Mini 1451: A Memory of Light (Game Over)

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1669, Nero Cain wrote:grrrr.

good win by scum. That bus is what won it.
As you may have noticed if you read the QT, I was plotting out all sorts of crazy plans with scum PRs on the table super early.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

gg scum, game was too confusing and people spent far too much time talking about roles and setup imo.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:24 am

Post by Belisarius »

That's my fault, too. I was
so sure
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:04 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1676, ThAdmiral wrote:gg scum, game was too confusing and people spent far too much time talking about roles and setup imo.
Actually, if people had paid more attention to this, you would never have been lynched in the first place.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:10 am

Post by Cephrir »

Rand al'Thor (Demon/Empking) wrote:
Yet one shall be born to face the Shadow, 
born once more as he was born before, 
and shall be born again, time without end.
 The Dragon shall be Reborn,
 and there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth at his rebirth. 
In sackcloth and ashes shall he clothe the people, 
and he shall break the world again by his coming, 
tearing apart all ties that bind.
 Like the unfettered dawn shall he blind us, and burn us,
 yet shall the Dragon Reborn confront the Shadow at the Last Battle,
and his blood shall give us the Light.
 Let tears flow, O ye people of the world.
 Weep for your salvation.

-The Karaethon Cycle

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, Demon. You are
Rand al'Thor, Town Channeler Roleblocker 1-Shot Modified Lightning Rod 1-shot Dreamwalker

You have the following abilities:
Overpower
(active, night): You are the strongest channeler living, not to mention the strongest to live in the Third Age. As such, you may forcibly shield one player from the Source and bind him or her in flows of Air. That player will be roleblocked (regardless of whether their abilities use the One Power).

Warp Reality
(active, one-shot, night): You are an incredibly strong ta'veren, and incredible events occur wherever you go. One during the game, you can deliberately harness this power and focus your will on other players. Choose three players. All abilities used by those players tonight will target you instead of their intended targets.

Dreamwalker
(active, one-shot, day): You have the ability to enter Tel'aran'rhiod, the dream world, and remain there for the night one time. Because you know how vulnerable your dreaming body is while you do this, you will be sure to sleep in a safe place. Most abilities cannot target you while you do this, but Tel'aran'rhiod is a dangerous place and the landscape has begun to shift wildly as the Last Battle approaches. You can't be certain what perils await you there, but you do know that if any other players are dreamwalking on the same night, you will get a mutual QuickTopic and be able to speak with them anonymously (I'll give you details about how this will work when the time comes) for the night. Note that this is a DAY ability. That is, you must tell me BEFORE DAY ENDS if you want to dreamwalk at night.

Channeler
(passive): Your abilities are One Power abilities unless they state otherwise.

You win when all threats to the Light are eliminated.
Mat Cauthon (ThAdmiral) wrote:
"I'm no bloody assassin," Mat said, pulling the brim of his hat down and picking up his bundle. "I never kill a man unless he demands it-- demands it with screams and thunder so loudly, I figure it would be impolite not to agree to the request. If I stab you, friend, you'll know that it is coming, and you will know why. I promise you that."

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, ThAdmiral. You are
Matrim Cauthon, Town 1-Shot Reflexive Modified Commuter 1-Shot Nexus

Foxhead medallion
(1-shot, passive): You wished to be safe from the One Power, and your wish was granted. The first time a player targets you with a One Power ability, the ability will fail.

Ta'veren Luck
(active, 1-shot, night): Everything just seems to go your way. Once during the game, you may decide to ensure your safety. Any ability that would target you tonight targets a random player other than you instead [this cannot cause any role to target itself unless it already has the ability to do so or mafia to kill a member of the same mafia].

Mod Note: Naming this ability "modified commuter" was perhaps misleading and incorrect. I was hoping ThAd would clarify things a bit, but evidently I should have gone with "1-shot passive foxhead" as originally intended.
Egwene al'Vere (Selkies) wrote:
"You are the Watcher of the Seals, Mother," Moiraine said. "Did you not hear what I said earlier? 'It shall come to pass that what men made shall be shattered, and the Shadow shall lie across the Pattern of the Age, and the Dark One shall once more lay his hand upon the world of man…It does need to be done, and the seals are yours. You will break them, when the time is right."

