Mini 1478 ~ Mafia Xenologue (Game Over!)

Purpkin
Purpkin
Goon
Purpkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:18 pm

Post by Purpkin »

In post 1022, Jabberwock wrote:
In post 1021, Purpkin wrote:I have serious, serious doubt that Daemon and Saki are on a team together because of their play D2
?
I meant to say DTM and Saki
Purpkin
Purpkin
Goon
Purpkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Purpkin »

In post 1021, Purpkin wrote:Jabberwock is clearly, clearly town. all their posts today, and yesterday, and even D1 have alot of pro-town attitude in them. I was unsure earlier, but today has been their best day I think and the fact that they are keeping the day open as long as possible so that we can speak to OT as much as possible reminds me of Tierce's and Vi's attitude in Paradox, specifically the part where we all got thrown back to D1.
to elaborate on the "unsure" side of what mara just posted since I think it mostly comes from me, I was pretty wary of the fact that Jabberwock was continuously all "yeah prohawk makes great scum sure A++ vote would backseat drive again" but clearly has no intention of hopping on that wagon like ever.

I guess I'm disappointed in the lack of any intention of compromise especially as the day goes on and 3 slots have been pretty locked into that vote. I don't have the Tierce meta that mara does, however, so I am willing to defer on that front especially since I can't point to any one slot and be like "yep that's 90% town right there" which I usually have at least 1 or 2 of.

Still, I have no idea what LLD is doing with the "hey maybe jabberwock guys ?" nudge and I see no real viable trajectory with it - you're not gonna get sheep on it today and I think you're gonna get either "nope town" or "maybe but tomorrow" from both alignments which just makes me wonder why you didn't just ask for reads on jabberwock instead of suggesting maybe they ought to be the lynch right now when it clearly lacks momentum and you don't seem to want to create any. It's confusing more than anything.

p-edit: jabberwock pretty much exactly made this exact last point i see
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1017, Purpkin wrote:You're going to have to AtE me a whole lot harder
This wasn't for you moron, it was for the rest of the town to dwell on when I am dead. Your PoE is dumb when you have been swindled by "town" play, as if competent scum can't mirror it.
they would just keep Oil talking to them on the down-low I would think.
When Oil's reads are crap and they absolutely know it because they are scum? Keep dreaming.

FTR, Death-Tunneling is not a scum-tell.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Post by Jabberwock »

Purpkin wrote:
In post 1021, Purpkin wrote:Jabberwock is clearly, clearly town. all their posts today, and yesterday, and even D1 have alot of pro-town attitude in them. I was unsure earlier, but today has been their best day I think and the fact that they are keeping the day open as long as possible so that we can speak to OT as much as possible reminds me of Tierce's and Vi's attitude in Paradox, specifically the part where we all got thrown back to D1.
to elaborate on the "unsure" side of what mara just posted since I think it mostly comes from me, I was pretty wary of the fact that Jabberwock was continuously all "yeah prohawk makes great scum sure A++ vote would backseat drive again" but clearly has no intention of hopping on that wagon like ever.

I guess I'm disappointed in the lack of any intention of compromise especially as the day goes on and 3 slots have been pretty locked into that vote. I don't have the Tierce meta that mara does, however, so I am willing to defer on that front especially since I can't point to any one slot and be like "yep that's 90% town right there" which I usually have at least 1 or 2 of.

Still, I have no idea what LLD is doing with the "hey maybe jabberwock guys ?" nudge and I see no real viable trajectory with it - you're not gonna get sheep on it today and I think you're gonna get either "nope town" or "maybe but tomorrow" from both alignments which just makes me wonder why you didn't just ask for reads on jabberwock instead of suggesting maybe they ought to be the lynch right now when it clearly lacks momentum and you don't seem to want to create any. It's confusing more than anything.

Uhm, I thought it was pretty obvious that we will vote ProHawk. We're just waiting to see if People Who Are Actually Playing This Game Are Done With This Day, because it's five to lynch and he's at L-2. Need I remind you of what happened D1 and what happened D2 while we weren't online? Yeah,
that
Purpkin
Purpkin
Goon
Purpkin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:23 pm

Post by Purpkin »

That sentiment was more oriented at day 2
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:25 pm

Post by Jabberwock »

Other head just told me he wants content from Andrius and DTMaster and I agree. I don't care if you're at Edmeeton, make some time or replace out. Vi doesn't make adjustments or allowances for V/LA, so either shape up or make space for People Who Actually Want To Play The Game.

...We wanted Saki lynched D2. Then you went and quicklynched our strongest Townread. When did we have an opportunity to compromise? Oh right, when we weren't even online and you were going after Sakura and she caved under pressure.

Yes, still bitter.
Jabberwock
Jabberwock
Goon
Jabberwock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 pm

Post by Jabberwock »

In post 1030, Jabberwock wrote:Other head just told me he wants content from Andrius and DTMaster and I agree.
That is, before the end of this Day.

*twiddles claws*
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Also content from Daemon.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:28 pm

Post by ProHawk »

I literally outlined point by point that the arguments about me are NOT REAL ARGUMENTS. Ironic that people are saying I am death-tunneling on Morph when there is
more than enough
scum-motivation to their posts and people are death-tunneling me. Just look at the votes and how many have moved this day. Pretty freaking hypocritical.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Post by ProHawk »

In post 1021, Purpkin wrote:The fact that you have us as town, yet won't trust our read on him when WE HAVE A QT WITH THEM, THUS HAVE A CLOSER LOOK INTO THEIR MINDS THAN MOST OF YOU is strange
This camaraderie type of mentality is what is going to lose this game for town. I don't trust your reads when the evidence I have gathered speaks to the contrary when your read is based solely on your QT interaction. Even if you were confirmed town, it doesn't mean you are right. Just look at Oil Tycoons.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Saki »

Hey guys
this thread exists
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:13 am

Post by ProHawk »

When I post everyone shuts up.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:14 am

Post by Saki »

Ehh people should be getting online now.

