Micro 1009: Would You Like To Be My Neighbor? [Game Over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1472, Hopkirk wrote:how is a history of not bussing remotely relevant? you are completely ignoring the context
You said that about Vanders, so obviously you believe in an anti-bussing meta.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Hopkirk »

You/me/vanders remain on the Flow wagon
what does scum!Emily do to get someone else exiled?

can you please explain how 'flow had a decent chance of turning things around' because i don't see how they remotely did when you/me/vanders wanted them gone. i don't see how emily saves him there and clearly she didn't either. that's why she voted

pedit - have you actually looked through the pooky scumgames? i've started and so far i haven't found one where there's been a major wagon on one of his partners
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1473, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1469, Hopkirk wrote:1.) what happens to Emily if she doesn't bus there OR divert the wagon: she dies the next day
2.) can Emily divert the wagon?: no

do you disagree with either of these points? because this is what i'm saying
please respond to this or i'm not posting in the thread again
The only way Emily dies next is if either Flow flipped town or if she tried to stop the wagon. That’s part of the reason we limmed Mo because he was the only living slot who wasn’t on it and hard defended him.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1475, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1472, Hopkirk wrote:how is a history of not bussing remotely relevant? you are completely ignoring the context
You said that about Vanders, so obviously you believe in an anti-bussing meta.
Vanders was actively pushing the wagon with you and me and the wagon could have died without him being there. it's very different to a hurried hammer (presented at the time remember as being from a newbie slot)
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1477, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1473, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 1469, Hopkirk wrote:1.) what happens to Emily if she doesn't bus there OR divert the wagon: she dies the next day
2.) can Emily divert the wagon?: no

do you disagree with either of these points? because this is what i'm saying
please respond to this or i'm not posting in the thread again
The only way Emily dies next is if either Flow flipped town or if she tried to stop the wagon.
That’s part of the reason we limmed Mo because he was the only living slot who wasn’t on it and hard defended him
assume a world where Emily pushes against Flow unsuccessfully and flow gets exiled. we ALWAYS exile Emily (and Mo) after that rather there being some doubt now

you're arguing at the same time right now that
1- Emily, as scum, would have pushed for a different wagon (as this is the only option other than bussing)
2- We would always eliminate people who argued for a different wagon there (bolded)
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

like can you find a game where Pooky was in a comparable position where his scumpartner was hard SR?
Kanna doesn't count because Pooky is never going to vote Kanna there regardless of alignment unless he's town and hard SRs her because of the soul-bond
i haven't found a game yet where he'd have needed to bus a heavily wagoned partner
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1476, Hopkirk wrote:You/me/vanders remain on the Flow wagon
what does scum!Emily do to get someone else exiled?

can you please explain how 'flow had a decent chance of turning things around' because i don't see how they remotely did when you/me/vanders wanted them gone. i don't see how emily saves him there and clearly she didn't either. that's why she voted

pedit - have you actually looked through the pooky scumgames? i've started and so far i haven't found one where there's been a major wagon on one of his partners
The TM game. Emily can probably respond to this better but you’re not explaining why it’s this game, Pooky suddenly inexplicably busses here and you’re not addressing my points. Monkey voted me because he thought Flow was town. Mo hard defended Flow. Vanders had doubts and Flow’s posting right before that hammer wasn’t bad. If I’m scum!Emily here, I try to read the crowd and see if Flow is possibly savable and I don’t hammer unless I think it’s completely hopeless and I don’t have a no bussing meta, although I personally won’t unless I feel I absolutely have to.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1189, flow trap wrote:
In post 1170, Emily wrote:Hi Flow.

Who do you think are the villains in this town?
Let's see

I TR Loki. I TR you (I like the questions).

I want to reread everyone else in more detail now that I have time. From what I remember from the skim, I somewhat TR Vand's opening.
This post is extremely interesting. He’s calling everyone but you and Mo town here.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:45 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1192, humaneatingmonkey wrote:10 pages in, Loki is obviously scum. VOTE: Loki
In post 1193, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1184, Loki Dokie wrote:I’m guessing based on what we saw in the thread, your predecessor didn’t actually post too much in your PT? Would that be accurate?
Why do you care????
I very much doubt I will ever sheep you in any games. :lol:
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1186, Emily wrote:
In post 1182, GrandpaMo wrote:i think this is just mafia lim bait
who are the mafia trying to elim flow?
In post 1188, Emily wrote:
In post 1185, GrandpaMo wrote:also these specific posts just sounds geninue

flows reads: 795 and 796

this is something that comes from a town mindset; 487 and 488

and in post 36; talking bout style however, they are playing the same style.
I don't see anything in these five posts that reads as especially genuine.