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, Selkies. You are
Egwene al'Vere, Town Channeler Dreamer Dreamwalker

Dreamer
(active, night): You have prophetic dreams, but you can't necessarily control exactly what you dream. Each night, you may choose a player to focus on and try to dream about. You will learn the type of one of that player's abilities. For example, if you investigated a Town Vigilante Doctor, you would have a 50% chance to get the result “killing” and 50% to get the result “protective”. You will not see X-Shot abilities that have been used up, the Mafia factional kill, or passive abilities. If you investiagte the same player multiple times you may get different results. The results you can possibly get are as follows: investigative, protective, killing, manipulative (e.g. roleblock, redirect), miscellaneous.

Dreamwalker
(active, non-consecutive, day): You have the ability to enter Tel'aran'rhiod, the dream world, and remain there for the night. Because you know how vulnerable your dreaming body is while you do this, you will be sure to sleep in a safe place. Most abilities cannot target you while you do this, but Tel'aran'rhiod is a dangerous place and the landscape has begun to shift wildly as the Last Battle approaches. You can't be certain what perils await you there, but you do know that if any other players are dreamwalking on the same night, you will get a mutual QuickTopic and be able to speak with them anonymously (I'll give you details about how this will work when the time comes) for the night. Note that this is a DAY ability. That is, you must tell me BEFORE DAY ENDS if you want to dreamwalk at night.

Channeler

Elayne Trakand (sword_of_omens) wrote:
"Don't you see?" Elayne said. "There won't be war any more. We win this, and there will be peace, as Rand intends. Nobody but Trollocs would go into battle, knowing they face weapons like these!"

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, sword_of_omens. You are
Elayne Trakand, Town Channeler Inventor Dreamwalker

Create ter'angreal
(active, night): You have rediscovered the Talent for creating ter'angreal, an ability long thought lost. There are a number of different ter'angreal you have learned to recreate, and there is enough demand for some of these that you know what they do and can thus give one away each night. You have three inventions, each of which can be used once by any Channeler. Any player may possess your inventions and give them to others, but non-Channelers cannot use them themselves. They are as follows:
Twisted stone ring
: Grants a one-shot Dreamwalk (identical to your ability).
A'dam
: Grants a one-shot modified redirect (the redirect only works against One Power abilities).
Green stone disc
: Grants a one-shot modified strongman ninja (on the night a player actiates this invention he or she may use another ability as well. The second ability cannot be detected by trackers or watchers and cannot be redirected, roleblocked, or dreamwalked away from).

Dreamwalker
(active, non-consecutive, day): You have the ability to enter Tel'aran'rhiod, the dream world, and remain there for the night. Because you know how vulnerable your dreaming body is while you do this, you will be sure to sleep in a safe place. Most abilities cannot target you while you do this, but Tel'aran'rhiod is a dangerous place and the landscape has begun to shift wildly as the Last Battle approaches. You can't be certain what perils await you there, but you do know that if any other players are dreamwalking on the same night, you will get a mutual QuickTopic and be able to speak with them anonymously (I'll give you details about how this will work when the time comes) for the night. Note that this is a DAY ability. That is, you must tell me BEFORE DAY ENDS if you want to dreamwalk at night.

Channeler

Min Farshaw (Amrun) wrote:
"What do you see around me?" Fortuona said. "Speak it, Doomseer. I would know your omens, and judge you true or false!" That sounded dangerous. "I see a bloody death lily, as I told Mat," Min said. "And three ships, sailing. An insect in the darkness. Red lights, spread across a field that should be lush and ripe. A man with the teeth of a wolf." Fortuona drew in a sharp breath. She looked up at Mat. "This is a great gift you have brought me, Knotai. Enough to pay your penance. Enough for credit beyond. Such a grand gift."
"Well…I…"
"I don't belong to anyone," Min said. "Except maybe Rand, and him to me."
Fortuona ignored her, standing. "This woman is my new
Soe'feia.
Doomseer, Truthspeaker! Holy woman, she who may not be touched. We have been blessed. Let it be known. The Crystal Throne has not had a true reader of the omens for over three centuries!"

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, NicCage. You are
Min Farshaw, Town 1-shot Cop

Doomseer
(active, one-shot, night): You naturally see visions hovering around everyone else all the time, but you only sometimes understand the significance of these omens. Once during the game, you may investigate another player. I will tell you whether or not that player is mafia-aligned. Your investigation is guaranteed sane.

