Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 80, Kcdaspot wrote:Why would ANY TOWN go so far to CONVINCE people that they are town?

you just spent a series 6 POSTS trying to do just that.
Good point. Someone going out of their way to
appear
town is something that ought to raise suspicions. That isn't what I see Andante doing, though. If Kcdaspot had taken issue with Andante being overly defensive then there might have been something in that, but they say something different about Andantes intent - that she spent a series of 5 or 6 posts trying to convince people she is town – that she obviously isn't from even a quick surface reading – she is defensive, yes, and points the finger elsewhere, but I see nothing in any of those posts that could reasonably construed as trying to convince anyone she is town.

Why do I take such issue with this description? I think it's projection, because it looks to me like kcdaspot IS attempting just that. I give a pass as an early-stage joke, but:

Spoiler: Look at what a helpful town I am, town! I must also be very town, fellow townies!
In post 80, Kcdaspot wrote: You could just react to other things in thread the back and forth with me and NM, even if it was banter it would still be early enough to be townie.
That reads to me like 'I am additionally scumreading Andante because they could have TR'd me for this and didn't'. I don't know how to take this other than straight-up naked LAMIST. I'll come back to this in my next point.
In post 68, Kcdaspot wrote:it's a normal, what do y'all think? 2 or 3 scum?
Look at how helpful I am being, asking the real questions, and look! please notice how I
definitely
do not how many scum are in this game, because I'm not scum! Promise!
In post 82, Kcdaspot wrote:MOD: are you able to do a vote history?

vote analysis is always a nice tool and the mod doing that makes it batter... if not the the vote with the post the vote came from is nice as well.
Here we go again: Look at me, I'm so helpful! Of course, Prism already was including the post the vote came from before this was even asked, so it's a
pointless
attempt at looking helpful - and that's all it appears to be, as admitted when asked about it.
In post 87, Kcdaspot wrote:anything useful is useful. thats it. you do have a point about it being a 9p, but if it helps find scums then why the hell not?
In fact, the whole of the rest of post reads as "let me explain (in advance of anyone asking) how each of their previous few posts should be read as coming from a town mindset". I have to ask, why would ANY TOWN go so far to CONVINCE people that they are town?

I also read and in much the same vein - posts that try to look helpful but actually do nothing. Anyone feel like there was any legitimate risk of this day ending at that point?

Spoiler: You could just react to other things in thread the back and forth with me and NM, even if it was banter
From post . What back and forth banter would that be and Andante (or anyone else) was supposed to have reacted to, then? I can only assume it is this, since the request not to lolhammer(?) came after 80.
In post 71, Kcdaspot wrote:
In post 70, Not_Mafia wrote:There might be 3 scum, my role is pretty OP
of course someone like you would get the unlimited JOAT with dayvig.
Really? Someone is supposed to read THAT as townie, at any stage of the game? I must be missing something huge, because I fail to see how that can be described as either a back-and-forth, or as banter, let alone something that could possibly be AI. And even if I divorce the issue of it being described as a back-and-forth when clearly it isn't, the fact that person making such a 'joke', if that's what it is, then stating it is supposed to be read as townie sets alarm bells ringing in my head.

Spoiler: Getting ahead of the scumread
In post 81, Kcdaspot wrote:5 posts technically. but DAMN
This stood out to me as a strange correction. Like the others, it smells as if there was a slight panic at having made a mistake, one that would have otherwise flew over my head, an over-sensitiveness to anything that anyone could point to as being scummy. I wouldn't have considered that mistake to have been scummy even had it been spotted, but it reads as if kcda was concerned someone might go "ah ha! kcda has exaggerated the number of andante posts by one! perhaps they are scum!", as if they are re-reading their posts with an eye of picking out anything that anyone might find off because of a preoccupation with how their slot might be perceived. It's the same attitude I see from other pre-emptive statements:
In post 87, Kcdaspot wrote:I admit i'm posting a lot but these are all legitimate thoughts i had.
"legitimate thoughts"? That's a mighty strange choice of phraseology there, as is the choice to try and get ahead of any question on why they are posting as much as they are.

Overall, the whole ISO just
stinks
of someone concerned about how they appear to others and trying to pre-emptively come across as town and get ahead of a scumread when that is called for, while simultaneously trying to make a scumcase on another player for doing that when they aren't.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Will post later.

Probably won’t count as content.

I still think whatever his face is wrong on andante and I disagree with the case but w/e
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

One hell of a wallpost for page 5. I'll read when I have the energy
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I was waiting for a Beetlejuice but no one called my name.

I'm still working on the scripts for my survey strategy.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 103, Frogsterking wrote:I was waiting for a Beetlejuice but no one called my name.

Saying this is useless and annoying. Post it soon or quit talking about it completely
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 89, Enchant wrote:
In post 77, Andante wrote: like, excuse me... half this table legit isn't doing anything
That's not true, i breathing.
I think Enchant seems informed here
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 104, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 103, Frogsterking wrote:I was waiting for a Beetlejuice but no one called my name.

