Open 638: Friends and Enemies! (And Enemies!) - GAME OVER!

BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:52 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 165, Ranger wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:And defending a scumbuddy in a two-man scum team is suicide.
To the contrary, if you don't defend a scumbuddy in a two-man scumteam, you lose.
Kasumeat wrote:"Buddying really fucking hard is not scummy at all, so don't vote me. Also, vote Kasu and Ozy because Ozy is buddying him." — Ranger 2016
Buddying is in fact a good reason for a player to be scum in this case. Do show how there's any buddying from me. It doesn't even have to be me to others, though that seems to be your implication; demonstrate the alleged buddying to me. I see none.
Ozymandias wrote:I agree that it was an horrible post, in general, but is it more likely to come from scum or town?
This is scum, defending scum, while trying to maintain a neutral stance: "Yes, it's bad, I agree it is bad, but..." is basically classical scum behavior, especially for a fairly new player.
As far as I know, scum can speculate about Masons in their thread.
The wiki says otherwise; they, along with the masons, have only night talk.
If not defending a scumbuddy is suicide then scum will defend each other. If defending a scumbuddy is suicide then scum will not defend each other. Either way, on its own it's probably unremarkable. What is noteworthy, though, is defending a scum for no apparent reason.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:52 am

Post by Kasumeat »

When you mislynch me, FFS take a good look at Ranger And Her Legendary Reads.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:52 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Vote Count - Day One - VC#7

killthestory - 1 - Karnos
Creature - 0 -
Kop - 0 -
Masquerade- 0 -
Kasumeat - 5 - Kop, Ranger, BTD6_maker, Creature, randomidget
Javajoe24 - 0 -
Ranger - 2 - Kasumeat, Javajoe
karnos - 1 - Ozymandias
BTD6_maker - 0 -
Ozymandias - 0 -
randomidget - 1 - killthestory
Charloux - 0 -

Not Voting: Charloux, Masquerade

With twelve alive, it takes seven to lynch!

"Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster." - Sun Tzu

(expired on 2016-05-24 11:13:00)

Mod Notes:
- <3
<3 to randomidget who returned the love. He gets bolded hearts because he's special.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Kasumeat »

I just wanna point out how fucking obviously I would've moved off of Ranger after she explained her mistake with the mod colours if I was scum. It's fucking retarded for scum to make a stand so zealously on D1, but very much worth dying as a VT (which I am) to take out her and her scumbuddy.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Kasumeat »

VOTE: Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Kasumeat »

That's L-1
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 11:00 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In my last game both scum self-voted for some strange reason. I can see no Town incentive to self-vote. Scum may try to shorten the day, generate confusion, or make their scumbuddy look good. I think we should lynch Kasumeat, but first we should discuss things a bit more to resolve any potential confusion and possibly find his scumbuddy.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Charloux »

It's still 10 days too early for us to lynch somebody. If you are town you will sacrifice your time for the greater good :D
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 11:05 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

That was my point. Lynching too early will harm Town, which is why I suggested discussing until we are absolutely sure or the deadline approaches.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Ranger wrote:
randomidget wrote:The fact they defended them. It would be better to let them answer for themselves.
dias' defense is a bit bleh, but not too alignment indicative.
Uh...
The first was on masq's defense of kop which seemed to be jumping the gun to try and defend them on one point after a small amount of suspicion. The situation with Oz and kas is different.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Wow a lot of votes piled up there suddenly.

Kasumeat, what is your definition of buddying? Because I don't really get why you think scumbuddies would buddy each other.

@BTD6: I checked that game, newbie 1700 right? Wow, I feel sad you had to go through that. Such a bad effort and something that barely happens. I've also seen town get frustrated enough to selfvote and I've thought about doing it once or twice as well but it's bad form to do as town. As scum as well btw, either way it's screwing over your team.

@Random: I wasn't defending Kop, I think I saw what he saw in some of Kasumeat's earlier posts ( and come to mind). That has nothing to do with my read on Kop. I was hoping Kop would stay around and chat with us some more but he didn't.

So Kop, am I close to guessing what it is that you saw or is it something else?
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Javajoe24 »

In post 164, Ozymandias wrote:It's my second too, I guess Ranger was right about us being scumbuddies.

I will read it later on, if I have time.

Java, since you have played with him before, what do you make of Kasu's play?
In the first game I played with him I scum read him up til the last night when he was NK'ed as town. I haven't seen him as scum, but I know he can play scummy as town. He even tried to pull an elaborate gambit last game which is why I suspected him. I think he learned from his mistake and is trying new tactics. For what it's worth I think he is town because of post 149.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Killthestory »

will post in a bit, broke my foot
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Killthestory »

OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THREAD I REGRET COMING BACK AND READING THIS SHITFEST LOL
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Killthestory »

random be jumping wagons H A R D

ranger and kasu are obvtown, masq townlean. that said, fucking unvote kasu and ranger, fuck off. i dont want to try to this game holy shit, obvtowning is too much work
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Ranger »

Ozymandias wrote:So where do you see the neutral stance?
The neutral stance is in trying to defend Kasumeat without actually defending him.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by Ranger »

randomidget wrote:The first was on masq's defense of kop which seemed to be jumping the gun to try and defend them on one point after a small amount of suspicion. The situation with Oz and kas is different.
I'd like to see how; they both seemed fairly similar to me. (The only difference being, I townread Kop and think Masquerade was white knighting, whereas I think both Kasumeat and Ozymandias are scum.)
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ozymandias
Ozymandias
Goon
Ozymandias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Ozymandias »

In post 154, Ozymandias wrote:
In post 149, Kasumeat wrote:The buddying between Creature and Ranger was just so hard and came out of nowhere and it was Creature defending a post which even Ranger admitted was stupid as fuck. I suppose it's possible they're masons but I cannot possibly believe they're both VT.
Pretty sure this is town.

