Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:30 am

Post by Sando »

Well played guys. Watching the last day, Kise struck me as scummy, but I kept meta-gaming that he wouldn't replace into a different persuasion :P Nicely done though.

I didn't see the point in revealing that I'd protected Reck and that he wasn't night-scum once it was evident he could still be day-scum, and my reasoning on protecting the confirmed night-cop was that day-scum didn't really care about him since he didn't pose a threat to them and could eliminate competition. Not being able to protect my own cop never even occured to me. Seems really harsh that my cop literally had no protection against those he's investigating, never occured to me that it wouldn't work. Obviously never occured to night scum either though :P

Also, that means that the night cop had no protection from night-scum, couldn't investigate day-scum, and couldn't get a guilty on 1/3 of the people he was assigned to investigate...

The complete lack of cross-killing was brutal though, 1 mislynch then 4 hits on scum in a row and still be in a pretty much unwinnable position is pretty harsh.

Nice work Reck on pulling out the fake-out to put town in the position to have a chance, was pretty brilliant, pity you couldn't get a win out of it.

I'd be interested to know what Sabers results would have meant for town if they'd been available.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:02 am

Post by ZazieR »

congrats day-scum ^.^

Interesting game to read. Especially when you see that the powerroles hadn't done anything special. Cops didn't get any guilty investigations, Godfathers weren't targeted, scum didn't cross-kill and the masons didn't confirm each other in the game.
The only thing what I didn't like about this set-up is that it was symetrical. Resulting in no possible fake-claims for scum, except for those present in the game (As shown by DT). But other than that, I liked the idea.
Ignore the ''R''
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I was kinda pissed about the fact that we actually had town play well and get a bunch of scum, but we still lost. My gambit even worked, and we still couldn't win.

Other than that, good game.
green shirt thursdays
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:04 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

xRECKONERx wrote:I was kinda pissed about the fact that we actually had town play well and get a bunch of scum, but we still lost. My gambit even worked, and we still couldn't win.

Other than that, good game.
I agree :(
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:26 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Sando

Fear is the ultimate protection BC got. Night scum didn't kill BC until I targeted you on the last day (hehehe which worked out for me since I posted the kill and got the ok for it to be under Bek since she literally vanished all game)

So :3. Plus when CB failed to kill someone, this solidified the fearful defence.

@BC Nya your list was correct :3... except Playt.

@Town
I thought I gave out too much info before I died. Plus I thought Bekk was obv scum. If you noticed my distancing posts, when she posted she posted in an obv scum manner. :<
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

we targeted reckoner night 1...he was protected or we were role blocked.

good game...

damn BC for catching me quickly.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Sando »

canadianbovine wrote:we targeted reckoner night 1...he was protected or we were role blocked.

good game...

damn BC for catching me quickly.
Yeah I protected Reck N1, since it only cleared him as night-scum I didn't think it needed revealing.
iPeanut
iPeanut
Goon
iPeanut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by iPeanut »

Agh. Well, sorry to my team, and good game, all. :3 I need to drop the gambling spirit. XD I was hoping that the Day Mafia would choose a safe route with a tie instead of trying to push through a win there.

Not that I've been playing long, but this was probably the most fun I've had in a game. =D I'm curious, though; did the day team also have the ability to talk to each other during both day and night phases?

Great endgame play, Kise. I was totally convinced that you weren't the last day scum.

@Snow White: Most of my line of thinking regarding the night kills was to off the strongest player, whether scummy or townie. Someone steering the town in any direction makes me nervous. ):
"Hey dudes, thanks for rescuing me! Let's go for a burger...Ha! Ha! Ha!" - Bad Dudes
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Yeah we could talk all day. I'm willing to link the QT if Seraphim allows it.. but it's not impressive. :D

Fufufufufu!
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Post by lobstermania »

I really didn't see how my bringing up someone else being a GF was a slip. I'm pretty sure someone else brought up the idea before me, too. Ugh.
A very fun and well played game, though. Thanks!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Seraphim »

Kise V2You are a
Day Mafia Godfather
You, Empking (goon), and falkomagno (goon) are trying to take over the town by force. By day, you may discuss with the town and optimally try not to get lynched. During the day, you may discuss privately with your mafia mates and come up with a kill, which you will be responsible for sending to me by the end of the day. At the end of the day, your target will be dead unless something interferes with your kill. As godfather, you are immune to being nightkilled. You win when only the Day Mafia members remain, or nothing can prevent the same.

