Mini 1748: ClownTardis Mafia - GAME OVER!

BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by BROseidon »

So basically this setup was 11:2 with a town neighborizer and a bunch of town shit that did nothing?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I'd be sad if it weren't for amazing play by Plottin and such great hosting/flavour/fucking-with-town from Rift hydra.

I really has a fun game here! One of my favourite ever, I daresay!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1600, BROseidon wrote:So basically this setup was 11:2 with a town neighborizer and a bunch of town shit that did nothing?
Yep. We figured this out after death and had a good, sad laugh about it :P
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think I called Plot on D1 :)
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Wrong about most other stuff though.

Oh wellz.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

In post 1600, BROseidon wrote:So basically this setup was 11:2 with a town neighborizer and a bunch of town shit that did nothing?

The Fifth Doctor was the Eighth Doctor's protector. Neither was night killable until Davsto died. And the town's non-protective abilities worked on other town,
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1605, Rift Adrift wrote:

The Fifth Doctor was the Eighth Doctor's protector. Neither was night killable until Davsto died. And the town's non-protective abilities worked on other town,
Thus making us all clowns. In a Tardis clown car.
- Jingle
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Also, I've updated our "STUFF" post with the role PMs, night actions and links to PTs. We'll also release the Dalek PT if Davsto and Plottin Kittehs are ok with that.
Syryana and fferyllt: doing nothing but tunneling while giving virtually no other reads worth anything. Also, puppies.

If it were that simple, if it were only that simple, we would never have called you in about it, Rydra Wong. -- Samuel R. Delany,
Babel-17
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Btw, why was my ability randomized N2 and 3??

Was that because I was a clown?
- Jingle
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Your ability was randomized every night. The first night it randomized to the same ability you picked.

From your role PM:

"The TARDIS is a wonderful, nearly magical creation with a will of its own. However, it was meant to be piloted by not one but six, and as such you cannot control its abilities so well as you would like. Each night, you may select two players. Those players will become the target of one of the following abilities"

We didn't immediately realize that you thought you got to pick both the targets and the ability!

Babel-17
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by Davsto »

Ayy

Bye bye meta curse

By everyone, you played super well, particularly Plot and Mala because I know it probably wasn't the best time for you two!

I'm fine with the Dalek thread being released.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1609, Rift Adrift wrote:Your ability was randomized every night. The first night it randomized to the same ability you picked.

From your role PM:

"The TARDIS is a wonderful, nearly magical creation with a will of its own. However, it was meant to be piloted by not one but six, and as such you cannot control its abilities so well as you would like. Each night, you may select two players. Those players will become the target of one of the following abilities"

We didn't immediately realize that you thought you got to pick both the targets and the ability!
Oh shit, ture!

I just assumed so because both living and dead were options!

I missed that wording somehow. I bet I looked pretty foolish. Almost clown like! :P
- Jingle
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by Davsto »

But yeh, it wasn't hidden-mountainous - sure, many roles amounted to nothing, but in the dead thread I did list several roles that did do stuff.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Davsto »

Just gonna post my Role PM for my wiki.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Davsto »

Welcome!

You are:

Davros
Kaled Scientific Elite

Your Abilities:

Time Lord Experience
: You've been fighting the Time Lords, particularly the Doctor, over space and time for centuries. You know everything about them, their stratagems, their weapons, their numbers, even their thoughts and beliefs. You can emulate them perfectly, allowing you to use your voice and your vote as if you were one of them.
Eternal Creator
: You've kept yourself alive through scientific means for centuries. And you have an army of Daleks. Really, who's going to kill you? You are immune to night kills.
Death By Proxy
: You never act personally, you're too important and frail for that. Your agents and creations, the Daleks, carry out your will throughout the known universe. You can't be tracked, watched, or cop-investigated.
Finest Weapons of War
: You were born for war. As your body could not handle the rigors of physical warfare you turned your significant mental prowess to developing weapons to utterly annihilate your enemies. Your kill can't be blocked or protected against.
Bound by Blood
: Some of your technology has been stolen by your enemies and re-purposed for use against you and your Dalek horde. What they don't know, however, is that all of your creations are tied to your life force and that they will be rendered ineffective upon your death. While you live, you enable certain actions.