Or clueless scum, never played with anyone here before. But probably town.
In post 154, Ozymandias wrote:
Ranger wrote:Everyone should be voting Kasumeat for btw.
Nah.
In post 156, Ozymandias wrote:
Ranger wrote:I'm also very strongly thinking Ozymandias is Kasumeat's scumbuddy for what it's worth.
Can I be a scumbuddy to a townie?
Find a quote where I try to defend him, without actually defending him.
Ozymandias
Ozymandias
Goon
Ozymandias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by Ozymandias »

In post 173, Charloux wrote:
In post 171, Ozymandias wrote: How is it different in multiball?
The difference is that there are 3 teams of course :D But seriously, scum can work together at certain times, but the only way for them to communicate is by posts during the day. And if i'm not wrong you said that anti-town action can be converted to town cred?!
Then he could have simply posted it in twilight before getting hung if he was that desperate or at least he could have waited to see if the wagon on him would remain, I still don't see how this affects the interpretation of Kasu's post, honestly.

I indeed said that, yeah.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:13 pm

In post 191, Ranger wrote:
randomidget wrote:The first was on masq's defense of kop which seemed to be jumping the gun to try and defend them on one point after a small amount of suspicion. The situation with Oz and kas is different.
I'd like to see how; they both seemed fairly similar to me. (The only difference being, I townread Kop and think Masquerade was white knighting, whereas I think both Kasumeat and Ozymandias are scum.)
Kop was only being questioned on one thing with no votes on him, there is a large possibility of kasumeat being lynched.
UNVOTE:
I'm not convinced this isn't mislynch bait.
KuroiXHF wrote:

Mod Notes:
- <3
<3 to randomidget who returned the love. He gets bolded hearts because he's special.
awwww <3
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 185, Masquerade wrote:@BTD6: I checked that game, newbie 1700 right? Wow, I feel sad you had to go through that. Such a bad effort and something that barely happens. I've also seen town get frustrated enough to selfvote and I've thought about doing it once or twice as well but it's bad form to do as town. As scum as well btw, either way it's screwing over your team.
It mostly is bad regardless of alignment. However, for Town there pretty much never is any advantage. As scum, it mostly harms your faction but at least there is the hope that you are helping your partner to escape detection or make them look good or making a Townie look bad. For example, when RadiantCowbells self-voted I was not sure of his intentions but it may hae been to make me look suspicious even before the flip. Tojam2 just gave up - we had a guaranteed win anyway. Essentially, self-voting as scum (when there is another partner alive) is essentially a form of self-bussing.

I can't understand Kasumeat's motivation though as Town. Kasumeat, if you are Town, please unvote.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:16 pm

Killthestory wrote:random be jumping wagons H A R D

ranger and kasu are obvtown, masq townlean. that said, fucking unvote kasu and ranger, fuck off. i dont want to try to this game holy shit, obvtowning is too much work
I have voted two people since RVS, one of whom was largely to move the game forward, and the other I expressed suspicion of several pages earlier. Please tell me where I jumped wagons "H A R D"
Ozymandias
Ozymandias
Goon
Ozymandias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Ozymandias »

In post 194, Randomnamechange wrote:
Kop was only being questioned on one thing with no votes on him, there is a large possibility of kasumeat being lynched.
UNVOTE:
KuroiXHF wrote:

Mod Notes:
- <3
awwww <3
Buddying with the mod, scum confirmed. Clearly has privileges.

What made you change your mind from your first vote on Kasu to now?
Ozymandias
Ozymandias
Goon
Ozymandias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by Ozymandias »

In post 195, BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 185, Masquerade wrote:@BTD6: I checked that game, newbie 1700 right? Wow, I feel sad you had to go through that. Such a bad effort and something that barely happens. I've also seen town get frustrated enough to selfvote and I've thought about doing it once or twice as well but it's bad form to do as town. As scum as well btw, either way it's screwing over your team.
It mostly is bad regardless of alignment. However, for Town there pretty much never is any advantage. As scum, it mostly harms your faction but at least there is the hope that you are helping your partner to escape detection or make them look good or making a Townie look bad. For example, when RadiantCowbells self-voted I was not sure of his intentions but it may hae been to make me look suspicious even before the flip. Tojam2 just gave up - we had a guaranteed win anyway. Essentially, self-voting as scum (when there is another partner alive) is essentially a form of self-bussing.

I can't understand Kasumeat's motivation though as Town. Kasumeat, if you are Town, please unvote.
Self voting usually means three things:

1. Frustated town.

2. Scum faking frustated town.

3. Scum who just self hammered.

I think we are in the first situation here.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu May 12, 2016 8:33 pm

In post 197, Ozymandias wrote:
In post 194, Randomnamechange wrote:
UNVOTE:
KuroiXHF wrote:

Mod Notes:
- <3
awwww <3
Buddying with the mod, scum confirmed. Clearly has privileges.

What made you change your mind from your first vote on Kasu to now?
Some of his posts have definitely been scummy, so I voted him. But i'm starting to get a gut feeling this is a mislynch from his most recent posts.

Return to “Completed Open Games”