Mini Theme 2105: Assassins Mafia (Game Over!)

tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:25 am

Post by tris »

In post 1569, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1551, NaCl wrote: I'm reconsidering on pops because if she's town I think the game is going to grind to a halt, especially after that last day. I still need to check through her some more, though.
I only understood this the third time I read it. You think if you mislynch me, the activity will drop out of the game?
My activity might drop regardless of whether I'm lynched, the game now has no Pine, no Oversoul, and no Shadoweh. One of those things is my fault, but I really thought she was scum, so I had to :/
oh, i think i had misread that. i think that's a strange reason to avoid pushing you.

-------------------------------------

I'm currently townreading {Dunnstral, unwnd, DEB}

which leaves me with a lynch pool of {sheepsaysmeep, NaCl, AbuHumaid, popsofctown} with one being town and the other three being the mafia team.

I need to check on Dunnstral though, because I don't fully remember why i townread him.

I'm feeling like sheep is always mafia, so VOTE: sheep

Pedit:^that is true though, i don't think it's the right time to claim that.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1573, popsofctown wrote:*loud visitor

Why did you say you could confirm yourself town?

If you're actually town doctor, that's game throw behavior. You would be baiting the nightkill onto a slot you know isn't protected when you could have a nokill night if Dunnstral baits the kill instead
I looked at it like scum didn't care that I was (Innocent Child) given I've been wrong about two lynches now. I'm also frustrated
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:38 am

Post by unwnd »

I get agitated as PR especially and usually default to 'well I'll just claim my role if people aren't giving me what I want' which can mean a multitude of things. I've been reserving my frustration and trying to assess things calmly, but even if I'm not exactly being vulgar to you fine people inside my mind it is quite the opposite.
Stop
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

From where I'm sitting.. it looks like you're a loud mafia doctor who claimed you could confirm yourself day 2 to help your slot
And didn't think enough about whether a loud town doctor is something that wants to be baiting NKs
And now you need some variant of AtE or another to clamber out of this
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:44 am

Post by popsofctown »

I mean I'm also demoralized 3 green flips doesn't feel great to me at all
But when people are frustrated and throw they tend to throw by -true-claiming. You got frustrated and decided to start fakeclaiming??
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:50 am

Post by unwnd »

I really need people to stop playing de-facto with their reads. Doing that has caused us to mislynch two townies for no good reason. I attest to what I said at the start of the day honestly. I give this game a lot of secondary thought when I'm like, not actually looking at the thread. A lot of the times I had a sinking feeling of being wrong but I eventually just tell myself 'well yknow whatever not my problem town playing bad' and that's a very vain conclusion. I realize to defend my own shortcomings it is easy to blame others. I sit here and think 'what can I do to make town work more like a unit?' but then I also say 'well I don't have the audacity/charisma to make people listen to me as apparent by people shrugging off the rest of my peptalks in this game haha' and we're back to square one of me being really nervous/unsure.

It's a selfish desire, really. I cannot solve a game by just looking at it. I can't start to form conclusions watching others speak up in ways that aren't cumulative. Meaning, I can't vibe with Abu coming in here for example saying 'y'all suck' around last EoD and then parking his vote on TSE for no strong reason. Hipfire reads are great D1 but it's D4 and one of our own decided it was a good idea to get himself modkilled. I need more. I dislike Dunn's style of playing sometimes because it is that frustratingly null type where you only lead on by who you're voting, luckily for him I happen to agree with Abu being scum and I have a feeling that DNS prob knew Dunn was town. Not my biggest point here but the rest of you are kinda just like giving me the bare minimum.

Yet? I don't want that. I don't want to be policing the thread like it's my fucking job. I'd love to come in here and see people talking about
something
. I don't care what. Maybe people will talk about my claim and that can be a starting point. I don't think it's honestly good townplay to act like an advisor or be like 'OK guys, time to scumhunt!' This is my raw opinion on current states and my explanation for my behavior up until this point.
Stop
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

This game has a lot of the players I would try not to queue with, yeah.

I think it is good townplay to coerce people into playing the game. When you have to do it too much it makes you start building a grey list and paying attention to it more.. to be honest. This is a qualitatively different playerlist than Starry Night, for sure.
"Well, I..."
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:59 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1573, popsofctown wrote:*loud visitor

Why did you say you could confirm yourself town?