Gawyn Trakand (Nero Cain) wrote:
She turned to Gawyn. He didn't seem tired at all, though he was strangely pale. Egwene sipped her tea and silently cursed him. It was unfair, but she wasn't concerned with fairness right now. She could grumble at her Warder. That was what they were for, wasn't it?

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, Nero Cain. You are
Gawyn Trakand, Town Modified Bodyguard

Night's Shade
(active, night): You possess a Seanchan Bloodknife's ring. This is a powerful device that can be used by non-channelers to give them superhuman strength and reflexes... at the cost of the user's life. The Seanchan use these rings to create perfect assassins who cannot give away anyone's plans, but as a Warder, your first thought is to protect. Each night, you may stand guard over a player. If that player is targetted by a killing ability, you will activate the ring with your blood and save your target. However, this will cause you to die at the end of the following Day phase. You will be notified if this occurs. You may not target yourself.

Aviendha (Ghostlin) wrote:
A group of Maidens ate nearby, chatting with hand talk. Aviendha could have read it, but didn't. It would only make her wish she could join them. She'd become a Wise One and had forsaken her old life. That didn't mean she had purged herself of every bit of envy.

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, Ghostlin. You are
Aviendha, Town Channeler Dreamwalker

Dreamwalker

Channeler

Gaul (Belisarius) wrote:
"I'm coming, Perrin Aybara. Kill me if you wish me to remain behind." Perrin didn't dare push him on it.

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, Belisarius. You are
Gaul, Town 1-Shot Dreamwalker

In the Flesh
(active, one-shot, day): You have the ability to enter Tel'aran'rhiod, the dream world, and remain there for the night. You will enter in the flesh and therefore will not be at home should anyone try to visit you. Most abilities cannot target you while you do this, but Tel'aran'rhiod is a dangerous place and the landscape has begun to shift wildly as the Last Battle approaches. You can't be certain what perils await you there, but you do know that if any other players are dreamwalking on the same night, you will get a mutual QuickTopic and be able to speak with them anonymously (I'll give you details about how this will work when the time comes) for the night. Note that this is a DAY ability. That is, you must tell me BEFORE DAY ENDS if you want to dreamwalk at night.

Siuan Sanche (milkshake) wrote:
"Egwene al'Vere," Siuan called after the Amyrlin. "Tell me where we first met!" The others looked at Siuan, frowning at her temerity. Egwene, however, seemed to understand. "Fal Dara," she said. "you bound me with Air on our trip down the river from there, as part of a lesson in the Power I have never forgotten."

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, milkshake. You are
Siuan Sanche, Town Channeler

Channeler

Mod Note: You were all pretty much right that she was too minor a character to be in the setup; she was supposed to be Pevara, but I lost that part of my notes (along with those of the Sister QT account passwords that I couldn't remember) and forgot.
Birgitte Silverbow (MattP) wrote:
"I think…" Birgitte said. "Those things are messy. And imprecise. And bloody
effective
."

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, MattP. You are
Birgitte Silverbow, Town Vanilla

You have no abilities save your voice and your vote.

Moridin (GCBC) wrote:
"Now? Now you beg me to return to the Light? I have been promised oblivion. Finally, nothing, a destruction of my entire being. An end. You will not steal that from me, Lews Therin! By my grave, you will not!"

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, GoodCop_BadCop. You are
Moridin, Mafia Channeler Modified Godfather Tracker Watcher Dreamwalker

Nae'blis
(passive): You appear to be aligned with the Town to all Cop investigations. In addition, you may at any point PM me with a role you would like to appear as for the purposes of any role cop effects. Until you tell me otherwise, you will appear to have the role of the Perrin Aybara fake claim I have provided you.

Track
(active, night, non-Power): As the de facto executor of the Dark One's plans, you have the ability to order Darkfriends around, and you have no shortage of them. You may order a particularly stealthy Darkfriend to follow a player at night. You will learn who that player visited at night.

Watch
(active, night, non-Power): As the de facto executor of the Dark One's plans, you have the ability to order Darkfriends around, and you have no shortage of them. You may order a particularly stealthy Darkfriend to watch a player at night. You will learn who, if anyone, visited that player at night.