I hope.
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:26 am

Post by ProHawk »

So you gonna vote for me Saki?
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Saki »

In post 1038, ProHawk wrote:So you gonna vote for me Saki?
I already said I wanted wondercritter stew
retired
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:48 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1026, Purpkin wrote:

Alllllllllllright if I HAVE to.

Let's go back in time to yesterday. I'm pushing the Sakura lynch, convincing DDD to hammer that shit. Blood pact is a GO.

DDD DOES hammer it... except for one thing. Saki had unvoted not minutes before and ninja'd the hammer. Apparently a sudden revelation about how he felt Sakura would play. I didn't think it applied (still don't) but that's not the important part.

The important part is the intent behind unvoting there.

From a Saki!scum perspective, what intent could he have? He would have known Sakura was a mislynch, so it's in his best interests to watch her die. And the argument for potential whiteknighting to gain town cred doesn't fly because Saki has no cred to use to save Sakura from the blood pact lynch.

The only REMAINING logic is that Saki wanted off the wagon to deflect pressure from himself when Sakura flipped town. Except jumping off the wagon at the end of the day only increases attention on you, not the other way around.

Infact, if you want definitive evidence of Saki!town, look no further than that unvote + the DDD kill.

So, how does this affect Wondercritter, you might ask? WELL I'M GLAD YOU DID.

See, here's on the the things about being a Hydra. You can't claim that you're tunneling on a read because you have a partner to keep you from doing that. Plus, Tierce and Empire have shown themselves to me to be incredibly logical players. Not exactly the type I expect to be prone to tunneling (if you want a type who is prone to accidentally tunnel as town, look no further than me.)

So what does this mean from an intent point of view? Well, one of two things.

Either a) Both Empire and Tierce have become so engrossed in their Saki!scum read that their entire perspective on the game has gone down the shitter, and we shouldn't be trusting their reads, or b) they're scum utilizing the inherent scummyness of how Saki plays and talk to further their own goals. (See: Ok I can lynch Prohawk, but I want to kill Saki too!)

And you might say, but LLD, if that's the case why does Tierce and Co want to have more discussion? Wouldn't that hurt them as scum?

Well, my dear fellows, I would like you to look at the big blue time bomb in our face, and ask me that question again.

Jabberwock is scum of some flavor. We have no indication so far that there is a third party role in this game (though that doesn't mean there isn't), but I'm fairly certain that I want me some Jabberwock stew.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:55 am

btw before you ask, it's not about being wrong it's about HOW you're wrong. I was wrong about Sakura, doesn't make me scum. It's about how Jabberwock is wrong and how they're playing it.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by Andrius »

I am here, and will get to this right after I finish my catchup in another game.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Vi »

~Vote Count XXV:
Chrom (courtesy of Frederick)

:right: ProHawk (3) ~ morph the cat, morph the cat, Purpkin
morph the cat (1) ~ ProHawk
Andrius (1) ~ DTMaster

Not Voting:
Andrius, Daemon385, Lady Lambdadelta, Jabberwock, Saki

-Daemon385 is being prodded...

--With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(44%)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by ProHawk »

LLD, why are you not voting for Jabberwock?
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:00 am

Post by ProHawk »

For those of you who are town, by not trying to figure things out, you are thereby allowing scum to do the same and blend in. Quit being lazy!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:55 am

Cause I'm a cat and I does what I wants.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:02 am

Post by ProHawk »

Obviously
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:16 am

Post by morph the cat »

So my big brother nacho finally got his ass in gear.

He calls this his “I wanna fucking see some red” plan.

Why morph the cat is town:
~Cabd’s push on tippy is something that is not scum motivated, and something that Cabd wouldn’t do as scum because it makes his cred go die in a shithole that’s on fire. It fucks everything up for this hypothetical cabdscum for no good reason.
~The notion that Purpkin was also scumreading TIP shows he didn’t just pull it out of his ass, either.
~Nacho notes that the above arguments should be fucking unnecessary already, though.

Why Jabberwocky is town:
~Tierce telling nats to STFU in post 34 was obvtown.
~The paranoia from worrying about giving more info to scum was super genuine
~If anyone has any pride in their towngame, it’s these two.
~Empire’s scumgame is blindingly obvious, if anything OT would be the hidden hydra of scum, and they’re dead flippedtown, soooooo
~The reachout in post 50 is sooo town motived. Tierce would get a free mislynch but instead asks cabd if he’s sure and offers a chance for cabd to throw on the brakes.
~Her endorsing the wagon of TiP after re-assuring herself is town as fuck.

Why LLD is town:
~Holding back on murdering tip’s scumfuckery is pretty damn town. She had every excuse in the world to lynch him into the ground.
~The bloodlust is town bloodlust, not bloodlust in general.

Also, he wants me to relay that this is a WIP and please for the love of god somebody please get in here and talk to him thru me.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Andrius »

I'm taking a break from reading since Xenogears was a lot but I'll be here round dinner.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”