Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I've got a lot of fun ideas for it, but, as a U-Pick, the central roles and interactions will heavily depend on which characters get picked!
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I sent my picks.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

As a note for anyone joining the Suikoden game, please include which Suikoden game your character is coming from. There are multiple incarnations of some characters and, y'know, maybe you wanna play as Yuber from Suikoden II but not so much Suikoden III's Yuber...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am kinda busy at the moment so no new games for me. Call me when Space Dandy 2 happens though
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Firebringer wrote:Yeah, I was shocked when PF flipped scum. And thought my best bet was to actually hunt scum.

Yay elibrn and a few others were shocked i was scum too. I play scum and town very similarly.

I absolutely knew the town was "the heroes of this story". First game post said "heroes of this story". My safe claim said heroes of this story. So that case was bull. I even said hero as in town first and then said hero as in royal mafia second. If you want to argue I play and mod royal mafia too much thats fine, I did play 5 games of it just before joining this game. BUT playing too much royal mafia doesn't make anyone scum

The only scummy thing I did was continually going after kling in a way that came off policy lynch like. I never intended it to look like a policy lynch. I intended to say "claiming vanilla was useless and vanillas are useless. You unvote and you are dumb." I didn't mean to say "claiming vanilla hurts the town. Kling need to die for hurting town." I minced words poorly there and my heart was not fully in her lynch as I felt sorry for her and her recent family problems. I hope your son recovers fully. BUT I suppose i was right to not believe kling was vanilla. Seriously this new lie as town fad that many players are doing needs to stop. PEOPLE SHOULDN'T LIE AS TOWN EVER and I will gladly vidge or lynch town liars. Kill all liars is one policy lynch I do support!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Varsoon »

I don't know about the whole lying as town thing. I think lying as town can be an effective tool.
For instance, it's day 1 and someone asks you to claim and you're a cop.
Do you lie?
It's day 4 and you've got a scum guilty on a player BUT you think there may be another scum in the setup. You're pressed to give reasons why you're pushing the one scum so adamantly.
Do you lie?
It's day 3 and you're a town rolecop and/or informed (like an unclaimed miller?). You see the actual cop soft/crumb a guilty on a player. You could claim cop with a guilty, get that scum lynched, and catch a kill that'll save the real cop's hide.
Do you lie?
It's 3p LYLO and you know for sure the other guy is scum. You'd have an easier time building a case on him if you lied about how scummy he was to appeal to the other town's sensibilities. You need to do this to win the game, because this other town does not jive with your style of play.
Do you lie?

I think there are lies that are effective and can move the game forward. I think people like to call strategic lying 'gambits' sometimes. I also agree--lying poorly as town and without great effect is anti-town. However, discerning that it's coming from a town player is helpful in sorting town/scum regardless.

I don't know if all town should tell the truth. If upheld, it would be interesting for sure, and maybe scum would be a bit easier to spot because they have to lie by nature of their alignment. However, I don't know if that perceived benefit is worth the definite benefit that proper lying as town could do.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:55 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 1754, PokerFace wrote:
Firebringer wrote:Yeah, I was shocked when PF flipped scum. And thought my best bet was to actually hunt scum.

Yay elibrn and a few others were shocked i was scum too. I play scum and town very similarly.

I absolutely knew the town was "the heroes of this story". First game post said "heroes of this story". My safe claim said heroes of this story. So that case was bull. I even said hero as in town first and then said hero as in royal mafia second. If you want to argue I play and mod royal mafia too much thats fine, I did play 5 games of it just before joining this game. BUT playing too much royal mafia doesn't make anyone scum

The only scummy thing I did was continually going after kling in a way that came off policy lynch like. I never intended it to look like a policy lynch. I intended to say "claiming vanilla was useless and vanillas are useless. You unvote and you are dumb." I didn't mean to say "claiming vanilla hurts the town. Kling need to die for hurting town." I minced words poorly there and my heart was not fully in her lynch as I felt sorry for her and her recent family problems. I hope your son recovers fully. BUT I suppose i was right to not believe kling was vanilla. Seriously this new lie as town fad that many players are doing needs to stop. PEOPLE SHOULDN'T LIE AS TOWN EVER and I will gladly vidge or lynch town liars. Kill all liars is one policy lynch I do support!

Towards the tail end of your wagon, I thought you probably were too invested in a Royal Mafia game (I knew you had been modding a large number/posting about it in MD). However, you never brought that defense up in a way that I found to be townie. Plus, I think you're hindsight biased here. You know you have all of the information available to you, yet you still acted confused about Yukari's claim when there was no reason you should have been. Unless you were trying to rolefish which is what I thought you were doing there and why I advocated for your lynch.

