Micro 181: Everyone's being watched (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zionite
Zionite
Goon
Zionite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 5:06 am

Post by Zionite »

Might as well get rid of the comma too since we're rewriting what you've said entirely. :roll:
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 5:08 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 123, Zionite wrote:Grim explained it pretty well; there's no way I can defend against an interpretive argument. I can deny it, but I can't prove it wrong because it's subjective. It's awfully convenient for DBK.
I still don't like how the details promised with his vote didn't actually exist; he was going to leave it there regardless of my response.
Except in my catch-up post, I explain why certain posts by you were bad. Soooooo the details are there. And I've checked, I'm pretty sure my points against you aren't about overreacting to things.

If you want, open a tab, pull up your own ISO, and follow along with my catch-up post to see exactly which posts of yours I outline, if that makes it any easier.
---
BTW, before we get any further, of course points are going to be "subjective" or "interpretive" when you play Mafia. Anyone that thinks they can make an "objective" argument without knowing the other player's alignment is just kidding themselves. It all just depends on the certain situation the players are in. So sometimes overreacting is a scumtell in certain situations. Sometimes it isn't. It's why we can't catch scum every day.
---
And my point was, that I don't like trying to read Rach because she normally likes to make pointless points as either alignment, from what I remember.

However, I read this again:
In post 99, RachMarie wrote:If anyone hammers right now without doing INTENT and giving you time to respond claim and so on, Zionite, then we would definitely be looking at him or her hardcore on D 2.
On page 5, I highly,
highly
doubt scum would derphammer Zionite if Zionite flipped scum, so therefore I'd highly doubt the derphammer-er would be looked at hardcore.

So I'm basically throwing Rach in the scum pile instead of the null one now, because there's no reason a derphammer at this point would have us looking that hard at the derphammer-er unless Zionite flipped town.
Town: 11-12; Scum: 10-4; Third-party 1-0
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 5:15 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Also, to add to the point of my last post: If Zionite flips scum, then Rach is probably town.

And as much as it's going to make Mala happy, yeah, if Zionite were derphammered at this point and he flipped town, Rach would be a little more suspicious to me. More suspicious than Mala would be.
In post 125, Zionite wrote:Might as well get rid of the comma too since we're rewriting what you've said entirely. :roll:
Yeah, you're right, the comma shouldn't have gone before "than," and I'm sorry for that.

Except I'm pretty sure that in context, the thing I "rewrote entirely" would make more sense coming right after, "That's all gut, though. In fact..." because that introduction shows doubt in my belief.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

@Wisdom: Is Horus still your top scumread. If not, who is your top scumread, and could you give some reasons why?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 6:30 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 121, Does Bo Know wrote:So

I'm using fakeness and freakishness as a scum tell? Can you tell me where I did that?

Also, mind summarizing what you don't like about it? Considering you got irritated when I didn't deliver details immediately (oh look more hypocrisy), I think I get the right to ask this question.
More hypocrisy? Where was I hypocritical before?
And I disagree with it being hypocritical, because I'm not guilty of the charges that I used against you: seemingly rushing towards an L-1 with no real arguments to back that up. What I did was place a promise I would respond to your catch-up post. As I had little time, and obviously needed time to respond to it in an exhaustive manner (given all the references it's also difficult to reply within the reply box, and instead I have to go re-check what exactly you're referring to following the links in another tab, you're not making this very player-friendly), I just thought you'd like the placeholder promise as a token of appreciation for your efforts.

Also note that at the time of this post:
In post 100, Grimgroove wrote:
In post 93, Does Bo Know wrote:Actually, I don't know why you're bothered, so let me ask this:

Why does it matter if I rushed to vote you without detailing my reads yet?
Because for all we know you don't have any reads and you're hoping a derphammer will fall? For someone who supposedly just "skimmed" through the topic you seem awfully quick to put someone on the border of a ravine , or it must be that you have very compelling arguments. But seeing how you didn't share those, I guess you don't have any.

I think it's the scummiest thing to happen so far in this topic (closely followed by Wisdom ignoring my questions).