If you're actually town doctor, that's game throw behavior. You would be baiting the nightkill onto a slot you know isn't protected when you could have a nokill night if Dunnstral baits the kill instead
If this bothers you more intensely than I think then here's a further explanation:

It's because I didn't think I would be killed at all like I said haha. Two of these mislynches are pretty much spearheaded by me yeah? Not gonna say I was the first there but I gave my blessings to them and I don't think scum are particularly shitting themselves over a townie being wrong. It also leads into my point about the whole frustration. My decision wasn't something I meditated on, it was very impulsive and likely stupid.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:02 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1581, popsofctown wrote:This game has a lot of the players I would try not to queue with, yeah.

I think it is good townplay to coerce people into playing the game. When you have to do it too much it makes you start building a grey list and paying attention to it more.. to be honest. This is a qualitatively different playerlist than Starry Night, for sure.
I think it's OK once or twice but I got to the point where I basically felt like that reminder I tried to put out became like a routine. Check thread oh look nobody really posting. Should I post my reminder or some paragraph nobody will read? IDK I tried like twice didn't seem to change much. I hold some unhealthy pessimism and that seeps into my actual personality so often when my (self-righteous) efforts are overlooked or it seems like nobody is paying attention I get defeated and then I eventually just go 'well whatever happens happens'

I don't really know if talking about this is even helpful honestly.
Stop
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

ngl I kind of still feel like the doctor thing might be a scumclaim, but also NaCl's fear of killing what few active players this game has is kind of echoing with me.

Deb, Abu, Dunn, tris, and sheep are all people who just post what their read is and that's about it, usually not much more.

Dunn posted a meme though

That was cool I appreciated it
"Well, I..."
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:10 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1584, popsofctown wrote:ngl I kind of still feel like the doctor thing might be a scumclaim, but also NaCl's fear of killing what few active players this game has is kind of echoing with me.
I get it's just me defending myself but I really don't see where a scum thinks it's a good idea to claim innocent child -> doctor after TSE got himself modkilled. I can see it like 'well he's just capitalizing on his fakeclaim to seem believable' but like..yes I am doing that but I'm just town does that make sense?
Deb, Abu, Dunn, tris, and sheep are all people who just post what their read is and that's about it, usually not much more.
Yes and it's getting to me lol
Stop
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

Well innocent child -> innocent child is not a great option for scum!unwnd. Attempts to convince MariaR to confirm scum!unwnd town in thread would result in a similar fate to TSE's
"Well, I..."
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:13 am

Post by tris »

i'm always open to questions about my reads. sometimes i'll have a lot of thoughts in my head some of them contradictory, and i'm not sure what exactly to talk about, so questions can help me focus my thoughts.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:14 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1586, popsofctown wrote:Well innocent child -> innocent child is not a great option for scum!unwnd. Attempts to convince MariaR to confirm scum!unwnd town in thread would result in a similar fate to TSE's
No it's not. I was just thinking I didn't get my reasoning across exactly because I get how it's scummy to fakeclaim and especially in the manner I did. I guess what I want to win out in the end is the idea of my overall presence and capability to towntell to make up for shoddy decisions.
Stop
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:15 am

Post by tris »

why does scum!unwnd make the innocent child claim in the first place?
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:16 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1587, tris wrote:i'm always open to questions about my reads. sometimes i'll have a lot of thoughts in my head some of them contradictory, and i'm not sure what exactly to talk about, so questions can help me focus my thoughts.
If you have any thoughts that you've been reserving due to the feeling of them like I dunno seeming dumb/fleeting then know I wanna hear it. Can that pose as a question? It did now see what I did there
Stop
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:47 am

Post by tris »

i guess i'll just say a little more on each player.

sheep:
I don't like how all he's been doing is saying he scumreads me. something about it reminds me of when scum has scumread me in the past.

nacl:
i'm still unsure on this. i don't think i'm very good at reading him. somethings he says seem like they might come from town, but i also felt that way in haunted town where he was scum. there's also some statements that seem a little off to me, but that might just come from a different perspective as a player.

AbuHumaid:
hasn't really been doing much. maybe just scum by poe.

pops:
I townread her earlier in the game, but i've been getting the feeling lately that she hasn't really been pushing a town agenda. i don't find much reason to townread her

unwnd:
you keep having posts that feel like they come from town. usually when there's a player i feel this way about, they're town. and this claiming business doesn't seem scum motivated.

dunn:
i remember townreading some stuff from day 1 which i'll have to go look at again. and also like you, i'm trusting DNS's read a bit.