Dreamwalk

Note: there is at least one town-aligned player with the Dreamwalk ability.

Forsaken
(passive): You are a member of the Dark faction. You may discuss as you wish in this QT at night, and during the day so long as your Encryptor lives. Your fellow Forsaken are Miss Destroyer (Moghedien) and Iecerint (Mazrim Taim).

True Power
(active, collective, night): Your group may choose one player to kill each night. One mafia member must be specified to execute the kill. A mafia member may both kill and perform another ability in the same night.

You win when all threats to the Dark are eliminated.
Moghedien (Ms Marangal) wrote:
Moghedien almost chortled with glee. Graendal had always used her looks as a bludgeon of a different type. How perfect! The woman must be positively writhing inside. What had she done to earn such a punishment? Graendal's stature--her authority, the myths told about her--were all linked to her beauty. What now? Would she have to start searching for the most horrid people alive to keep as pets, the only ones who could compete with her ugliness? This time, Moghedien did laugh. A quiet laugh, but Graendal heard. The woman shot her a glare that could have set a section of the ocean aflame all on its own. Moghedien returned a calm gaze, feeling more confident now. She resisted the urge to stroke the cour'souvra.
Bring what you will, Graendal
, she thought.
We are on level footing now. We shall see who ends this race ahead.

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, Miss Destroyer. You are
Moghedien, Mafia Channeler Meddler Redirector

Dreamwalk

Meddle
(active, non-consecutive, night): You are the perils of Tel'aran'rhiod, and they call you the Spider for a reason-- you can maintain your cover all day and all night. On a night during which you are dreamwalking, as you blend in with the other visitor(s), you may choose a player name and a pseudonym (players will post under pseudonyms in the Tel'aran'rhiod Quicktopic). If you correctly match a pseudonym to a player, you will be able to follow that player out of the dream world and kill them. You may use this ability and Dreamwalk on the same night (and may not use it on nights you aren't dreamwalking).

Compulsion
(active, night): You know how to force others to do your bidding using the Power. You may weave a web of Compulsion over a target player. That player will target the player of your choice (they will be redirected).

True Power
(active, collective, night): Your group may choose one player to kill each night. One mafia member must be specified to execute the kill. A mafia member may both kill and perform another ability in the same night.

Forsaken
(passive): You are a member of the Dark faction. You may discuss as you wish in this QT at night, and during the day so long as your Encryptor lives. Your fellow Forsaken are GoodCop_BadCop (Moridin) and Iecerint (Mazrim Taim).

Channeler

You win when all threats to the Dark are eliminated or nothing can prevent this.
Mazrim Taim (Iecerint) wrote:
Taim stood on the dais, beside Logain's slumped form, the women and the Fades. He seemed to consider this woman, perhaps one of the Forsaken, a greater threat than anyone else in the room. "You think that will work, do you?" Taim asked. "When the Nae'blis hears of how you are bungling--" "The Nae'blis? I care not for Moridin. I have already provided a gift to the Great Lord himself. Beware, I am in his favor. I hold the keys in my hands, Hessalam."

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, Iecerint. You are
Mazrim Taim, Mafia Channeler Encryptor 1-shot Modified Strongman

Balefire
(active, one-shot, night): Balefire burns a man out of existence and out of the Pattern. A powerful weapon and a dangerous tool. Your long-lived companions prefer not to use balefire too often, lest they unravel the Pattern entirely, and even you know some temper, but you need to prove your devotion to your new masters in order to assure them of your loyalty. If you are making the mafia kill the night you use this ability, the kill will not be preventable, blockable, or redirectable.

Traitor
(passive): Your fellow Forsaken use you to pass messages to one another, as you have not yet revealed your true loyalties and can move about without generating as much suspicion. While you live, the mafia has daytalk.

Forsaken
: You are a member of the Dark faction. You may discuss as you wish in this QT at night, and during the day so long as your Encryptor lives. Your fellow Forsaken are GoodCop_BadCop (Moridin) and Miss Destroyer (Moghedien).

True Power

Channeler

You win when all threats to the Dark are eliminated, or nothing can prevent this.

