Mini 1486: Fruit Basket Mafia (Game Over)

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:49 am

Post by don_johnson »

zMuffinMan wrote:point to one thing in either VA's or pdmedic's ISO that you think could be construed as a PR crumb or would lead me or my predecessor to think, "you know what would be a good idea? killing useless lynchbait because he's a threat to my wincon!"
the fact that you keep revolving this around
you
and what
you
would do is uber scummy. no one is saying anything about
you
and what choice
you
would make. we're discussing possibilities. you are eliminating a possibility based on what you would do as scum, which is self centered scummy thinking, ignorant problem solving, or incompetent play at best.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:02 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

you don't know what scummy means if you think that's scummy
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:06 am

Post by don_johnson »

closing yourself off to possibilities based solely on proving
yourself
innocent, is scummy.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:07 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

by your logic, talking about how you thought slandaar was a doc and how the kill makes sense based on that, and talking about how it's so very unlikely that a recruit didn't happen (either accidentally or on purpose) and then hunting for scum on that basis, isn't at all ignorant, scummy thinking, no?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:12 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

like you've already practically closed off your mind to the possibility that VA wasn't recruited to the point that you're hunting for scum on the basis that VA was recruited (as evidenced by your abominable attack on me).

you have no ground to stand on if your argument is that being close-minded is scummy. you lost all credit before you started.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

i'm following the evidence. two nights with no nk suggests that traitor was inducted whether it was on purpose or not. that's the funny thing about evidence. when you are close minded, you ignore evidence. but whatevz.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:30 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

actually think about what you've said today.

you've basically ruled out the possibility that scum missed a kill (whether intentionally or unintentionally) and given the amount of inactive players in this game so far,
it's not that unlikely that scum could have missed a kill unintentionally
. then you ruled out the possibility that two kills were protected against (because yeah, magic logic makes this less likely than a recruit). and then you started hunting scum based on VA interactions (like how i supposedly "danced" around the VA wagon).

you know what else you did today? suggested that kid A was trying to set up lynches after bussing his buddy. hey, wanna know what you did yesterday? you tried to set up a lynch on kid A as "number three" while voting VA.

wanna know what's
actually
self-centred? suggesting we lynch someone to see if you're right...

you know what's borderline retarded logic? suggesting kid A votes himself because him flipping town would somehow "bolster" his thinking (because yeah, being town totally means a person is correct, right?) is that scummy thinking or just dumb town thinking, dj? you're the expert on scumminess, you tell me.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:42 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

the funnier thing about this conversation is you talking about how the way i interacted with VA was scummy, me saying nah that makes no sense because that's not how i'd play as scum, and you thinking it's scummy for me to point this out.

yeah, i'm happy just ignoring you until this game ends, actually.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:02 am

Post by T S O »

Look don, trust me. Muffin is town.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:35 am

Post by don_johnson »

I think muffin is town, too. just dumb.
zMuffinMan wrote:actually think about what you've said today.

you've basically ruled out the possibility that scum missed a kill (whether intentionally or unintentionally)
most mods randomize actions if a missed kill is due to inactivity. assuming scum is playing poorly is a bad use of ytime.
muffin wrote:then you ruled out the possibility that two kills were protected against (because yeah, magic logic makes this less likely than a recruit).
because two successful doc protects in a row is less likely imo, than one success from each side of the ball.
muffin wrote: and then you started hunting scum based on VA interactions (like how i supposedly "danced" around the VA wagon).
I've been hunting scum from all angles, thank you. i'm not going to ignore the possibility that VA was recruited.
muffin wrote:you know what else you did today? suggested that kid A was trying to set up lynches after bussing his buddy. hey, wanna know what you did yesterday? you tried to set up a lynch on kid A as "number three" while voting VA.
cause the evidence suggested it. in fact, YOU FUCKING AGREED WITH IT.

