FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:16 am

Post by FakeGod »

In post 1345, Untrod Tripod wrote:I've just been in the mafia PT yelling at no one for the past month

it's been kind of weird

we could hear your screams

and responded back in kind
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:23 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'm mobile right now or I'd say more.

Great game though. Some of the post restrictions were pretty funny. I have no idea what sparked nachos but it amused me greatly.

Also ffery used her restriction great.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:26 am

Post by Muffin »

This was a thoroughly enjoyable game! Thanks mods for running it.

GG all
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:51 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

@Titus: Ya, I got upset at the end because it had been slowly occurring to me that UT was scum at the end of the first Day but I wanted to be right about Egg.

When Egg got NK'd it became super obvious to me that UT was the only one who would make that kill so I started going for it and then I got more frustrated that I was late to the party but no one really seemed to care and help me wagon him.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:04 am

Post by Bookitty »

To be fair, you were pushing equal amounts of suspicion my way on the Egg kill and that didn't help to make you look town to me since I knew my own alignment :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:20 am

Post by pirate mollie »

this game cracked me up. I really enjoyed it for all of the 10 posts I was in it.

ut you naughty little scumbag <3

oh ap I was sad when you got lynched! <3
whew!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:25 am

Post by kuribo »

Thanks everyone who played.

I know from Polite Mafia how hard post restriction games are. The PRs for this game were deliberately less restrictive than that game, but I still had a blast moderating it with DGB and FakeGod. I definitely prefer modding and doing flavor rather than playing at this point. The spiritual successor to Polite Mafia was a success, I'd say, considering Id been begging DGB to run a sequel for years.

Tripod- you did great considering the position you were in. I think Pine site flaked, or had at the time. I told DGB the other day that if I'd been in your shoes, I'd no kill night 6 and claim to be a doc that protected the Mason. But then a jail keeper had already flipped, so. The worst the town could have done would be to no-lynch. Or disbelieve you, I dunno.

Falcon getting killed was fortunate for the mod team in a way since he got site banned a few weeks later.

Scum got lucky early on with their role copping. And then town started steamrolling them.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:26 am

Post by fferyllt »

I was shocked when i found that ap had been hammered. I don't think town played a great game but i did think we would win it.

and I think there would have been a better chance of lynching UT a day earlier if I had been the nk instead of nacho!

more when I'm not phoneposting.

Gg!

and great flavor and moderation!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:35 am

Post by pirate mollie »

thanks for the game kuribo, dgb and fg!
whew!
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:38 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1379, Bookitty wrote:To be fair, you were pushing equal amounts of suspicion my way on the Egg kill and that didn't help to make you look town to me since I knew my own alignment :)

I said it -could- have been you but that it was unlikely. Titus definitely wouldn't have done it. Ffery was conftown all the way to the bank. I thought therewas a slight chance it could have been you, but I was voting UT because I was 90% sure it was just UT at that point.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:42 am

Post by Titus »

@ika, I saw your comments in the mafia PT.

My PR was technically make disparaging comments to someone using an animal and an item, since I kinda figured you were scum not able to fake content, I went with that. Sorry if I hurt you.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:44 am

Post by Titus »

@FFerylt/AP/Boo I would like your feedback on how to have convinced you Egg was town better and faster. I was trying to be polite as possible but I wasn't going to let anyone sully Egg/NS once I figured they were town.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:55 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1386, Titus wrote:@FFerylt/AP/Boo I would like your feedback on how to have convinced you Egg was town better and faster. I was trying to be polite as possible but I wasn't going to let anyone sully Egg/NS once I figured they were town.

Ditch the scum wagon vca argument as a game cracker. It isn't and your insistence it was was scary to me as your teammate.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:16 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I actually meant what I said about your VCA thing

it doesn't matter how right you happen to be, the way you present it is fucking obnoxious
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Titus »

@Ffery/UT... but it is...

So basically you disagreed with me??

I'm trying here, but my VCA does ferret out conftowns and I believe that and I'm not going to have them lynched. I just don't want it to be said as obnoxious but sheeped.

How many more times does it have to be right to be true?

I am trying to improve but just telling me I'm wrong is unfortunate and my view inaccurate and does nothing to help me improve.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:34 am

Post by T-Bone »

Sorry UT, at the time I replaced out I had no time for mafia and wanted to give Brantz a fighting chance by having an active scum partner (that worked out).

