farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:04 am

Post by farside22 »

I started thinking about talah and iec claims today. I'm asking the mod a few questions right now.

@ Pere: I claimed, please ISO to find claim. Also why did you not read the game during the night?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:26 am

Post by farside22 »

I started thinking about talah stating her null result and iec stated he received null result. When I read that it made no sense. How do two people get null results. The I thought redirector.
If I was redirected to talah that would explain the null results from both parties.
So I asked the mod what would a redirector full under with how the list of actions is on front. I wondered if redirector was special, which it is considered misc.
okay. So my action would occur before redirector which confirms kk is not a redirector.
I asked more about the geography aspect of the game. Since I targeted kk in my circle could a redirector change my action one group away, the answer is no.
So if I'm correct about the possible redirect that leaves reck or prof as a redirector.

Thoughts?

Questions?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:34 am

Post by ActionDan »

Not Quite following how this is more probable then someone roleblock talah theory
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:35 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1252, ActionDan wrote:Not Quite following how this is more probable then someone roleblock talah theory
See iec post.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:43 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1221, farside22 wrote:Juls: that was what I thought was being said but the no results from iec through me off. Rb stops a player action, how does that effect iec?
Just an FYI this was the question I asked that got me thinking.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 5:46 am

Post by ActionDan »

-^○^-. (My interpretation of man shrugging shoulders)

Iecerint is implying he's a follower or tracker. Just sayin
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:20 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1250, farside22 wrote:I started thinking about talah and iec claims today. I'm asking the mod a few questions right now.

@ Pere: I claimed, please ISO to find claim. Also why did you not read the game during the night?
I didn't think I was that far behind, but I missed any claims.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:22 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1247, ActionDan wrote:I don't think per realizes it's day of the dead tomorrow
I did, in general, but I forgot, in general.

I see now that the goo kill is not the reason Bmolla is coming back, but Day of the Dead.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 6:55 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1255, ActionDan wrote:-^○^-. (My interpretation of man shrugging shoulders)

Iecerint is implying he's a follower or tracker. Just sayin
I seriously feel like crying.
I don't know if you don't get it or if you are thinking he's cc talah.
Neither one makes me have hope for you to help this game.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 979, Venmar wrote:Okay since i'm L-2 and everyone on this town is stupid as shit,

I'm a
Town Bodyguard (x2-Shot BP Vest)
In post 997, farside22 wrote:My vote stands.

Town jail keeper reporting.
OK. Here's two of them.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1015, talah wrote:I'd rather not full claim but I soft claimed a night action in .

While my role doesn't conflict with Venmar's I'll just note that bulletproof bodyguard (effectively) is a tidy claim for scum because it explains him being alive night after night but I've seen it as town (although only 1-shot). If Zor has a history of providing fake claims for scum I'd tend scum on Venmar, otherwise would tend null to town.

Given the Geography mechanic Night 1, I don't know whether to say Venmar needs to be on me tonight or not. I'm probably dead either way which is kind of shitty.
In post 1015, talah wrote:I'd rather not full claim but I soft claimed a night action in .

While my role doesn't conflict with Venmar's I'll just note that bulletproof bodyguard (effectively) is a tidy claim for scum because it explains him being alive night after night but I've seen it as town (although only 1-shot). If Zor has a history of providing fake claims for scum I'd tend scum on Venmar, otherwise would tend null to town.

Given the Geography mechanic Night 1, I don't know whether to say Venmar needs to be on me tonight or not. I'm probably dead either way which is kind of shitty.

I guess these are the other 2?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:15 am

Post by PeregrineV »

EBWOP:

In post 1195, Iecerint wrote:Hmm.

I used an ability on talah last night and similarly received a "null" result. The ability could not have disrupted her track.

The result contradicts talah's claim if valid (e.g., if my null result is not the result of a roleblock or bus-drive or global roleblock or whatever).

I guess these are the other 2?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 9:54 am

Post by AGar »

In post 1220, Venmar wrote:But why would scum roleblock Talah?
That Talah claimed a confirmable role is a pretty good reason to start.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:05 am

Post by Oversoul »

I don't know why I ever thought Farside was scum

Reading her posts now it's like god damn so obvious she is town

:facepalm:

I think this little burst of activity is just what we needed! I will analyze the game tonight
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1254, farside22 wrote:
In post 1221, farside22 wrote:Juls: that was what I thought was being said but the no results from iec through me off. Rb stops a player action, how does that effect iec?
Just an FYI this was the question I asked that got me thinking.
Zor is one of those mods that doesn't like to distinguish between no result and no action

So if Talah was RB'd and Iec is a tracker, he wouldn't receive a result either

It sounds like Talah is more than a tracker so I'll just leave it at that
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:10 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1200, zMuffinMan wrote:why did you target talah, iece? iirc you thought talah was town at the end of D1 and you're hinting at some sort of investigative role, which doesn't make a lot of sense
I did have a specific reason, but I think it would make my specific night action too specific if I clarified this. I can just outright claim this if people want; I only didn't claim it because I figured it wouldn't help much to claim it and would give scum information not relevant to the talah->venmar thing, but this doesn't apply if it's making people theorize in funky ways.

The other reason (that
isn't
that one) is that Talah was someone a lot of players suspected yesterday, so I thought that a potential clear or incrimination could be valuable.