Note: there will be a followup PM with fakeclaims for your faction.
Initial Mafia Fakeclaims wrote:
Perrin Aybara wrote:
"You are strong here," Gaul said thoughtfully. "Very strong. Do the Wise Ones know of this?" "I'm still a pup compared to them," Perrin said. "Perhaps," Gaul said. "I have not seen them, and they do not speak of this place to men." He shook his head. "Much honor, Perrin Aybara. You have much honor."

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, Playername. You are
Perrin Aybara, Town Tracker Watcher Dreamwalker

Stalk Prey
(active, night): You have the ability to communicate with wolves. A tight, you can direct a wolf to carefully follow a player. They will inform you of where that player went.

Golden Eyes
(active, night): Wolves are everywhere, and fortunately, they are willing to obey your directions and take careful note of the passage of 'two-legs'. You may have your wolves watch a player at night. They will tell you who, if anyone, visited that player. You may target yourself with this ability.

The Wolf Dream
(active, non-consecutive, day): You have the ability to enter Tel'aran'rhiod, the dream world (though you know it as the wolf dream) and remain there for the night. Because you know how vulnerable your dreaming body is while you do this, you will be sure to sleep in a safe place. Most abilities cannot target you while you do this, but Tel'aran'rhiod is a dangerous place and the landscape has begun to shift wildly as the Last Battle approaches. You can't be certain what perils await you there, but you do know that if any other players are dreamwalking on the same night, you will get a mutual QuickTopic and be able to speak with them anonymously (I'll give you details about how this will work when the time comes) for the night. Note that this is a DAY ability. That is, you must tell me BEFORE DAY ENDS if you want to dreamwalk at night.

Cadsuane Melaidhrin wrote:
Cadsuane was increasingly convinced that the Shadow for years had been carrying out a complex plan to undermine the White Tower. It went deeper than Siuan Sanche's unfortunate unseating and Elaida's reign. It might be decades, centuries, before they understood the extent of the Shadow's planning. However, the sheer number of Black sisters--hundreds, not the few dozen Cadsuane had guessed--shouted of what had happened. For now, Cadsuane had to work with what she had. That included these Wise Ones, poorly trained in using weaves but never lacking in grit. Useful.

Cadsuane Melaidhrin, Town Channeler Redirector Dreamwalker

Meddle
(active, non-Power): As the oldest living Aes Sedai, you have schemed and been plotted against for hundreds of years in the White Tower. Needless to say, you have become an expert in getting your way. At night, you may manipulate a player into targeting the player of your choice.

Dreamwalk

Channeler

Nynaeve al'Meara wrote:
"Oh, now you want me to watch after Rand?" Nynaeve said, hands on hips. "I don't believe I ever stopped, Perrin Aybara. Don't think I didn't hear you two whispering over there. You're doing something foolish, aren't you?"

Nynaeve al'Meara, Town Channeler Doctor Dreamwalker

Water, Air, Spirit
(active, night): You are an incredibly strong Aes Sedai and have committed yourself to Healing the wounded by joining the Yellow Ajah. Each night, you may stay with a player and Heal him or her should they be attacked. If they would die, you will prevent their death.

Dreamwalk

Channeler

Moiraine Damodred wrote:
Rand. His face had grown pale. He stumbled away from the table, as if all else had been forgotten, and pushed his way to Moiraine. He hesitantly reached out and touched her face. "By my mother's grave," Rand whispered, then fell to his knees before her. "How?"

Moiraine Damodred, Town Channeler

Channeler

Faile ni Bashere t'Aybara wrote:
Philosophers claimed the Pattern did not have a sense of humor. The Pattern, and the Wheel, simply were; they did not care, they did not take sides. However, Faile could not help thinking that somewhere, the Creator was grinning at her. She had left home with her head full of arrogant dreams, a child thinking herself on a grand quest to find the Horn. Life had knocked those out from under her, leaving her to haul herself back up. She had grown up, had started paying mind to what was really important. And now… now the Pattern, with almost casual indifference, dropped the Horn of Valere into her lap.

Faile ni bashere t'Aybara, Town Vanilla

You have no abilities save your voice and your vote.

In addition, if you need something else, each of you may PM me once during the game with a role (e.g. Vigilante Doctor) and I will try to design a fakeclaim for you.
Updated Fakeclaims wrote:
Perrin Aybara wrote:
"You are strong here," Gaul said thoughtfully. "Very strong. Do the Wise Ones know of this?" "I'm still a pup compared to them," Perrin said. "Perhaps," Gaul said. "I have not seen them, and they do not speak of this place to men." He shook his head. "Much honor, Perrin Aybara. You have much honor."

