Open 508: The Law of the Jungle (Town Wins!)

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Penguin_alien replaces Jennifer. Night is extended for 48 hours. New deadline is Wednesday September 18 at 7:00pm EST. Countdown: (expired on 2013-09-18 19:00:00)
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In the tale, the first of the tigers brings fear to the Jungle.

BoroPhil,
Vanilla Townie
, has been night killed.

Vote Count:

StubbsKVM (0):
Penguin_alien (0):
ChannelDelibird (0):

Not voting (3): StubbsKVM, Penguin_alien, ChannelDelibird

It is day 6. Town is in Lylo. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. Day ends on Wednesday October 2 at 7:00pm EST or when a majority is reached. Countdown: (expired on 2013-10-02 19:00:00)

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

VOTE: Penguin_alien

Nice to see you, but you're scum.
#greenshirtthursdays
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

ChannelDelibird (and Stubbs), always a pleasure!

From my read-through I'm pretty sure you're the werewolf and not Stubbs, but I'll wait to see if he has us both snowed and quickhammers me. I'd ask you to remove your vote if you're town, but I'm pretty sure you're not, as town has no reason to risk being wrong here.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:17 pm

I've been certain that you're scum for a couple of weeks and wanted to get it over with yesterday. I have no reason to waste anyone's time; I'd get here anyway.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:25 am

So, uh, hey Stubbs, help me out here
#greenshirtthursdays
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:28 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

If I was the wolf, I would have hammered yesterday.

Penguin. I'm going to give you a chance to make a case. But at the moment, my vote would be on you.

Hi by the way ;)
Check out my wiki for my mafia statistics.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:49 am

Wake me if you need me.
#greenshirtthursdays
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:41 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Sorry, fell asleep last night before I could post. I'll get to this today. But rereading theslimer3's ISO should give you what you need to see that CDB is the werewolf. CDB replaced in strongly, but he's still scum.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:30 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Okay, Stubbs, whatever I say is coming from my own confirmation bias that CDB is wolf-aligned. Having had plenty of experience being the decision-maker in 3p LyLo, I'll just say that reading theslimer3's reaction to Darthe's result on Robocopter is clearly a partner who can't decide how to bus. Check it out; I won't comment further unless you have a specific question for me.

VOTE: CDB
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:14 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Fear is Man.

StubbsKVM (0):
Penguin_alien (1): ChannelDelibird
L-1

ChannelDelibird (1): Penguin_alien
L-1

Not voting (1): StubbsKVM

It is day 6. Town is in Lylo. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch. Day ends on Wednesday October 2 at 7:00pm EST or when a majority is reached. Countdown: (expired on 2013-10-02 19:00:00)
Last edited by Bulbazak on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:23 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

Is that really all you've got on him?

Explain.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:15 am

prod dodge, please end this
#greenshirtthursdays
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Prodding Penguin_alien.

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 pm

C'mon, Stubbs.
#greenshirtthursdays
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1311, StubbsKVM wrote:Is that really all you've got on him?

Explain.

Sure, although my current thoughts stem a lot from confirmation bias like I said. When I glanced over the game before replacing in, I figured BoroPhil was the werewolf based on how he was supporting CDB's charge on Jennifer; not sure why CDB killed him.

Background before I go into why I'm reading the CDB slot as scummy: I've played with theslimer3 before, and he doesn't tend to go for the high percentage plays as town. He makes unconventional choices and doesn't make safe plans. Having said that:
In post 299, theslimer3 wrote:Okay guys finally I can talk, and this sucks.

First off id like to say that Darthe looks like the fakest town ever. No matter what I read to his defense, he looks like he's barely covering himself using outside methods that don't even seem legit

cop claim? FUUUUU

Saki seems like the weakest person here so far. Actively posting and still giving crap. If anything we should be pressuring this guy

Oh you're town. K.

Now id just like to say that Titus is my town read. My strongest.

And if Darthe is WiFoMing a cop claim, I'll WiFoM a
Vanilla Town
claim.

Now I've seen a fake cop claim early in a game only once, and it was scum. I think it was Robo's game (irony much?)

But if we get a free scum kill, then so be it.

VOTE: Robocopter
So here he's doing the whole, 'look how townie I am, my reads changed as I worked through the pages of posts' thing. Fake and unnecessary as town. Sounding out suspicion of Darthe.
In post 301, theslimer3 wrote:Titus is one of the people I'm seeing who's actually attacking and getting into people. Asking the right questions and capturing my eyes. I'll defend him.

