Newbie 1656 : Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:16 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 137, LoHa wrote:Reformulating: Would you say that in your scumgames you'd risk sticking out by providing good reasons to vote when nobody else is?

That's something easy to fake so yes, as both town and scum i do it because 1) As town i do it due to it getting us faster out of RVS, 2) As scum i do it because i do it as town.

I don't see what's the point of this question?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Ether »

This hi is for you, Sakura. Hi!
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:18 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Also as town, keep all the PR speculation to your head, you can bring it up IF that person claims a PR at some point as a reason to saying "I believe it because he said this and i thought it was a crumb" or "I dont believe it because he did this and a PR wouldn't do this". Now this is one of those games where scum's supposed to have day chat and i don't know if that's more of a towntell since i doubt scum would be that out in the open about pointing those things out instead of in the Scum PT.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:18 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 151, Ether wrote:This hi is for you, Sakura. Hi!

Hello, Can you please tell me why you're scumreading LoHa?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Ether »

I did!
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Then i missed it lol, i'll look for it
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Ether »

In general I just think he isn't scumhunting at all, doesn't really have the kind of curiosity I'd expect from town and the questions he does ask feel artificial, and he doesn't lordj's/Mightymandarin's style of newbishness to protect him.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:27 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 134, Ether wrote:Nah, the hi was for OceanWind.

I just...don't get what LoHa's trying to do. He has experience, apparently--it kind of bothered me that he was so terse about coming out with it, which is Page 2 logic but was still a part of my initial vote. (Also I already knew at that point that it wasn't very likely to be anyone else, for various reasons that mostly don't say anything about how townish they actually are.)

His 27 didn't really strike me either way. (Now that I'm typing this I keep wanting to talk about how weird it is that he was asking permission to vote goodmorning, when I don't see how he'd read her jokey reaction as a town tell if he thought she was scummy before then. And maybe that's true and maybe it isn't, but either way I know I'm saying it from a perspective of being sick of us spinning our wheels and really wanting to find somebody scummy already.)

I don't like his showing after I voted, either. People were exchanging reads by then, and he just dropped in and asked me about my return. He doesn't know me and doesn't strike me as someone who asks things just to socialize, and I don't see the point. Continuing to talk about Sakura's Page 1 vote didn't impress me either.

1) Eh, even if he's a veteran, i wouldn't be surprised by someone to play like this if they come from osu!, the only good players there either rarely play and are also from here (pie, gif) or dont play at all (Rantai).
2) This however is a good point
3) This is another good point, considering he knows me but doesnt want to use meta why's he interacting with me mostly, if he was trying to use my meta, it makes sense, but this is just weird.

Then again without knowing who he is i can only say that i've never seen many good players there, so i dont know, but this kind of reasoning is enough to drop him back to null or even lean scum as of right now.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:18 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 157, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 134, Ether wrote:Nah, the hi was for OceanWind.

I just...don't get what LoHa's trying to do. He has experience, apparently--it kind of bothered me that he was so terse about coming out with it, which is Page 2 logic but was still a part of my initial vote. (Also I already knew at that point that it wasn't very likely to be anyone else, for various reasons that mostly don't say anything about how townish they actually are.)

His 27 didn't really strike me either way. (Now that I'm typing this I keep wanting to talk about how weird it is that he was asking permission to vote goodmorning, when I don't see how he'd read her jokey reaction as a town tell if he thought she was scummy before then. And maybe that's true and maybe it isn't, but either way I know I'm saying it from a perspective of being sick of us spinning our wheels and really wanting to find somebody scummy already.)

I don't like his showing after I voted, either. People were exchanging reads by then, and he just dropped in and asked me about my return. He doesn't know me and doesn't strike me as someone who asks things just to socialize, and I don't see the point. Continuing to talk about Sakura's Page 1 vote didn't impress me either.

