Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 8:41 am

Post by Thomith »

i just don't see town motivation behind that, and seems like a slip of words.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 8:51 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 150, Thomith wrote:i just don't see town motivation behind that, and seems like a slip of words.

Can you be more precise? What does
"but i think techno is more likely to hit scum"
mean to you?
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 8:54 am

Post by Thomith »

why would town vote someone because they would be
more likely to hit scum
it seems like a scumslip to me.
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 8:58 am

Post by absta101 »

Do you vote someone in hopes of them turning out to be town?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 9:20 am

Post by roflcopter »

sometimes i feel like i'm wearing a derp magnet

thomith, i say more likely to hit scum because i don't
know
anybody's alignment but my own, but i
think
techno has a better chance of being scum than you, based on what has happened so far in this game and my interpretation of it. get it?

@absta, i could have explained it, but i was hoping to draw out telling reactions through ambiguity. the conclusion i came to was not really a strong one, but laying it out in bold terms gets bolder responses. naming scum teams before we have a flip is, in general, not so helpful, you're right. but seeing how the two parties respond to being called a scum team can be.
on a side note, trying to name entire scum teams used to be basically my entire m.o., but i've been away from the site for a while and am trying to approach this game with more logic and less pure gut.
re: post 37, i don't think my own opinion on the question i asked was important. i asked him because he did follow up coffee's point with a vote, even though coffee didn't.
re: post 82, the people i asked questions of were the ones i wanted more content from so i could try to guage their alignment. i asked different questions to different people because all the same questions would have been boring.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
snifit
snifit
Mafia Scum
snifit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 10:03 am

Post by snifit »

Votecount 1.5

roflcopter (L-6) - Thomith
Arugula (0) -
TeChNoWC (L-5) - Arugula, roflcopter
Thomith (L-5) - absta101, Milk
Milk (L-5) - MormonCoffee, Phenenas
Seacore (0) -
UnofficialRulerOfEveryone (0) -
DTMaster (L-6) - TeChNoWC
Humble Poirot (L-6) - UnofficialRulerOfEveryone
SensFan (L-5) - DTMaster, Seacore
absta101 (0) -
Phenenas (0) -
MormonCoffee (0) -

Not Voting: Humble Poirot, SensFan

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline is Friday, June 8th at 1:30 AM (GMT-7).

Phenenas has been prodded.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 10:07 am

Post by absta101 »

UNVOTE:
Sorry, RVS vote i'm guessing.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 10:13 am

Post by absta101 »

@rofl
"but seeing how the two parties respond to being called a scum team can be."
Not with the way you did it. The two players could've just ignored what you said as it just came out of nowhere. Nevertheless, what you did wasn't exactly incriminating.
What kind of reaction did you get anyway?
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:05 am

Post by Arugula »

First, to everyone. It's Arugula, no Aragula.
In post 123, absta101 wrote:I will attempt to build a more solid read on everyone. Though, I don't expect to find much from the ISOs as the game is just getting started.
Anyway...

Aragula

Nothing too important to get from him atm. The only thing I could find was that him and seacore have developed an awkward relationship. If in the future one of them suspects the other, it might be based on their emotions more than actual tells. This is most likely not the case however, as Aragula has a town read on seacore.
@Aragula
I would like to know who your scum reads are. I know that you don't have any scum reads so far. Though, If you look harder, i'm sure you'll find something.
[/b]

My top scumread is Tech. He attacks anyone who finds faults in his posts (DTMaster, Humble who are on my town reads) and automatically links them together. I would like to use one of his posts to ask him some questions.
In post 63, TeChNoWC wrote:
On what do you basis do you make this assumption? And how could you possibly of three pages of posts? Do you assume that anyone that defends anyone is buddying and therefore scum buddies?

Change the page number to six.

Phenanas, Milk, URoE, SensFan and Mormon need to post more for me to get a read on them.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Apologies. I'm going to be V/LA till Saturday because there is a problem with my experiment and family events are occurring. I had a rough day with stuffs in the lab >>;;. Gonna take a breather until then.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 158, Arugula wrote:First, to everyone. It's Arugula, no Aragula.
In post 123, absta101 wrote:I will attempt to build a more solid read on everyone. Though, I don't expect to find much from the ISOs as the game is just getting started.
Anyway...

Aragula

Nothing too important to get from him atm. The only thing I could find was that him and seacore have developed an awkward relationship. If in the future one of them suspects the other, it might be based on their emotions more than actual tells. This is most likely not the case however, as Aragula has a town read on seacore.
@Aragula
I would like to know who your scum reads are. I know that you don't have any scum reads so far. Though, If you look harder, i'm sure you'll find something.
[/b]

My top scumread is Tech. He attacks anyone who finds faults in his posts (DTMaster, Humble who are on my town reads) and automatically links them together. I would like to use one of his posts to ask him some questions.
In post 63, TeChNoWC wrote:
On what do you basis do you make this assumption? And how could you possibly of three pages of posts? Do you assume that anyone that defends anyone is buddying and therefore scum buddies?