Also, while several of talah's posts seemed very town, other ones seemed scummy. So I put more emphasis on trying to get a better understanding of someone where lots of people had published reads.
In post 1207, farside22 wrote:I thought about it and the odds of a rb targeting you is slim however venmar did claim as I did, can't say if he was targeted by a possible rb.....I don't know and I hate wifom.
She did claim something like "confirmable at night," though. That could be enough to pull a roleblock if someone was in roleblock range of her, I think, and maybe even from elsewhere if they didn't have any leads.
In post 1208, zMuffinMan wrote:the only way all 3 of {venmar, talah, iece} are town is if talah was RBed
Agreed. Well, other than phantom busdrivers or whatever. Though geography could really make multi-target abilities like that unusual, so I'd hazard to guess that they're less likely to be in this game.
In post 1222, Juls wrote:I guess I was thinking of Iec's role as something like a tracker too but you are right, it could be anything. So I think we need some further clarification from iec to sort all this out.
A roleblock on talah would indeed account for everything.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Thank you iec. That verifies things in my head.
Back to those people that could target talah then.
Either in a room with him or one room away. Thoughts on those players people?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:33 am

Post by Oversoul »

We can narrow down the likely suspects in those rooms I think
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:45 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1265, Iecerint wrote:I did have a specific reason, but I think it would make my specific night action too specific if I clarified this. I can just outright claim this if people want; I only didn't claim it because I figured it wouldn't help much to claim it and would give scum information not relevant to the talah->venmar thing, but this doesn't apply if it's making people theorize in funky ways.
So really, given that you can add no new information to the Talah/venmar thing, would you claim anything at all? That's the part that puzzles me.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:47 am

Post by PeregrineV »

OK, I don;t get the rooms thing. If someone in room 70 roleblcosk talah in room 1, Talah is roleblocked.

How would the room her roleblocker be in be relevant?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Juls
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Juls
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Juls »

Well, I have thought Agar for a while so he is my top suspect for a RB.

Vote: Agar

P-edit proximity outweighs action P
-------------------------------------
Juls
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:53 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1270, Juls wrote:Well, I have thought Agar for a while so he is my top suspect for a RB.

Vote: Agar

P-edit proximity outweighs action P
In post 3, zoraster wrote:Follower type roles will get a result if they follow someone who is taking the same or longer period of time, but will return no result if they follow someone before that. For example, I am a tracker 1 room from Vi. Vi is a vigilante and kills a target in his own room. I will NOT get a result. However, if Vi were targeting someone in my room (1 room away as well), I WILL get a result.
Then translate the above into what we know so far.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:55 am

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1268, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1265, Iecerint wrote:I did have a specific reason, but I think it would make my specific night action too specific if I clarified this. I can just outright claim this if people want; I only didn't claim it because I figured it wouldn't help much to claim it and would give scum information not relevant to the talah->venmar thing, but this doesn't apply if it's making people theorize in funky ways.
So really, given that you can add no new information to the Talah/venmar thing, would you claim anything at all? That's the part that puzzles me.
I probably shouldn't have, but I assumed that talah was going to claim something noteworthy on Venmar when she originally crumbed the vague result on him, so I kind of had my plan in mind ahead of time and didn't modify it as I should have when she completed the claim.

Though I guess my claim did still clarify that talah being roleblocked was more likely than it would otherwise have been.
In post 1269, PeregrineV wrote:OK, I don;t get the rooms thing. If someone in room 70 roleblcosk talah in room 1, Talah is roleblocked.

How would the room her roleblocker be in be relevant?
No, your understanding is incorrect (or mine is).

The Geography function is that a "distance" modifier determines ability resolution prior to natural ability resolution. This means that if talah's target is of smaller distance from her than her roleblocker, that roleblocker cannot roleblock her. Similarly, if a kill target is closer than the doctor, the doctor cannot protect that person.

Talah's logic is that given this, scum would probably only roleblock people who are in the same room as them, since a roleblock at distance > 0 is useless provided that the target targets someone at distance = 0. This is maybe extra true for talah who would want to confirm herself N1 as per her D1 claim (or someone would infer that), so the chance of her using a distance = 0 target is even higher.

In reality, Talah targeted someone at distance = 1 instead of distance = 0, which is why the technical roleblocker pool could be anyone in her room or 1 room away. But it still means that distance = 0 roleblocker is most probable.

All of this goes out the window if this understanding of Geography is incorrect.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:58 am

Post by talah »

Farside had outted with a jailkeep.

To directly contrast your example, if KK had submitted a roleblock on me, that would fail.

However if farside submitted a jailkeep on a roleblocker in my room, the roleblock would succeed.

At least that's my understanding.

ed: ^@Pere
I could be tempted to vote AGar but in the balance we did have a kill in Venmar's room as well and if it was actually scum and not a vig that points back at Venmar/Zito I think. Not too worried about Oversoul at this stage.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu May 01, 2014 10:59 am

Post by Iecerint »

Also, that's going to beg the question a little, so I'm going to clarify a step further.

I could track on N1, and I tracked talah on N1. I clarified with the Mod about how Geography affects tracking on N1, and he confirmed that my track will return a result regardless of whether the track resolves before or after the potential actions that can be tracked. So geography could NOT account for a negative track from either talah or me.

(By all accounts my negative track result is very similar to talah's.)

I asked because I thought that if talah was scum, confirmation shenanigans as per her D1 claim would probably happen today, so I could catch her if I targeted her and she was guaranteed to have an action that could be tracked.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”