Mini 1581--The Final Radiant Tales...(Fin)

gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:47 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 148, Bulbazak wrote:He says that regardless. It's not him being worried about his wagon. It's him stating facts.
Yes but why does he state does facts?
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:48 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 148, Bulbazak wrote:He says that regardless. It's not him being worried about his wagon. It's him stating facts.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 149, snscompt1 wrote:
In post 148, Bulbazak wrote:
Because of his reactions. His posting so far has been carefree and playful.
Scum have a hard time faking that.
Ah, but that raises the question: What makes you think he would have to fake it as scum?
Can he not be a carefree and playful person in general? Or can he not simply be gleeful about having a scum role? I will agree that is seems genuine, but why is that alignment indictive?
Because I've played with Bert multiple times, and this is his town game.
In post 150, gameplay506 wrote:
Because he's Kingdom, and after having been wagoned and lynched so many times for the same thing, he doesn't learn.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 152, Bulbazak wrote:Because I've played with Bert multiple times, and this is his town game.
So he isn't cheerful when he's scum?

Seems to me that's a pretty big tell, one would think he would do something about it.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:35 am

Post by KingdomAces »

In post 84, ZZZX wrote:ILast post he just did hit my radar
Reason
In post 49, Mirhawk wrote:
Unvote
What are you so worried about.
Not a reason, especially since that's been answered by multiple people already.

srs, how am I supposed to take you serisously when you start out the post by saying "LYNCH SCUM!" I don't know what conclusion you should have come to, but since you appeared to be focused on me over anyone else for some reason, there is a greater chance that you would have come to one before moving on.

I state facts because they are relevant. As Morph said, I kind of went a bit crazy in terms of that in the Dark Age of the Law sign up thread before the site crashed and deleted those posts. The only reason why I didn't mention it in the sign-up thread this time was because of the pre-in list, and I probably shouldn't have even started this in the first place for the same reason. Looking back, I realize Oversoul is correct that I had stopped doing this for a while, I've just been thinking about this so much recently that I thought that I had done this exact same thing before even though it appears I haven't. Now I'm sorry, and I think I'm just going to stop talking about this for the rest of the game unless I absolutely need to, because it's not alignment indicative, and I'm sure that at least half the playerlist as well as the mod are incredibly angry at me right now.

Bert is generally energetic no matter what, but I really don't see anything meaningful in his play so far either. So far the only topics he's talked about has been his role and me. Trying to figure out unknown vote mechanics when the mod is continually screwing up the VC kind of makes things weird, and I'm not entirely sure about where his trajectory on me is coming from.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 153, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 152, Bulbazak wrote:Because I've played with Bert multiple times, and this is his town game.
So he isn't cheerful when he's scum?

Seems to me that's a pretty big tell, one would think he would do something about it.
That's not what I said at all. My point was that scum have a hard time faking being carefree in the manner that Bert has shown, and having had some experience playing with Bert, it's easier for me to see that this is genuine and his town game.

Unvote

Vote Mirhawk

I'm not getting the sense that you are trying to figure out the game so much as you are trying to put words into other's mouths and lynch that way.

snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:08 am

Post by snscompt1 »

@Kingdom
I can tell that this isn't a game to joke around it. Damn. I wasn't hunting you whatsoever. My vote is on ZZZX all game thus far yes? The pokes and prods were simply to see what everyone else would do (and mostly me just having fun).
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Bert »

In post 154, KingdomAces wrote:Bert is generally energetic no matter what, but I really don't see anything meaningful in his play so far either. So far the only topics he's talked about has been his role and me. Trying to figure out unknown vote mechanics when the mod is continually screwing up the VC kind of makes things weird, and I'm not entirely sure about where his trajectory on me is coming from.
You're good enough such that I doubt I could catch you when you draw scum.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 156, snscompt1 wrote:
@Kingdom
I can tell that this isn't a game to joke around it. Damn. I wasn't hunting you whatsoever. My vote is on ZZZX all game thus far yes? The pokes and prods were simply to see what everyone else would do (and mostly me just having fun).
:neutral:

snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:21 am

Post by snscompt1 »

I love you too Bulb. Since we love each other so much you wont mind me piggybacking off that vote, right? K, thx.
UNVOTE
VOTE MIRHAWK
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:54 am

Post by Mirhawk »

@Aces
Zed does not post a reason. Rather he alludes to having a reason without actually posting one. My reason was quite obviously an inquiry as to why you sounded so nervous.