muffin wrote:wanna know what's
actually
self-centred? suggesting we lynch someone to see if you're right...
um, you know this is mafiascum, right? lynching people to see if you're right is kind of how you play the game.
muffin wrote:you know what's borderline retarded logic? suggesting kid A votes himself because him flipping town would somehow "bolster" his thinking (because yeah, being town totally means a person is correct, right?) is that scummy thinking or just dumb town thinking, dj? you're the expert on scumminess, you tell me.
again, you missed the point entirely by either not reading my post or deliberately ignoring my post. the point was not to get kidA to self vote, it was to show his self preservation is on high alert. but go on being smart.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:31 am

Post by Desperado »

I don't think mnem is scum but at this stage of the game I also don't intend to be very picky. I looked at his ISO quickly for a claim and didn't see one--I'd like to now.
Peabody
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Peabody
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Peabody »

Desp,

Why don't you think mnem is scum? Did you find anything in his ISO to suggest otherwise?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:34 am

Post by Desperado »

Elyse is the last scum.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 1044, zMuffinMan wrote:@mnem,

well it was a few posts, but it was more me rereading and thinking about things. i was going over ISOs.

the thing i did like about your ISO and the main reason i was giving you credit for being town, is that i wasn't sure whether you as scum would choose to attack slandaar in the way you did. because slandaar just seems like an odd choice of target to attack if you're scum. but then i thought about it a little more and your attack on slandaar makes absolutely no sense given your supposed reads at the time. D1 you had him as a very strong town read (the first listed among your two strongest town reads) and with little to no explanation you suddenly were "most unsure" about him of all the players and decided to ISO him first when doing ISOs (i'm not even sure if you did any other ISOs). nothing happened between D1 and D2 that should have changed your read on slandaar that drastically, and if anything your town read on him should have been strengthened after lucky's flip.

another thing i didn't like is your read progression on kid A. even just today you go from thinking his posts look genuine and not being able to see him as scum, to thinking he's null and worth a vote. why would you even vote a null read whose posts you think are "genuine"? why is someone whose posts you think are genuine even null?

there's also minor things here and there i didn't like. for example, the rolefishing stuff (docs + "there aren't any masons in this game, are there...?") and i agree with peabody's point about your initial post today - it did look like a variant of congratulating the doc.

@dj,

i'm gonna be straight up with you. even if i were scum and i
did
think saki was a traitor, and even if i
did
think recruiting a traitor was a worthwhile use of a NK (hint: i don't), i cannot think of a scenario where i would willingly shoot saki in an attempt to recruit him. that wasn't me misunderstanding anything, that was me thinking a saki recruit is ludicrous.
Thanks for your thoughts.However:
1. As for slandaar, I had re-read his ISO because I had felt like it, just because he had the most posts (and I think the most content), and while I did, I became unsure of his townieness. Then I decided to do a PBP analysis to finalize my thoughts on him.
2.The thing is, Kid A is the only one that had more than one vote (at that time), and one of the two wagons that town was willing to lynch (me being the other one, which I wouldn't want dead for obvious reasons). Because of that, my vote on Kid A
3. I am sorry if I said that the doctor did a good job. I don't understand how that is scummy.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

In post 1047, zMuffinMan wrote:
dj wrote:I have said many times now that the recruitment may very well not have been deliberate.
then you're an idiot.
DJ has a point here. There are multiple variations of the traitor (wiki it if you don't believe me) Even some where the traitor is in from the beginning.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Eh, why not:
Claim: Vanilla townie
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:45 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

why did you think Slandaar was town D1?

also i remember you claiming that you ISO'd him first because you were most unsure about him, so what exactly was it that made you unsure about him?

your response to the kid A stuff didn't really answer any of the questions i asked there. why would you even vote a null read whose posts you think are "genuine" - as in, there's plenty of time in the day phase, why not push someone you actually think is scum? why is someone whose posts you think are genuine even null?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 375, mnemonicdevice wrote:Slandaar: You were the person that I was the most unsure about. Well, except for the inactives, but what posts was I going to base that on?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 254, mnemonicdevice wrote:TOWN
Slandar
Desp