Could you elaborate please?
In post 1195, Emily wrote:
In post 1189, flow trap wrote:
In post 1170, Emily wrote:Hi Flow.

Who do you think are the villains in this town?
Let's see

I TR Loki. I TR you (I like the questions).

I want to reread everyone else in more detail now that I have time. From what I remember from the skim, I somewhat TR Vand's opening.
It feels like you haven't really been thinking about this or perhaps you really do have a very bad memory condition :/
In post 1196, Emily wrote:
In post 1190, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1188, Emily wrote:
In post 1185, GrandpaMo wrote:also these specific posts just sounds geninue

flows reads: 795 and 796

this is something that comes from a town mindset; 487 and 488

and in post 36; talking bout style however, they are playing the same style.
I don't see anything in these five posts that reads as especially genuine.

Could you elaborate please?
okay in post 795, and 796, they think Loki, Hopkirk, and Andante are their townreads... i dont think scum thinks like that. especially considering the early interactions taht happened with loki maybe? i forgot who but it was someone...and in 796. they followed up wit saying they are townreading more than bugs -- prehaps due to actual effort from town then when andante asks to hammer bugs, flow refuses saying only if they sr them after they are done catching up. i think scum would have taken advantage of that and just hammered here nd not to slow roll.

in post 487 same thing. Flow gives insight on a new idea that never no one has brought up and explains to andante that it could just be that we are neighbors as well.

post 488 retracts that theory because they see thats not what my intent was. i think thats just town thinking in an active mindset.

in post 36, they talk about something that was referring to the interaction that resulted into soemone thinking they were changing styles this game... flow responds by saying they know someone who changes their playstyle. however they are playing the exact same way they did when they flipped town in their previous games.
There are no real details given with the townreads in 795/796 - it's a conclusion without the thought process to get there. I'm not sure how you can conclusively townread that?
These series of posts look anti-associative.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1203, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 1055, Hopkirk wrote:Loki/i think Robert are TRs which would leave one of (Vanders/Grandpamo) + one of (Flow+GB) so i should really look at associates here at some point
Why is Robert townier than me?
What happened to this Hopkirk?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Hopkirk »

i've gone back a year and can't find a comparable scenario where there's a pooky scumpartner being exiled for this to apply to
except Kanna which is an exception, but even taking that into account like... it's a ridiculously small pool of data (1 game)
where else has pooky even had partners exiled
you’re not addressing my points
please lay out a list because i have addressed every single thing you've said and don't feel like you're reading half of my posts
you’re not explaining why it’s this game, Pooky suddenly inexplicably busses here
are you actually serious? this is all i'm saying. like you've... acknowledged this is what i'm saying

Vanders didn't have doubts. all of his posts prior to that were saying he vastly prefered Flow to other options
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:52 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1485, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1055, Hopkirk wrote:Loki/i think Robert are TRs which would leave one of (Vanders/Grandpamo) + one of (Flow+GB) so i should really look at associates here at some point
What happened to this Hopkirk?
we reached a 3p lylo where i managed to correctly read that Emily was the final scum then looks like i was forced into a loss anyway because you're hard convinced on a completely ridiculous point
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1204, GrandpaMo wrote:
emily's questioning -- seems like its coming from a town mindset tryna figure out allignment and trying to solve the game.
This is coming from her neigbor. Oh yeah in that TM game Pooky wasn’t doing anything really but posting lots of pretty much posts without much content.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1486, Hopkirk wrote:i've gone back a year and can't find a comparable scenario where there's a pooky scumpartner being exiled for this to apply to
except Kanna which is an exception, but even taking that into account like... it's a ridiculously small pool of data (1 game)
please lay out a list because i have addressed every single thing you've said and don't feel like you're reading half of my posts
you’re not explaining why it’s this game, Pooky suddenly inexplicably busses here
are you actually serious? this is all i'm saying. like you've... acknowledged this is what i'm saying

Vanders didn't have doubts. all of his posts prior to that were saying he vastly prefered Flow to other options
There was zero suspicion on Emily - none - pre-hammer yet you’re telling me she was the next flip if she didn’t hammer?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Hopkirk »

there's no remotely comparable scenarios here
you're treating pooky's statemet of 'not bussing' as 100% true when it's actively not supported by facts
he hasn't bussed yes, but he also hasn't had partners exiled (unless i missed 1 or 2) except for Kanna
he also vastly overstated the amount of scumgames and made it sound like a lot harder of a policy than it was

if you want to actually look if the claims hold up go ahead. if you want to bet the game on it being true without verifying it then what can i even say? you've clearly already made your mind up based on misrepresented facts

it's like lying with statistics. not bussing was technically true, but there's next to no scenarios where pooky's partners have been voted out (and you can't bus out a partner if they don't get exiled by definition). also they incredibly overstated the depth of the meta