DEB:
i've read a game that had scum!DEB. there, he basically didn't do anything. here, he's actually has SOME opinion (even though it's wrong).
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:49 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1591, tris wrote:i guess i'll just say a little more on each player.

sheep:
I don't like how all he's been doing is saying he scumreads me. something about it reminds me of when scum has scumread me in the past.

nacl:
i'm still unsure on this. i don't think i'm very good at reading him. somethings he says seem like they might come from town, but i also felt that way in haunted town where he was scum. there's also some statements that seem a little off to me, but that might just come from a different perspective as a player.

AbuHumaid:
hasn't really been doing much. maybe just scum by poe.

pops:
I townread her earlier in the game, but i've been getting the feeling lately that she hasn't really been pushing a town agenda. i don't find much reason to townread her

unwnd:
you keep having posts that feel like they come from town. usually when there's a player i feel this way about, they're town. and this claiming business doesn't seem scum motivated.

dunn:
i remember townreading some stuff from day 1 which i'll have to go look at again. and also like you, i'm trusting DNS's read a bit.

DEB:
i've read a game that had scum!DEB. there, he basically didn't do anything. here, he's actually has SOME opinion (even though it's wrong).
Yeah, I'm worried about
sheep
too. I've been worried about him. The presence he had at the start of his replacement does not nearly stack up to what he is doing now. We have different reference but if he's going to scumread you I don't know why he tries to I dunno, develop it? I would really love to see that more. Do you think Sheep acting the way is indicative of scum or an apathetic townie that doesn't know what to do? This is slightly rhetorical. I think being apathetic has worked well for scum and it's definitely their agenda right now as town is willingly creating the environment to do so. I think the conclusions he makes are essentially uh, not there and if it's a motivation factor then yeah time to speak up or else I'm gonna agree something's up.

NAcL
is a curious case, one I've even talked about it in some form. I think what I felt still remains true, if anything it's been heightened. He's always exhibiting right-time-right-moment behavior where he picks and chooses where he interacts with the thread. I appreciate that he isn't just firing off reads into the ether but at the same time is what he's saying ultimately changing anything? With himself? With others? I don't really think so. I think it's different to say what you're thinking and just saying things just to well, say stuff. I feel like he's just saying stuff to put it simply. I appreciate the thoughts but if they're being made with no goal in mind it lacks town motive. Even if the most braindead and incoherent town
TSE
say things that mean something to them. The reason that I feel it means nothing because it's kinda like he presents his opinions but then they don't come to anything else. I'm certain he's responded to me and I ignored it, but I dunno if me confronting NAcL will do anything though, I would just prefer if he didn't have to be confronted at all yknow? The fact he does to merit more than just a bullet list of opinions he's been giving throughout has me weary.

Abu
is probably just scum. Not gonna bother explaining why it should be obvious to anyone. I think nobody disagrees but perhaps we've been giving his mates a liability to be like 'well he's so obvious so let's try and weed out the other mates' but we're here now and I'm totally fine with lynching him. I can't see this game ever existing where he isn't scum.

I agree with you about
Pops
. I have no reason to townread her anymore and that's unfortunate given her honest effort to like I dunno, be something more than the types I've described earlier. I empathetically townread it but rn I'm looking at it like..what is Pops achieving as well? I townread her strange behavior earlier but now that Weh flipped green I'm just wondering what the next course of action is for her, and seeing Weh flip green makes me look at the previous day a bit differently. I like when people are sure about their scumreads but there really was no flexibility. There hasn't been any flexibility. I find myself concluding a lot of behavior similar to others I have problems with but then it turns into the idea that town really is just that deflated. I like that Pops tries to respond to me or even consider what I'm saying, it's cool to some sort of feedback. I wouldn't mind being on the listening end however if she does happen to be town though.

unwnd
is just stupid and bad!

Dunn
probably town I just wish he didn't scumread me cause I have a pet peeve about players who play like Dunn scumreading me because there is no exact reasoning with them on a fundamental level of talking it out it's just like ok make up your mind.

DEB
I really don't know lol. I need more. I neeeeed moreeee.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:52 am

Post by unwnd »

In a perfect world the town is Me Pops Tris Dunn BDE with Abu Sheep and naCL as the scumteam. I would love for this world to exist honestly, I just dunno if it exactly does. I think I'm wrong on one of my townreads. I definitely think if we can't think of anything better lynching any kind of red would be great so Abu is a safety lynch regardless.

