massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:27 am

Post by massive »

In post 1735, OceanWind wrote:
What of made you townread Imperium? I mean, I get why ate-ish posts get townread but I'm asking for more specifics.

Because Tammy expertly stated exactly how I feel about being scum as well, and since it's something I 100% identify with, it gives me a lot more confidence in equating her play here with my own play in my town games. Having the Tammy head be the dominant head actually works out for me nicely, because I can't read Nacho for shit.

And I've been on the Tammy side of these discussions -- just usually AFTER the game is over, and invariably it's with other town. So I'm on Ocean-town, Magna-town, and man it's starting to look like the scum are just letting you drown them out.

VOTE: Masquerade

Nothing Masquerade has said so far shown any sign of scumhunting. Voting me for a half-meta reason for my predecesor, townreads based on pre-flip associatives, plus hey OMGUS is a thing.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Killthestory »

HOLY FUCK THIS GAME DOESNT MATTER ANYMORE THIS GIRL THAT IVE LIKED FOR SO LONG AND SHES HOT AND SHIT, WELL I ASKED HER OUT AND SHE SAID YES OMG

notice im not a loser, i pull girls, but she is hot and ive liked her for so long
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Ranger »

Will read in a sec, but will quickly point out: this game was the real reason, from the start, I townread MagnaofIllusion this game. In THAT game, he
was
playing like Red Coyote. The distance from his reads was identical; the only difference between him and Red Coyote was he chose to be emotional with abrasiveness rather than be emotional with AtE. I had him instantly pegged that game as being like Red Coyote as scum (ergo, scum; he was, albeit a serial killer), and his play here is not the same at all. As soon as I run the rounds on all my games (including catching up here), I'll explain in-depth if you'd like.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1770, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1767, OceanWind wrote:
In post 1763, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I come back on Monday and post 1527 and 1529 trying to get more people to join in on Ranger and again showing that the logic behind the Snarky wagon was faulty.
Why didn't you ask about my switch when I made it?
Nope. Homie don't play that. Not even on Christmas.

You take that whole post dedicated to laying out in detail exactly the flow of votes and posts in time and distill one single element to attempt to undermine / discredit the entire post?

Scummy as hell.

VOTE: Oceanwind
so why didn't you ask about the switch when ocean made it? Regardless of whether not he cherrypicked the question, it's still a valid one.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Ranger »

Killthestory wrote:HOLY FUCK THIS GAME DOESNT MATTER ANYMORE THIS GIRL THAT IVE LIKED FOR SO LONG AND SHES HOT AND SHIT, WELL I ASKED HER OUT AND SHE SAID YES OMG
Congrats!

Btw, I read the last couple of pages, almost in their entirety, but I kind-of wish I hadn't. Walls are...walls. I think OceanWind is scum; I think Masquerade is scum. I'm absolutely sure MagnaofIllusion is town and Imperium is town. I still need to reread, but that will happen later when I've recuperated from the wallfest.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by Masquerade »

I've lost entire motivation to play due to all the freakishly long posts in this thread. I try to read and I'm reading so much that I'm overflowing.
So here's a small thing and ask me anything and I'll elaborate because I don't know where to start.
I think Magna is town, I think Ocean is scum, I think Nosferatu could be scum as well, I don't know about Ranger it was gut but Jim and alone feel town to me, Ollie is probably town as well, I know Acryon isn't around to answer me about the PL-thing but you know, I always see wine in everything and it would have been a good wifom-defense if Acryon/Massive is idd scum. Imperium I;m still reading as town though I barely read any of their posts. Please add tl'dr and then delete everything you wrote before that ty. Titus might be town too. Those I didn't name haven;t made enough of an impression either way to get stuck into my head and are therefor null.

Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Killthestory »

how am i null
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1780, Masquerade wrote:I've lost entire motivation to play due to all the freakishly long posts in this thread. I try to read and I'm reading so much that I'm overflowing.
So here's a small thing and ask me anything and I'll elaborate because I don't know where to start.
I think Magna is town, I think Ocean is scum, I think Nosferatu could be scum as well, I don't know about Ranger it was gut but Jim and alone feel town to me, Ollie is probably town as well, I know Acryon isn't around to answer me about the PL-thing but you know, I always see wine in everything and it would have been a good wifom-defense if Acryon/Massive is idd scum. Imperium I;m still reading as town though I barely read any of their posts. Please add tl'dr and then delete everything you wrote before that ty. Titus might be town too. Those I didn't name haven;t made enough of an impression either way to get stuck into my head and are therefor null.

why are you on the ocean wind wagon?
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

@Titus from your ISO your suspects have been {Nos, kts, lowell, oceanwind}. Assuming you are right about 3 of those reads, could you have 3 scumteams you can imagine in order of confidence?
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1779, Ranger wrote:
Killthestory wrote:HOLY FUCK THIS GAME DOESNT MATTER ANYMORE THIS GIRL THAT IVE LIKED FOR SO LONG AND SHES HOT AND SHIT, WELL I ASKED HER OUT AND SHE SAID YES OMG
Congrats!