Change the page number to six.

Phenanas, Milk, URoE, SensFan and Mormon need to post more for me to get a read on them.

Uh, I never connected DT and Humble together, if you skimmed through all our posts and looked at my last line like Thomith seemed to do, you would have missed that the crux of my post was SARCASM. The ONLY indication I made ANYWHERE that they might be linked is that Humble seemed to be bias and giving DT hints on how to play.

If you actually read the thread, DT was the one making claims that I was linked to roflcopter, so on your reasoning I ABSOLUTELY EXPECT that DT should be one of your top scumreads, since that's the treatment your giving me. Recant on it, and your being biased scum.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by Seacore »

Lol,

So you didn't connect DT and humble except where you said that Humble and DT seemed to be connected.

nderstood.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

Just did a massive post in reply to Poirot and had to sign in. Fuck it.

@Seacore: Your misconstruing what I said.

Attempting to respond to Poirot a second time.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 140, Humble Poirot wrote:
Then telling DT 'not to mention it' because it will 'shift the conversation badly'. Trying to give an unconfirmed tips on how to slip under the radar?
Yes. You're trying to shift the conversation out of your own scummyness (your smear posts) and put everything into DTMaster's guess of a scumteam (And discrediting him for it).

And the fun fact, is that you keep throwing these subtle smears at anyone who attacks you. Right now, it's me. You're telling me I'm directing DTMaster on how to slip under the radar. That's an implication that I'm scum with DTMaster. Yet, you don't outright say it. You just smear.
'2. This kind of accusation towards a player that has few but developed posts without any evidence makes it even worse.' Sorry, were you talking about DT?
Yes.
"how does DTMaster's reasoning worry you? As in DTMaster is town and failing?" what, the fuck. Know something I don't? His reasoning worries me just as it worries you, because he
called me out as scummy and a neighbour
after like four posts...
(emphasis mine) Well, I get the impression that you think DTMaster is scum. If you think he is scum, why be worried about his reasoning? You'd just dismiss it if faulty. The "worry" seemed to be an implication that you were unsure of his alignment. At least, that's my interpretation. (preview edit: Considering you're claiming to be unsure of his alignment this might be excusable)

When did he call you neighbour? Can you stop saying neighbour for everything? Try and define clearly what you're saying. If you're accusing DTMaster and me of being in a scumteam, say so. If you're implying someone has the role neighbour, say it. If you're implying people are acting too friendly to each other, phrase it in an unambiguous way.
"Buddying up to someone"
is a good expression for that.

There is some serious neighbouring going on between DT and Poirot, smells pretty fishy!!

Again, this is the type of mild accusations that scum usually makes. Trying to paint your attackers as the scumteam without arguments and without outright saying so.

preview edit:
Hope your not taking my last neighbour comment seriously either.

Why wouldn't we? You've already hinted at a connection between me and DTMaster.
Read it in context with the rest of my posts dude. A dig at the whole neighbour stuff.
YOU are the only one throwing the words neighbourhood and neighbouring around.
I haven't ruled out the possibility that DT is town, sure. I need to look at some of his other meta, but claiming someone as scum and neighbour
WHERE did DTMaster call you a Neighbour?

I've iso'd DTMaster and looked for words starting with nei. No result

1. I'm not ASSUMING that you are on a scumteam with DT, merely observing. I accused you of bias, which isn't me guessing your alignment, its saying STOP BEING BIASED.
2. I was referring to the fact that DT seemed to be doing that to me, not the other way around. Again, bias.
3. It's more than excusable, because I didn't assume DT's alignment and you know it.
4. Fine, said we were both mafia. Neighbour is an easy way of summing up DT's case that me and rofl are scumbuddies together. In terms of my neighbour comment about you and DT, not sure why everyone didn't pick up on the sarcasm, but if everyone is assuming I wasn't, I fail to see why I haven't been lynched yet. This game worries me already and I can't see town winning, and that's from D1. You seemed to be buddying with DT, yes, but that doesn't mean I was suggesting you were scum; I was appealing to you to consider both arguments rather than pigeon hole me. To be honest I have the inclination that a D1 flip from me might make this game move back on track, but at this point I can see you and DT turning around and saying "well, it was clear Techno was acting scummy, so we did what we had to do. He only has himself to blame for being lynched"

Stop and consider what you are doing before more misinformed voters and scummers pop out of the woodwork and jump me, and also destroy any case that my townflip could shed any light on who is actually scum and advance town rather than being a horrible waste of mislynching time.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'm not misconstruing anything.

By your own admission, you are saying that found a link between the two players in the way that one was biased and coaching the other.
That's a link.

So to say that you didn't link them is inaccurate.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 164, Seacore wrote:I'm not misconstruing anything.