You know, I had the thought earlier that not all scum could be lurkers but really this game is just pereptual lurking from both sides so I don't really blame 'em but also again makes it hard to determine whos lurkscum and lurktown, so for the town that are still out there I need you to differentiate yourself from scum so that we can possibly win this game !!!
Stop
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

Salt and Abu are still the scummiest slots for me. Yes, I am 0 for 1 on mislynches versus lynches. If I don't seem to be doing more or "going" places it's really hard when the thread is mostly air. NaCl is one of the few people playing the game but while I'm not going to make slam dunk brags right after a mislynch I feel confident enough about saltscum that I'm not really inclined to jam reads with that player. You're kind of the only player in the game unwnd, unless 1591 is "the new normal" and not a peak. I tend to feel like there's not enough fresh posting so I'd have to quote things I've said about salt and abu again. I really hate repeating myself. It's actually maybe like at the level of a phobia or something. I title my work emails in a foreign language sometimes just so the content and the title don't contain the same phrase.
Dunnstral is just kind of emptily stating I'm scum. I've seen him do that as both alignments, so I can't go anywhere with that.

tris and sheep both seem like players that can actually
play
but to varying extents largely haven't. The patterns of when tris' posting falls off and when sheep's posting fall off seems like tris gets disinterested randomly and sheep gets disinterested when the game gets genuinely uninteresting. That's working from memory.

I feel pretty open to changing my mind about tris if she can jog my memory about what I was townreading from her before and get more out of today, whereas Abu feels like a cursed_slot to me, with a combination of can't and won't post any things that would change my mind. Maybe it's the 08ness of me but I think it's really weird he's received so little pressure for the way he's playing and even now his positions seem designed to keep him safe.

DEB is a player I think would be unlikely to bus in the D2 position he was given so I was complacently hopeful today I would be able to just write him off for participating in a scum!Shadoweh lynch but obviously that was wrong. He's probably
still
unlikely to bus so I should hesitate to vote tris?
"Well, I..."
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:41 pm

Post by NaCl »

In post 1575, tris wrote:
In post 1569, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1551, NaCl wrote: I'm reconsidering on pops because if she's town I think the game is going to grind to a halt, especially after that last day. I still need to check through her some more, though.
I only understood this the third time I read it. You think if you mislynch me, the activity will drop out of the game?
My activity might drop regardless of whether I'm lynched, the game now has no Pine, no Oversoul, and no Shadoweh. One of those things is my fault, but I really thought she was scum, so I had to :/
oh, i think i had misread that. i think that's a strange reason to avoid pushing you.
Well, things are different now, seeing that TSE died. But as pops was a more active slot, I wasn't in any hurry to lynch her right away. Because regardless of how she flipped, town or scum, I don't think that would help me improve my reads on the quieter people, but lynching in the opposite order would be more useful. And if she did flip town then it would pretty much make Lylo and every day after that a coin flip, save for PRs.
In post 1578, popsofctown wrote:From where I'm sitting.. it looks like you're a loud mafia doctor who claimed you could confirm yourself day 2 to help your slot
And didn't think enough about whether a loud town doctor is something that wants to be baiting NKs
And now you need some variant of AtE or another to clamber out of this
I don't see there being a loud mafia anything unless it upgrades into something better. I'm not really suspicious of unwnd in general, and I don't know if you are...are you? Because your stance on him feels kind of middle of the road, while I find him to be one of my stronger townreads.

Although I don't want to discuss unwnd's claim further as I don't think it matters if he's a loud mafia doctor or a loud town visitor or a loud mafia visitor or whatever. We know he's loud, all that matters is if he's mafia or not. And I think his play has been townie, and loud is more likely to come from town over scum.

VOTE: Sheep
I could also go for Abuhumaid, but sheep has been going after tris all game without making the slightest effort to actually push that through or convince anyone of it, and I don't understand why he's making the case in the first place. It doesn't feel real at all.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Information:

Me and DNS are both informed, we both know who the other persons target is, and both of us upgrade to the same thing - 1-shot vigilante

With that being said, my target is already dead, so I won't be getting that, but we believed that we were town because 1-shot vigilante would be swingy for scum, along with the unique situation of our roles
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

The last thing he posted was asking me to push Tse with him today, and that there is scum in TSE/Pops/Tris, and that Sheep is town. Using a lot more words than that

With that said, I don't agree with Sheep being town
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I think we should massclaim at this point. I can't see it doing harm than good at this point. Abu should go first, but after that popcorn is fine.
"Well, I..."
AbuHumaid
AbuHumaid
Goon
AbuHumaid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by AbuHumaid »

I'm VT.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”