Therefore:
VOTE: Does Bo Know
you already had ample time to actually provide reasons or, as you would put it, a summary of them. You posted several times between your L-1-vote and my accusation and didn't hint at any reasons once. (posts , and ) I did not have this opportunity in time nor in amount of posts when you made your little snide comment. Couple this to the fact that you stated yourself that you only "skimmed" through the topic (illustrating how lightly you went over it at the time of placing your vote, in essence making your catch-up post a justification after the fact that might as well not have been present at the Original posting time) and the promise to add details but didn't up until and beyond the time I put my vote on you, and I'd say the instances are not comparable at all.

As far as your first question is concerned, allow me to go into further detail here below. But I must admit that given your initial lack of arguments, it was an assumption of mine that while "skimming" through the topic you simply agreed with what had been said by others instead of developing your own, possibly not giving enough credit to arguments you put forward later on.

In post 116, Does Bo Know wrote:Soooo I lied. I’m doing this catch-up post style, with reads at the end. Feel free to ask questions about those reads if you don’t understand them.

Fuzzy’s right after Horus’s seems off.
Agreed. Note this is negative statement 1 about Fuzzy (will be keeping count).

...that doesn’t look like scum hopping on a wagon yet but okay.
"But okay" meaning you condone votes for false reasons? Miss Destroyer Negative 1

is bad. Horus is asking the first serious question of the game and Zionite tries to shoot it down. Horus’s vote doesn’t look over-justified at all.
Zionite Negative 1

also disagree. Horus doesn’t look like he’s overreacting.
Why do you think fuzzy chooses to interpret it this way? Assuming this is a negative statement, this puts Fuzzy at 2

: He’s not flailing. Jesus.
Zionite: 2

: Wow, that was really quick.
Zionite: 3

: Eh. Wisdom normally asks questions like that, so I don’t agree with the vote.
Don't see how I could know what Wisdom normally asks, but the main point of that mainly RVS vote (at the time) was to show how easily his own argument can be used against him. Post postulates a universal wisdom, yet Wisdom decided to take it personally (despite the funny name coincidence). If there's any overreaction that can be demonstrated in this topic, it's this one. Grimgroove negative 1

and I agree with.
1 positive for fuzzybutternut (putting fuzzy at 1 negative) and 1 positive for Malakittens

Zionite misses Fuzzy’s point on this page. Fuzzy’s point is, that Zionite’s sole vote on a lurker will not make the lurker post more, as a sole vote isn’t very good pressure.

Is missing that point scummy? Is making the point townish? I also disagree with your synopsis of the discussion, post clearly shows fuzzybutternut turning a "vote on a lurker" into an "easy lynch". In my experience, they are not easy lynches. This entire discussion and the allegations contained in it are based on a false assumption. As far as the "vote a lurker" is concerned, the only thing actually taking place, I think that trying to activate people is a townish thing to do, no matter which method or whether or not it works. A vote is one of the most intuitive methods to do so within the set-up of maffia games.

looks like subtly accusing Fuzzy of being scum. Ugh.
Why is it a bad thing to accuse fuzzy? Negative for Zionite 4

Yeah, but is wrong actually. You can get more votes on a wagon without getting a lynch. Granted, a
sole
vote on a player will not apply the pressure he’s looking for, so I think it is a useless vote, but wagons =/= lynches.
Fail to see your point here. You're referring to a quote with a couple of dots under it, and I don't see how your comment relates to the quote. I'm assuming another negative for Zionite 5

: ^^^
Horus positive 1. But this is one of the instances where I don't necessarily agree. Nobody (except for RachMarie) knew me, and everyone reacts differently, even to single votes. A single vote tells you someone is noticing you, and this kind of attention does manage to garner reactions from time to time. If not immediately, defintely on the longer term. Zionite's priority was not to garner support for a wagon, but to get a reaction from me.

is a good catch-up. Pretty much follows my thought process.
Putting Grimgroove at 0 again.