In post 1755, Varsoon wrote:I don't know about the whole lying as town thing. I think lying as town can be an effective tool.
Do you lie?
Yes.

It's day 4 and you've got a scum guilty on a player BUT you think there may be another scum in the setup. You're pressed to give reasons why you're pushing the one scum so adamantly.
Do you lie?
No.

It's day 3 and you're a town rolecop and/or informed (like an unclaimed miller?). You see the actual cop soft/crumb a guilty on a player. You could claim cop with a guilty, get that scum lynched, and catch a kill that'll save the real cop's hide.
Do you lie?
Yes.

It's 3p LYLO and you know for sure the other guy is scum. You'd have an easier time building a case on him if you lied about how scummy he was to appeal to the other town's sensibilities. You need to do this to win the game, because this other town does not jive with your style of play.
Do you lie?
Yes.

I think there are lies that are effective and can move the game forward. I think people like to call strategic lying 'gambits' sometimes. I also agree--lying poorly as town and without great effect is anti-town. However, discerning that it's coming from a town player is helpful in sorting town/scum regardless.

I don't know if all town should tell the truth. If upheld, it would be interesting for sure, and maybe scum would be a bit easier to spot because they have to lie by nature of their alignment. However, I don't know if that perceived benefit is worth the definite benefit that proper lying as town could do.

Mafia are so thirsty for information they will believe anything that comes out of a townie's mouth.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

ebwop
Yukari said bring it! That's what people do when they alude to being supersaint, pgo, or hero. Its what I do when I am those roles. If I wanted to role fish i would have done something more like asked everyone what they wrote in their character list to Varsoon. Hearltess got first pick, as did skulldug. And yes I got my first pick too :)

Yes, I discussed royal mafia in MD recently and do play it too much. I considered bringing up the md discussion in our game like you mentioned but felt it walked the line of "Don't discuss on going games outside of on going games" I didn't want our discussion to somehow evolve into that so I avoided it. it probably wouldn't have evolved into that since no one mentioned our game in MD but I didn't want someone to do that. Or someone to accuse me of setting up an alibi via MD. So i avoided that

As I stated I never believed kling was vanilla. I felt she could be scum but didn't have my heart fully into lynching her because i felt bad for the situation she was having with her son. Everyone I tried to lynch, I tried to lynch them because i thought they were scum in another faction. Yes, I thought yukari, fire, and kling were scum. Xtoxm and myself were paranoid since there were only two of us. We legit tried to scumhunt during this game as a result. Read our private topic
Last edited by Varsoon on Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1755, Varsoon wrote:I don't know about the whole lying as town thing. I think lying as town can be an effective tool.
Do you lie?
if you are L-1, tell truth to avoid death. If there is no case on you, don't claim and lynch the rolefisher

Do you lie?
No. Tell truth and see if anyone previously defending that guy is anxious to bus them now that you have come forward with the guilty

Do you lie?
No. You scumhunt and find a legit way (that does not involve the guilty) to lead a huge wagon on that guy and get them lynched. This will also make you eat a bullet

Do you lie?
If they really don't jive with your playstyle they will lynch you even if you lie especially when you don't have any breadcrumbs from previous days

Drama Queens
Drama Queens
Goon
Drama Queens
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:07 am

Post by Drama Queens »

I completely disagree with any "lynch alls" and I feel like they will, ultimately end up with town losses more than scum losses. Moreso since, just lynching on policy reduces the amount of actual scumhunting going around, which hurts town overall
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't rely on policy lynching. And I do it far less than scumhunting. I legit scumhunt and thought fire, yukari, and kling were scum in another faction in this game.

If i have a scum read on someone i will always lynch or vidge them first. When I don't have any scum reads, I will vidge/lynch lurkers and liars all day everyday. Especially on night 0!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Is someone here a good artist? I'm at work so I can't do it right now, but I so want to take my avatar, put a dosequis bottle in my hand instead of a cane (or replace the falling playing cards with dosequis), and write the following:

I don't always roll vidge, but when I do, I prefer to kill on night 0!
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:10 am

Post by Oversoul »

Haha, that is clever. Ask Quilford? He is a good artist
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Unnecessary bump

But when I did my vig shots I had meant to say

See you later space cowboy.

Bang.

And I forgot :(
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

awww
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

That's ok. That would have just made the failed shots more awkward.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Someday I'll be a real day vig and I will always only shoot scum and it will never fail because of bastardation

Someday
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hey, you second shot doesn't fail. :p
Elbirn
Elbirn