Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:12 am

Post by Sofis »

I investigated Werebear partially because I wasn't sure that he couldn't be a serial killer, but moreso because I didn't have anyone else in particular I felt I should investigate, at the time.
And I certainly didn't know Werebear was going to kill Antrax. While I thought he was guilty, I didn't see any indication that Werebear did. Did I miss it?
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:36 am

Post by mith »

Yeah, but that first is like checking yourself or something. Whether you have any strong reason to check someone or not, you should still *try*. You might've gotten lucky, or cleared me. And Cops usually can't catch Serial Killers anyway. *~shrug~*
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:39 am

Post by mith »

(Don't mind me, I'm just annoyed. If mole is lying, I feel like Sofis should've cleared me, and if Sofis is lying, I'm left completely confused by the whole cult thing, and if neither is lying, both of those, and if both are lying, then I'm even more confused. :))
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:07 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Im going to assume Mole is mafia and Sofis is the shittiest cop I have ever ran into.

unvote: Sofis
Vote: Mole

If Mole is a cultist, all furball has to do is shoot Mith. Mith can only kill one of us, the other two win.

If Mole is mafia, we win since we can still lynch furball. (If thats the case.) This would only mean that there are no more cultists.

Or Sofis is actually a cultist, which would end up as a draw.
[/b]
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:34 pm

Post by Werebear »

mith - you just earned my Gold Mafia Star award for your post first casting doubt on the mod, then immediately attcking others. Since I think with a cop on the town side, a cult who favors the town and can find mafia is too powerful, I also will
Vote: mole
and pray he's the last cultist. I'm also hoping Sofis is really a cop, though I don't see how a mafia could do without one.

Werebear
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:45 pm

3 Votes! Querci!
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:50 pm

Post by mith »

Quick argument summary I'm having with IS in chat:

Why Furball shouldn't shoot if mole is cult/innocent:

If I a Mafia, I would not be able to shoot Furball, because obviously I would get lynched the next day (Sofis would check me, game over). Given that, he shouldn't shoot me, because he can wait to see who I killed, and then even if he's wrong about me, he gets a draw.

If I'm not Mafia, obviously he shouldn't shoot me, because the Mafia shoots him and wins.

Or, to look at it the other way around, as I did in chat:

He shoots, the Mafia kills him and wins if he's wrong. He'd kill me, so it's a loss.

He doesn't shoot, the Mafia can either shoot him, and leave our cop alive (I wouldn't dare do this if I were Mafia, obviously). Or if they don't shoot him, then he can at least get a draw, if he's wrong about me.

So, yeah, it's bad for Werebear to shoot. He probably will anyway, if mole isn't scum, but that's my logic and I'm sticking to it.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:54 pm

Post by mith »

And more crap in my defense, since I won't have a chance to speak once mole is lynched:

I was the main instigator in catching Antrax.
It would be stupid of me to claim townie if I wasn't. I could've claimed Cop, Doc, Real Cult, or any number of other things after mole's accusation. I claimed townie because it's the simple truth.
I'm not scum. :)
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:26 pm

Post by Werebear »

I remember that, mith, and if I'm shooting or who I'm shooting has not been decided yet. IS, Paragon of Mafia Hunters, and Sofis, what do you think?

Werebear
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:04 am

I only see two choices now:

If Mole is a cultist, Mith is mafia.

If Mole is mafia, I guess we are done. Unless the game continues, in which case I suggest furball shoots someone in hopes of getting a traitor or something before the rest of the town lynches the werescum.
Show

Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:38 am

Post by Sofis »

Um, I don't know. If you kill, the game will be decided this night, I think. And I'm not really willing to recommend killing either mith or IS when I'm planning to investigate one of them.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2002 6:53 am

Post by Werebear »

...and that after I have even been cleared by the cop. What does it take to convice you, IS? *BESIDES* my dead body?
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:12 pm

Post by quercitron »

The Town looks through mole's door to find him writing furiously in a notebook. They ring the doorbell, but he doesn't respond. They knock on the door, but he doesn't respond. Undaunted, someone blows the door open with a shotgun and aims at mole.

mole looks up. "Wait!" he cries, "you're making a terrible mistake, I'm not Mafia, and-"

"Yeah, yeah," says someone, "a Traitor, querci pulled this one already."

BOOM.