Btw, I read the last couple of pages, almost in their entirety, but I kind-of wish I hadn't. Walls are...walls. I think OceanWind is scum; I think Masquerade is scum. I'm absolutely sure MagnaofIllusion is town and Imperium is town. I still need to reread, but that will happen later when I've recuperated from the wallfest.
You've already said this before. What about the other reads you were reconsidering; Massive/acryon, Lowell/Masquerade, Ollie?
last.fm
gtkas
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Masquerade »

In post 1782, Nosferatu wrote:why are you on the ocean wind wagon?
Because I think he's scum.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1785, Masquerade wrote:
In post 1782, Nosferatu wrote:why are you on the ocean wind wagon?
Because I think he's scum.
why.
last.fm
gtkas
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Ranger »

Nosferatu wrote:What about the other reads you were reconsidering; Massive/acryon, Ollie?
Still in reconsideration pending reread. The change was in the strength of the OceanWind (and to some extent, Masquerade) reads.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by Masquerade »

@Nosferatu: Because I didn't like his responses to Magna and his questions to me seemed weird. What did you think of the responses I made and how Ocean reacted to those?
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 1788, Masquerade wrote:@Nosferatu: Because I didn't like his responses to Magna and his questions to me seemed weird. What did you think of the responses I made and how Ocean reacted to those?
What is it about your slot, anyone who questions it is apparently scum. Lowell had me as scum for it, you have OW as scum for it.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon May 09, 2016 11:12 pm

Post by Masquerade »

No that was just a coincidence.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 12:23 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1788, Masquerade wrote:@Nosferatu: Because I didn't like his responses to Magna and his questions to me seemed weird. What did you think of the responses I made and how Ocean reacted to those?
The reaction to your response was a bit odd, but the questions I don't see anything wrong with.
last.fm
gtkas
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 1:22 am

Post by Masquerade »

What did you think of the answers I gave?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Nosferatu »

Why does it matter?
last.fm
gtkas
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 4:07 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

I continue to be bemused by the inherent irony of player whining about walls in a game based on a written medium.

Nosferatu’s latest bout of “Why is Ocean scum” is interesting given the possible relational links it establishes.
In post 1783, Nosferatu wrote:@Titus from your ISO your suspects have been {Nos, kts, lowell, oceanwind}. Assuming you are right about 3 of those reads, could you have 3 scumteams you can imagine in order of confidence?
This is crap busywork. More scum points to Nos.
In post 1777, Ranger wrote:Will read in a sec, but will quickly point out: this game was the real reason, from the start, I townread MagnaofIllusion this game.
And on the flipside that exact game is why I suspect Ranger to be scum here. Because I see a pretty significant discontinuity from her Town game there and what I am seeing this game.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Killthestory »

moi I need you to talk about me more in the third person again to other people pls
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Nosferatu »

Oh yeah, when I get bored and ask people to show they're actually trying to figure out the game I'm scum handing out busy work but when I don't do anything I'm scum lurking. You're fucking scum as all hell.
last.fm
gtkas
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 6:48 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1796, Nosferatu wrote:Oh yeah, when I get bored and ask people to show they're actually trying to figure out the game I'm scum handing out busy work but when I don't do anything I'm scum lurking. You're fucking scum as all hell.
Nope. You don't get to throw up your hands and act outraged when I called that request busy work. Because asking someone to arrange their scum reads in a ranking to teams isn't going to show that they are trying to figure out the game. Asking them to demonstrate why their scum reads are scum would allow them to demonstrate that. Basically you are asking someone to rank possible teams before a single scum player has flipped. Pre-flip full team analysis is pointless and distracting.

But why don't you demonstrate with the analytical process you claimed you use for your scum reads your Top three and why. And no, single sentence fluff answers aren't acceptable. I want to see you are trying to figure out this game.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1797, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1796, Nosferatu wrote:Oh yeah, when I get bored and ask people to show they're actually trying to figure out the game I'm scum handing out busy work but when I don't do anything I'm scum lurking. You're fucking scum as all hell.
Nope. You don't get to throw up your hands and act outraged when I called that request busy work. Because asking someone to arrange their scum reads in a ranking to teams isn't going to show that they are trying to figure out the game. Asking them to demonstrate why their scum reads are scum would allow them to demonstrate that. Basically you are asking someone to rank possible teams before a single scum player has flipped. Pre-flip full team analysis is pointless and distracting.

But why don't you demonstrate with the analytical process you claimed you use for your scum reads your Top three and why. And no, single sentence fluff answers aren't acceptable. I want to see you are trying to figure out this game.
I'm not asking her to arrange her scum reads in a ranking, I'm asking her to look for associations between them so she can have a probably scum read. If she's scum she'll just throw them together, and when I look at who she has ranked #1 I can look in ISO and look to see if there are any actual associatives. Despite the fact that the fact that pre-flip analysis isn't the most effective method to scumhunting, most people do it anyway when their own top scum read has been lynched, so if someone is asked to form associatives when they're town, most likely, they will already have a possible scum team in mind. The point of ranking them is so that she can evaluate which is more likely than the other, and actually look at her scum reads in ISO if she's town. The request was to sort her properly because I don't have much to go off of based on how many posts she's had.

I'm not going to waste my time explaining my scum reads to some one who just has a weak-ass case that they need to build. Your scum read on me is a simple sentence read. "Nos has been coasting for the past two days and assigned busy work". Is just about everything you have on me. If I gave my scumreads right now, I'm confident you wouldn't actually analyze them, but just cherry pick and attack my scum reads and claim I'm not reading the game when I am.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Tue May 10, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1794, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Nosferatu’s latest bout of “Why is Ocean scum” is interesting given the possible relational links it establishes.
I actually forgot about this one earlier, but this is a misconstruction of my questions to Ocean. I didn't have the best impression of Lowell this game, and I articulated that actually yesterday under Titus's questioning when he asked where I would assign him on my readlist. Masquerade jumped on to the wagon with little to no foreshadowing whatsoever. He just read the exchange, and with no comments said "I think Magna is town, I think Ocean is scum". Now I know the exchange probably wasn't properly read, since Masquerade already said he doesn't actually read wallposts and is just skimming them at this point. I wanted to see if he actually genuinely believed that Ocean was scum and why. I don't actually care why people think Ocean is scum.
last.fm
gtkas

Return to “Completed Open Games”