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, GoodCop_BadCop. You are
Perrin Aybara, Town Watcher Dreamwalker

Golden Eyes
(active, night): Wolves are everywhere, and fortunately, they are willing to obey your directions and take careful note of the passage of 'two-legs'. You may have your wolves watch a player at night. They will tell you who, if anyone, visited that player. You may target yourself with this ability.

The Wolf Dream
(active, non-consecutive, day): You have the ability to enter Tel'aran'rhiod, the dream world (though you know it as the wolf dream) and remain there for the night. Because you know how vulnerable your dreaming body is while you do this, you will be sure to sleep in a safe place. Most abilities cannot target you while you do this, but Tel'aran'rhiod is a dangerous place and the landscape has begun to shift wildly as the Last Battle approaches. You can't be certain what perils await you there, but you do know that if any other players are dreamwalking on the same night, you will get a mutual QuickTopic and be able to speak with them anonymously (I'll give you details about how this will work when the time comes) for the night. Note that this is a DAY ability. That is, you must tell me BEFORE DAY ENDS if you want to dreamwalk at night.

Nynaeve al'Meara wrote:
"Oh, now you want me to watch after Rand?" Nynaeve said, hands on hips. "I don't believe I ever stopped, Perrin Aybara. Don't think I didn't hear you two whispering over there. You're doing something foolish, aren't you?"

Welcome to A Memory of Light Mafia, Ms Marangal. You are
Nynaeve al'Meara, Town Channeler Doctor Dreamwalker

Water, Air, Spirit
(active, night): You are an incredibly strong Aes Sedai and have committed yourself to Healing the wounded by joining the Yellow Ajah. Each night, you may stay with a player and Heal him or her should they be attacked. If they would die, you will prevent their death.

Dreamwalk

Channeler

al'Lan Mandragoran wrote:
Flavor flavor flavor (I don't have the book with me atm)

al'Lan Mandragoran, Town 1-shot Motivator

You have the following ability:
Tai'shar Malkier
(one-shot, active, day): You are the king of a fallen country, but are nonetheless recognized as its leader in spirit. Once during the game, you may issue a call to battle to one player. The Night after the Day you use this ability, that player will be inspired by your leadership and will be able to take an additional action (it does not have to be the same action, but it can be). They will be informed that they will get an extra Night action, but will not be told why.

Moiraine Damodred wrote:
Flavor flavor flavor (I don't have the book with me atm)

Moiraine Damodred, Town Channeler 1-shot Motivator

Aes Sedai Wisdom
(one-shot, active, day): You are the Dragon Reborn's old advisor and have guided him through many a trial. Now that you have returned from the beyond, your sage advice is finally being heeded. Once during the game, you may advise one player. The Night after the Day you use this ability, that player will be able to turn whatever powers or abilities they possess to more tactical and efficient ends, and will be able to take an additional action (it does not have to be the same action, but it can be). They will be informed that they will get an extra Night action, but will not be told why.

Channeler

Mod Note: Further fakeclaims I had in reserve: Galad, Lan (used, obviously), Androl, Pevara (once I realized I'd forgotten her), Tuon, Thom Merrilin.

My biggest disappointment was the way Dreamwalking turned out. I think it would have worked better in a Large game, because there'd be more people with the ability (ensuring more than one person uses it in a given night) and the scum wouldn't have been as likely to hit the nail on the head N1 (I had hoped this would occur N2 or N3, so some actual dreamwalking gets done before panicmode sets in; and in a Large there would have been more room for there to have been a dreamwalker SK (though any SK other than Mordeth is kind of far fetched).