: Dammit Fuzzy, you’re being stubborn. And I thought I had some sort of townread on you.
Despite fuzzy already being at minus 1 at this point, you claim to have a townread on him. Based on what? Anyway, this puts him at 2 negatives.

is more scummy scum-scum posting. He legitimately thinks that his vote on Grimgroove helped pressure him, when it didn’t. Literally, Grim’s posting wasn’t very affected by Zionite’s vote, and Grim got over the vote once he saw it was just because he was lurking. Then he unvotes when given an answer. Which is what I predicted would happen, but then he doesn’t place a vote anywhere, after thinking a sole vote on a player provides pressure? Ugh.
Zionite 6. Why is him thinking that his vote made a difference scummy? As town it's basically the only pressure tool you have, so it's quite a depressing thing to automatically assume it doesn't. In this case, you're right, it didn't, but I don't see the point of blaming him for trying and for believing in what he was trying to do.

: I don’t like this either. He ignores the vote on him, and instead posts something to Zionite. I feel like Wisdom could be ignoring it because he doesn’t want to “overreact” to Grim.
Wisdom negative 1. I agree and am still waiting for a response to all of my questions to Wisdom. He did not respond to any of them.

: Except Zionite is probably just pretending his activity is meaningful. So apparently that’s working to appease you, Grim.
How do you "pretend" meaningfulness? It is one of the things that is unpretendable, or if it is only on the short term. He's got me convinced with his constructive activity, just like you did yourself with your catch-up post. As long as he keeps it meaningful I see no point in lynching him, and if he's pretending we'll notice soon enough. I'd call this an interpretive opinion. Zionite 7

: Not going after Fuzzy because he feels it’ll draw more attention to him? Doing it after the wagon blows over? Scum scum.
That's not what that says. What do you think of the argument that he puts forward about leads not getting any traction when the main suspect is advertising it? Zionite 8

And again, don’t see why the rush with the vote is bad. It’s not like I hammered.
Why was it good?

: To prevent accidental quickhammers, I either
bold a statement
saying it’s L-1, or make an individual post that clearly states it’s L-1. Soooo if someone still does, it means they aren’t paying that close attention to the game. It’s also telling depending on whether the wagoned player flips scum or not.
Is someone not paying close attention to the game a neglectable risk? And how does the last sentence add up with the rest? What would be telling? Your L-1 vote? Or the hammer? Telling in what way? If the hammerer didn't pay attention as you assume it wouldn't be telling in his case.

UUUGGGHHHH I wanna call this a scum post but it’s Rach, and I can’t read her in any game well ever.
RachMarie 1

: Bad vote. Normally I’d be fine with that reason from a player that’s active (I was actually looking to draw attention with my L-1 vote), but from Grim, who’s first real game-related post also didn’t contain much explanation
because he was away
...I just don’t like that.
Grimgroove minus 1. How was I not active? You just complemented my first real-game related post in this very list.
Also, just for the sake of it, let's assume I was the perfect player in your eyes, obvtown and all that. Let's just pretend. Could you respond to the arguments instead of making false statements about the person making them?

Anyway, here’s why was bad to me: I was going to make details about it, but Mala didn’t think I was. Third player to say something about it, so it gives Mala an option to switch to me. When he says he likes where his vote is already, my gut tells me it could be scum staying on the bigger wagon, hoping a lynch could occur, and if Zionite’s lynch doesn’t happen, he can switch to me. And if the lynch does happen, and Zionite flips town, he can assume I’m scum based on that.
Mala back to 0. I agree with this statement.

That’s all gut, though. In fact, I’m more confident Mala is town if Zionite flips scum, and I am confident Mala is scum if Zionite flips town.
Why single them out as an evident "non-pair"?

: Fuzzy’s still VI here, but not scum to me yet. His town play usually consists of thinking he’s scumhunting. And here, he could be thinking he’s scumhunting, but it’s too early to tell. I feel like pursuing Fuzzy won’t be helpful right now.
When will it be? Fuzzy minus 3

I still like my Zionite vote.
Given this whole list is mainly a tunnel interspersed with occasional unconclusive comments on any other players I guess this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone.

In my next post after dinner (if Does Bo Know allows me), I'll do the math and show the arguments above and the list below doesn't really add up for everyone.

Town

Horus (actually attempts to get the game going quickly with questions)

Null
(haven’t posted enough for me to read them yet)
RachMarie
Miss Destroyer

Neutral
(have posted enough, but can’t determine alignment yet)
Mala (for the aforementioned 110 theory, would depend on Zionite’s flip.)
Fuzzy (from what I can tell, he isn’t scum right now. And that’s saying something, considering I read him as scum, like, all the time.)
Wisdom (his questions are Wisdom-like, but I can’t determine alignment based on his statements alone.)

