hi, i'm large normal 242. and i'm over with.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 124, Cape90 wrote:I find all of the commotion around me strange like with the whole Frogster/Nero thing which I feel like Nero actually looked better coming off of that
Can you reflect on this a little bit? Go deeper?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 118, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 48, Cape90 wrote:I find posting about posting the survey start thing to be completely pointless if you are mafia here as that part can easily be left out. It felt like random insecurity over... nothing which to me says towny concern.
Does this transfer analogically to sirrhett's comment in about their rvs joke?
No. But you made it clear you don't understand the fundamental difference between the two for some reason.

Saying "pointless" things by itself in RVS is NAI such as jokes.

Down the line if Nero flips scum the vote could mean something, but not now.

With you, let's say you are scum, I would assume scum!Frogsterking would normally not bother putting the disclaimer and either post it or not post it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 67, Cape90 wrote:
In post 61, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 50, Cape90 wrote:
In post 49, Nero Cain wrote:idk man, I think scum do "will explain later" alot. Maybe it's just them mimicking townplay but its not something that scum never does. We can jusge Gamma once he comes back with his reasoning but I'm not a fan of yours. :igmeou:
I usually find

early = town
later = scum
Is there a reason you’re making an exception for me then, assuming I’ve read this right?
We are not out of RVS

I townleaned you

early = town

this does not contradict any statement I made
thanks?
You feel defensive.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 33, Cape90 wrote:Frogsterking - "I may or may not post my survey start"
In post 113, SirRhett wrote:I started with a joke here because there’s not much else to do in the RVS. Feel like there is a lot of players that we haven’t heard from yet. Looking forward to hearing more.
__
In post 126, Cape90 wrote:No. But you made it clear you don't understand the fundamental difference between the two for some reason.
Difference is leaving a way to back out? As scum by bring up the survey start I have some accountability for it later, meaning I would be less likely to bring it up if I weren't even sure I wanted to use it? Whereas Sirrhett is commenting on something he already did.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 74, Cape90 wrote:
In post 68, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 66, Cape90 wrote:been playing a lot of turbo style games recently so I think it's that :p
I don't believe you, sorry. I played thousands of hours on EM and I never had an impulse to instantly go "oh damn these 4 people are Town for xyz" unless I was scum.
I don't do this style of RVS reads often at all because I usually don't feel inclined too. Oh and you are talking EM? 1) We've had way more time to post well-thought out posts over here, I mean cmon it's been hours. 2) I do make reads like this on m.gg early on in certain conditions, if you don't have at least 2 solid townreads on day 2 in a typical 16 player, then usually it's a skill issue :^).

Also

BlueKang would like a word with you

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ame-Thread

And you know, BongWater made the same read you just did on BlueKang and flipped scum!

Curious
One game does not a pattern make. Do you have more evidence that this sort of push you say Frog is making comes from scum?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:28 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 125, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 124, Cape90 wrote:I find all of the commotion around me strange like with the whole Frogster/Nero thing which I feel like Nero actually looked better coming off of that
Can you reflect on this a little bit? Go deeper?
Oh yeah, I forgot to talk about Nero

Like I know I have said Nero has been hedgy

But at least Nero has been direct with how they feel about my slot /

I feel like some random thoughts that Nero has had have looked like they had a towny throughline such as /, specifically, "If he's scum that read on Gamma for slightly silly reasoning looks like buddying."/.

So Nero has been direct with his suspicion on me and has had some posts that I feel like would be strange if he were mafia ie. mafia know I am flipping town so immediately partnering me up with Gamma doesn't feel scum motivated.

So coming off that there is Fennec who did slightly townread me.

The thing about Fennec though is Fennec has at least been transparent with their full thought process

// and also just kinda makes passive aggressive posts like / they kinda read as just obvious town with a power complex lmao
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 82, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 69, Cape90 wrote:You are being swayed by Nero of all people?
my reads are good despite what queen Ari says. discredit me more scumbutt
That looks more like discrediting frog but that’s small potatoes
<Embrace The Void>

Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 128, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 33, Cape90 wrote:Frogsterking - "I may or may not post my survey start"
In post 113, SirRhett wrote:I started with a joke here because there’s not much else to do in the RVS. Feel like there is a lot of players that we haven’t heard from yet. Looking forward to hearing more.
__
In post 126, Cape90 wrote:No. But you made it clear you don't understand the fundamental difference between the two for some reason.
Difference is leaving a way to back out? As scum by bring up the survey start I have some accountability for it later, meaning I would be less likely to bring it up if I weren't even sure I wanted to use it? Whereas Sirrhett is commenting on something he already did.
Do you have no way to back out now? I am just saying that I
feel
like as scum you would either do the thing or not do the thing and there being no "middle man" if you will to that ie. "I may or may not post my survey start". Like even though the comment is random, the "survey start" means... something game related I assume
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:thanks?
You feel defensive.
You are the ones asking me questions in which to defend myself, like good job sherlock.
In post 129, Gamma Emerald wrote:One game does not a pattern make. Do you have more evidence that this sort of push you say Frog is making comes from scum?
Also speaking of,
It isn't a pattern, but I would love to know this scum game where scum names 4 people as town/light town within 50 posts.
If you think I am doing that as scum, best believe there is mafia in those 4.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:44 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 130, Cape90 wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot to talk about Nero

But at least Nero has been direct with how they feel about my slot 49/53

I feel like some random thoughts that Nero has had have looked like they had a towny throughline such as 57/80, specifically, "If he's scum that read on Gamma for slightly silly reasoning looks like buddying."/90.

