Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 97, morph the cat wrote:Well, just don't do it in the game unless you want to descend to modkilled-hell.

Wait till you're in the dead thread~
The "anti-bet" rule in ongoing games right? I wasn't sure it applied to avatar bets though hm, good to know.

by the way if anyone is perhaps wondering

no I don't have any intention to actually play mafia/seriously until someone scum it up (in my personal view)

see you

p-edit: heh
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Cephrir »

i wonder what having solid reads on page 4 is like. it sounds nice.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:11 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 99, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 35, implosion wrote:No rvs. Only Seriousness.
y'all beat me to it this time! :D
In post 42, Shirou wrote:I can't read hydras if at least one of the heads doesn't sign

it's page 2 and I'm already confused on what head is posting what

VOTE: morph the cat
I don't like this post, it doesn't suggest that you're actually trying to figure out which head is which, and if you're confused you could just ask instead of using it as a motivation for a vote

VOTE: Shirou
I don't like this post.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Shirou »

Okay I had written the above before those new posts

maybe I'll stay around for a couple more minutes

I'm mildly interested in GL now

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 58, Shirou wrote:If you won't make an effort to distinguish the heads/who's talking, do not ever expect me to do that job for you.
hmm maybe I should have read this post first

but why so annoyed at the idea of trying to do it? it might be annoying, but don't you kinda need to try to do that work if you want better odds of sorting them correctly?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:14 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 77, Shirou wrote:
In post 73, northsidegal wrote:
In post 71, northsidegal wrote:whom among us has not spent hours pouring through fferyllt's wiki page searching for clues to the mysteries of life
oh god it's poring through not pouring through ohhh god i misspoke in front of everyone just eliminate me now

anyways i would probably scumread myself for this opening because i'm not being serious despite there arguably being readable content from people but i honestly didn't really get anything out of it so RVS and being a weirdo is what you get from me instead for now
hahaha, I would be slightly surprised if you were scum here with this post now

I feel like even in the case scum!NSG opened a game without getting into "sorting" (either because you didn't feel like it or because you didn't know what to say), I think rather than joke about it and bring attention to the fact you would ask about small stuff or something...

hm

perhaps I'm reading too much into this though
don't like this either
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:14 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 101, Cephrir wrote:i wonder what having solid reads on page 4 is like. it sounds nice.
Singular.

Let me give you a hint. You're still in Seattle, right?

Wait for Tammy to make a post, then time exactly 2 hours and 10 minutes after that, turn your ears to the west, just a tad bit south. Do you hear demonic screeching? If so, Tammy drew red. If not, locktown.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also morph when have you (collectively) ever liked my early game posts

last time we played in that Dedede fusion game I remember us arguing for the vast majority of it, D1 for sure at least

it's prob gonna be the same thing again here
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:18 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 107, GuiltyLion wrote:(collectively)
Not enough data points to argue this either direction, although I-neuter liked your openings as a solo player before.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I used to tell everyone my scum game isn't that good but I've decided in 2022 I'm going to stop doing that and instead demand everyone fear/respect my scumgame

I reread my White Flag ISO a few weeks back and it was like way better than I remember it feeling at the time

but the good news for most of you is that I rolled town here!
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Amazonian Legends »

Hey GuiltyLion! Still love the avatar.

What do you expect from Ydrasse this game?

--PA
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 104, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 58, Shirou wrote:If you won't make an effort to distinguish the heads/who's talking, do not ever expect me to do that job for you.
hmm maybe I should have read this post first

but why so annoyed at the idea of trying to do it? it might be annoying, but don't you kinda need to try to do that work if you want better odds of sorting them correctly?
I mean we've already discussed about it and both me/morph seemed satisfied with each other replies, so you can read that first if you want

but basically the TL;DR is that I refuse as an
individual
to put more effort into something that they aren't trying harder on by themselves first. This isn't just a mafia rule, it's...a bit of a general rule to me?

It's annoying and it takes practice, but basically one hydra that wants to have their heads thoughts/reads/takes/etc properly distinguished can simply sign their posts which takes perhaps less than a second.

After they sign and have contributed their part into helping people distinguish the heads, it's up to other players to separate and remember in their memories/note threads the difference in reads/opinions/etc between reads. That way, it's a group effort.

If a hydra doesn't have at least one head signing their posts but was against being treated as a more unified entity, they would be basically delegating all the work/effort of making their slot readable onto other players when they could solve half of the problem spending one or two extra seconds on every post. It doesn't feel...correct.

However Morph already said they are fine being considered a more unified sort of entity even if they are a hydra, so that feels completely acceptable/alright to me now.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 111, Shirou wrote:reads/opinions/etc between reads.
heads*

(Aka Volpe14)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hmmm Shriou, how excited would you say you are to play this game? How much forum mafia experience do you have ultimately?