Scum

Zionite (pretty sure I outlined this in my catch-up)
Grimgroove (only leaning, but still mentioning him in this pile)

Feel free to ask questions. I’m caught up now, so I should be more active for quite a while.
Zionite
Zionite
Goon
Zionite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 6:43 am

Post by Zionite »

So DBK's argument for me being scum, according to his catch up post, is that he disagrees with me over Horus' activity. I have a different opinion from his, so I'm scum. I also think my vote has the capability to be used for pressure which somehow makes me scum. The fact that I don't like defending and casing at the same time makes me scum (would like to see a reason why this is besides "scum scum").

Where is Miss Destroyer?
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:02 am

Post by Grimgroove »

The scores based on DBK's comments. I realize this method is not water-tight in order to prove certain inconsistencies (for instance: positive posts not being commented on by DBK but still counting in his assessment), but some things do strike me as odd enough to comment on:

Horus: +1
Malakittens: 0
Miss Destroyer: -1
RachMarie: -1
Grimgroove: -1
Fuzzybutternut: -3
Zionite: -8

Good thing: he commented on everyone.
Bad thing: The amount of attention was mainly directed towards Zionite (tunnel) and fuzzy (where something strange is going on). Some have not posted very often, in which case limited attention is justified (RachMArie and Miss Destroyer notably)
In post 116, Does Bo Know wrote:
Town

Horus (actually attempts to get the game going quickly with questions)
What makes his question different from other people's questions? I actually, like most people, agree that Horus is obvtowning his slot so far, but I'd like to see you state why exactly his contributions are more townie than others. It's not very clear from your post.

Null
(haven’t posted enough for me to read them yet)
Yet, for some people you seem to have based your opinion on them with only one post (eg: Wisdom's post , Mala's post and my post . Both RachMArie and Miss Destroyer made at least one controversial post according to you. Why not call them out on it?

RachMarie
Miss Destroyer

Neutral
(have posted enough, but can’t determine alignment yet)
In what sense have they posted enough then? If you can't get a read from them I guess they're somewhat lacking in content. What do you think of the fact they have posted a decent quantity, yet no substance to give you any read? Doesn't that strike you as odd? Why not?

Mala (for the aforementioned 110 theory, would depend on Zionite’s flip.)
Fuzzy (from what I can tell, he isn’t scum right now. And that’s saying something, considering I read him as scum, like, all the time.)
Based on what? He's on minus 3 according to your overview, why all the slack?

Wisdom (his questions are Wisdom-like, but I can’t determine alignment based on his statements alone.)
"on his statements alone"??? What else is there?

Scum

Zionite (pretty sure I outlined this in my catch-up)
As you can see I don't agree with any of the reasons, apart from his bad form towards Horus on page 2 (or was it 3?) in tandem with Wisdom, who is not in your scumreads despite only appearing negatively in your overview, and one null ("typical Wisdom questions", unless wisdom is typically town, this doesn't mean anything)

Grimgroove (only leaning, but still mentioning him in this pile)
I'll call it how I see it: OMGUS

Feel free to ask questions. I’m caught up now, so I should be more active for quite a while.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Grimgroove »

That said, I'm moving my vote.

VOTE: Wisdom

You're both equally big scumreads for me at the moment, but somehow I feel that by your active nature you will be digging your own grave eventually in case I'm right. In case I'm not at least I wouldn't have to feel bad about contributing to a lynch of someone who's actually trying to contribute. Just curious how your arguments will evolve.
Wisdom obviously needs to be called out if we want anything from him of substance.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

I'm typing up a response in a Word document.

But I'm just gonna say that using "points" to determine alignment in a point of view
that isn't yours
insults me.