By your own admission, you are saying that found a link between the two players in the way that one was biased and coaching the other.
That's a link.

So to say that you didn't link them is inaccurate.

Gee, now everyone seems to be doing it.

I said YOU COULD CONSTRUE THAT I MADE A LINK but actually, I was alluding to the fact that Humble was being biased; that doesn't make them both scum, or even either scum, it makes them misled town OR scum. Either way, it's not helping. My point wasn't to point them out as both scum; that's what DT would have done, hence my little joke joke. My point was that Poirot should stop buddying, whatever his motivation.

Again, I never assumed anything, that's what all you guys seem to be doing. I am merely analysing the situation.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Post by Seacore »

So, if DT flipped scum you wouldn't use this link as evidence to push Humble as his scum buddy?
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

It's hardly evidence, so no. If something blatantly obvious came up, I'm going to address it.

Scum don't usually buddy each other to that degree; they might buddy other town like that, but not each other. If DT flipped scum at this stage, I wouldn't presume anything of Poirot's alignment. I have no strong read on him at this stage.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Post by Seacore »

Okay, so I misunderstood.

You've been bringing up things that don't help us scum hunt.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:52 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 168, Seacore wrote:Okay, so I misunderstood.

You've been bringing up things that don't help us scum hunt.

You're right; I've been somewhat disconnected from this game, and then DT sparked my interest with his scumread of me and subsequent '1v1' (or challenge, none the less). Then Poirot chimed in, and its been nothing but a stand off since.

Will do some ISOing tonight.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 1:34 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

This is going to lose me serious towncred, particularly as I just finished saying there was little in the connection other than bias, but I will say it anyway.

What is the go with the Seacore/Aragula/DT/Humble 'alliance'?

I'm sure everyone will feign dumb at this point and ask for references, but I'm not terribly good at rifling through text and isolating it, but there are multiple posts where Arag, DT and Humble keep reassuring each other that the other is town. So basically I am wearing it for attacking your little tea party?

Also, wtf is the case on Sens? Other than lurker/hesitant posting, I don't see it, even after scouring through the thread + ISO's. I also don't understand DT's scumread on Mormon.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 1:54 am

Post by Seacore »

No, I'm not going to feign dumb, I definitely have been nodding along with DT's and Humble's posts. They are both doing some good scum hunting and are both town reads of mine. This 'alliance' is because i believe we read each other as town. At least from my side it is anyway, I can't speak for them. I don't agree with everything they've said, but it feels pro-town.

I don't include Arugula in that. Arugula feels a little shady to me. Not enough for me to call scum, but his defending followed by some parroting, I haven't seen anything pro-town come from him yet.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 1:56 am

Post by Seacore »

My case on Sens is the way that he's avoided taking stances. He tried to fling mud on me by calling what I did 'significant' and then saying it doesn't help with a read on me. In the absence of any town behaviour whatsoever, this is worth a vote.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 2:12 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

He seems to be trying to buddy in on this supposed town alliance. Plus I felt as though he skimmed through my posts, looking for a way to discredit me. He didn't seem to be reading either DT's or my arguments, whereas credit where credit is due, DT and Poirot have been (though I still feel Poirot has been misrepresenting me). Poirot's Pedit in post 140 was my biggest bias issue. He realised I had every reason for my stance, which showed that
a) he tried to find something wrong with it in haste
b) after a readthrough he saw an error in his reasoning, and was good enough to point it out, but still felt happy to keep it up as a scumpoint against me.

It shows me that his mind is filtering everyone outside of the alliance as potential scum, and everyone in it as town. I have always had issues with alliances (I'm not sure the nature of yours, but since Humble is a bit of a wordsmith when it comes to my posts, I'll instead refer to it as 'communal buddying') because, while chances are MOST of those in the commune are town, it gives the one or two hard-to-detect scum a free ride from the top scumhunters.

With DT busy, I still haven't heard his clarification of the post I or rofl didn't follow up on from each other. Can you clarify, if you know what he was on about?

From my perspective, I made one unthoughtful post and since have been
a) scumhunted by DT, called out as a buddy of rofl (who now wants me lynched)
b) told by Humble I am on a smear campaign to blacklist him and DT, and discredit town
c) misconstrued by the misinformed (Aragula, Thomith) and jumped on by would be bandwagon lovers (Rofl)
d) aggressively attacked by DT who wanted to '1v1' me, and then told I was aggravating him (from one scumread and disagreeing with him, then finding his aggression scummy)
e) Biasedly tossed to the side by the town patrol with the label scum after a sarcastic remark and a preposterous claim about a connection with rofl.

All the while, DT gets a free ticket to do and say whatever he likes.

Yay to alliances. Whoops, 'communal bussing' (ducks to the side pre-empting an array of flak from Poirot)
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri May 25, 2012 2:13 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Sorry, last line should read 'communal buddying' (can't keep up with this proper word crap at this time of night -_- )

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”