But upon examining the notebooks, all the Town finds is an elaborate set of plans, most unusual for a member of the Cult of Apathy. Not that it matters now - realizing that the second Torn Certificate was mole's, it appears even the best laid plans can be, well, shot down.

mole - (Cultist) - "lynched by the Town"

The Cult of Apathy has been eradicated. They were evil in the sense that they could only recruit Townies, so Mafia and other special roles (if other special roles exist) had reason to wish their demise.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:16 pm

Post by quercitron »

OH, and NIGHT. SEND CHOICES, ALL YOU SCUMS AND NON-SCUMS.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:45 pm

Post by Werebear »

*will send choice or non-choice tomorrow*
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:23 pm

Post by quercitron »

SPECTACULAR LAST DEATH SCENE!

Or something. Um, so at the beginning of the Night there were four people left in this little Town...

Werebear walks into the Town Square, holding his trusty shotgun tightly and thinking about who he trusts. Deciding that mith is his best bet, he picks up a rock and throws it through mith's nearby window, then roars as loudly as he can at the night sky. Panicking, the other three Townspeople race out of their houses. In the dark (and in their boxers,) mith and Internet Stranger look alike. Sofis also wears boxers, but he holds a police badge in his hand, and has a gun at the ready.

But Werebear has tracked mith's house, and knows his prey's movements. Just as Sofis sees the man with the shotgun and aims his own pistol, a shot from Werebear sends mith flying to the ground, gasping his last breaths (Something about furball's lack of aim. I'm cruel like that.) Werebear starts to reload his shotgun.

As he finishes, Sofis sends two bullets into Werebear's body, like a calculated reflex, and meets IS in the center of the Square. Shielding their eyes from the two bodies, they clasp hands.

"A terrible sight," says Sofis, as he walks away towards his house.

"So mith was Mafia," muses IS, "and Werebear was...what...a Serial Killer? And you're a Cop who can kill?"

"Oh, no," murmurs Sofis, as he turns around and raises his gun again, "mith is just a Townie. Well, a dead Townie. Much like you will soon be. This Town didn't have room for a Cop."

But wait! There is a movement from the side of the square. In typical dramatic fashion, Werebear finishes loading his shotgun and aims at his attacker, using his last shot to destroy the man he now knows to be Mafia. Laughing at mith's insult, he fires directly at the shiny Cop badge.

It's a pity Sofis passed the badge to IS when they shook hands.

Internet Stranger (Townie) - killed by the Mafia
mith (Townie) - killed by a shotgun blast (Vigilante)
Werebear (Vigilante) - killed by the Mafia

Sofis (Somini Mafia) - WINS.

I find it highly amusing that the three Bernini Mafia last game were all on the Town's side this game, and died the same Night.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:39 pm

Post by quercitron »

So, I suppose now is the time when I get yelled at for not having a Cop. For people not following the entirety of the game, here's a summary.

2 Somini Mafia (Antrax, Sofis)
1 Bernini Traitor (Dragon Phoenix)

The Mafia could kill once per Night. The Traitor did not know the Mafia, and appeared as a special role to the Cultist. He sent one name per Night trying to find the Mafia. If he found them, he would join them.

Night 1 the Somini Mafia killed Soothsayer, a Doctor, randomly.
Night 1 the Bernini Traitor checked Soothsayer.

Night 2 the Somini Mafia killed Jalyn, a Townie, randomly.
Night 2 the Bernini Traitor checked Antrax, joined the Mafia, and tore up his certificate.

Day 2 the Town was given a hint lynch-or-lose numbers applied.
Day 2 DP, the Bernini Traitor (now part of the Mafia) was lynched.

Night 3 the Somini Mafia killed Samadhi, suspecting him to be a Polygraph Analyst.
Night 3 Antrax, Somini Mafia, was killed by the Vigilante.

Night 4 the Somini Mafia killed Werebear, the Vigilante.

In endgame, Sofis, last remaining Somini Mafia, killed Internet Stranger, Townie, to win.

1 Doctor (Soothsayer)

The Doctor was sane.

Night 1 the Doctor protected Werebear.
Night 1 the Doctor was shot by the Somini Mafia.

1 Vigilante (Werebear)

The Vigilante had infinite bullets and could kill once per Night.

Night 1 the Vigilante did not kill.

Night 2 the Vigilante killed jeep, a Townie.

Night 3 the Vigilante killed Antrax, a Mafioso.