Saying this is useless and annoying. Post it soon or quit talking about it completely
I have until page 10
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

In post 100, Val89 wrote:
In post 80, Kcdaspot wrote:Why would ANY TOWN go so far to CONVINCE people that they are town?

appear
town is something that ought to raise suspicions. That isn't what I see Andante doing, though. If Kcdaspot had taken issue with Andante being overly defensive then there might have been something in that, but they say something different about Andantes intent - that she spent a series of 5 or 6 posts trying to convince people she is town – that she obviously isn't from even a quick surface reading – she is defensive, yes, and points the finger elsewhere, but I see nothing in any of those posts that could reasonably construed as trying to convince anyone she is town.
thats what i precieve it as. it IS a overly defensive posture. you don't act like this w/o having something to hide.

everyone of those 5 posts is paniking over those 2 votes. i simply cannot conceive any other reason to go THAT far about 2 votes. it's AI and it's scummy to the core.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

to the other points, first off thats just posting style for me. I get good ping on my scumdar and im just DWSGHAQETRJAETHNAERGBQAeoghnqaEWRGNMEAORBJAERKFGVBPONEIB. it's been a minute since i've played on-site and im trying to refine it but its just me existing fam.

to the second: thats just an example. she dont have to she can do as she pleases but something other than 5 FREAKING POSTS over this wagon. nah scum be scummin

third: went back, looked counted actually saw it was 5, so i corrected. if imma catch scums imma do it right and leave little to no room for doubt. and again, posting style.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

In post 106, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 104, JacksonVirgo wrote:

I have until page 10
now you just screwin with us.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

In post 98, Andante wrote:Meg isn't town.
VOTE: Meg
why?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Val89 »

In post 107, Kcdaspot wrote:thats what i precieve it as. it IS a overly defensive posture
You didn't accuse her of being defensive though, you accused her of trying to CONVINCE us she was town in every post, and that attitude is one that comes from scum.

She complains about the votes, and asks why she is being singled out for a lack of activity (although that doesn't actually appear to be the reason Meg gave for voting her anyway), but I don't see anywhere where she is trying to convince us of her towniness in the way you accuse her of, and do yourself.

I agree that caring about how your own slot is perceived above other considerations is scummy, but that description applies more to your own posting than Andantes, and I suggest the incorrect accusation is due to projection.
Kcdaspot wrote:went back, looked counted actually saw it was 5, so i corrected. if imma catch scums imma do it right and leave little to no room for doubt.
Perfect example. Why go back? Why look and recount, unless you are casting a critical eye over your own posting looking for reasons your scum motivation might bleed through?

I say, again, that this is demonstrative of a concern for picking up an early townread and attempting to head off any reason for criticism (that attitude also coming through in the same way in asides such as "before you say X"), in a way that isn't natural.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:59 pm

Post by Val89 »

While we are at it, would you also mind putting on the record what you didn't like about Mala, as per post , Kcdaspot?
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

its a short iso but in general mala got that passive "im here i'm towny trust me dont ask me nothin" vibe shady as hell. not worth full casing but i got my eyes out.

again, over concern about yourself in a game is defenive what your pointing out is just simply one and the same to me. shes hyper defensive and reallyu worried. you notice too thats she's careful about OMGUSing me.

and finally im just making sure that the scumcraps in this game get flushed. why is it so scummy for me to make sure i at least put an effort to not diarrhea all over the bowl and seat? just enough to but the crap in the water and make sure a clean flush and elim so that way at the end of the day we can be all like

Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by Kcdaspot »

apparently taking time to wipe is a scumtell folks
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 63, MegAzumarill wrote:Andante's joking attitude here feels like trying to not appear nervous and I think it comes from scum.
VOTE: Andante
I would like to formally rescind this post from here on out.
It's purpose was to give the game a kick in the rear and it has succeeded. It was never truthful and read that how you wish.

VOTE: KCD

Val makes good points and I dislike how quickly they joined onto my push.

(Sorry Andante :])
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:25 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 100, Val89 wrote:

appear

Why do I take such issue with this description? I think it's projection, because it looks to me like kcdaspot IS attempting just that. I give a pass as an early-stage joke, but:

Spoiler: Look at what a helpful town I am, town! I must also be very town, fellow townies!
In post 80, Kcdaspot wrote: You could just react to other things in thread the back and forth with me and NM, even if it was banter it would still be early enough to be townie.
That reads to me like 'I am additionally scumreading Andante because they could have TR'd me for this and didn't'. I don't know how to take this other than straight-up naked LAMIST. I'll come back to this in my next point.
In post 68, Kcdaspot wrote:it's a normal, what do y'all think? 2 or 3 scum?
Look at how helpful I am being, asking the real questions, and look! please notice how I
definitely
do not how many scum are in this game, because I'm not scum! Promise!
In post 82, Kcdaspot wrote:MOD: are you able to do a vote history?

vote analysis is always a nice tool and the mod doing that makes it batter... if not the the vote with the post the vote came from is nice as well.
Here we go again: Look at me, I'm so helpful! Of course, Prism already was including the post the vote came from before this was even asked, so it's a
pointless
attempt at looking helpful - and that's all it appears to be, as admitted when asked about it.
In post 87, Kcdaspot wrote:anything useful is useful. thats it. you do have a point about it being a 9p, but if it helps find scums then why the hell not?
In fact, the whole of the rest of post reads as "let me explain (in advance of anyone asking) how each of their previous few posts should be read as coming from a town mindset". I have to ask, why would ANY TOWN go so far to CONVINCE people that they are town?