PEdit: I'll be far from digging my own grave.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:09 am

Post by Grimgroove »

In post 133, Does Bo Know wrote:
But I'm just gonna say that using "points" to determine alignment in a point of view
that isn't yours
insults me.
What do you mean?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:16 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

You don't know how I quantify posts towards the scumminess of other players. You quantify them on
your
standards, and
not mine.
Grimgroove
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Grimgroove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 9:22 am

Post by Grimgroove »

That's a fair point and I aplogize if you were in fact insulted, but the point-system does mainly serve as an illustration and method to make it easier to get an overview, and is not the backbone of my remarks. Also, the fact that you mentioned the posts that you mention already hints at the fact that you deem them important enough to grant them at least the value of one point, so I'd say it's not entirely without value illustration-wise.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:43 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Spoiler: Responses to Grimgroove's Purple Haze
In post 116, Does Bo Know wrote:Fuzzy’s right after Horus’s seems off.
Agreed. Note this is negative statement 1 about Fuzzy (will be keeping count).

Wouldn't put a negative there. Also, Fuzzy does state later that a "town response" would be to ignore...something. I don't know exactly where, but it's in his ISO, and ignoring Horus's 22 could be his own interpretation of a "town response."

...that doesn’t look like scum hopping on a wagon yet but okay.
"But okay" meaning you condone votes for false reasons? Miss Destroyer Negative 1

I disagreed with the vote, but again, wouldn't put a negative there just because I disagreed

is bad. Horus is asking the first serious question of the game and Zionite tries to shoot it down. Horus’s vote doesn’t look over-justified at all.
Zionite Negative 1

This is one of Horus's questions that I liked because it got the game out of RVS, and it looked like it could give Fuzzy some pressure. Zionite looked scummy for it because it was indeed the only serious comment about the game thus far.

also disagree. Horus doesn’t look like he’s overreacting.
Why do you think fuzzy chooses to interpret it this way? Assuming this is a negative statement, this puts Fuzzy at 2

Note: Grim likes assuming I think people look scummy because I disagree with them.

: He’s not flailing. Jesus.
Zionite: 2

Refer to above

: Wow, that was really quick.
Zionite: 3

Meh, I guess this is sorta scummy, but not enough to give Zionite another scum point.

: Eh. Wisdom normally asks questions like that, so I don’t agree with the vote.
Don't see how I could know what Wisdom normally asks, but the main point of that mainly RVS vote (at the time) was to show how easily his own argument can be used against him. Post postulates a universal wisdom, yet Wisdom decided to take it personally (despite the funny name coincidence). If there's any overreaction that can be demonstrated in this topic, it's this one. Grimgroove negative 1

It's called a meta search. Wisdom literally has links to his meta in his signature. I'd also like to disagree because your vote shouldn't have been RVS if there was a reason for it, and it's certainly pretty late for you to come in with an RVS vote when so much had happened already. Also didn't think you were scummy for this.

and I agree with.
1 positive for fuzzybutternut (putting fuzzy at 1 negative) and 1 positive for Malakittens

It's some more positive points for agreeing with players? lolno.

Zionite misses Fuzzy’s point on this page. Fuzzy’s point is, that Zionite’s sole vote on a lurker will not make the lurker post more, as a sole vote isn’t very good pressure.

Is missing that point scummy? Is making the point townish? I also disagree with your synopsis of the discussion, post clearly shows fuzzybutternut turning a "vote on a lurker" into an "easy lynch". In my experience, they are not easy lynches. This entire discussion and the allegations contained in it are based on a false assumption. As far as the "vote a lurker" is concerned, the only thing actually taking place, I think that trying to activate people is a townish thing to do, no matter which method or whether or not it works. A vote is one of the most intuitive methods to do so within the set-up of maffia games.

THANK GOD you're actually realizing that
you don't know
whether things I say mean I call it townish or scummish. That also wasn't a synopsis of the entire discussion. I was just saying, that Zionite was misunderstanding something Fuzzy said. And I still agree that sole votes aren't that great of pressure. Sole votes have to happen of course, but Zionite was giving himself much more credit than he should have for voting you.

looks like subtly accusing Fuzzy of being scum. Ugh.
Why is it a bad thing to accuse fuzzy? Negative for Zionite 4

NO that's clearly not my point. He's
subtly
doing it, as opposed to
outright
doing it. Something I frown upon on players: if you clearly think someone is scummy, say it, instead of trying to beat around the bush. And it's also a problem because I haven't seen where Zionite could possibly consider Fuzzy scummy for scum in any of his posts thus far.