Hey PA! I am not sure, having just spent several weeks dealing with her scum game I'm hoping to feel it out tone/vibewise if she's different. I don't have a great sense of Ydra meta but I guess if she's town I'd expect her to work a tiny bit harder than she just did in the Dance game to show some solvey thought processes?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:26 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 113, GuiltyLion wrote:if she's town I'd expect her to work a tiny bit harder than she just did in the Dance game to show some solvey thought processes?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:27 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 111, Shirou wrote:If a hydra doesn't have at least one head signing their posts but was against being treated as a more unified entity, they would be basically delegating all the work/effort of making their slot readable onto other players when they could solve half of the problem spending one or two extra seconds on every post. It doesn't feel...correct.
I guess I can buy this as a principled stance, if you aren't going to say it's AI to sign/not-sign posts

we might just have a different opinion on what people owe us as players, I kinda feel at the end of the day it's always my responsibility to do my best to read people accurately regardless of what they give me or how much they cooperate. I feel I don't grow as a mafia player if I blame people for things that make me misread them
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:28 am

Post by morph the cat »

GL, are you town reading us already? That warms our furry hearts.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:29 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 107, GuiltyLion wrote:also morph when have you (collectively) ever liked my early game posts

last time we played in that Dedede fusion game I remember us arguing for the vast majority of it, D1 for sure at least

it's prob gonna be the same thing again here
Don't think I need a tilde this time.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:30 am

Post by morph the cat »

(for those of you just joining us, hello, and welcome aboard to the thing where both heads sync and make basically the same post independently back to back)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:32 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I thought you came off townier than the Amazonian Legends hydra, it seemed like their play was more centered on appealing to you than vice versa, but I don't know if I have fully formed Takes on it yet since there's always gonna be some level of inherent weirdness in how much experience/familiarity you all collectively have with each other and how it needs to be acknowledged/addressed up front regardless of your alignment combination. Honestly for D1 I might just defer to how you two hydras each sort eachother but I'll jump in if something feels off to me
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:34 am

Post by morph the cat »

We're just curious because you came right out and stated that a scum read on you would be us "generally not liking your openings ever" without affordance for us being scum trying to start up a trajectory towards voting you, so...?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:34 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 119, GuiltyLion wrote:I thought you came off townier than the Amazonian Legends hydra, it seemed like their play was more centered on appealing to you than vice versa, but I don't know if I have fully formed Takes on it yet since there's always gonna be some level of inherent weirdness in how much experience/familiarity you all collectively have with each other and how it needs to be acknowledged/addressed up front regardless of your alignment combination. Honestly for D1 I might just defer to how you two hydras each sort eachother but I'll jump in if something feels off to me
...really? i had the opposite take and thought amazonian was townier because of the 'challenge' or threat they presented in their first posts.

like morph is probably the most boppable player(s) around at the moment and when you combine that with familiarity it's pretty uh... bold to make your first interaction "if you try to push us we WILL get you killed next day by virtue of our death" which doesn't really seem conciliatory at all but more like "fuck with us and regret it"

which, if there are people around that know you, seems like a bad idea to call attention to that sort of thing instantly.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:36 am

Post by morph the cat »

(For context of people who don't know, the Cabd in Morph and the PA in Amazon are husband-wife.)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:38 am

Post by implosion »

I want to townread Shirou with no reasoning behind it.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 113, GuiltyLion wrote:hmmm Shriou, how excited would you say you are to play this game?
"excited" huh?

That's up to how you define excited?

am I excited to get into heated arguments and lose my sanity to either feel foolish when my tunneled slot flips town or to feel a short-lived bit of satisfaction for one day or two if it flips scum? Nah. I used to before but nowadays no, eliminating scum/solving here and there is still fun but I'm here mostly to...chill I guess?

I'm not very thrilled at all about getting sweaty/tryharding unless I'm confident on a SR. However, I
am
"excited", or rather ?happy?, to have the opportunity to talk and play with this playerlist. If I ever get to the point of town leaning one of NSG/Tammy/ffery & Cabd, I may default to sheeping one of them if I don't feel confident on anything.

Why? Well, I've seen NSG games by myself, but in the case of Tammy/Morph I guess I would be trusting "wisdom of the crowd" or so due to the things I've heard.

Now...I'm gonna answer the other question in my next post

unrelated trivia fact#1:
Spoiler:
This change in mindset is why I think I prefer scum rather than town now (did I become a pokemon shiny in the current era of "everyone wants to be town"? maybe.), but this game in particular I was still hoping to roll town because lots of strong scum hunters + multiple cops sounds like it would take too much effort to even stay alive, let alone win the game.

(Aka Volpe14)

Return to “Completed Open Games”