UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:36 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

I mean honestly, the chances of a Spiffeh/Hito team both getting lynched are insanely low.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Egg »

Well it's still pending a bunch of things. and I didn't say Spiff is scum. i came into the day thinking it's you and hito and I'm not convinced I was wrong.
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:40 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

Actually... who shoots Toogaloo?
In post 1032, Toogeloo wrote:Nacho's "ghost" visited me in the Middle Realm last night. It was just me and him. I want to relay a few of this thoughts to the group.

First off, his top 3 to be looked at for today are: Spiffeh, Staeg, and TTH.
(TTH) - Nacho didn't like her entry and subtlely defended Yakko with without actually defending Yakko.
(Spiffeh) - Nacho and Spiffeh were scum together in katsuki's blitz game, and this seems very similar by his recollection. Spiffeh is capable of doing more than just floating through the game.
(Staeg) - Only listed because the people with better reads than Nacho had Staeg as a suspect as well, and no other real reason.

It could have been for the Spiffeh read from Nacho.

Ugh, does AP really shoot this guy?

In post 1256, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1246, UshiromiyaAnge wrote:Toog, tell me more about your AP read.
I've played with AP on a number of occasions, this seems like his town meta for one. His posts this game seem really honest and ingenuous though, and he's town-telling pretty hard in a lot of posts.

In post 1221, Toogeloo wrote:AP is town
Copper is town
Brian is town

These are, like, reads everyone should have at this point.

I mean.

Possibly.

Hmmm
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:42 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

In post 1801, Egg wrote:Well it's still pending a bunch of things. and I didn't say Spiff is scum. i came into the day thinking it's you and hito and I'm not convinced I was wrong.

So talk me through what's pending and what you're thinking.

I'm playing the most town game possible as of this moment and Spiffeh is confirmed scum. Start here. Because if that isn't true and I flip scum, well, you have all night to think of things (because lets face it, you're getting shot on the fifth of never this game).

So why is Hito still scum regardless?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Egg »

I'm not naive enough to believe every word you say. For example, I don't think Spiff is confirmed scum. Not even close. in fact, him flipping scum would wurprise me more than him flipping town. if he's scum, I'll probably eat those words but it's what I believe. You have even acknowledged that this play makes no sense if he's scum. But instead of calling him dumb scum, I take that to mean he's less likely to actually be scum. And as far as what is pending, there is TTH's, well, anything. There is whatever Hito needs to say now. There is your flip. There is today's ritual. There are tonight's actions. like I said, a lot. Hito is still more of a guess than anything. With a claimed guilty on you followed by you claiming scum, today's lynch can't be anyone but you so I'm willing to wait for more answers before solidifying my next scum read.
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:02 am

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

In post 1804, Egg wrote:I'm not naive enough to believe every word you say. For example, I don't think Spiff is confirmed scum. Not even close. in fact, him flipping scum would wurprise me more than him flipping town. if he's scum, I'll probably eat those words but it's what I believe. You have even acknowledged that this play makes no sense if he's scum. But instead of calling him dumb scum, I take that to mean he's less likely to actually be scum. And as far as what is pending, there is TTH's, well, anything. There is whatever Hito needs to say now. There is your flip. There is today's ritual. There are tonight's actions. like I said, a lot. Hito is still more of a guess than anything. With a claimed guilty on you followed by you claiming scum, today's lynch can't be anyone but you so I'm willing to wait for more answers before solidifying my next scum read.

You lose literally nothing by talking to me.

Why then are you so reluctant?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Egg »

What else do you want to talk about?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Hi!

I can only check in for a few minutes tonight and I haven't read anything, but I targeted UA and was redirected to Egg who I got an innocent result on. I'll be back tomorrow and catch up with the other goings on.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1731, copper223 wrote:Brian what did you use on Spiffeh?

I had two options last twilight phase. The first was Path to Mastery, which blocks my target during the night but gradually empowers their role for the rest of the game. I didn't know enough about other players' roles to want to use it on anyone except one person, who according to my understanding had a twilight ability. Since it doesn't immediately resolve, I was told if the ability would work it would not begin resolving until the following twilight phase. I didn't feel like there was enough game left to play to bother.

