Graveyard Shift Mafia - ROLL CREDITS

Serene2
Serene2
Goon
Serene2
Goon
Goon
Location: A firm yet supple Moon of Caltech, hanging sensuously above the cool night

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Serene2 »

In post 1446, Infinite Jesters wrote:CAN WE PLZ LYNCH SERENE NOW
the fact that you can't tell when i'm joking just goes back to the fact that you can't read me
Paraphrasing a role PM is as easy as taking the "mafias" out of "mafiascum," fabricating a good fakeclaim is... sorry, I still got nothing.

Serene II- Electric Buddhaloo! Sequel to the BEST. HYDRA. EVERRRRR!! (besterest hydra ever)
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Post by The Critic »

It is now a Night Shift.

Aronis
BROseidon
Dry-fit
FourteenPointFive
hiplop
iamausername
PeregrineV
The Goat
xRECKONERx

Episode 2, Shift A.8 (Day), VC 1Bird and Beast (3) - Serene2, Venmar, MrZepher
Dry-fit (2) - Bird and Beast, AGar
Serene2 (2) - ika, infinte jesters
MrZepher (1) - Svenskt Stal

Not Voting (12): ~Jordan', Brian Skies, Zdenek, Aronis, BROseidon, Dry-fit, FourteenPointFive, hiplop, iamausername, PeregrineV, The Goat, xRECKONERx

With 20 alive, it is 11 to lynch.

The Shift will switch in (expired on 2014-04-19 23:00:00).
The Episode will end in (expired on 2014-05-01 23:00:00).
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

LETS JUST LYNCH SERENE
whew!
Infinite Jesters
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Infinite Jesters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by Infinite Jesters »

In post 1452, pirate mollie wrote:LETS JUST LYNCH SERENE
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Infinite Jesters' whole thing about thinking Serene is actually third party is making me doubt my read on that slot.
BirdAndBeast wrote:Since I still feel good about that one I think. Turned on us for "our reaction to Serene being bad". Lol excuse me? I was calling their claim meaningless all Day and I was right. Take a long walk off a short gallows.
Well here's the part that bother me.
BirdAndBeast wrote:Are you guys even pretending to be town any more?
Why would you think this claim would make Serene scum unless you think Serene is in a 1v1 with you? You didn't consider that it was a fakeclaim, which looking through the links for those so called crumbs would have just about confirmed to you, or that Serene was wrong about the sanity stuff and their result actually proved you town. Those are the possibilities townies would look at, but it wasn't what you did. You acted like Serene had a real guilty on you or something.
AGar wrote:Dry-Fit starts off with "helpful" nuggets of "We should lynch from Night shift." Whatever.
Next post is a twofer - starts with hypocritical point about "trying too hard to say protown things" and then completely contradicts his first post and votes for Zepher.
You really want to push this thing that hypocrisy is a scumtell huh? The last player to do that to me flipped scum. It's the kind of argument scum love to push because being hypocritical is an objective thing rather than something subjective, so it's less likely to be picked apart by other players. I believe there's no such thing as hypocrisy in scumhunting, but that's another story. It wasn't even hypocrisy in this case because I explained that I found you scummy for the
way
you went about it, not just the fact you were posting protown stuff.

Vote: AGar.

BirdAndBeast is also a good lynch but I 'm more sure on AGar. I could see a possibility of B&B being town, but no so much with AGar.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Hey guys.

Some personal stuff happened today that's made me not really able to mafia right now. I'm gonna do a read tomorrow and post thoughts.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

VOTE: seren2
rage this
green shirt thursdays
The Goat
The Goat
Mafia Scum
The Goat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:37 am

Post by The Goat »

1) Apologies for being stupid and not working with Bro to set up the hammer properly.

2) Sven: Look at the last game we played together, then tell me how scummy I am again.

3) While I'm inclined to vote Serene, I'm gonna reread. That gambit that was pulled a could days ago really rubbed me the wrong way.

A reread may happen later today, or may happen tomorrow. I work from home, and my kids are off from school. They're demons.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:54 am

Post by hiplop »

the possibility of a crossbus here is pretty likely i think. This doesn't really seem like townvtown or scumvtown.

dont we gain more if we kill bnb and then serene? If bnb flips and serene isn't gone, that essentially confscums them, doesnt it? While on the other hand if serene flips town or lyncher, it really doesnt indicate anything about BnB.

For this reason i think BnB makes more sense today as a lynch VOTE: bnb2
third best scummer of all time
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

stahp no i need BnB to be town don't do it
green shirt thursdays
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Why are we not talking about a steal-winning lyncher, though?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by BROseidon »

win-stealing*

Might get to this tonight, will def get to it tomorrow morning if not tonight.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Also we should ignore Zora's self-hammer post stuff. He's bsing because he probably made some associative stuff pretty obvious.
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by FourteenPointFive »

I'm just going to post in case my internet decides to fail again (that's unlikely, but whatever)
In post 1302, BirdAndBeast wrote:So I'm totally out of the game right now.
But I recently did some reminiscing about a past scumgame of mine.
In here, I gave extensive feedback to Zdenek which said, "You're good."