Private Talk Thread
You may talk here with your mafiamates anytime.

DTMasterYou are a
Day Mafia Goon
. You, Bekkatha (godfather), and falkomagno (goon) are trying to take over the town by force. By day, you may discuss with the town and optimally try not to get lynched. During the day, you may discuss privately with your mafia mates and come up with a kill. At the end of the day, your target will be dead unless something interferes with your kill. You win when only the Day Mafia members remain, or nothing can prevent the same.

Private Talk Thread

MafiaSSKYou are a
Day Mafia Goon
. You, Bekkatha (godfather), and Empking (goon) are trying to take over the town by force. By day, you may discuss with the town and optimally try not to get lynched. During the day, you may discuss privately with your mafia mates and come up with a kill. At the end of the day, your target will be dead unless something interferes with your kill. You win when only the Day Mafia members remain, or nothing can prevent the same.

Private Talk Thread

lobstermaniaYou are a
Night Mafia Godfather
. You, canadianbovine (goon), and DIDO (goon) are trying to take over the town by force. By day, you may discuss with the town and optimally try not to get lynched. By night, you may discuss privately with your mafia mates and come up with a night kill, which you will be responsible for sending to me. The following morning, your target will be dead unless something interferes with your kill. As godfather, you are immune to dying by any method other than lynching. You win when only the Night Mafia members remain, or nothing can prevent the same.

Private Talk Thread

canadianbovineYou are a
Night Mafia Goon
. You, lobstermania (godfather), and DIDO (goon) are trying to take over the town by force. By day, you may discuss with the town and optimally try not to get lynched. By night, you may discuss privately with your mafia mates and come up with a night kill, which you will be responsible for sending to me. The following morning, your target will be dead unless something interferes with your kill. You win when only the Night Mafia members remain, or nothing can prevent the same.

Private Talk Thread

iPeanutYou are a
Night Mafia Goon
. You, lobstermania (godfather), and canadianbovine (goon) are trying to take over the town by force. By day, you may discuss with the town and optimally try not to get lynched. By night, you may discuss privately with your mafia mates and come up with a night kill, which you will be responsible for sending to me. The following morning, your target will be dead unless something interferes with your kill. You win when only the Night Mafia members remain, or nothing can prevent the same.

Private Talk Thread

saberwolfYou are a
Day Cop
. You decide to put your investigative powers to good use for the town. In the day, you may discuss with the town and vote for a lynch. Also during the day, you may investigate someone to see if they are pro-town or anti-town. You win when all anti-town factions have been eliminated.

NOTE: You can only find Day Mafia.

BloodCovenentYou are a
Night Cop
. You decide to put your investigative powers to good use for the town. In the day, you may discuss with the town and vote for a lynch. Every night, you may investigate someone to see if they are pro-town or anti-town. You win when all anti-town factions have been eliminated.

NOTE: You can only find Night Mafia.

Battle MageYou are a
Day Doc
. You decide to put your knowledge of medicine to good use for the town. In the day, you may discuss with the town and vote for a lynch. Also during the day, you may protect someone from a kill attempt (by lynching or by killing). You may not protect yourself, and your protection attempt might not be successful. You win when all anti-town factions have been eliminated.

SandoYou are a
Night Doc
. You decide to put your knowledge of medicine to good use for the town. In the day, you may discuss with the town and vote for a lynch. Every night, you may protect someone from a nightkill attempt. You may not protect yourself, and your protection attempt might not be successful. You win when all anti-town factions have been eliminated.

Snow WhiteYou are a
Mason
. You are very close friends with Scott Brosius and you know him to be innocent. During the day, you may discuss with the town and vote for a lynch. At night, you may privately talk with Scott Brosius here. You win when all anti-town factions have been eliminated.

Scott BrosiusYou are a
Mason
. You are very close friends with Snow White and you know her to be innocent. During the day, you may discuss with the town and vote for a lynch. At night, you may privately talk with Snow White here. You win when all anti-town factions have been eliminated.