Emily has done nothing this phase except ATE + bring up the bussing thing. you know that's not how town!pooky would play this endgame
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 1489, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1486, Hopkirk wrote:i've gone back a year and can't find a comparable scenario where there's a pooky scumpartner being exiled for this to apply to

There was zero suspicion on Emily - none - pre-hammer yet you’re telling me she was the next flip if she didn’t hammer?
NO I AM SAYING THAT IF EMILY DID THE SAME THING WE VOTED MO OUT FOR THEN THAT WOULD ALSO BE A REASON TO VOTE OUT EMILY

EMILY EITHER BUSSES OR PUSHES SOMEONE ELSE
IF EMILY PUSHES SOMEONE ELSE THAT'S WHEN SHE BECOMES THE NEXT FLIP (technically her/Mo become the next two flips, but that's the exact same thing)
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 12:02 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

If the hammer had been from anyone except Emily then you would have already voted Emily. Either today or yesterday. This is clearly true since 90% of what you're saying for town!emily is because of the hammer
leaving aside the hammer there's basically nothing
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 12:04 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 718, Robert M Hunter wrote:Loki, Vanderscamp, bugspray, also prob town.
In post 719, Robert M Hunter wrote:GeorgeBailey is a blank slate, that's strange. Only two empty posts.
In post 846, Robert M Hunter wrote::cry: That's not good, I town read bugspray. The self vote seals it.
In post 1021, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 1002, GrandpaMo wrote:i retracted my scumread on loki
Do did I. You misrepresented me.
In post 1022, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 1004, GrandpaMo wrote:i just checked the neighbor chat... they claimed to be bad at mafia? even tho came from EM and have expierence ... they have been always playing the newbie card. they could be newb.
It's not like I was very active or any good on EM. You are being misleading again.
In post 1023, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 1000, GrandpaMo wrote:i gave out my thoughts however robert didnt comment on anyhting.
WOW you are such a liar, it is YOU who didn't comment on anything until I started thinking you were scum, then all you did was trying to defend yourself. You weren't trying to solve the game.
In post 1037, Robert M Hunter wrote:
In post 1028, GrandpaMo wrote:u didnt talk at all during the night.
At that point I stopped talking because I wouldn't talk to scum, but the last message was mine all time, you said nothing.
Let’s forget about Emily, this really doesn’t read like a scum ISO to me.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

if we're talking meta then scum!hop doesn't spend an hour and a half going through all of this trying to convince you after you've made up your mind. you know i hate scum because i don't enjoy it and every second of playing a scumgame feels like i'm pointlessly wasting my time on something i'm not enjoying. scum!hop just stops posting because he doesn't care enough to put this effort in. alternatively, town!hop always tries to convince you
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1490, Hopkirk wrote:there's no remotely comparable scenarios here
you're treating pooky's statemet of 'not bussing' as 100% true when it's actively not supported by facts
he hasn't bussed yes, but he also hasn't had partners exiled (unless i missed 1 or 2) except for Kanna
he also vastly overstated the amount of scumgames and made it sound like a lot harder of a policy than it was

if you want to actually look if the claims hold up go ahead. if you want to bet the game on it being true without verifying it then what can i even say? you've clearly already made your mind up based on misrepresented facts

it's like lying with statistics. not bussing was technically true, but there's next to no scenarios where pooky's partners have been voted out (and you can't bus out a partner if they don't get exiled by definition). also they incredibly overstated the depth of the meta

Emily has done nothing this phase except ATE + bring up the bussing thing. you know that's not how town!pooky would play this endgame
Pooky did exactly that in that versus game when FL was pushing him. He made the same anti-bussing comment.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

like i'm pretty confident that this interaction over the last hour and a half alone is significantly longer than i've ever sat down for a single session of posting as scum
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

which VS game?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

None of Robert's iso read as super scummy to me, that's why i had them as a townlean.
none of it hard pinged me as town either. i don't see why anything you posted there reads as super townie?
this was a POE decision, not something obvious that Robert did that made the slot scum
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Hopkirk »

Robert said they TR bugs several times but did nothing to argue against the wagon is a negative point
they don't interact with or mention Flow whatsoever (pretty common for new scum to just ignore partners)
Robert says he has a SR but doesn't try and push anyone or vote even while a TR is being voted off (allegedly a stronger TR?)
the vote on Mo feels omgusey in retrospect

^ reading through the Robert iso with the knowledge it's scum that's what sticks out as sus

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”