512: Bojack Horseman Season 2 (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:32 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

speaking of...
AP did you release scum PT?
i wanna see how TSO picked it up.

i apologize to everyone who may have joined to play with me. i'm going through a really rough patch in my life right now and i didn't have the time to devote to the game.

also... wisdom wasn't "right". i have access to multiple dead threads. in any case, he should not have said anything, he should not have posted a screen shot, he should have notified the mod and admin of the issue, and replaced out immediately. list mods need to be informed of how he handled it.
Art is cool.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:21 am

Post by Wisdom »

I'm sorry about what I did, I am not a cheater and I hate cheating and unfairness in general, so seeing people call me a cheater is the last thing I want to see. Yes, I should have replaced out, and I
have
replaced out of games in similar occasions in the past. Something about the game having just started as well it being my only game at the time blinded me. I don't know what I expected to happen, I certainly wouldn't be able to keep pushing ETL without revealing the reason no matter how much of a notorious tunneler I am, so I don't have any excuse. I am aware that this ruined the game, so again, sorry to both the mod and the players.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:46 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

still love you bro <3
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

In post 1774, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1734, Metal Sonic wrote:so scum wont fucking shoot me night 1 so i could get a result out day 2??

read the scum PT. I was gonna shoot you N1 regardless :lol:

<3
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:22 am

Post by T S O »

Fun times!
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:25 am

Post by T S O »

The game was difficult because Firebringer and PV were extremely hard to push as scum at all, and we had to kill Kaboose n1. If we had lynched sthar d1, as it seemed to be going, then I think we would likely have been incriminated somehow and lost.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:26 am

Post by T S O »

I just wanted to make a point; at the time where I said I felt extremely down about the game, I legitimately felt terrible. This was not a ploy of any sort, and if anyone was under the impression it was then they are completely, 100% wrong.
-Marquis
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:33 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1776, Wisdom wrote:I'm sorry about what I did, I am not a cheater and I hate cheating and unfairness in general, so seeing people call me a cheater is the last thing I want to see. Yes, I should have replaced out, and I
have
replaced out of games in similar occasions in the past. Something about the game having just started as well it being my only game at the time blinded me. I don't know what I expected to happen, I certainly wouldn't be able to keep pushing ETL without revealing the reason no matter how much of a notorious tunneler I am, so I don't have any excuse. I am aware that this ruined the game, so again, sorry to both the mod and the players.

No see, you
are
a cheater, because you cheated.

You 1) accessed privileged information that you weren't supposed to have and 2) attempted to use it to gain unfair advantage. That is cheating, and it's somewhat appalling that you haven't been given a tempban. Your protestations that what you did shouldn't count as cheating serve only to display a lack of contrition and a clear attitude that your personal gain supersedes ethics.

Don't ever join a game with me again.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Wisdom »

It would be cheating if I had continued playing without explaining the problem. Sure, I didn't handle it correctly, but I never cheated.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

though I don't know why I am engaging in this conversation given you don't like me and you made that apparent in posts like before any of this happened. No matter what I say you're going to not listen to me because of your dislike, so.
sekai no ki
sekai no ki
Goon
sekai no ki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:00 am

Post by sekai no ki »

srs question. is our avatar annoying/offputting?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:17 am

i dunno what is
Art is cool.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:18 am

Post by notscience »

Its the plan, likely from the top or bottom

I think they need more frills
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:20 am

it looks like ice age adn thaw of the poles
Art is cool.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

At least one of the mafia members asked me if they could keep the PT private so Im going to do that for the time being.

Re Wisdom: I think the modkill was the right decision for the game and I'm certainly a little disappointed that the game balance was affected from it.

I'm glad that site admins took steps to remove this "feature" and other things that could be used to gain an unfair advantage so this will never happen again and if Wisdom hadn't come forward with that, then that never would have happened. So Im not that upset, things have improved as a result and I think mafia played well and earned a win here.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:41 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Also I really did enjoy designing and running this game!