Old game, three years ago, something I had completely forgotten about, but still, shows my attitude towards Z isn't new. I had forgotten my attitude, and it's since come back, butyeah. Thought it vaguely relevant.
So you're openly admitting you've done the game thing again here?
In public now even
In post 1458, hiplop wrote:the possibility of a crossbus here is pretty likely i think. This doesn't really seem like townvtown or scumvtown.

dont we gain more if we kill bnb and then serene? If bnb flips and serene isn't gone, that essentially confscums them, doesnt it? While on the other hand if serene flips town or lyncher, it really doesnt indicate anything about BnB.

For this reason i think BnB makes more sense today as a lynch VOTE: bnb2
I would say it can at least wait until we get whatever the new shifts turn out to be tomorrow, but it is correct that one of them needs to die today.
I'm going around in circles with my personal read of B&B, I'm basically going to just want their lynchto stop the thread having so many posts.
While I'm honestly not believing any of the lyncher claim, Serene would be the better of the two lynches to go through simply because they've been doing the carnival on lunacy all game.

Cheery out.
FourteenPointFive
FourteenPointFive
Goon
FourteenPointFive
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Post by FourteenPointFive »

In post 1460, BROseidon wrote:Why are we not talking about a steal-winning lyncher, though?
because those are stupid if they exist in a large game.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:28 am

Post by The Critic »

It is now a Night Shift.

Aronis
BROseidon
Dry-fit
FourteenPointFive
hiplop
iamausername
PeregrineV
The Goat
xRECKONERx

Episode 2, Shift A.8 (Night), VC 2Bird and Beast (4) - Serene2, Venmar, MrZepher, hiplop
Serene2 (3) - ika, infinte jesters, xRECKONERx
AGar (1) - Dry-fit

Not Voting (9): ~Jordan', Brian Skies, Zdenek, Aronis, BROseidon, FourteenPointFive, iamausername, PeregrineV, The Goat

The Shift will switch in (expired on 2014-04-19 23:00:00).

iamausername has received a (much-overdue) prod.
Last edited by The Critic on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:55 am

Post by BROseidon »

Okay, powering through this now.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:07 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Hiplop how in the world does it confscum Serene if B&B flips town? Why are people considering the possibility that Serene is actually a lyncher? Where is the rest of night shift?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:42 am

Post by BROseidon »

Before my wall, a quick note.

Given that I stay alive only through B8, it would probably behoove us to try to get in as many lynches as we can reasonably feel good about in that time. It gives me more associative tells to work with, which, as anyone who knows how I play should know, is my primary means of scumhunting.

Ideally, we could get the next lynch to occur during B2-3, with another lynch then on B6 or B7. That would give me 1 shift with 3 flips to work out some VCA stuff before I die.

Okay, here’re my thoughts about the Zora ISO+the last day shift.
In post 421, zoraster wrote:Part of the way mafia works is because people are at risk of being lynched every time they speak. For example, I made a post and you responded that it was "opportnistic" and "vague doubtcasting" etc. That in turn allows me to better read your alignment -- would you have really said that if you were town, etc. -- and I respond.

But what you do when you say, "oh, we must lynch from Shift 1" is (a) remove yourself [that kind of self-preservation is more scum than town] and (b) rob us of actual analysis of each other. You say we can get associative tells only voting for Shift 1, but I don't see why we can't have that playing more organically. These opening day in particular it seems to me to make far more sense to have a starting point within our own shift and only move over when we see something we don't like in particular.

Explain to me why "alignment links" between shifts are more valuable than within shifts? Particularly with the knowledge that our shifts are likely going to change at some point. I'm not saying we can't talk about what's going on in the other shift or even vote for those in the other shift (eventually obviously one shift will have to vote for those in another). But I have literally no idea why we'd mandate attacking people who couldn't even theoretically defend until 48 hours later.

Your approach seems motivated by a desire not to be considered as one of the lynch targets. My reaction to that is to make you one of the lynch targets.

---
By the way, I absolutely agree that posting too much content is "bad" but bad isn't scummy, and with a few notable exceptions, I'd rather lynch scummy than bad.
This post is important. He spent a lot of time harping on theory points that are kind of self-evident, which is a tactic I use a lot as scum for cheap townpoints (and it even worked on me here!)

Unfortunately, this post also clears the dead townie :/

The fact that he mentioned that he didn’t know his scum mates on his way out makes me think he was trying to hide something somewhere, but nothing in his ISO pops out as that thing. Maybe he was trying to obfuscate something in another person’s ISO?
In post 1235, Zdenek wrote:This seems weird for a buddy to say.
Really, because this does read like something a buddy would say. Notice the “omg those votes suck” into “I’m only leaning town on Zora.”
In post 1235, Zdenek wrote:There was also BnB accusing me of bussing Zor. That makes me so fucking angry.
Your post reads as fairly not-angry, though.
In post 1251, MrZepher wrote:what's interesting is that BnB pushed hard for the agar lynch

and agar is completely uninterested in lynching BnB.

but they're both going for obviscum dry-fit.
You should do more with this.