Null-TOWN
Stubs
Kid A
Buffy

Null
Stubbs
Alexcellent
Medic

Null-Scum
Gee Gee
Kang
Fish

Scum
Lucky
Elyse
granted this reads list is from D1 and it might have changed, but you were most unsure about slandaar?
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:31 am

Post by Desperado »

Unvote
Vote: mnemonicdevice
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:49 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

mnemonicdevice has been lynched! He was a
Mafia Goon
!

Fruit Basket mafia has ended in a very close, hotly contested
Town
victory!

Spoiler: Full setup
http://adv-random-gen.sourceforge.net/r ... =Gee%20Gee

Buffy VS Dracula:
VT

Desperado:
VT

Formerfish:
VT

zMuffinMan:
VT

TSO:
VT

don_johnson:
VT

Elyse:
Innocent Child

Kid A:
Even-Night Jailkeeper

Peabody:
1-shot Cop

Slandaar:
CultWatch Administrator
(Named Townie)
Viera Assassin:
Mafia Traitor
Lucky2u:
King of Hell
Mafia Role Cop

mnemonicdevice:
Mafia Goon

Spoiler: Night Actions
D1-
Lucky2u was lynched.

n1-
Mafia killed no one.
UberKang invested Buffy VS Dracula as not guilty.

d2-
Formerfish was lynched.

n2-
Mafia killed Peabody.
Kid A jailed Peabody.
Peabody attempted to search for cookies, but was role blocked.

d3-
Viera Assassin was lynched.

n3-
Mafia killed Slandaar.
Peabody invested the Votecounts as not containing humor.

d4-
mnemonicdevice was lynched.

Spoiler: Role PMs
Welcome to the fruit basket, PLAYERNAME!

You are a Vanilla Town.

You have no abilities.

You win when all opponents of the the town are destroyed.

You are a CultWatch Administrator.

You keep tabs on all potential cultists.

You know that there are no cultists in the town.

You are an Even-Night Jailkeeper.

Every even numbered night, you can choose to lock one person in your jail cell.

They will be roleblocked and protected from all attacks.

You are an Innocent Child.

You are an innocent little boy/girl who is certainly town aligned.

You may PM me at any time to have me publicly confirm your alignment.

You are a One-Shot Sane Town Cop.

One time, you can choose a person at night to investigate, and will get a result of 'guilty' or 'not guilty' or 'no result.

You are a Mafia Goon. You and your partner PLAYERNAM2 are conspiring to take over the town.

You can talk to each other at night to discuss who you will kill together.

You win when you are the only ones left alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

You are a Mafia Role Cop. You and your partner PLAYERNAM2 are conspiring to take over the town.

You can talk to each other at night to discuss who you will kill together.

In addition, you can choose one person to investigate and receive the role name of your target

You win when you are the only ones left alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

You are a Mafia Traitor.

PLAYERNAME2 and PLAYERNAME3 are your associates. You must work with them to subvert the town.

They do not know who you are, but if they attempt to kill you nothing will happen.

If both of them die, you will be forced to take matters into your own hands and gain a night kill.

Congratulations to
Town
on their victory!

Dead topic: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/2TvXthbErJwww
Mafia topic was unused.

That was my first game as moderator, so any advice anyone cares to give me would be much appreciated.
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:23 am

Post by T S O »

we raped ass lol
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:29 am

Post by Desperado »

In post 1070, RadiantCowbells wrote:Mafia topic was unused.
You don't say.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:39 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:47 am

Post by Elyse »

YAYYYY

Sorry Desp.

If mnemonic flipped town I was going to go 1v1 with you and then come out as innocent child if I was going to get lynched.

Luckily it didn't come down to that :wink:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”