I thought the game panned out pretty interestingly even if not much of the setup specific interactions came into effect.

If anyone has suggestions for a game to run in the future, I'd be happy to hear them. Im thinking about coming up with another micro shortly depending on the Q size.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:42 am

In post 1790, AngryPidgeon wrote:Also I really did enjoy designing and running this game!

I thought the game panned out pretty interestingly even if not much of the setup specific interactions came into effect.

If anyone has suggestions for a game to run in the future, I'd be happy to hear them. Im thinking about coming up with another micro shortly depending on the Q size.

ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK.
Art is cool.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:43 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1788, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:it looks like ice age adn thaw of the poles

It's actually annual seasonal changes. http://uxblog.idvsolutions.com/2013/07/ ... earth.html

We had to take a lot of animation layers out of our 100x100 px to make it fit the MS file size limit.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:45 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1785, sekai no ki wrote:srs question. is our avatar annoying/offputting?

no. i like it.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:46 am

In post 1793, sthar8 wrote:
In post 1785, sekai no ki wrote:srs question. is our avatar annoying/offputting?

no. i like it.

i like you.
Art is cool.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:05 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1783, Wisdom wrote:It would be cheating if I had continued playing without explaining the problem. Sure, I didn't handle it correctly, but I never cheated.

You cheated the moment you posted in thread intending to gain advantage from the information.

If you sign up for the same game under two accounts, you are cheating whether you get caught before the game started or not.

If you take someone's wallet without permission, you are stealing whether or not there happens to be cash inside.

You admitted to intending to use outside information to gain an unfair advantage. The actions you took caused damage to the gamestate and the enjoyment of the other players and the mod. Turning yourself in mid-cheat does not in any way mitigate that.

Your ego is preventing you from using any sane definition of cheating, and that confirms that you've learned nothing from your ethical failure.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:39 am

Post by Wingback »

Thanks for modding AP. I had a ton of fun playing with all of you guys. Daytalk played a huge role in helping us plan our strategies.

This town was really good and sort of formed a bond between Sekai, Polar, and Fire that was impossible to break - to the point where none of them would vote the other and without a modkill, it would have been a very different game. I backed Sthar though because his arguments felt more reasonable to me. I was surprised the rest of the town bonded with each other and not with him.

I felt I played pretty smoothly D1 but as we got closer and closer to a win, I got a lot more sloppy. I'm curious what it was that Sekai and Metal Sonic saw when they figured I was scum.

@ Metal Sonic, your reads were spot-on before you got distracted with Polar. I think it would have worked out much better if you just played normally, crumbed tracker and claimed when at L-1. Mislynches are what wins games for scum and with the game so tight, it would have been impossible for us to win if you had looked town enough so Sekai/pie for instance called in their previous experience and demanded that you not be lynched. I realized you two had past experience with each other and the initial misreads provided that slight bit of opportunity to squeeze in a mislynch and just barely make it. And we did just barely make it - if Polar jailed me N2, we would have lost. We couldn't quickhammer was that we knew there was at least one protective role for the town so we had to play out the entire day.

And btw, I was amused at Sekai's description of me as an easy lynch. Being scum, I didn't mention it in game but the number of times I was lynched over time has actually been fairly low.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:05 am

Post by T S O »

Who did Polar jail? Me?
-Marquis
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Bearbert D »

In post 1791, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1790, AngryPidgeon wrote:Also I really did enjoy designing and running this game!

ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK.

Well, I was convinced last night the team was firebringer+ wingback. So decided to jail one of them and chose the one who was town. Bleah. Sorry town, played this horribly
Bearbert D
Bearbert D
Goon
Bearbert D
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:12 am

Post by Bearbert D »

And well Sonic played well. At least on the reads, not like he explained them:P. But seriously, if you claimed tracker, not BP, I'd have unvoted.

Or if we jailed Kaboose on N1 like I sent the action and then changed to no action:(. Damn, misplayed this again and again

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”