Also I was about 1 minute too late nailing Titus and another player (AP I think?) with a modkill on Day 2...that was disappointing
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:38 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1388, Untrod Tripod wrote:it doesn't matter how right you happen to be, the way you present it is fucking obnoxious

reading is tech

I'm sure it's more accurate than anything in my toolkit (though still not the 100% you present it as), but when it takes you until 3p lylo to lynch a scum that EVERYONE IN THE GAME knows you have dead to rights, you really need to reconsider your approach
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:39 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1390, T-Bone wrote:Sorry UT, at the time I replaced out I had no time for mafia and wanted to give Brantz a fighting chance by having an active scum partner (that worked out).

Also I was about 1 minute too late nailing Titus and another player (AP I think?) with a modkill on Day 2...that was disappointing

that's why I'm less mad at you <3
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1391, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1388, Untrod Tripod wrote:it doesn't matter how right you happen to be, the way you present it is fucking obnoxious

reading is tech

I'm sure it's more accurate than anything in my toolkit (though still not the 100% you present it as), but when it takes you until 3p lylo to lynch a scum that EVERYONE IN THE GAME knows you have dead to rights, you really need to reconsider your approach

REading is tech.

That's why I am asking these questions. :facepalm:
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

nothing is 100% accurate

that's really where your views diverge from everyone else's :P

there's really no hard and fast answer to why you aren't convincing people of your reads, other than that your approach is not particularly convincing
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

basically what I think it boils down to is that people want to feel like you are working with them, and you present your analysis as "this is how it is, I am infallible, and you're fucking stupid if you disagree with me"

I'm not saying that is what you're intending, but it is the message that I think comes across

I say this as someone who would love to see you improve because your analytical skills are frightening
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Titus »

Yeah.. the problem is the facts are the facts... :S So I'm not sure why people are implying some ego contest when I just try to repeatedly explain that the same thing has worked before and repeatedly so... I get if people are confused that's one thing and I would get that.. but when people ignore that without a reason, it gets frustrating.

I finally got a reason out of Ffery (that she felt mafia wasn't breakable that way). That's something I could comprehend and have a motivational reason WHY she was refusing but it took a lot to get that out of her.

I'd rather not have this happen again.

I'd also like more specific than "reconsider your approach". I've been trying to improve my approach, but it's not working.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:09 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1396, Titus wrote:Yeah.. the problem is the facts are the facts... :S So I'm not sure why people are implying some ego contest when I just try to repeatedly explain that the same thing has worked before and repeatedly so... I get if people are confused that's one thing and I would get that.. but when people ignore that without a reason, it gets frustrating.

a. people are not rational actors
b. only the scum and you know if you're town, so every post you make has an implied caveat of "but she could be scum, so take that with a grain of salt"
c. even your help me get better responses here seem to be coming from a place of you thinking you know better than everyone else. you need to ditch that attitude if you want to improve at a game that is more or less just competitive arguing. it's not what you know. it's not what you can prove. it's not what's right or true. it's what you can convince people of. if you aren't successful at convincing people to work with you, you are ignoring over *half* of the skillset.

again, there isn't a concrete answer here and there isn't one simple thing you can do to improve your ability to convince people to do what you want.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:13 am

Post by saulres »

In post 1396, Titus wrote:the problem is the facts are the facts... :S So I'm not sure why people are implying some ego contest when I just try to repeatedly explain that the same thing has worked before and repeatedly so...

I had a very reliable scumtell. If someone was posting multiple places onsite, including other game threads, and not in the game thread I was playing, they were scum. Invariably. Every. Single. Time.

Until this one time, when they weren't.

So repeating it and repeating it comes off as obnoxious. This doesn't: "This has always worked for me before. Always. I'm not guaranteeing it will work again, but as we're approaching deadline and have lynches to burn, can we compromise on this and give it a chance?" And then you look for other things to bolster your claim.

That's my $.02
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Titus »

a. I have a problem with assuming that.
b. partially, I can see that
c. :S How is it arrogant to say something's going wrong and I need help persuading? I'm aware that I need to persuade people, but I am not feeling that you're understanding this is a legit effort.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”