Open 175 - Picking Simplicity (Game Over)

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:31 am

Post by semioldguy »

List of Night Actions:

Iguana:
Night One - Investigated Grimmy (town)
Night Two - Investigated Toro/Sotty7 (mafia)
Night Three - Investigated Heilograph (Iguana was killed)

Scott Brosius:
Night One - Protected Iguana

Mafia and Serial Killer actions are obvious. Mafia kills were flavored as shots.

Mafia Quicktopic:
http://www.quicktopic.com/43/H/MLTtG7uDdHgAk

A Few Thoughts:
The large number of replacement in the first couple game days were a big hit to the town in my opinion. It made reading player slots harder which wasn't helped by the style of some of the players in the game. The town started playing better when there weren't new players replacing in regularly (also due in part because there were less total town players to suspect).

The early loss of the power roles, and late offing of the Serial Killer also hurt the town. Had iguana lived another night a second scum investigation would have greatly helped the town.

I thought it was interesting that on night three Col.Cathart was originally contemplating killing SpyreX, but after the way day three ended he changed his mind and killed StrangerCoug instead. The change would have drastically affected the outcome of the game.
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Grimmy »

I think the confusion with me thinking Nik was the Sk was the idea of two kids high on sugar with boxes over their heads pretending to be tanks screaming IMAGINATION ROCKS!

I did NOT see the real SK for anything.

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:09 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Well I forgot iggy alt password so meh

Anyways...

WHAT THE HELL WAS UP WITH NOT LYNCHING SPY AFTER SOTTY??? It was horribly obvious to me after his attempt to skew obvious crumbs to a yabba lynch. At the same time it became obvious to me that yabba was town so I might of gone along with a KoC lynch just for pushing yabba... but just wow town really?

I actually want SOG to put up my last message because I think I called a Spy/Nik/Helio scumteam when I died but im not sure. I know Spy was in there and Helio was a alternate (which is why I was going for him that night).

Pissed I moved away from a 12kb wagon, that was just a random one to start the game off quick.

@amish - I was actually trying to no lynch when I moved the wagon to you, and almost tried to pull it off again when sotty voted you. I though doing something stupid to stop a lynch would no doubt give me another night, and with a guilty heavily crumbed I would be in a ok position even if I got killed.

At least just about all of my town reads were dead on in this game. Even the move off Scoug

Just kind of mad. It was obvious so obvious yabba was town, and the chance of spy being town was so close to zero there.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 am

Post by semioldguy »

Snipped PM from night three:
Iguana wrote:So scumteam is

Sotty, SpyreX, Yabba and ?? [Kre/Helio]
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:15 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ah, yes

Well the other three were in my top 4 so im happy
Co-host of The USL Show
SerialClergyman
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
SerialClergyman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:25 am

Post by SerialClergyman »

I spent the whole game fighting my scum read on Spyrex because I like playing with him.

<---- played.

Still, it was a very fun game and the scum played well. I had some bad reads and some good ones. Well played kids.
I'm old now.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

Why play a female alt, Llama? Just to call me your "hun" at some point in the game? *creeped out*

(jk) :D

Col likely made a swap from a town (not) player to a scum (not) player because he realized that the Town was in the losing scenario. SK's optimal strategy- kill the people who are winning right now. That's Town's fault.

I haven't the slightest idea how Llama decided to think Helio (Honcho at the time) was scum. I'm impressed- but too bad you got done in before then.

Good to know we were spot-on with catching the investigations.

@Grimmy- you pretty much want the kids to shut up one way or another anyway. :lol:

The thing is- you really gotta participate a tad more- you did play with a good deal of apathy that the SK can do. Col didn't play the apathy card as aggressively, and that's why had it not been for him Mafia-telling oddly enough, that would've done you in.

I'll shut up now about the game- save for the YGDB entry I'm putting in. Not sure how the hell I'll recap this game in one paragraph.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

yabbaguy wrote:Why play a female alt, Llama? Just to call me your "hun" at some point in the game? *creeped out*
Just wanted to mess around a bit. Then it got tedious to log into an alt for just one game so started lurking. I was almost ready to replace myself.
I haven't the slightest idea how Llama decided to think Helio (Honcho at the time) was scum. I'm impressed- but too bad you got done in before then.
SClerg was obviously town, Grimmy I knew was town, I had KoC as non-mafia at that point, skitzer I was heavily leaning town. Didnt leave a whole lot of people and he fit really well. I knew it would be next to impossible to prove though so I investigated him
Co-host of The USL Show
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

At least I did my part in helping kill off the cop :D That makes my lynch a little less painful at least.

Well played Spy and Heilo.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Sotty7 wrote:At least I did my part in helping kill off the cop :D That makes my lynch a little less painful at least.

I did feel sorry watching you replace into a doomed spot. If the doc was alive I would of claimed as soon as I saw Toro getting replaced I think
Co-host of The USL Show
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Post by semioldguy »

LlamaFluff wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:At least I did my part in helping kill off the cop :D That makes my lynch a little less painful at least.

I did feel sorry watching you replace into a doomed spot. If the doc was alive I would of claimed as soon as I saw Toro getting replaced I think
Same here. :(

All replacements were determined randomly though.

Also had an "aww, that sucks" moment when I needed to replace Toro right after I knew he was the investigation target.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Amished wrote:Amished - (8) SpyreX, Grimmy, Iguana, StrangerCoug, Knight of Cydonia, Sotty7, Nikanor, Kreriov (Col. also placed a vote after the hammer).

SpyreX, Sotty, Kreriov and Col. 4 out of the 5 scum were (basically) on me; that makes me feel a bit better.

I still don't understand why the hell I was quickhammered like that; that should've sent alarm bells to everyone that was town at the time. I'm especially disappointed in Iguana for doing something like that as the cop.

Mod: List of night actions?
I think it was that when I was replaced, Hohum never posted, so by the time you replaced him the player slot didn't look good.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I should have stuck with my initial town read on Blastinus! Confound it all! :(
Oh well. My town reads on yabba, Blastinus and Flava were right, and my scum reads on Sotty, Krer and Col were right, so not a bad game overall. I think I learned a lot about saying Wheeee in this game.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

semioldguy wrote:
I thought it was interesting that on night three Col.Cathart was originally contemplating killing SpyreX, but after the way day three ended he changed his mind and killed StrangerCoug instead. The change would have drastically affected the outcome of the game.
*sigh*

To add insult to the injury, I was planning to gun down Spyrex during the next night, if I would be still playing that game and manage to avoid lynch.

Sorry Nul for leaving you a doomed spot.

Also, thanks a lot town - I was helping you by taking down Kre, and his flip was the main reason you lynched me/Nul. God damn... :P
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

I haven't got much to comment on, I'm affraid. My original read was way of, and I spent far more energy on the SK debate with Spyrex then I should have.

May I ask what your reasoning was for killing me on night 2, Col. Cathart? Spyrex seemed to believe I was SK, and that was the only SK discussion going on. I would have expected that you would keep me alive as a lightning rod.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

MichelSableheart wrote:May I ask what your reasoning was for killing me on night 2, Col. Cathart? Spyrex seemed to believe I was SK, and that was the only SK discussion going on. I would have expected that you would keep me alive as a lightning rod.
Dramonic was pretty much random shot, but I smiled when someone started creating link between Dramonic's death and Iguana as an SK by you. So I decided to shoot you as well, and see if we can get somewhere in that direction ;]
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:15 am

Post by EmpTyger »

This last post is going to lead us out of this recovery.

Return to “Completed Open Games”