Micro 1067: Is There a Doctor in the House? - Game over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Tabibitos »

In post 96, Vanderscamp wrote:Has anyone played this set before?

According to the wiki this has 9 town wins and 3 scum wins, there must be something good in one of those previous games that we can aim to replicate
The last set ran without any grand scheme, and they almost lost because night actions were chaotic. They also asked themselves that.

I don't want to seem like I'm bragging, but there's been multiple games that I've helped town to come up with an unusual but effective mech strategy, like for example in TM 2021 Black Flag, S_S Beetle Micro and my most recent completed game. If my plan has a flaw I would like you to explain it harder than dismiss without seriously considering. I spent my afternoon typing this.

- Aether
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 97, Shirou wrote:
In post 94, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 57, Tabibitos wrote:
In post 48, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 45, Shirou wrote:
In post 42, Abnegation wrote:how does our jk become a cop if they don’t know they’re the jk?
By dividing ourselves in two groups. We don't need to know who is the jailkeeper, we would just need to get a no NK night with one scum remaining. Even if they do no night kill to falsely incriminate someone, it's not as good as it may look in the paper because we can gain extra eliminations if they keep no night killing.

Jailkeeper is a very powerful role on one scum standing.

-Aether
yessss steal my intellectual idea!!! jk but that was my thought process before. we can also have everyone do no night action that or do circular save
Hmm no offense but I don't think I stealer anyone idea. Dividing us on 2 groups of 4 was always the plan I was hinting on, from what I understood your idea was for docs to target each other or for to form groups 5that target each other. My plan is two groups that alternate on protecting the nurse and targeting a common suspect.

-Aether
There are too many killing doctors to make targeting the nurse with half the playerlist a good idea IMO
I believe you're mistaken. Pick any 3 doctors or more and see for yourself that their abilities together targeting a single person never kill them and most of the time protects them against a NK.

-Aether
I guess it depends on night action order, right?

Like if doctor/cpr doctor/quack all target someone does the cpr doctor see that no one is being killed and acts as a killing power, except the doctor's saving power lingers?

Because if it works like that I agree with you
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Abnegation »

i just asked the mod that exact question. so we'll see.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Vanderscamp »

In post 100, Tabibitos wrote:
In post 96, Vanderscamp wrote:Has anyone played this set before?

According to the wiki this has 9 town wins and 3 scum wins, there must be something good in one of those previous games that we can aim to replicate
The last set ran without any grand scheme, and they almost lost because night actions were chaotic. They also asked themselves that.

I don't want to seem like I'm bragging, but there's been multiple games that I've helped town to come up with an unusual but effective mech strategy, like for example in TM 2021 Black Flag, S_S Beetle Micro and my most recent completed game. If my plan has a flaw I would like you to explain it harder than dismiss without seriously considering. I spent my afternoon typing this.

- Aether
I don't want to dismiss your plan, depending on how the actions work I think it's good, I'm just wondering if there's something that's already been in place that is the reason for the high town winrate.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 101, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 42, Abnegation wrote:how does our jk become a cop if they don’t know they’re the jk?
By dividing ourselves in two groups. We don't need to know who is the jailkeeper, we would just need to get a no NK night with one scum remaining. Even if they do no night kill to falsely incriminate someone, it's not as good as it may look in the paper because we can gain extra eliminations if they keep no night killing.

-Aether
yessss steal my intellectual idea!!! jk but that was my thought process before. we can also have everyone do no night action that or do circular save
Hmm no offense but I don't think I stealer anyone idea. Dividing us on 2 groups of 4 was always the plan I was hinting on, from what I understood your idea was for docs to target each other or for to form groups 5that target each other. My plan is two groups that alternate on protecting the nurse and targeting a common suspect.

-Aether
There are too many killing doctors to make targeting the nurse with half the playerlist a good idea IMO
I believe you're mistaken. Pick any 3 doctors or more and see for yourself that their abilities together targeting a single person never kill them and most of the time protects them against a NK.

-Aether

Like if doctor/cpr doctor/quack all target someone does the cpr doctor see that no one is being killed and acts as a killing power, except the doctor's saving power lingers?

Well I did assume it works but that's probably a good question to ask the mod.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:49 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

-Aether

-Aether

-Aether

that's a good point. this reasoning only rlly comes from town pov.

i would assume night action order is random with killing last since they are all doctors.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:51 am

Post by Tabibitos »

In post 104, Shirou wrote:

-Aether

-Aether

-Aether

I'm pissed at myself for messing up so much in playing as a hydra....sorry you all.

@Aether
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:54 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 106, Tabibitos wrote:
In post 104, Shirou wrote:

-Aether

-Aether

-Aether

I'm pissed at myself for messing up so much in playing as a hydra....sorry you all.

@Aether
i will look at ur mechsolve more in detail once im done with the day
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Pavowski
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Pavowski
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Pavowski »

The CPR doctor's action will always resolve LAST when a player is targeted by multiple night actions.