Feeling less bad about AGar at this point.
In post 1271, Svenskt Stål wrote:In Anything goes, modded by our mod, this was a role

MollaDoni [Spring Awakening], Scum Traitor Usurper, Lynched D2

I think his wincondition was to lynch a specific scum player.
A mafia usurper has to win with the scum team while making sure that a certain member of the scum team gets lynched (sometimes before them, sometimes at any point).

This is pretty basic shit, and I shouldn’t have to be explaining this.
In post 1281, ika wrote:is goat town?
is bnb still town after the DL and zort flips?
what do you think of DL reads?
based off zorts flip, who do you consider is scum?
do the activity i asked? color all names red yellow and green. no reads.
what questions do you have for day shift/me.
Maybe
Probably
Forgot what they were. I also don’t have much experience with how well town-titus reads on day 1.
Venmar and Zdenek are looking particularly bad right now. Serene also probably has to go at some point
No. Lazy
Lololololol
In post 1320, Svenskt Stål wrote:
Brosedion

1. I want to lynch venmar or zepher or thegoat, not fucking dry fit or bnb. Where do you stand on this?

2. I am totally clueless as to how I should approach serene, what should be done here?
1) I’m on board with Venmar. I have slightly good feels about Zeph, and no feels about Goat. I don’t want to lynch BnB and don’t think dry-fit is of huge concern either.

2) Yeah I still think lyncher. Like, I respect kuribo as a player enough to think that he would approach the game trying to ignore AP over death-tunneling him for marginal reasons. Then again, AP hasn’t exactly helped the interactions here. If we don’t hit like 2 scum in out next 4 lynches, a PL here to clear this shit up would be worth considering.
In post 1366, BirdAndBeast wrote:At brian: phone post now going to dinner. You trust them to be REALLY GOOD? Enough that they are better than other people here notably that you care? Enough to override the possibility that they're just mafia and going to ml lots of people? You think they are amazingly better than me who you credit ed with finding the scum team in ag....you praised me for that earlier THIS GAMW.

So you ask why not serene. I asl.... why serene?
Basically my thoughts.
In post 1384, Serene2 wrote:
In post 1368, Serene2 wrote:
In post 1366, BirdAndBeast wrote:At brian: phone post now going to dinner. You trust them to be REALLY GOOD? Enough that they are better than other people here notably that you care? Enough to override the possibility that they're just mafia and going to ml lots of people?
You think they are amazingly better than me who you credit ed with finding the scum team in ag
....you praised me for that earlier THIS GAMW.

the italics part makes me want to read this post in Hannibal Lecter's voice

brb
This post just made my day.
In post 1399, BirdAndBeast wrote:Yes technically lyncher can be on scum but in practice aren't for balance reasons
Yeah this.
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5830964#p5830964]post 1437[/url], Serene2 wrote:orrrrrr option 3, they're perfectly fine letting the shitstorm play its course and figure town will help them lynch

i'm gonna be thinking this over during the night shift
Hence why you should get my desire to lynch the fuck out of Venmar.

Well they all went AFK and I had personal issues in the middle of the shift so…

VOTE: Venmar

The bnb lynch is a scum-designated mislynch off of Serene’s lyncher stuff.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:43 am

Post by BROseidon »

Like, think about this for like 15 seconds.

BnB's town. I'm pretty confident in my read there.

We lynch them, which gives us 1 fewer mislynch to work with. It also removes Serene from the game, which does nothing for town.

A vig shooting BnB to conftown themselves at some point is the closest thing to an "optimal" play (and it's only optimal if you aren't sure BnB's town)
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Reck what happened to ignoring all the stuff happening in the other shift?

C'mon Andy!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1470, Dry-fit wrote:Reck what happened to ignoring all the stuff happening in the other shift?
i got bored @ work last week
green shirt thursdays
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by Aronis »

This is really confusing. And the Day/Night shifts make it worse. So Serene is claiming guilty on Bird and Beast?
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by The Critic »

There is a new Shift Distribution.

It is now a Day Shift.

Aronis
BROseidon
Dry-fit
FourteenPointFive
hiplop
iamausername
PeregrineV
The Goat
xRECKONERx
Venmar

Episode 2, Shift B.1 (Day), VC 1Bird and Beast (4) - Serene2, Venmar, MrZepher, hiplop
Serene2 (3) - ika, infinte jesters, xRECKONERx
AGar (1) - Dry-fit
Venmar (1) - BROseidon

Not Voting (8): ~Jordan', Brian Skies, Zdenek, Aronis, FourteenPointFive, iamausername, PeregrineV, The Goat

The Shift will switch in (expired on 2014-04-21 23:00:00).

PeregrineV is V/LA until 5/21.
iamausername must post during his next shift (this one) or he will be force-replaced.
Last edited by The Critic on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Critic
The Critic
Goon
The Critic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by The Critic »

Still searching for a replacement for ~jordan'. Tell your friends.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”