Newbie 2127: game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by the worst »

thanks for modding sky! gg everyone!

i commentated the gamestate of the last phase in the dead thread so my thoughts are kinda there, i'm happy to be yelled and and stuff.
In post 1272, KatyKimFanClub wrote: Nice.

Well done everyone. In particular, I think I learned a lot (and maybe gained some confidence in myself) this game? The pep talk from PC in the middle of Day 2 honestly meant a lot to me :)
when I was rereading towards the end of my casing, I did a double-take on reading your early posts again. you were transcendent this game, I wasn't joking when I said you became the main character. :lol:
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by Snix »

Good Game everyone, I had fun while I lasted
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by the worst »

gg snix, you did well in a really rough spot i think!
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 1276, the worst wrote: when I was rereading towards the end of my casing, I did a double-take on reading your early posts again. you were transcendent this game, I wasn't joking when I said you became the main character.
What do you mean by that? :O

I am happy that in the end I figured out the scum team, though mostly that was your analysis that helped me get there.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 1277, Snix wrote: Good Game everyone, I had fun while I lasted
You almost convinced me :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1279, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
In post 1276, the worst wrote: when I was rereading towards the end of my casing, I did a double-take on reading your early posts again. you were transcendent this game, I wasn't joking when I said you became the main character.
you showed a lot of development in your playstyle, and i think went from a reasonably passive force in the game to someone who was keeping conversation flowing & was quite essential to the game being won. pc had a similar switch, though by sheer presence i think yours was a lil more obvious. it was cool to witness.
KatyKimFanClub
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
KatyKimFanClub
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by KatyKimFanClub »

In post 1281, the worst wrote:
In post 1279, KatyKimFanClub wrote:
you showed a lot of development in your playstyle, and i think went from a reasonably passive force in the game to someone who was keeping conversation flowing & was quite essential to the game being won. pc had a similar switch, though by sheer presence i think yours was a lil more obvious. it was cool to witness.
Thanks for saying this :)
ChicagoTypewriter
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: CT

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by ChicagoTypewriter »

I kind of feel bad about killing JasonWazza night one, but he did soft, so... not much of a choice, really.

(Did anyone else pick that up?)
Rat-tat-tat-tat...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by the worst »

what did you see? :eyes:

i spotted some stuff but i already knew lmao
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:02 pm

Post by Political Clout »

You guys ever have a black screen blinking underscore issue that means your laptop has a os or hard drive issue and you try desperately to fix it but don't have a USB stick to install a windows 10 iso file to reboot the entire PC and don't have enough gas money to go to the library to do it because you don't have a job because you think you're too good to work for minimum wage so now you're just applying to several places (62) that are all rejecting you for being to old rightfully so because they can just pay a teenager to do what you are trying to do since you dropped out of college and are a complete fucking loser? Yeah lol me neither:twisted:

What a great game thanks for modding skygazer :)
Ya basic!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by the worst »

oof good luck with your job hunt pc good game
Political Clout
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Political Clout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Political Clout »

In post 1286, the worst wrote: oof good luck with your job hunt pc good game
I have no idea what you are talking about 🤡

Good game Mr duck.
Ya basic!
Bazuf
Bazuf
He
Goon
Bazuf
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:39 pm

Post by Bazuf »

Good game everyone!

This one had my head spinning :P
But glad we managed to get them. Nice one...

Can't help but feeling sorry for CT, which had his partner replaced two times.
And this was kinda telling for me, because really thought that Clap and UP seemed like caught scum.
STATS
NEWBIE GAMES
Town - P:4 / W:3 / L:1
Mafia - P:0 / W:0 / L:0
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:16 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

I think that:

Generally people played well this game.
I do have an exception with someone who replaced into the game and used some seriously underhand tactics to try and win. I do in fact think that there is some lines not to be crossed.

I also think that people shouldn't use the dead thread to talk shite about people when they can't defend themselves. Bemoan a Lim maybe, critique the game, but don't enter as a non-player, pure observer for what feels like the sole reason of talking about someone behind their back. It's a bit below us all, I think.

I'll maintain that the Mikhail lim was necessary for the gamestate, and I genuinely wanted them in the game, but I and several others were not going to be able to read them in Day 2 or 3.