Also, all of the explanations that you are referring to happen after I made my vote in the first place. I fail to see how they could have influenced my vote.

@Zak
What words have I put into your mouth? I'm pretty sure that I made a serious inquiry as to why you think scum bert would be incompetent enough as to not try and act like town bert.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 160, Mirhawk wrote: @Zak
What words have I put into your mouth? I'm pretty sure that I made a serious inquiry as to why you think scum bert would be incompetent enough as to not try and act like town bert.
And my point was that there are certain things that are hard for scum to fake, and what Bert did was one of them. Having also played with Bert before, it was easier to see his reaction was genuine and not scum trying to look town. Your response was "And Bert wouldn't be cheerful when scum?", which is a small but noticeable change from what I actually said. You took a meta read and tried to change it into an emotional read in an attempt to undermine it.

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 137, ZZZX wrote:Today was the first exam of the finals

I got burned

In other news I am feeling better about aces but I'll keep my vote for a little while.
If you feel better about him, why would you leave your vote there?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 147, morph the cat wrote:I was going to link you to some of his posts in the Dark Age of the Law sign up thread, but the posts I'm thinking about were tiger-chomped. I'll go back through some recent games later today.

At any rate, we consider it alignment neutral, not a town tell.
I wasn't saying it was a town tell for him to act like this, if anything my personal experience makes this not a town tell. You are more familiar with the meta on Kingdom so I'll wait.
Mirhawk
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mirhawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Mirhawk »

In post 161, Bulbazak wrote: And my point was that there are certain things that are hard for scum to fake, and what Bert did was one of them. Having also played with Bert before, it was easier to see his reaction was genuine and not scum trying to look town. Your response was "And Bert wouldn't be cheerful when scum?", which is a small but noticeable change from what I actually said. You took a meta read and tried to change it into an emotional read in an attempt to undermine it.
And you're taking a logical question and tried to change it to an emotional one to dismiss it.

My point is simple. If bert plays a cheerful game as town, then he likely also plays a cheerful game as scum.

Unless you're suggesting he changes his entire personality for every game he plays.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 1.5

Even a God is not Infallible

morph the cat(1):
gameplay506
Bert(0):
Bert
KingdomAces(4)
: Mirhawk, Bert, Oversoul, ZZZX
MafiaSSK(0):

Bulbazak(0):

Varsoon(1):

Mirhawk(3):
Rubicon, Mirhawk, snscompt1
Lying Scum(0):

snscompt1(0):

Oversoul(0):

Rubicon(0):

ZZZX(2):
MafiaSSK
gameplay506(0):

No Lynch(0):

Not Voting(4):
morph the cat, Varsoon, Lying Scum , KingdomAces

With thirteen alive, it takes seven to lynch.

(expired on 2014-06-27 12:00:00)
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 164, Mirhawk wrote:
In post 161, Bulbazak wrote: And my point was that there are certain things that are hard for scum to fake, and what Bert did was one of them. Having also played with Bert before, it was easier to see his reaction was genuine and not scum trying to look town. Your response was "And Bert wouldn't be cheerful when scum?", which is a small but noticeable change from what I actually said. You took a meta read and tried to change it into an emotional read in an attempt to undermine it.
And you're taking a logical question and tried to change it to an emotional one to dismiss it.

My point is simple. If bert plays a cheerful game as town, then he likely also plays a cheerful game as scum.

Unless you're suggesting he changes his entire personality for every game he plays.
And you're relying on word play to mischaracterize my argument. It had nothing to do with demeanor. It had everything to do with experience and reactions.

ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:38 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 162, morph the cat wrote:
In post 137, ZZZX wrote:Today was the first exam of the finals

I got burned

In other news I am feeling better about aces but I'll keep my vote for a little while.
If you feel better about him, why would you leave your vote there?

In this game keeping some voting is useful because I allows us to give pressure while still able to stay safe.

I have played countless games with fools/jesters in here or other sites such as epic mafia so I am pretty certain of my ability in recognizing who is NOT a jester most of the time ( catching jester is difficult )
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by ZZZX »

SHIT WRONG GAME
redacted
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by ZZZX »

I got my mind raped sorry... well just a reply to the quote I think he still isnt clear as this got me mixed up with something else..

Sorry
redacted
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:18 am

Post by snscompt1 »

I cleaaaaarly see that as a scum slip. Everyone should get back on that wagon.
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:08 am

Post by Lying Scum »

Yes, it most certainly is. How many bastard games are happening on site right now?

