Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Yates »

I'm not 100% convinced on Monkey's buddies but Monkey gotsta go.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 am

Post by RichardGHP »

Vote Count 4.3
With 6 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch. Deadline for Day 4 is in (expired on 2013-02-16 17:41:00)
Matt-Shadowlord
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Post by Matt-Shadowlord »

In post 1349, Norlkaz wrote:Okay, I have decided that Monkey is today's lynch.
VOTE: Monkey
TCS is his buddy, though I'll admit I don't have evidence totally ruling out Qwints.
Yates and Matt are not for lynching.

That's a match to qwints' view as stated here, so since we need 4 it's the most likely lynch:

In post 1326, qwints wrote:I'm leaning monket and tcs as scum. I'll post more next week. Phone only access to Sunday.

Of the two, I have a stronger opinion against TCS. That's based on voting patterns, plus things like the below hammer vote that has sort of a 'How will this look tomorrow' ring to it.

In post 1298, The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Normally I wouldn't want to quicklynch a lurker, and this is probably the dumbest thing ever, but:
VOTE: Alduskkel

In short, why MM then TCS rather than TCS then MM?
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

We cannot win if Monkey is town because his derpvote will mislynch Yates in lylo.
Therefore we must lynch monkey and hope that he is scum.

As a bonus, Monkey actually is scum.
I believe that the D1 attention to HD from Monkey & TCS was organized in the scum dayQT, particularly considering Monkey's sketchy abandonment without having another scumread ready.
With that in mind, Monkey's voting record is just as bad as that of TCS; he just happened to have his vote on HD when that lynch went through.
Monkey has repeatedly voted players he did not have as a top scumread in order to get them lynched.
He entered D2 with a penguin(town) vote, switched to HD when momentum went in that direction, put his vote on Aldus when Aldus was a potential counter-option to HD, and then made sure to be on HD's wagon for the final D2 votecount. He also attemped to set up the HD scumflip as a reason to immediately pursue Yates the following day.
As HF / Yates have pointed out, Monkey also has had poor or absurd reasons for most of his votes.
Now that I can see a scum line of thought underlying those votes, the poor logic behind them is a much bigger deal.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Is there an indication that TCS intended to vote for HD?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

And just because you don't like the reasons for my votes doesn't make me scum. I'd be more worried about people that have had anti-town votes every step in the game.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

In post 1354, MonkeyMan576 wrote:Is there an indication that TCS intended to vote for HD?

Yes
In post 1355, MonkeyMan576 wrote:And just because you don't like the reasons for my votes doesn't make me scum. I'd be more worried about people that have had anti-town votes every step in the game.

Spoken like a true scumbag.
This post strongly reminds me of HD's replies to my cases on him, in that you are making a statement I already took into account and pretending it is a refutation.
Your bad reasons make you scum :BECAUSE: YOU have had scum motivated votes at every step of the game.

1-2 is not significantly different from 0-3.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:09 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I don't think my motivations have been any scummier than any other player. I think you are looking for a scapegoat.
Matt-Shadowlord
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:21 am

Well answered.
Vote: MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I still don't see how my play is scummier than Yates or Central, and you have no information to gain from my lynch, so this is really a bad idea.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by qwints »

VOTE: MonkeyMan

TCS can go tomorrow given his distancing without a vote on Monkey today.
Matt-Shadowlord
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:47 pm

That might depend on the flip. That's the full 4 votes, so now the moment of truth approaches while we wait for the mod!
Unless you want to confess and go out in a blaze of glory Monkey --I never quite understood why so many mafia players insist on pretending to be town even after the lynch has gone through.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

In post 1360, qwints wrote:VOTE: MonkeyMan

TCS can go tomorrow given his distancing without a vote on Monkey today.

I've made only poor decisions so far this game. If it's not lylo tomorrow, I support your lynch of me. Otherwise, you'd be making a mistake.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

There won't be a tomorrow, right?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Post by qwints »

If you're serious monkey, then that was your regular brand of truly horrific town play.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:20 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Um, I don't think you can point to me as being any worse than anyone else. The town was horrible this game all the way around.
Matt-Shadowlord
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:28 pm

In post 1363, MonkeyMan576 wrote:There won't be a tomorrow, right?

If you're town, then yeah we're unlikely to get a 'Tomorrow'! But from the way the question is phrased it doesn't sound like you're still claiming Town, so you're more likely Mafia and we can look forward to waking up as 3v1.
Well whatever happens its been a very interesting game. Tomorrow can sort its own problems out.
Matt-Shadowlord
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:37 pm

In post 1350, Yates wrote:I'm not 100% convinced on Monkey's buddies but Monkey gotsta go.

@Yates - you got the Monkey lynch you wanted for so long.
If there's time before the nightfall, how about a view on the remaining Mafia? This isn't an attempt to kick off tomorrow's final debate early, but you're curiously reticent about naming a second suspect.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I've played pretty poorly this game... overconfident early and under later. If it's like, Yates/Norlkaz, good work?
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:14 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Vote Count 4.4
With 6 alive, it took 4 votes to lynch.