Yeah, but is wrong actually. You can get more votes on a wagon without getting a lynch. Granted, a
sole
vote on a player will not apply the pressure he’s looking for, so I think it is a useless vote, but wagons =/= lynches.
Fail to see your point here. You're referring to a quote with a couple of dots under it, and I don't see how your comment relates to the quote. I'm assuming another negative for Zionite 5

It wasn't just the post, but the argument about wagons not being the same as lynches. Just because someone has a wagon, doesn't mean that everyone on the wagon wants a lynch at that time. Wagons give more pressure (which is another reason why I put Zionite at L-1, but apparently Zionite hadn't reacted to that, so whatevs). But basically, this does
not
mean Zionite is scummy just because they disagree on game theory.

: ^^^
Horus positive 1. But this is one of the instances where I don't necessarily agree. Nobody (except for RachMarie) knew me, and everyone reacts differently, even to single votes. A single vote tells you someone is noticing you, and this kind of attention does manage to garner reactions from time to time. If not immediately, defintely on the longer term. Zionite's priority was not to garner support for a wagon, but to get a reaction from me.

My point here was that voting for a lurker will, most likely, not pressure the lurker to post any faster. Did Zionite's vote on you make you want to post what you wanted to say any faster? If not, then that's exactly my point: Zionite's vote on you wouldn't have made a difference, yet Zionite believes that he made a much bigger difference.

is a good catch-up. Pretty much follows my thought process.
Putting Grimgroove at 0 again.

Normally, yeah, I slightly town read people that follow my processes.

: Dammit Fuzzy, you’re being stubborn. And I thought I had some sort of townread on you.
Despite fuzzy already being at minus 1 at this point, you claim to have a townread on him. Based on what? Anyway, this puts him at 2 negatives.

Townread on Fuzzy because of his activity early in the game: Fuzzy is generally the type to try to scumhunt, no matter how stupid it looks. Later in the game, though, his scumhunting looks less and less prominent. This is exactly why points are stupid in the first place.

is more scummy scum-scum posting. He legitimately thinks that his vote on Grimgroove helped pressure him, when it didn’t. Literally, Grim’s posting wasn’t very affected by Zionite’s vote, and Grim got over the vote once he saw it was just because he was lurking. Then he unvotes when given an answer. Which is what I predicted would happen, but then he doesn’t place a vote anywhere, after thinking a sole vote on a player provides pressure? Ugh.
Zionite 6. Why is him thinking that his vote made a difference scummy? As town it's basically the only pressure tool you have, so it's quite a depressing thing to automatically assume it doesn't. In this case, you're right, it didn't, but I don't see the point of blaming him for trying and for believing in what he was trying to do.

It's scummy because he's saying it made a difference multiple times, as to make sure people know he's being a townie by being useful. I thought he was overstating his useful vote on you (which, IMO, wasn't useful) too
seem
townie to everyone. Also, townies have
words
besides votes to pressure people.

: I don’t like this either. He ignores the vote on him, and instead posts something to Zionite. I feel like Wisdom could be ignoring it because he doesn’t want to “overreact” to Grim.
Wisdom negative 1. I agree and am still waiting for a response to all of my questions to Wisdom. He did not respond to any of them.

Yeah, I guess this would be sort of a scum point. My most recent question is an attempt to see if he only responds to questions that require little effort to answer.

: Except Zionite is probably just pretending his activity is meaningful. So apparently that’s working to appease you, Grim.
How do you "pretend" meaningfulness? It is one of the things that is unpretendable, or if it is only on the short term. He's got me convinced with his constructive activity, just like you did yourself with your catch-up post. As long as he keeps it meaningful I see no point in lynching him, and if he's pretending we'll notice soon enough. I'd call this an interpretive opinion. Zionite 7

Firstly, you put Zionite at 7 even though it's the same exact fucking point I made for you to put him at 6, so that's stupid. He's overplaying his meaningfulness. If you could point out 2 good examples of useful things he's done this game, post them and I'll try to look at them again. I'm pretty confident I won't be swayed though.