VOTE: ZZZX

choo choo motherfucker
Hydra of Belisarius, ETL, and a massive amount of bullshit.
Lying Scum
Lying Scum
Goon
Lying Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:54 am

Post by Lying Scum »

This is an ETL post that has not been approved by Belisarius. I am V/LA on the weekends, always and catching up today. From ISOs, here's what I've got (half done):

Bert
: Ok so, ignoring the doublevoter claim, I really, really, really think this is town Bert. In Dark Age of the Law, he was kind of all over the place (I was one of his scum partners as part of the Drunken Lies hydra). I think the thing I like the most here is his attention on KA and the way he went about it. I got the impression that he was actually interested in figuring him out, and not just fucking with him.
Town

Bulbazak
: I don't think I'll ever NOT be paranoid about you, Bulba <3 You got really mad at me for your lynch in Chain of Command, and that really stuck with me. I'm troubled by it because I find myself townreading you out of guilt. You fucked me up good as far as reading you goes. That being said, I really looked hard for scumtells in your ISO. The biggest thing that stood out was that Bulbazak actually followed up on the answers to his inquiries of gameplay/Mirhawk and made conclusions from them. Honestly, he could totally do that as scum, but he seemed interested in the results and I dunno, I see that more for townBulb. He can be town for now, with a very healthy dose of paranoia that he may not be.
Maybe town

gameplay506
Don’t know this person. Given the join date, and general tone of the posts, I'm not sure I know what's up with this guy. Clearly new to the site/mafia. I can't tell if he's excited to be here or not, I can't tell if this is normal for him or not. Posts seem a bit awkward, but responses sound genuine. Oh, also seems like maybe English isn't his first language, so.. maybe a little trouble for me there as well. He hasn't really given much of his own opinions yet, at least not enough for me to make a determination. Definitely one we'll be focusing on for sorting.
Null

KingdomAces
: I saw KA explain his playstyle in Dark Age of the Law, but only when pressured based on it. The fact that it was unprompted here is a little worrisome to me, though for now, I'm mostly inclined to believe it's not alignment-indicative. Actually, there's one thing that really bothered me. It was really small, but really stood out - in , he states that he hasn't rolled scum in a year and a half, and then says
"But anyway..."
as if to dismiss the train of thought completely. But why? This is going to need a deeper look and a chat with Beli. All in all - not the same KA from Dark Age of the Law.
Maybe scum

Lying Scum (Belisarius+EspeciallytheLies)
: such scum omg even their name says so lynch it with fire naow

MafiaSSK
: Er... can you just like, release a handbook on how to read you because... 2 game posts... (plus confirmation post for 3) egh. It's almost like you couldn't give a flying fuck about your games or your team. :( I'm cutting this rant short, as it's (mostly) irrelevant to this game. But yeah. wtf...
Null

Mirhawk
: Don't know this person. His defense of Bert in is really weird and out of left field, and I don't get it. He throws in the "well he could also be scum" almost as an afterthought just to even out the post and make it look like he doesn't know what's up. It definitely doesn't come across as natural. He's also arguing semantics which is a nice scum tell :] And Bulbazak is voting for him, after much townier posts than this guy has, and if Bulb is town I kind of want to sheep him. Will need to chat with Beli, but I want to vote here.
Scum

ETL

p-edit: heeeey.... :( Let's chat before voting cuz I don't wanna vote ZZZX right now.
Hydra of Belisarius, ETL, and a massive amount of bullshit.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:26 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 170, snscompt1 wrote:I cleaaaaarly see that as a scum slip. Everyone should get back on that wagon.
Scum slip <> valid ongoing game. Sorry to say but I can't discuss it more. This being a bastard modding isn't helping eh? Let's say for a sec that it was a scum slip. That would mean I am a jester and shouldn't be lynched.

Your case is invalid
redacted
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:29 am

Post by Bert »

In post 164, Mirhawk wrote:If bert plays a cheerful game as town, then he likely also plays a cheerful game as scum.
thanks for slyly encouraging suspicion on me at the most basic level! I do admit that having ETL locked in on a townread on me already definitely makes me suspicious as these townreads on me lack some kind of clarity about my play which I think is 'unknown' so far.
In post 172, Lying Scum wrote:I'm mostly inclined to believe it's not alignment-indicative.
I think most of us have exhausted our early KA-read. This dialogue happens sometimes and it doesn't mean KA should be let off the hook.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”