Night actions forthcoming.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

Night 1

Demon dreamwalks (becomes Red Sister)
ThAdmiral learns that his foxhead was activated
Selkies dreams of ThAdmiral (result: no result, stopped by foxhead medallion)
SOO gives a'dam to Selkies
Amrun investigates MattP (result: MattP is dead)
Ghostlin dreamwalks (becomes Yellow Sister)
Nero Cain protects Ms Marangal
Belisarius takes no action

GCBC watches Amrun (result: no visits)
Ms Marangal dreamwalks (becomes Blue Sister) and correctly identifies Yellow Sister as Ghostlin (Ghostlin dies)
Iecerint kills MattP (success; MattP dies)

Night 2

Demon blocks GCBC
Selkies uses a'dam to redirect Demon to himself (fails; I used flavor as a tiebreaker to determine whether a roleblocker can roleblock himself as it's not clear, and Rand's roleblock flavor was using the OP to shield his target from using the OP and binding them using it. If he tries to shield himself, he loses the ability to hold up the shield when he becomes shielded, and thus I ruled it was not physically possible for him to roleblock himself)
SOO gives twisted stone ring to Nero Cain
Nero Cain protects SOO
Belisarius takes no action

GCBC watches Selkies (result: no result (roleblocked by Demon))
Ms Marangal redirects Nero Cain to Selkies (success, and Nero Cain's protection of Selkies does not work)
Iecerint strongman-kills Amrun (success; Amrun dies with balefire kill flavor)

Night 3

Empking takes no action
SOO gives green stone disc to Selkies
Nero Cain protects Empking
Belisarius dreamwalks

GCBC watches Nero Cain (result: Iecerint visited Nero Cain)
Iecerint kills Nero Cain (result: Nero Cain dies)

Night 4

Empking roleblocks Selkies (fails due to green stone disk, but this is not relevant)
Selkies use green stone disk to unstoppably dream about Empking (irrelevant, Selkies doesn't live to get a result)
SOO dreamwalks

GCBC watches SOO and kills Selkies (results: no result (SOO is dreamwalking); success, Selkies dies)

Night 5

SOO cannot act
Belisarius cannot act

GCBC kills SOO (success)

There might be errors in there, feel free to correct me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:51 am

Post by Cabd »

Hey nero, any reason you didn't use your oneshot dreamwalk when you were the obvious kill target?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by Cephrir »

He couldn't, the invention was for channelers only. He did forget to give it away, though.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by Cabd »

Oh, right. Well that makes me feel better. Could have given it to us man.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Post by Cabd »

Okay, finally over my winner's high.

I do this on my homesite, but if nobody cares/is interested, I wont do it.

I usually go through day by day, my thought process and reactions to things. It serves to force me to abandon any one set style as playing scum or town.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:25 am

Post by fferyllt »

I've reread day 2 and I'm so pissed at myself that I had a decently strong scum read of GCBC and let it go.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1685, fferyllt wrote:I've reread day 2 and I'm so pissed at myself that I had a decently strong scum read of GCBC and let it go.
Cabd: trolling ffery out of her scumreads on him since 2013
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

I solidified that read too late on day 2 for it to go anywhere. And day 3 was all shenanigans all the time.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by Cabd »

Swords, did you die? I mean I know I stabbed you the last night but other than that, no comments/angry words for me?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

Yeeees, let the anger flow through you
Bartleby the Scrivener
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:38 am

Post by Amrun »

Still butthurt over this game.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:43 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

In post 1688, Cabd wrote:Swords, did you die? I mean I know I stabbed you the last night but other than that, no comments/angry words for me?
Naw, I can't be mad at you.. you played a good scum game... unfortunately, I got laid off at my job back near the end of this game, so I only had phone access...I did want to re-read you at the time because I had some suspicions, but I knew that there would be no way I could get the time to do it... so I went with what I hoped was the right choice... unfortunately, i was wrong...

I've been off site as I've been concentrating in finding a new job do I can pay my bills...
I'll probably pop back on here and start playing again once I do...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Wishing you great lluck with the job search SoO!

Idic
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:38 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 1692, fferyllt wrote:Wishing you great lluck with the job search SoO!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:13 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Bartleby the Scrivener
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Post by Cabd »

Because apparently people don't think that I talked like town in my hydra convos.....
Cabd
right, so what does that mean for us?
it means that either scum role blocked us, or selkies lied, or BOTH
either way, one of (selkies, demon) is confoscum
Prohawk
how?
Cabd
i don't see a way for both to be town given our role results
both could be scum, could be one and one, but both being town is near impossible
if demon was town, he'd claim his roleblock
he also wouldn't make us run him up to L-1 just to see his claim
see what i mean?
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:13 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

Glad this worked out!

I would have /in'd if i didn't already know the setup...
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm

Post by Equinox »