I also read and in much the same vein - posts that try to look helpful but actually do nothing. Anyone feel like there was any legitimate risk of this day ending at that point?

Spoiler: You could just react to other things in thread the back and forth with me and NM, even if it was banter
From post . What back and forth banter would that be and Andante (or anyone else) was supposed to have reacted to, then? I can only assume it is this, since the request not to lolhammer(?) came after 80.
In post 71, Kcdaspot wrote:
In post 70, Not_Mafia wrote:There might be 3 scum, my role is pretty OP
of course someone like you would get the unlimited JOAT with dayvig.
Really? Someone is supposed to read THAT as townie, at any stage of the game? I must be missing something huge, because I fail to see how that can be described as either a back-and-forth, or as banter, let alone something that could possibly be AI. And even if I divorce the issue of it being described as a back-and-forth when clearly it isn't, the fact that person making such a 'joke', if that's what it is, then stating it is supposed to be read as townie sets alarm bells ringing in my head.

Spoiler: Getting ahead of the scumread
In post 81, Kcdaspot wrote:5 posts technically. but DAMN
This stood out to me as a strange correction. Like the others, it smells as if there was a slight panic at having made a mistake, one that would have otherwise flew over my head, an over-sensitiveness to anything that anyone could point to as being scummy. I wouldn't have considered that mistake to have been scummy even had it been spotted, but it reads as if kcda was concerned someone might go "ah ha! kcda has exaggerated the number of andante posts by one! perhaps they are scum!", as if they are re-reading their posts with an eye of picking out anything that anyone might find off because of a preoccupation with how their slot might be perceived. It's the same attitude I see from other pre-emptive statements:
In post 87, Kcdaspot wrote:I admit i'm posting a lot but these are all legitimate thoughts i had.
"legitimate thoughts"? That's a mighty strange choice of phraseology there, as is the choice to try and get ahead of any question on why they are posting as much as they are.

Overall, the whole ISO just
stinks
of someone concerned about how they appear to others and trying to pre-emptively come across as town and get ahead of a scumread when that is called for, while simultaneously trying to make a scumcase on another player for doing that when they aren't.
No Humor Allowed.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:49 am

Post by Andante »

In post 115, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 63, MegAzumarill wrote:Andante's joking attitude here feels like trying to not appear nervous and I think it comes from scum.
I would like to formally rescind this post from here on out.
It's purpose was to give the game a kick in the rear and it has succeeded. It was never truthful and read that how you wish.

VOTE: KCD

Val makes good points and I dislike how quickly they joined onto my push.

(Sorry Andante :])
See, I was expecting for you to go "oh andante town" or "sorry andante" with your other post, but instead you were like "tell me more about kcda!!!" cause I figured your vote was the same as all the other times you started like that

I do think it's funny kcda saw you and went "I'm jumping on that!!!"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:55 am

Post by Andante »

In post 113, Kcdaspot wrote:again, over concern about yourself in a game is defenive what your pointing out is just simply one and the same to me. shes hyper defensive and reallyu worried. you notice too thats she's careful about OMGUSing me.
And I always do bad with pressure.. it doesn't take many votes to lim here, we have NM who'll hammer like anything at e-1, so the 2 votes on me was technically 3... like no.. I'm not a fan... and if you look at literally any past game of mine, anytime I rack up votes, I freak out, can't think nor make good reads... so before you go all "ANDANTE IS OVERLY CONCERNED" like seriously?? who wouldn't be concerned about racking up votes for no reason?? cause the people barely following will go "oh people wanna vote there? sure!!" then before you know it I'm yeeted... so yeah I'm concerned, and if you have a problem with that? sorry I can't help you.
Now, when not under pressure, I'm a strong town, so if you're town, I suggest you stop wasting this time and effort going at me, and like actually trying to solve the game.

~~~

I'm pretty certain NM's lake of any sort of effort here is scum indicative, I know there's not much to interact with, but still
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:07 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:08 am

Post by Enchant »

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:13 am

Post by Andante »

can we not...
VOTE: NM
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:14 am

Post by Enchant »

OMGUS, mafia confirmed.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:41 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 116, Enchant wrote:No Humor Allowed.
What does this mean?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Andante »

I'm not 100% sure what's going on this game, but I'm seriously not a fan... like can town actually try to play please??

Val, I TR 100% like, I feel like Val is trying, kcda is doing their own thing, Meg is trying to get into this, and everyone else?? like, hello?? you realize we're playing a maf game right?? If people don't want to play, I can coast too...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”