread some tonight. It just seems like a bunch of small thing you guys are getting on each others' cases about, from what I've seen. What do you think of Dewy? it seems like everyone but him has been considered despite his posts all being fairly low-key. I guess the GreenNope/Lick team makes sense, but more because Lickety would turn on Green as maf with GN town here than anything else.

Sorry once more. :c
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:21 am

In post 120, Thor665 wrote:@LQ - as I'm looking over your meta I note that you have a number of recently completed games, why did you only link me stuff from back in the day?
This: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... =66845this is my most recent completed game on this site and it is a Scum game. I am in 2 other games on this site but both are ongoing.

In case that is enough:

http://personalitycafe.com/mafia/870714 ... n-win.html is my most recent completed game

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/5 ... QuickTwist my ISO of my second most recent completed game

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/5 ... QuickTwist my ISO of my third most recent completed game

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”