Night 4 the Vigilante killed mith, a Townie.
Night 4 the Vigilante was shot by the Somini Mafia.

1 Cultist (Samadhi)

The Cult of Apathy could recruit once per Night. They could only recruit Townies. They won when all players were members of the Cult. The fact that there were pro-Town special roles that they could not recruit made them, in my mind, evil.

Night 1 the Cult recruited mole, a Townie.

Day 1 mole tore up his Certificate of Townieship. The Town was informed of this.

Night 2 the Cult attempted to recruit DP and was unsuccessful.

Night 3 the Cult attempted to recruit Antrax and was unsuccessful.
Night 3 Samadhi, Cultist, was killed by the Somini Mafia.

Day 3 mole, Cultist, was lynched by the Town.

6 Townies (Internet Stranger, Jalyn, jeep, mith, mole, Quailman)

Night 1 mole, Townie, was converted into the Cult of Apathy.

Day 1 Quailman, Townie, was lynched.

Night 2 Jalyn, Townie, was shot by the Somini Mafia.
Night 2 jeep, Townie, was shot by the Vigilante.

Night 4 mith, Townie, was shot by the Vigilante.

In endgame, Internet Stranger, Townie, was killed by the Somini Mafia
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:50 pm

Post by jeep »

3 mafia, 1 cultist,1 vigilante,1 doctor, 6 townies?

Doesn't that seem a bit weighted against the town? Two anti-town 'groups' and not much town support...

Hmm...

-JEEP
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:20 pm

Post by Antrax »

I love it when a plan comes together :D
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:28 pm

Post by Antrax »

What I don't undersatnd is, what my cop claim THAT obscure? I didn't want to come outright so Sofis could claim it for the endgame if things go the way I predicted them to (I expected to be lynched day 2), but when I saw someone has information on DP I started spewing out hints like insane. I was sure mith was the cop for "not realising" it, but then when I was shot by Werebear I started pondering, is it really not obvious when I continously ignore the "so why doesn't the cop come out" and "you think lynching you is the worst thing that could happen to this town" accusations? I mean, please.
Around the end of day 2 I was fairly convinced there's no cop, and thought Samadhi was a polygraph guy, for saying DP isn't a townie (after DP claimed townie). I was sure Samadhi isn't overlooking the possibility that DP is the cop, which meant he's either evil, the cop himself, or another good role who realised another cop would be unbalanced. All three options spelled out "die die die suck Samadhi scum", anyway.
Kudos to DP on picking up on the hints that I'm scum, though apparently I overdid it a bit :), kudos to Sofis, whom I've planned originally to win the game, even if we don't find our traitor. And most of all, I'm impressed with IS for figuring out the last mafia, even though he didn't follow through. I'm unclear on why mole lied and lost the town the game.
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:40 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

w00t!
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:36 am

Mole, you bastard! I had it nailed! What exactly were you trying to accomplish with that lie?
Show

mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:04 am

Post by mith »

He was trying to save his own skin, though I don't see why he tried *that*. As he put it, that's what he gets (or rather, we get) for playing at 1:30 AM.

Also, Werebear, bah. I told you why you shouldn't kill me. Me and IS would've nailed Sofis, I was already onto him for the weak Cop claim, and of course IS was.

Don't get to yell at quercitron. Shame, too. :)

Btw Antrax, I did see your Cop claim, it made me the tiniest bit hesitant about going after you, but I was still pretty sure. Your argument was full of holes. :) This was hardly your plan's doing, mole screwed us over.
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:18 am

Post by Sofis »

Until I realized the cult could not be considered good, I was pretty sure I would not exit this game alive.

Antrax, I didn't pick up on your cop claim. Though, that might be because I knew you weren't one :).

Also, Werebear, bah. I told you why you shouldn't kill me. Me and IS would've nailed Sofis, I was already onto him for the weak Cop claim, and of course IS was.

I really,
really
wanted him to kill :). I'm not sure who I would have accused of being mafia if he hadn't...
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:26 am

Post by mith »

Yeah, that would've been interesting. I had all sorts of arguments prepared if you said I was scum. Don't know if I would've convinced IS or not. Pretty sure IS could've convinced me though.

And bah, I just realized, on day 2, IS and I were the only townies. And we had a chance to win it, if Werebear hadn't killed me. Funny, really. :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”