1) Eh, even if he's a veteran, i wouldn't be surprised by someone to play like this if they come from osu!, the only good players there either rarely play and are also from here (pie, gif) or dont play at all (Rantai).
2) This however is a good point
3) This is another good point, considering he knows me but doesnt want to use meta why's he interacting with me mostly, if he was trying to use my meta, it makes sense, but this is just weird.

Then again without knowing who he is i can only say that i've never seen many good players there, so i dont know, but this kind of reasoning is enough to drop him back to null or even lean scum as of right now.

So what exactly strikes you as bad/scummy play again?

@BM I answered your 3 questions in the post you quoted. There is no question in and I have nothing to add to my previous statements on this issue. So I'll just repeat what I've said about Sakura's argument being comprehensible, it's a sheepalicious one; your reaction to it, idk, nor does anyone else apparently. Moving on.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:23 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 156, Ether wrote:In general I just think he isn't scumhunting at all, doesn't really have the kind of curiosity I'd expect from town and the questions he does ask feel artificial, and he doesn't lordj's/Mightymandarin's style of newbishness to protect him.

This sounds like a standard random reason to back up a shady vote on someone, straight from the scum survival manual. I'm voting SilverWolf, but you don't see me exaggerating or misrepresenting anything about her like you seem to be keen on doing with me.

To all the PR fishers, I said Ether doesn't want to misrepresent me if she's town because I'm town, nothing more nothing less.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:23 am

Post by LoHa »

I
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:24 am

Post by LoHa »

Am
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:24 am

Post by LoHa »

Curious
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:24 am

Post by LoHa »

Mhhkey?!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:26 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 159, LoHa wrote:I'm voting SilverWolf, but you don't see me exaggerating or misrepresenting anything about her like you seem to be keen on doing with me.

Yeah, neither pushing him or trying to get more votes there.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:27 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

VOTE: LoHa
L-2 (i think)
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Wait... are you sLaiNi?
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:29 am

Post by LoHa »

LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:31 am

Post by LoHa »

In post 164, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 159, LoHa wrote:I'm voting SilverWolf, but you don't see me exaggerating or misrepresenting anything about her like you seem to be keen on doing with me.

It's a random vote. I will migrate to a serious one and do all that when I feel like it, thank you very much.
LoHa
LoHa
Goon
LoHa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:45 am

Post by LoHa »

Lol, that did sound scummy. I mean when someone does something scummy and I register it as such. Saying things that aren't true or painting something scummy that isn't is not scumhunting and it makes it difficult to defend against as town.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:02 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 158, LoHa wrote:@BM I answered your 3 questions in the post you quoted. There is no question in and I have nothing to add to my previous statements on this issue. So I'll just repeat what I've said about Sakura's argument being comprehensible, it's a sheepalicious one; your reaction to it, idk, nor does anyone else apparently. Moving on.

So you're saying Sakura's vote on me was the one you found serious. Fine. You still haven't explained why you asked a question that had already been answered.

--
still mixed feelings about LoHa. Like, 159 is terrible, but 169 is the kind of thing town would say, like "i am so very town everyone should be able to see it and if they can't they're scum!"

idk.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:24 am

Post by SilverWolf »

I'm a she. No big deal but I have to do this in almost every game so just getting it out there now.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:26 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 168, LoHa wrote:

It's a random vote. I will migrate to a serious one and do all that when I feel like it, thank you very much.

Keeping your vote in RVS makes it impossible for us to figure out what you're thinking right now, just so you know.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:40 am

Post by Ether »

I just realized that LoHa is at -1, thanks to goodmorning's random vote. I'm going to
unvote
, even though I still think he's scum. I get goodmorning's logic about his 169 and...honestly I still think he's scum anyway.

Then I'm going to hypocritically agree with SilverWolf. More people should really be voting by now!

(Also I'm really hoping OceanWind starts posting here already. He's already announced his entry over in the newbie queue thread, but not here?)
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 173, Ether wrote:I just realized that LoHa is at -1

Huh, last vote count LoHa had 2 votes (yours and GM's), i didnt see any more LoHa votes in the meantime, so i thought mine was L-2
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”