: Not going after Fuzzy because he feels it’ll draw more attention to him? Doing it after the wagon blows over? Scum scum.
That's not what that says. What do you think of the argument that he puts forward about leads not getting any traction when the main suspect is advertising it? Zionite 8

I don't understand the question. But I was focusing on the last green section of text in this post; not only was he asking me a question, but he responded to your points as well in that post, remember? The way I see it: a good townie shouldn't have to make decisions to make sure that he/she himself/herself looks townie. The townie should just do what he/she can to hunt scum, and that if it's a real townie, he/she can easily explain the reasons if the town is humble enough. So yeah, this is another reason I like Zionite for scum.

And again, don’t see why the rush with the vote is bad. It’s not like I hammered.
Why was it good?

Added pressure, made my presence known, confidence that Zionite was scum at the time.

: To prevent accidental quickhammers, I either
bold a statement
saying it’s L-1, or make an individual post that clearly states it’s L-1. Soooo if someone still does, it means they aren’t paying that close attention to the game. It’s also telling depending on whether the wagoned player flips scum or not.
Is someone not paying close attention to the game a neglectable risk? And how does the last sentence add up with the rest? What would be telling? Your L-1 vote? Or the hammer? Telling in what way? If the hammerer didn't pay attention as you assume it wouldn't be telling in his case.

Some people vote other players at L-1, and don't count the votes and realize that they hammered. The last sentence adds up, because some derphammers are useful depending on what the lynched person flips. If they flip scum, it's highly unlikely that the accidental derphammer-er is scum, since scum would usually be more likely to make sure the partner stays alive. If they flip town, then yeah the derphammer-er would be heavily looked at, maybe scum, but not for sure. I still feel like I didn't answer your question correctly, though, and if I didn't I'm sorry, try asking it again. :embarrassed:

UUUGGGHHHH I wanna call this a scum post but it’s Rach, and I can’t read her in any game well ever.
RachMarie 1

At the time I made this comment, yeah, it was pretty fluffy to say something like this, but it was also a small warning that Rach shouldn't be read as scum simply because her playstyle may not strike well with others (including myself). However, shouldn't have been a point for Rach.

: Bad vote. Normally I’d be fine with that reason from a player that’s active (I was actually looking to draw attention with my L-1 vote), but from Grim, who’s first real game-related post also didn’t contain much explanation
because he was away
...I just don’t like that.
Grimgroove minus 1. How was I not active? You just complemented my first real-game related post in this very list.
Also, just for the sake of it, let's assume I was the perfect player in your eyes, obvtown and all that. Let's just pretend. Could you respond to the arguments instead of making false statements about the person making them?

It's not that you weren't active. It's that your first post barely had any content in it because of limited time, yes? But even though I voted L-1 without explaining (with my first post having barely any content), it was because I liked the idea of putting Zionite at L-1, but I didn't have the resources to say why. You assumed I didn't have any reasons because I hadn't shared them yet, and
that's literally the only scummy thing you had against me at this point.
It irritates me that you pride yourself on thinking people that interpret "fakeness" and such incorrectly are scum, yet when you interpret my posts as "lack of a case against Zionite" when that's exactly what it
wasn't
, it's okay.

Anyway, here’s why was bad to me: I was going to make details about it, but Mala didn’t think I was. Third player to say something about it, so it gives Mala an option to switch to me. When he says he likes where his vote is already, my gut tells me it could be scum staying on the bigger wagon, hoping a lynch could occur, and if Zionite’s lynch doesn’t happen, he can switch to me. And if the lynch does happen, and Zionite flips town, he can assume I’m scum based on that.
Mala back to 0. I agree with this statement.

That’s all gut, though. In fact, I’m more confident Mala is town if Zionite flips scum, and I am confident Mala is scum if Zionite flips town.
Why single them out as an evident "non-pair"?

Why not? What's the problem?

: Fuzzy’s still VI here, but not scum to me yet. His town play usually consists of thinking he’s scumhunting. And here, he could be thinking he’s scumhunting, but it’s too early to tell. I feel like pursuing Fuzzy won’t be helpful right now.
When will it be? Fuzzy minus 3

Who knows? But here's the thing: like you, who assumes some players are scummy but keep them around because they'd normally dig their own grave later, I do the same thing to VI's. Fuzzy is a VI to me. See, again, another reason you putting points on people based on my viewpoints is stupid: you don't know my viewpoints.

I still like my Zionite vote.
Given this whole list is mainly a tunnel interspersed with occasional unconclusive comments on any other players I guess this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone.