The allegation that I was going out of my way to cause damage to Mikhail's MH and then UP replacing in and really trying to emotionally manipulate me were awful.

I damn near wanted to just siteflake and so whilst on the whole I'm glad we won, I'm extremely disappointed at how this game made me feel because it really, really brought me down a lot.

---

2 special mentions:

I think KKFC you showed some real growth over the course of the game, and I do see the development in hindsight that you were going through. Good job!

Worst - thank you for coming into the game and steadying the course. Your fresh eyes were, I think, integral to pushing the game forwards and frankly you put us all on your back. Bravo!

Cheers for the game folks.
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:07 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1289, Deltabreedy wrote: Worst - thank you for coming into the game and steadying the course. Your fresh eyes were, I think, integral to pushing the game forwards and frankly you put us all on your back. Bravo!
thanks fellow tom!

this game was odd. even besides the d1 lim, there was also a lot of friction in this game in a broader sense - there were quite a lot of mismatched playstyles at work here and i'm really glad we all banded together enough to see the game through. tension & personalities are pretty common but this was for sure one of the stranger vibes I've had in a 9p game, for what that's worth.

i'd feel kinda weird talking about the mikhail/UP situation in a tonne of detail given i'm a site mod. this isn't like, my lane (i'm discussion side), but if you want us to note anything you think exceeded what's fair, please report it.

I will just say as a friendly acquaintance, not a mod: UP's analysis was, ultimately, manipulative. have to admit, I glazed over a lot of their posts because they posted a *lot* and a bunch of it was kinda left-field meta which I didn't understand the point of. I didn't find their conclusions satisfactory, which is why I didn't find them towny.

If, in the heat of the moment, the game's getting to you, always feel free to reach out to the game mod. Forum mafia's not worth bearing pain over.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:19 am

Post by Skygazer »

shout outs to penguin power for putting up with me this game,
and by extension, you all
. hoping my constant "hey did this cross a line" didn't drive him to retire
pretend this is an insightful signature pls & ty
replacement queue
ChicagoTypewriter
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
ChicagoTypewriter
CT
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: CT

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:20 am

Post by ChicagoTypewriter »

Okay, so thoughts overall:

Some people here played a clean game. Some people didn't. If you were the ones who played a clean game, I had fun playing with you. That said, I think it's kind of patently obvious at this point I just lost interest about halfway through Day 2 and just coasted, given my interaction level with the game given what it had devolved into at the time. If I wanted to win, I should have bussed my partner far earlier in the game, but I didn't really feel like it. Also, and allow me to be blunt - there is a difference between
pressure
and
bullying
. If you do not know the difference, please learn yourself the difference.

@Claptastik: On the off chance you read this, this isn't a representation of my experience on this site, I hope you stick around for just another game and I hope that one goes well for you.

@usesPython: You came into a bad situation and tried to make it work, kudos for that. I wouldn't mind rolling scum with you at the start of a game and seeing what we can work with.

@Snix: You tried your best and we might have had it if not for the worst. Cheers.
Rat-tat-tat-tat...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:27 am

Post by the worst »

well played, CT. it was like, very hard to feel confident on you for a long time. i really enjoyed that your play style is simultaneously like, insightful and interesting, without making your alignment & motivations particularly clear. i'm excited to play more with you (and hopefully roll scum together soon. :shifty:)
Claptastik
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Claptastik
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Claptastik »

CT, sorry for sucking, I was following and rooting for you but you really had an uphill battle.

This place is pretty fucked up. I don't see how these are "newbie" games. The setup is known and there's always a certain number of newbies, but there's like zero effort by the established players to help/encourage the newbs. FWIW when I played in the past it was on a topical site I hung out at which sometimes ran a mafia game. It was friendly and fun. Wasn't like that here.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by Deltabreedy »

This is an atypical game. Tensions don't typically get that heated as they did here.

In D1 I -really- worked to try and help Mikhail understand why they were being limmed and give them chances to adjust but I could have done more for others, which I appreciate and will take on board.

I hope you stick around and give it another go with MS soon. Cheers
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:21 am