So Nero has been direct with his suspicion on me and has had some posts that I feel like would be strange if he were mafia ie. mafia know I am flipping town so immediately partnering me up with Gamma doesn't feel scum motivated.
You're probably Town BUT your analysis on Nero is lacking in critical thinking. You need to find your inner zen and try again with Nero.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 133, Cape90 wrote:
In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:thanks?
You feel defensive.
You are the ones asking me questions in which to defend myself, like good job sherlock.
In post 129, Gamma Emerald wrote:One game does not a pattern make. Do you have more evidence that this sort of push you say Frog is making comes from scum?
Also speaking of,
It isn't a pattern, but I would love to know this scum game where scum names 4 people as town/light town within 50 posts.
If you think I am doing that as scum, best believe there is mafia in those 4.
EBWOP: I do not have more evidence then what I have already said for now
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 134, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 130, Cape90 wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot to talk about Nero

But at least Nero has been direct with how they feel about my slot 49/53

I feel like some random thoughts that Nero has had have looked like they had a towny throughline such as 57/80, specifically, "If he's scum that read on Gamma for slightly silly reasoning looks like buddying."/90.

You're probably Town BUT your analysis on Nero is lacking in critical thinking. You need to find your inner zen and try again with Nero.
What do you think of Nero?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 136, Cape90 wrote:What do you think of Nero?
Scum
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:53 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 137, Frogsterking wrote:
Scum
It's possible I'm being too harsh on you. What do you think is motivating Nero in ?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Scum
I could see it, but I am undecided as of now since his logs are in the shape of scum? Like the posts just look uncomfy
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 138, Frogsterking wrote:
Scum
It's possible I'm being too harsh on you. What do you think is motivating Nero in ?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:58 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Scum
I am not sure, especially paired with , I could see it being chummy or like testing the waters u know
Fennec
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by Fennec »

I'm Reading back, and I think i'm gonna for now, unvote. I'm gonna wait for some more posts to roll in, everyone to do some posts, then get some better reads. I'm starting to feel very unsure about them, and I need to see more posts by everyone and the others not posting to just damn post. Because of time zones, that is probably tomorrow for me.
UNVOTE: Cape
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 142, Fennec wrote:I'm Reading back, and I think i'm gonna for now, unvote. I'm gonna wait for some more posts to roll in, everyone to do some posts, then get some better reads. I'm starting to feel very unsure about them, and I need to see more posts by everyone and the others not posting to just damn post. Because of time zones, that is probably tomorrow for me.
UNVOTE: Cape
Smart choice!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:11 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 141, Cape90 wrote:
Scum
I am not sure, especially paired with , I could see it being chummy or like testing the waters u know
Yes exactly, chummy
and
testing the waters more like.

Do you think Nero is more or less likely to write the way it's written if he knows for a fact that both you and I are both Town?

Also notice how Nero doesn't vote you in but chooses to naked vote you in a couple of minutes later. I wonder if influenced his choice to vote you at the time he did.
Fennec
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by Fennec »

Also while Cape still feels dodgy, I'm starting to feel that dodginess about some other people, But i'm probably paranoid. I'm gonna wait out the hours, see the next hundred posts and more people to place some stuff before i'll be talkin and doin things. I need to think through this a little more and need some more stuff to work with.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 145, Fennec wrote:Also while Cape still feels dodgy, I'm starting to feel that dodginess about some other people, But i'm probably paranoid. I'm gonna wait out the hours, see the next hundred posts and more people to place some stuff before i'll be talkin and doin things. I need to think through this a little more and need some more stuff to work with.
I agree Cape appeared dodgy and I think it was because he was reacting defensively under pressure. I think you, Cape and I are probably Town with
low certainty
. You unvoted instead of getting trapped in a tunnel, so props to you for recognizing that. What do you think about my points against Nero in ?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 144, Frogsterking wrote:Do you think Nero is more or less likely to write 80 the way it's written if he knows for a fact that both you and I are both Town?

Also notice how Nero doesn't vote you in 80 but chooses to naked vote you in 84 a couple of minutes later. I wonder if 81 influenced his choice to vote you at the time he did.
More likely

I would assume Nero voted me for as stated in as a sort of OMGUS

That quote is specifically after every quote Nero focused on in (meaning he may have not saw it)
Fennec
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Fennec
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by Fennec »

These are some decent points. I'm probably gonna scavenge through some posts, and get some Ideas. out of the 3 of you, I'm moderately certain one of you is scum. A flip out of Cape or Nero to me would give the most information at this current stage, In my opinion.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 126, Cape90 wrote:Down the line if Nero flips scum the vote could mean something, but not now
Nero is never going to flip scum so that fixes that problem but I don't get what you are saying here.
In post 144, Frogsterking wrote:Yes exactly, chummy and testing the waters more like.
chummy to who? Also, there were no extra votes or pressure between my and so your "testing the waters" theory doesn't hold
WATER

My wasn't naked. As Cape correctly points out I voted him for wich I had not gotten to yet as my ends at .
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”