I don't really see myself as tunneling, but the truth is, I don't have a lot of town reads so far, or a lot of reads at all. So it may look like I'm tunneling Zionite, when in truth no one else had been excessively scummy.

For people that don't want to read this shitfest, I was telling Grimgroove why his "points" that he assigned were not very good assignments, because he's assuming that pretty much every opinion I give about a player requires an investment of a point. If you don't want to read through the shitfest, I don't blame you, so if you happen to ask me questions that were only answered in the shitfest, I will reply to you normally.

Horus is town because of his first question to get us out of RVS (town-motivated), and because I agree with his reasons for every action he's done so far (town-motivated because I'm town).

Also, Grimgroove: if you think Zionite is town because he's active right now, I want you to ISO him and look at the multiple times he assumes there are overreactions and overjustifications, which could be under your criteria for your scumlist thus far.

My case against Zionite:
- Accuses Horus of being scum because he believes Horus is overjustifying a vote, even though Horus's vote and question about Fuzzy got us out of RVS, and the question didn't look worthless.
- looks like he's trying to say Fuzzy is scum if Fuzzy were to keep defending his point, but doesn't follow through with that accusation. A fairly weak point, maybe I can ask Zionite exactly what he thinks of Fuzzy.
- He just looks like he's taking most of the credit for getting a read on Grimgroove, because of his sole vote, when from what I can tell in Grimgroove's early posts, the vote on Grimgroove didn't really have any impact.

I'm fairly certain that's enough to warrant my actions.

@Zionite: what are your thoughts on Fuzzy, and could you please tell me what you think his alignment is right now?

Did I miss anything? I'm sorry if I couldn't catch everything I needed to.
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 10:58 am

Post by Does Bo Know »

Oh wait, I thought I had posted this before 137. It's a good thing I still had it in a Word document:
More hypocrisy? Where was I hypocritical before?
Actually, it wasn’t more hypocrisy, but the point came up again: I hadn’t had time to make an efficient catch-up post. Yes, I had time to ask questions about recent events, but I did not have time to comment on everything like I had wanted, and if you
seriously
think it’s alignment-indicative, you’re not gonna do well here, pal.

And the way that I do catch-up posts, is laptop-friendly, not phone-friendly. And if you’re complaining because you can’t catch up properly on a phone because of how I post,
why am I not allowed to post less content from my phone
because it’s the same hassle that you fucking have with posting from your phone?

If you guys would’ve wanted a summary of things, I
might’ve
given them to you, depending on if I
for sure
had the time. But again, people jump to conclusions, assume that if I would’ve had a case on people, I would’ve said it, or some of it, at the time of my vote, but the truth is, I’m going to say this again, that
I voted L-1 early because I was confident Zionite was scum, the pressure could've helped in others' questioning of Zionite, and that it was exactly what I needed to do to make my presence more known.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by RachMarie »

What?

DBK is prob town even though his moving me around was kinda fishy... Believe me had someone hammered Zionite I would have pushed hard on D2 (if I was still around that is). One thing I am not fond of is quickhammers, especially early in the game like this. But overall feel DBK is probtown.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Even if Zion flipped scum?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:37 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Ever hear of bussing?

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Post by Wisdom »

So you think that scum would bus by quickhammering on page 4?
Does Bo Know
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Does Bo Know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Does Bo Know »

In post 142, Wisdom wrote:So you think that scum would bus by quickhammering on page 4?
This is exactly my point. Page 10 or so, sure. But I doubt scum would've pushed that hard on page 4.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Post by Wisdom »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RachMarie
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by RachMarie »

hmmm that is probably a good point.... I had not thought of that...

Pedit

Again Wisdom :roll:

Dude we do this in every game we are in, you get me lynched and I flip TOWN. I call Confirmation Bias.

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by Wisdom »

So what are your reads, Rach?
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Still working on those....

You I tend to find hard to read, but you have also been Town in those games so ehh you can go in the leaning Town pile

DBK is also prob town.

that is all I have atm

more later

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Wisdom »

And why do you think I wouldn't do the same as scum?
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

DBK- I said that a town response would be to ignore those who vote you without reason.
I can quote if you'd like.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”