The second choice was Fake-Empower, which immediately empowers my target's role in the night phase, but blocks them in the following night phase. I wanted to use it on someone that was in the ritual to see what would happen. I knew Copper was going to Lower World, so I chose to use him as a potential breadcrumb/hardclaim option. I wasn't confident in UA or AP being town based on them refusing to help me lynch my scumread and they weren't players I wanted to risk losing should Copper end up being scum. Spiffeh was on my wagon and I didn't really care if he ended up dying because of me or not.

I thought TTH may have been the person who gifted Spiffeh the ability. Since she has claimed otherwise, she goes back into my probable scum pile, along with Hito (it would be pretty lolsy if it's actually Hito considering UA wanted to lynch him yesterday over TTH). Egg is probably town based off of TTH's claim unless you feel like drinking the kool-aid of the 4-man scumteam.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Egg »

So TTH was real then. In the middle world, she investigated Ushiro and "The Hound" came over and sniffed me and said everyone was in good hands or something.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Mod confirmed by Fate or possible QT bs?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Aww man, I actually had this theory that Spiffeh / UA was just a legendary crossbus. It explains a lot of the data - if scum have no block and know a cop is incoming, claim it yourself first, lynch your friend, then lynch the cop (!) because "there can't be two cops", and hey, you DID claim first.

I was getting super jazzed about it, but TTH being redirected seems really bizarre for a scumteam who are coming in to the day ready to make this play. So maybe it wasn't right. It just feels absolutely like the kind of gambit GI would pull that involves him claiming Saulus. I still think it's the most likely interpretation if a townie did the redirect (but why would a townie do a redirect).

But for now let me start sorting all of the data in front of me. I think TTH has to be town in most lines that would make sense this (which makes me very sad :().

But actually, hang on, Egg: How did she investigate Ushiro in the Middle World?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

It's also possible she faked a redirect to avoid giving a result on UA, especially considering Egg has at least one fake thread (I don't remember if the TTH one was fake or not).

By fake I mean possible scum influence, not non-existent.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Oh ya TTH could be lying, but that wouldn't factor in to the crossbus scenario in 10:3.

I don't think TTH is lying simply because TTH + Spiffeh and TTH + UA are both kinda strange scumteams.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Why is TTH + UA strange?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I'm pretty sure we win if we just lynch down the line of Ushiro > TTH > hito
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

A vig would make things faster.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I think mostly everyone has claimed so far except Hito and maybe Spiffeh.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Also no one is actually phased by Ushiro's claim right?

I don't feel like wading through the bullshit
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Brian, can you clarify your action with the block?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 1814, Brian Skies wrote:Why is TTH + UA strange?

Sometimes scum pretend their scumbuddy is a top scumread without pushing it well, and sometimes scum fakeclaim cop, but the union of the two is pretty strange. I guess it's not quite as weird as I was thinking at first, though, because maybe TTH just panic claimed cop. If the redirect happened in a non-mod confirmed way, I suppose what happened could well have happened with TTH + UA. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Brian, did you get any clue regarding the source of your twilight ability? Does it seem to be the same sort of thing as what Spiffeh is claiming?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1819, AngryPidgeon wrote:Brian, can you clarify your action with the block?

What do you mean?

I know my action wasn't blocked because it's a twilight ability and I was able to journey (also a twilight ability). Only Spiffeh would know if he would get blocked, but considering he's a Shaman who manifests abilities as opposed to a power animal that just has abilities, it probably won't affect him and he's not on the ritual anyway.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

If I'm understanding this right, you used an action on Copper last twilight phase which will block him this next night phase like a normal roleblock would?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1811, hitogoroshi wrote:I was getting super jazzed about it, but TTH being redirected seems really bizarre for a scumteam who are coming in to the day ready to make this play.

I don't see why that is particularly weird. You think that having a redirector would make them not do the play at all; they would just redirect and lynch TTH in that case?
UshiromiyaAnge
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
UshiromiyaAnge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by UshiromiyaAnge »

In post 1806, Egg wrote:What else do you want to talk about?

I literally just asked you a question - how do things change when Spiffeh is confirmed scum and dead?

You said "nothing is changed" and then said "well I refuse to believe that, so nothing is changed".

These are high level non-answers.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”