X6

You are a
Townie
. Your only ability is to discuss with the town during the day and vote for a lynch. You win when all anti-town factions have been eliminated.

Notes:

All attempts of the day doc to protect the day cop will fail.

All attempts of the night doc to protect the night cop will fail.

D1: CJMiller lynched
nhammen killed by Day Mafia, Townie
Wiirdo investigates MonkeyMan57, innocent result
Looker protects Scott Brosius

N1: BloodCovenent investigates canadianbovine, anti-town result
Night Mafia kills xRECKONERx, Townie
Sando protects xRECKONERx

D2: saberwolf investigates Sando, innocent result
Battle Mage protects BloodCovenent
Day Mafia kills Monkeyman576

N2: BloodCovenent investigates Bekkatha, innocent result
Sando protects BloodCovenent, FAIL
Night Mafia kills Snow White

D3: saberwolf investigates Battle Mage, innocent result
Battle Mage protects BloodCovenent
Day Mafia kills Scott Brosius

N3: Sando protects BloodCovenent, FAIL
BloodCovenent investigates xRECKONERx, innocent result
Night Mafia kills Battle Mage

D4: Saberwolf investigates Kise, innocent result
Day Mafia kills Saberwolf

N4: Sando protects BloodCovenent, FAIL
BloodCovenent investigates Sando, innocent result
Night Mafia kills Kise

D5: Day Mafia kills Sando

N5: Night Mafia kills BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent investigates Platypus_Dude, innocent result

D6: Day Mafia kills iPeanut

N6: Nothing happens.

D7: Platypus_Dude is lynched, Day Mafia win!

---

And yeah, that's the set-up and the results. The quicktopics are linked in the PMs so if you feel like reading them, they are there. I hope no one has any problems with this.

Thanks for playing and putting up with my V/LA modding.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Kise »

I just noticed that the Day mafia was comprised of replacements.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Seraphim »

In the end, yes it was. Empking flaked out, falko disappeared and Bekk almost, almost made it to the end of the game.
canadianbovine
canadianbovine
Goon
canadianbovine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by canadianbovine »

this was my first game as scum, i wish BC didn't end up investigating me :(
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

canadianbovine wrote:this was my first game as scum, i wish BC didn't end up investigating me :(
sorry bro :D

I thought it was interesting that day doc could stop a lynch :D Too bad we only really lynched scum :*(
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Whoa. I had no idea that the Day Doc could stop a lynch.

that was one tweak I did not see.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

Also during the day, you may protect someone from a kill attempt (by lynching or by killing).
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

would have been a crazy twist :D
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

p.s... I like it :D
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by BloodCovenent »

I love these lines!! :D
iPeanut 57
08-01-2009 10:32 PM ET (US)

And BC seems to be implying that he knows a godfather exists. Shouldn't that be unknown to a cop?

Waitaminnit. Shouldn't the Godfather appear innocent on a cop investigation? What's this mean?
I got my games confused, thats why I said that stuff.... lulz :D

wow, there was so much talk on the night team. they were really working every little detail out. I'd just like to give props to you guys. After reading the QT's, i wish I could have given the game to you :P
iPeanut
iPeanut
Goon
iPeanut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by iPeanut »

Awww. Thanks, BC. =P I got waaaay into this game. Glad you all can see the majority of my expression of that now. XD

We had lotsa scum newbs in this one, didn't we? =D
"Hey dudes, thanks for rescuing me! Let's go for a burger...Ha! Ha! Ha!" - Bad Dudes
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Oooh. If you night scum didn't kill off BM I wonder what would have happened if the decided to stop the lynches. D:

But yeah your QT was much better then mine. I ended up talking to myself near the end so I just played with wacky gambit cards. I feel happy to be regarded as a threat almost equal to BM <3.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Actually I should rephrase that: I'm regarded as the too townie person D:.
iPeanut
iPeanut
Goon
iPeanut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:26 am

Post by iPeanut »

You were almost on par with BM there, though, except that you weren't driving the town as strongly. I saw more people following his play, so he stuck out more. Although, without that miller claim, I would've been completely convinced you were town. :3
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:51 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

I thought it was funny that night scum was considering claiming night miller :P

Thar would have really thrown me off >.<

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”