I am adding this note to the rule set.
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

Hmm...in that case the CPR actually messes so much with targeting as a group, I am actually heartbroken I wasted my afternoon on this. When you want the doctor CRP to do one thing in a group of actions it will probably do the opposite. Maybe it's really better to for everyone to target someone different...

@Aether
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:31 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

No actually, I think everyone targetting someone different can lead to such bad results that maybe putting 6 people on the group A to guarantee Nurse is protected even with CPR shenanigans and Nurse plus one person each target someone different may still be optimal, it just sounds way less fun than the original idea.

With this new one we could get info on at least one player role though.
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

Hmm...no wait, maybe we can do with five on group A, which is interesting. Back to the mental workshop.
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:34 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

Just assume any mech posts are mine tbh
@Aether
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

Nah, it needs to be six in group A then to guarantee Nurse is protected. With five we can know there's confirmed scum in the group but knowing there's one scum in 5 people on a micro isn't very useful. With six at least we would know that both scum are in the group and have one extra conftown.

@Aether
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

I'm considering if the Nurse dies in the above. If Nurse dies with 6 in a group targeting her, the group less player is confirmed town.
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

I suppose if we consider no eliminating we can do some fun plans but I'm not sure people would want that

@Aether
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 110, Tabibitos wrote:No actually, I think everyone targetting someone different can lead to such bad results that maybe putting 6 people on the group A to guarantee Nurse is protected even with CPR shenanigans and Nurse plus one person each target someone different may still be optimal, it just sounds way less fun than the original idea.

why cant we set up fake mason pairs and have those pairs target each other.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 109, Tabibitos wrote:Hmm...in that case the CPR actually messes so much with targeting as a group, I am actually heartbroken I wasted my afternoon on this. When you want the doctor CRP to do one thing in a group of actions it will probably do the opposite. Maybe it's really better to for everyone to target someone different...

@Aether
it was gonna mess up anyways because of quack doctor iirc
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:52 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

Personally I think no elimination and trying to mostly win this game with convulated night actions sounds more fun but I would probably be in the minority on that.

@Aether
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 118, Tabibitos wrote:convulated
then whats the point of ur recent statements? u are contradicting unless im mistaking u for something else.
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by Abnegation »

i'm down for a no-lim plan if it helps us win.
currently doing my own math/mechsolving but idk how long that'll take me.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 120, Abnegation wrote:i'm down for a no-lim plan if it helps us win.
that's not what aether said lol.

they said that no lim would lead us to needing to solve based on the complex order of night actions versuses not having a discrete strategy. so it won't "really help us"

this is in contradiction of aether previously discussed in terms saying that we should mechsolve and be more instrinctic.
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

In post 116, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 110, Tabibitos wrote:No actually, I think everyone targetting someone different can lead to such bad results that maybe putting 6 people on the group A to guarantee Nurse is protected even with CPR shenanigans and Nurse plus one person each target someone different may still be optimal, it just sounds way less fun than the original idea.

I guess we could? Protecting the Nurse is expensive so I'm ok if we want to do something else. I think Nurse should still claim though
In post 117, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 109, Tabibitos wrote:Hmm...in that case the CPR actually messes so much with targeting as a group, I am actually heartbroken I wasted my afternoon on this. When you want the doctor CRP to do one thing in a group of actions it will probably do the opposite. Maybe it's really better to for everyone to target someone different...

@Aether
I don't see how quack is the problem really, it's mostly the CPR being unpredictable so it's hard to guarantee something will always work on a given way with him around.
Tabibitos
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Tabibitos
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by Tabibitos »

In post 121, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 120, Abnegation wrote:i'm down for a no-lim plan if it helps us win.
that's not what aether said lol.

they said that no lim would lead us to needing to solve based on the complex order of night actions versuses not having a discrete strategy. so it won't "really help us"

this is in contradiction of aether previously discussed in terms saying that we should mechsolve and be more instrinctic.
No it is what I meant. Maybe I chose poor words, English isn't my first language. What I meant is that we maybe we want to no eliminate and have a mech plan on the first days, get info and then consider eliminating/voting

@Aether
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 122, Tabibitos wrote:
In post 116, GrandpaMo wrote:

I guess we could? Protecting the Nurse is expensive so I'm ok if we want to do something else. I think Nurse should still claim though
In post 117, GrandpaMo wrote:

@Aether
I don't see how quack is the problem really, it's mostly the CPR being unpredictable so it's hard to guarantee something will always work on a given way with him around.
i agree on nurse should claim.

and the only reason im saying quack could be a problem because of its negative utility if used . CPR can just not use their night action unless they are 100% sure. there will be a doc on nurse and CPR shouldn't go for it because mafia will liekly dismiss the nurse claim and go for someone else.

quack is only good if they are paired with mafia

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”