MonkeyMan576 has been lynched. He was a
MAFIA GOON
. It is now Night 4. The deadline is in (expired on 2013-02-13 02:14:29). Mehdi2277
should
be back by now, but just in case, please send any actions to both him and myself.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Yates was killed. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

The Central Scrutinizer was killed. He was a
Vanilla Townie.

Note: Opened a bit early since otherwise you'd be stuck waiting til I got home from school tomorrow.

Day 5 Start

Current VC 5.1Not Voting: Norlkaz, qwints, Matt-Shadowlord

With 3 alive it will take 2 votes to Lynch.
Deadline is on February, 23rd. That is in (expired on 2013-02-23 02:14:29)
Matt-Shadowlord
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Sorry TCS, I thought it was down to either you or qwints who was the remaining mafia, and had to go with the slightly more likely of the two.

I dedicate this victory to the memory of noble TCS, cut down before his prime.
Vote : qwints
Matt-Shadowlord
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:59 pm

Oh and norlkaz, I am power claiming even night vig, which I suspect you knew already. The other players seemed oblivious to the fact the extra kill was on the wrong night :)
Matt-Shadowlord
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Matt-Shadowlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:42 pm

I reckon at this stage, Qwints' best and only bet is to try convince you that it is him who is a Vigilante (obviously he's not going to try convince me lol).

Since time zones mean noone else is online, I might as well use the time to build the last case of the game.

I assumed either you or Yates would be killed as the most confirmed townies. If the game wasn't ended by my hitting TCS, then Yates/Norlkaz, me and mafia-Qwints would be left alive this morning. I was convinced you and Yates are town, so due to the numbers it actually didn't matter if the player I hit was the townie or the mafia player, as long as I could convince the my fellow Townie that I was the Vigilante.

The Mafia would probably be surprised that there was a Vig still in the game at all, since they expected it to be a 3v1 (Matt, Norl, Qwints, TCS) this morning. Qwints was gearing up to push for a lynch on TCS today http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p4711032 , and would then kill you tonight.

How would you know if Qwints or I was the Vig?

Looking back, there have been a number of times in the game where I have been pretty obviously playing for 'tomorrows lynch', ie trying to get the next target after the one we are trying to lynch on the individual day. For example http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4708575 trying to get a second target for Night 2.

Or this one, which I posted in hopes Yates would say who his next target was.
In post 1367, Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
In post 1350, Yates wrote:I'm not 100% convinced on Monkey's buddies but Monkey gotsta go.

@Yates - you got the Monkey lynch you wanted for so long.
If there's time before the nightfall, how about a view on the remaining Mafia? This isn't an attempt to kick off tomorrow's final debate early, but you're curiously reticent about naming a second suspect.

(I thought Yates was more likely to be alive today than you).

The case I tried to make against Arcangel9 turned out to be incorrect, but meant that for better or worse she was my primary target at that time, and AFAIK nobody else's. It seemed everyone put it down to the Vig, but as you know they flipped as Odd night vig, and this was night 2 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p4687835

BTW I know you were trying to send a message for the Vig to kill Ald; IF Human Destroyer had flipped as town, I would have killed Alduskel for you as I said here http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4687800 (was 'Hi I'm a Vig and I'm going to kill Ald for you' too subtle lol). Since HD flipped Mafia, I went with the target I considered to be linked to him and got Arcangel instead. (That might be for the best, or it would have been so obvious I was the vig who killed Ald that the mafia would have killed me before and we'd have a very different end game composition)

Next, why hit TCS instead of Qwints? No offence to TCS, but with it being almost a 50/50 between him and Qwints, I had to count the voting record as the deciding factor.

In post 1352, Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
In post 1349, Norlkaz wrote:Okay, I have decided that Monkey is today's lynch.
VOTE: Monkey
TCS is his buddy, though I'll admit I don't have evidence totally ruling out Qwints.
Yates and Matt are not for lynching.

That's a match to qwints' view as stated here, so since we need 4 it's the most likely lynch:

In post 1326, qwints wrote:I'm leaning monket and tcs as scum. I'll post more next week. Phone only access to Sunday.

Of the two, I have a stronger opinion against TCS. That's based on voting patterns, plus things like the below hammer vote that has sort of a 'How will this look tomorrow' ring to it.

In post 1298, The Central Scrutinizer wrote:Normally I wouldn't want to quicklynch a lurker, and this is probably the dumbest thing ever, but:
VOTE: Alduskkel

Besides, since the maths means it doesn't matter if I got the townie or the mafia as long as we start today with 3 players, the priority was I be able to convince the remaining townie that I was the Vig. That means I had to stick with the one I said I would hit in advance:

In post 1366, Matt-Shadowlord wrote:
Well whatever happens its been a
v
ery
i
nteresting
g
ame.
T
omorrow
c
an
s
ort its own problems out.

So there you go. I'm an even night vigilante, who has played like an even night vigilante all game. Let's win.
Norlkaz
Norlkaz
Goon
Norlkaz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Post by Norlkaz »

I think I believe you but I'll reread tomorrow or Thurs at latest.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”