Factional Abilities

- You can perform the night kill and still use your regular ability.
- Your partner is
Plottin Kittehs
- You and
Plottin Kittehs
have a factional Private Thread here. You can use the private thread during the day as well as at night.
- You know that the War Doctor is not in the game
- You can request a fake town role PM and we will craft one for you.

Your Win Condition:

You win when the
Daleks
purge the Universe of all non-Dalek life or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Confirmaton:

Reply to this PM with your role name and alignment. Once ten players have confirmed, the game will begin!
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

The original "oh haha let's do a Dr Who game and call it ClownTardis!" concept actually was hidden-mountanous, but it didn't stay that way for long. The Beloved Doctor role needed a counter, since it would eventually knock out a day phase. Working out that, plus the Motivator/Enabler interactions took the game out of purely mountainous. The serial killer red herring plus the Dalek team size was meant to confound both Doctors and Daleks a little, and the similar/overlapping roles were also meant to cause a little paranoia and counterclaims. KuroiXFH's decision to play it cool and investigate the other FBI agent was a wise move!

I also thought his thought process about Day 7 was good play.

I expected Not_Mafia to reveal that he had an inno on BRO (not Aeronaut) after Kuroi conf-towned himself today. Then it would have come down to whether to believe Not_Maf or Plotteh!

Babel-17
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

good god

I'm sorry guys

If I wasn't modkilled and that was obvious that noone can lynch me ever I could have survived the whole game and keep that treasure doc alive .

I was just trying to take the night bullet :(

Sorry
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Davsto enabled your role. After his lynch, the Fifth Doctor became a vanilla townie. I thought it hurt town to lose you, but not as badly as it initially appeared.

Babel-17
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Was gonna post this in twilight but I was asleep:

@Mods: Thanks for modding! I really enjoyed this game, probably one of my favourite games in a while. I'm okay with releasing the PT

Thanks for playing everyone.

I'm sorry I was scum, broseidon. I had a little bit too much fun pretending to be masons with you. I hope someday to be on the same team with you for real.

Kuroi, you were right about me. MYLO is hard.

talah, i've ended up carrying my hydra as both alignments: in the recent blitz (sorry for scumreading you there btw, that game was really awful), and in a couple that i was playing back in august. I only have one towngame where my hydra partner was posting regularly in the game thread.

Hydraing with Mala was really fun and she wasn't lurking because of her alignment but because she has work and school and she was everything I needed this game and I don't think we could have won without her contributions. Mala doesn't post often in her games, but everything she posts is just right and she's often doing a lot more than it looks like, even when she's only able to check in infrequently.

Good luck in school, Mala. I want to hydra with you again after your break is over. <3
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Rift Adrift
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Rift Adrift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by Rift Adrift »

Babel-17
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:02 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

"don't be scared of cheetory even though he's right about everything"
c:
Oh well.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:05 am

Post by Plotinus »

In post 1620, Cheetory6 wrote:"don't be scared of cheetory even though he's right about everything"
c:
Oh well.

Everything about was pretty scary. Those were really good questions and I felt you would have put it together.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:19 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

<3 Thanks. I got bogged down on Rob a lot more than I should have, but you undeniably played an amazing game. Prepare for me to be wary of you in every game that we're ever in from now on :P
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:28 am

Post by BROseidon »

I think that the FA modkill hurt town because it caused me to neighborize scum instead of town, which killed the only ~real~ power that town had this game.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 am

Post by BROseidon »

And it let Plot work me over good in the neighborhood while I basically privately hand-fed him setup spec.

Like, even if mastin/talah didn't claim in thread, there was a 50% chance that they would have gotten NK'd because I'd figured it out and handed it to scum on a silver platter :/

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”