And I'll be honest, from the getgo, when I started reading, I started singling out Darth.

I'm cautious of Voodoo, maybe she's inactive, forgivable, but id like some more content from you before you give commands about controlling a wagon.
More laying the groundwork against Darthe.
In post 303, theslimer3 wrote:What, no. Voodoo. She said she wants to see a counterclaim before a wagon forms.
that doesn't sit right with me because it looks like she's hoping for it so she can nk it.

There's no doctor in this setup so it's 5 scum and 5 town. Looks like a mafia wifom to me. So cop, don't you dare claim if you're really real unless you're L-1'd or lylo.

Rack up some Conf scum for us.

And Darthe, if you really are Cop, come here, I need your hand so you can facepalm for me
And again. If he really thought Darthe was scum of some flavor fakeclaiming, why not just let it go through and work accordingly from Day Three? If Robo hadn't been a werewolf, the town would have figured out Darthe was faking and acted accordingly; if he was and Darthe wasn't NK'd, again, town can figure out how to proceed the next day. Either way, all this does is cover theslimer3's tracks if he thinks he can get the Seer lynched the next day and sound out the likelihood others will go along with it.
In post 305, theslimer3 wrote:3 votes and a cop's warrant for your lynch. Robo, what say ye in your defense?
Asking partner to talk, faking meaningful interaction.
In post 357, theslimer3 wrote:We lose the cop and a mislynch for day one and we're boned. I will not allow a counterclaim this early, let's just see if he's the real deal.

And if Darth is Warewolf, he's not playing for his faction to win, he's taking a huge risk that will fall through pretty soon.

So my guess is if Darth is fake claiming, him and his buddies decided on who was wolf last night, and created this scheme.

Now I'm not saying Darth is the scum in this, I'm only taking the highest route of.caution for if he is. It doesn't hurt us as town to be on the defenses, so why not?
One little slip could cost us the game if not a really jacked up 2 rl week long WiFoM battle at lylo. And by that time wed be better off flipping a coin.

So what's the harm in waiting for robo to speak?
He's our prisoner, and I want him to talk
More fake town behavior, hoping his partner covers his tracks in turn.
In post 427, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 408, Robocopter87 wrote:AT THE RUBIKS CUBE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS

WHAT THE FRICK HAPPENED, WHY AM I BEING VOTED

DARTHE SERIOUSLY? IM VT WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING
Looks like

In post 408, Robocopter87 wrote:WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? THIS WASN'T WHAT WE PLANNED. THIS MAKES NO SENSE.
From a vt perspective, obviously fake (or sarcasm) From a wolf's perspective, he's flailing at confusion. A cop claim doesn't bring confusion usually, does it?
Still trying to undermine Darthe here, even as he busses.

And then Robo is lynched and a lot of the focus shifts to ferreting out Mafia. With the new balance, we have:
In post 847, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 845, BoroPhil wrote:oh ok I've googled it.
LMAO.

I'm focused on the wolf because like it or not, if he want's to survive, he has to team up with the town. And I'll be honest, I like the idea of a scum-town alliance. It provokes fun and excitement into the game that I've never had before.

But seriously I'm VT. A poor little old VT who has misfortune in this game :c

@Voodoo: I really was about to fight even more, but I realized how that wouldn't help anyone. So I gave up who I thought was scum and let things pass. (well 2 of them anyway)

I was always the one to stay alive for my own selfish reasons. A team mate only wanting to do things on his own. Well, there's no I in team. But there is a me >.>
But seriously. If we want to win this game, we'll need all the help we can get. No time for me to bitch and moan, it's my fault.
This is where he starts being unconventional. Acting like he wants to work with the werewolf and like the werewolf should out to avoid defeat at the hands of the Mafia. But he's the werewolf; proposing this gives him an ideal camouflage.
In post 997, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 992, Jennifer wrote:For me, mafia and wolf have to be two of Voodoo, Phil, and Slimer.
As far as I know, you pullled these names out of a hat.
In post 992, Jennifer wrote:I think Slimer has been pretty shady and doesn't feel like town to me, or trying to scumhunt and figure out the group.
I made it pretty clear that if I was wolf, I would claim.
And on the same note, I have scum hunted. I've lead the tumblewagon on ice against my own lynch and it succeeded. And I know you didn't read much so I'm being less harsh, but you should really check out those posts leading up to the lynch.
And suddenly we shift to hyperbolic theslimer3, saying the names were pulled out of a hat. Let's see now: Voodoo was Mafia, Phil was town, and theslimer3-CDB is: yeah, werewolf. Again, I have the advantage of having played with Jennifer before, where we were both town in Mini 1432 Clue Mafia. She does get scummier as time goes on, and I found her to be suspect in the late game there, but then actual scum got caught in a factual lie and we strung up the right person. She's not a bad scum hunter at all, and I don't think she pulled these names randomly. As I said earlier, I'd have thought BoroPhil was scum over theslimer3-CDB just based on yesterday's trajectory, but I now know she had the right pool of people.
In post 1132, theslimer3 wrote:
In post 727, Voodoo Lady wrote:Here's the deal-- if we lynch the wolf today we're at LyLo.

