open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by DArby »

In post 1321, the worst wrote: appreciate you, i was fully expecting you to tell me to go away :lol:
I'm lightly bitchy but never maliciously lol.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 4:30 pm

Post by May »

locktown is a lot but i think it's a pretty green post

i am gonna pack for japan bye
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 4:31 pm

Post by DArby »

Have fun!
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 4:51 pm

Post by DArby »

I was going to write a bunch of stuff about potential theories in regards to info we could obtain from the flip/possible nk action, but I felt that was going to be too WIFOM/could easily be just not done to discredit my theory/is probably just basic mech talking points so it wouldn't serve much use anyway. Then I came to the realization that I don't think there's any further information I could get from today. I'd prefer Moros but I'm fine with tp. I don't have any strong coalition reads.

I'd like to give my intent to L-1 real time tomorrow unless there's any objections.
I'm giving my intent now vs voting because I don't want someone to lolhammer just yet.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:01 pm

Post by implosion »

Catching up from page 46.
In post 1151, May wrote: This is like one of the most analytically heavy games I've ever played so a complaint that open 914 isn't very analytical makes me think someone counts a lot of stuff floated in the game as not analytical because they're informed it's wrong
I don't think this fits with my experience of the game, and especially not with the time between coalition failing and me making that post. There were lots of voices that were essentially absent. But also this game hasn't felt like, specifically ultra analytical to me. Maybe I'm just an analytical player and so games I'm in tend to become analytically bent

Duck deciding to vote and push me is very out of left field to me given the way that he'd described his townread on me. Duck's trajectory on me is "i will throw a tantrum if implosion is not on coalition" -> "implosion is in my 7 top choices for coalition" -> coalition fails -> "I don't feel like it's tired person or implosion" -> "implosion feels like a misyeet" -> votes me, says that his read on me doesn't survive the failed coalition, and puts me at the bottom of his reads list. Which like, the fuck. I don't know what specifically the scum motivation is for 180ing on me with literally 0 justification but I just don't understand how duck as town can possibly be comfortable wholesale abandoning his read on me, a read that I got the sense was steeped in a fairly deep reading of the way I was playing this game compared to the previous game we were both town in, like it's certainly possible for duck town to change his mind on a read like that but i don't understand how it can come out of literally nowhere. Like ctrl+f'ing my name in duck's ISO just looks like someone spliced two different ISOs together.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:02 pm

Post by the worst »

How do you think it feels being inside my brain????!!!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:08 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1196, the worst wrote:
In post 1186, Moros wrote:
In post 1183, the worst wrote: ooohhh moros is town
In post 1184, the worst wrote: pedit: ooohhh moros is town
why now?
i think i've kind of waffled on you for a bit because you have lots of thoughts but they're often structured in ways that i don't naturally find ways to structure thoughts but the more i think back on it the more it sorta feels like we're seeing the same thing and drawing conclusions based on our experience. i'm also very washed up & trust my ability to cognitively process fairly closely to how much i value anyone else here's ability to cognitively process so it's probably fairly goofy of me to assume that because we're reaching different conclusions, we must be different alignments.

in a less wordy way maybe i just like that you say things and they seem like they're you and like you're consistently thinking about the game and idk if i vibe with the reasons i didn't commit to this read previously
This feels very LAMIST. I don't know if I buy the story that duck is sitting their deeply doubting all his opinions on everything and desperately looking for people to guide him and then he has this epiphany that actually Moros is town because Moros having different opinions from him doesn't make him scum. It just feels fake :\

I don't want to lim off coalition but I do agree with darby that duck is very scummy
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:16 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1212, May wrote: I'm pretty happy with the Moros thaw it seems like the same player from day zero now
Part of me agrees with this and part of me is concerned that the kind of posting Moros made on day zero does not measure up to my current standard of calling people town.
In post 1219, Moros wrote: i think that he was the first to reverse course which is the most significant one to me, because scum would be less eager to take me back off the table and they May wait for others to do it first.
I think in principle in this setup, scum off the coalition is not overly concerned with things like who in the coalition is on the table. That's what the scum on coalition is worried about, scum off coalition has to be the carry ultimately and so they need long term viability, which involves playing toward the coalition in a way that makes them look like town after their scumbuddy dies.
In post 1223, tired person wrote: so i can actually see the scumteam being implosion/may, especially cuz neither voted for the coalition (which as implosion said, it's dangerous to have both scum inside).
I think may also mentioned this but, both of us had effectively committed our votes to the coalition that passed, we just happened to be afk at the moment the votes went through. obviously a commitment to vote is not a vote but etc
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:27 pm

Post by implosion »

i can see moros's page 51 being pretty townie, it's a pretty in the moment way of like, moving thread momentum that might be dangerous for scum to want to do

When I mentioned liking that post from DArby i meant both that i agreed with it and that i thought it was townish for DArby. Reading it again i might not fully get the point about ceejay tbh but it kind of feels like there is something there. I don't like put a ton of stock in it per se but i think the slot is scummy obviously since i just said that twice
In post 1228, tired person wrote:
In post 1173, the worst wrote: i literally do not value any of my reads rn
i value ur implosion scumread.
do you value it for any reason other than it being a read you also have because worst has very literally said a negative amount to explain why he scumreads me
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:33 pm

Post by implosion »

i am caught up.

I feel a little self aware that me pivoting on moros is an auspicious thing to do while the wagons are at 3-3 me-tiredperson. And I feel conflicted on moros right now, I don't agree with the strength of townread that the thread seems to have on it right now but I'm kind of okay with going for tired person. tired person's thread activity has become very bursty in a way that i don't love, i think the stuff that they posted that has felt town to me is sort of the way they were talking to/sorting me but it's a lot easier to fake that sort of thing in bursts. like they made 7 posts in a row, before they made like 10 posts in a row, etc with not much in between spurts. I think at this point I'm happy with them being the lim (which it seems like is the likely outcome at this exact moment possibly even without my vote. though obviously if this is the choice i'm picking them regardless of how happy i am

I think that may is probably the person that i'm actually in practice supposed to be reading through PoE after getting more confident reads on the other people and i think if at this exact moment tired person flipped town and it was d2 i would vote for may but i also really don't feel fantastic about my reads in general so etc.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:34 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1330, the worst wrote: How do you think it feels being inside my brain????!!!
What would you say your playstyle is with regards to reads as scum? I.e. when I'm scum 99% of the time I try to give the reads that I think I would have as town. Do you generally try to do that or do you pick and choose reads that you think will be useful in the situation or something else/in between?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Tue May 14, 2024 8:59 pm

Post by the worst »

i do what feels good :? i don't know if i have, like, a straightforward to answer to that

your reads feel political rn too
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 1:28 am

Post by Black »

Yeah I suppose duck could be scum. They seem a little different than the town game I played with them but I can't seem to pinpoint exactly what it is
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 1:36 am

Post by Black »

In post 1310, DArby wrote: Hey I’m glad everyone thinks I’m town but I was hoping for a response in what I actually said or if that makes sense as an argument
I could see it. I think scum is probably more likely to acknowledge the difference in play and casually brush it off as opposed to town who would probably try to defend themselves a bit more. Though I could be applying what I would do to the situation. In general I think I'm a lot more defensive against these type of accusations as town
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 3:10 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1336, the worst wrote: i do what feels good :? i don't know if i have, like, a straightforward to answer to that

your reads feel political rn too
Can you explain what you mean by political?
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 5:23 am

Post by DArby »

Right now if I had to guess i feel scum is between:

{exp, the worst} and {tp, moros}

If Black is scum gg. If May or Implo is scum we might have a chance still.

Depending on how tp flips I think town might do well going outside of the coalition. But ig we’ll see what happens when it happens
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 5:23 am

Post by DArby »

Oh I forgot tsa, sorry. You’re still a null read but if you’re scum I’m sure we’ll get you :)
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 5:26 am

Post by May »

I dropped a coke all over my socks I hate travelling
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 5:34 am

Post by May »

Burst posting is usually a tiebreaker I wish I had a smoking gun.

This elimination doesn't feel like it's on unambiguous scum but everyone else has done something more townreadable
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 5:34 am

Post by Black »

In post 1342, May wrote: I dropped a coke all over my socks I hate travelling
*hugs*
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 5:43 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1343, May wrote: Burst posting is usually a tiebreaker I wish I had a smoking gun.

This elimination doesn't feel like it's on unambiguous scum but everyone else has done something more townreadable
Any objection to me playing my L-1 vote right now?
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 5:44 am

Post by DArby »

In post 1342, May wrote: I dropped a coke all over my socks I hate travelling
:(
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 6:14 am

Post by Moros »

i'm confused by the worst's reactions to the questions about his implosion read progression. there is a lack of interest in illumination which feels out of character. i don't know what it means about his alignment.
experience
experience
Goon
experience
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2024 10:27 am

Post by experience »

i just woke up.
i'll post more later today.
schadd_
schadd_