The wolf claims. We agree to keep the wolf alive under the condition that they serve as our vigilante until all the scum are dead. This effectively gives us a double lynch.

If the wolf fails to kill all the mafia and there are three players left, then they win the game if they place their vote on the scum. Thus, they are not playing against wincon. (And there's no way they can rig the scenario up like that, because not killing scum will make a mafia victory.
In post 1101, Voodoo Lady wrote:VOTE: Stubbs

Also, happy birthday, Slimer. :0)
Thanks for the birthday wish <3

And about that wolf claim plan, doesn't that seem townie to you all?
More playing up the 'oh, look how townie I am for reaching out to scum in a strategic fashion?' This is classic oddball play from theslimer3. And it also lets him pretend to be engaged with wolf-hunting without having to call out any suspects and actually hunt.

CDB came in yesterday and put together a case on my slot and was quite prepared to push it through at MyLo. I've been in situations where MyLo is no different than LyLo due to a conf-town being present without PRs, but that wasn't one of them. Two different players active in the slot, different tactics, same role PM: Werewolf.

I'll be around for a bit tonight (read: as long as I stay awake) if you have points you want to discuss about this.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:17 pm

In post 1315, penguin_alien wrote:When I glanced over the game before replacing in, I figured BoroPhil was the werewolf based on how he was supporting CDB's charge on Jennifer; not sure why CDB killed him.
You can't offer a reason why I would have killed him because there is none. Phil would have voted for you with me; there is no way that I would have nightkilled him.
CDB came in yesterday and put together a case on my slot and was quite prepared to push it through at MyLo. I've been in situations where MyLo is no different than LyLo due to a conf-town being present without PRs, but that wasn't one of them.
How dare I be right yesterday.

I appreciate you putting the effort in, penguin, but you did basically concede with that first quote there.
#greenshirtthursdays
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:11 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Yeah, about that: in the clear light of day, you killing BoroPhil makes sense--you can't kill yourself, you don't want to kill your supposed top scum suspect, and if you'd killed Stubbs, BoroPhil's not so impulsive a player that he'd vote without considering why neither you nor he was NK'd. Killing BoroPhil is the closest you can come to framing me.

Regarding your MyLo push on Jennifer, it would have been more convenient for you to mislynch an absentee slot; there's no town motive to lynch in that case.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:45 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Prodding StubbsKVM.

StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:36 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

In post 1316, ChannelDelibird wrote: You can't offer a reason why I would have killed him because there is none. Phil would have voted for you with me; there is no way that I would have nightkilled him.
This...

Is what I keep thinking too.

I'm very tempted to vote penguin, but I haven't gotten time to read his entire case, I just skimmed through it.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:39 am

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

end this
#greenshirtthursdays
StubbsKVM
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
StubbsKVM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:41 am

Post by StubbsKVM »

In post 1320, ChannelDelibird wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

end this
I am not rushing this after getting this far.
I can understand it's easy for you, instead of complaining, try and make it obvious for me.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:44 am

Sorry, I know this isn't the most productive behaviour in the world. It's super obvious to me because it just wasn't going to be either your or Phil, and we got to that point such a long time ago now. I can understand wanting to take your time but I explained why Jennifer was scum Yesterday, have since been proved entirely correct, with a nightkill that I would not have made in the meantime.
I don't know what else you need.
#greenshirtthursdays
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:27 am

Post by penguin_alien »

I've only seen Phil in action via modding a game he played, but I don't think he'd have blindly hammered, regardless of who was left alive.

Mod, I need to go V/LA for 48 hours; time-intensive company is in town. Thanks!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Bump.

Return to “Completed Open Games”