Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

ibaesha wrote:Yosarian: Now, I've been supremely tricked by Yosarian before, however, on a general level I go with 'If Yosarian is making sense to me, he's very likely town'. In this game, Yosarian is making sense to me, and he -hasn't- done the thing where he goes after people using specific tells as I've seen him do before as scum. I find it slightly strange that cicero is claiming that Yos is doing something of that nature, when in fact, he hasn't. Overall, I'm getting a pro-town read from Yos.
Heh...well, thanks. I will say, though, that I don't think there's anything scummy about using scum tells; they're often at least a good way to get started in the process of finding scum.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:43 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

cicero wrote:Wow. Does Yosarian ever need to read up before he hits submit. ;-)
Heh...yeah, it's generally true that when I have a few pages to read up on, I respond to individual points before I read everything; otherwise I forget what I was going to say. But yeah, that re-claim by Albert does change things.

Albert, just in case you are town, you need to claim all of your actions, who you have targeted every night, and what they have all done, now.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:44 am

Post by cicero »

Oh Yos. You arent even done yet.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:47 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I'm the mother-in-law.
Jester of course.
Vanilla townie.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:49 am

I maintain Cicero is the SK. The only thing that has changed is that I viewed it as immoral to make a decision solely based on my own judgment. mcaltp probably scum too.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:49 am

EBWOP vieeew
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm the mother-in-law.
Jester of course.
Vanilla townie.
(sigh)

Ok, new plan. Today, we lynch McPaltpt. Cicero, tonight, you target Albert, and if he dies we'll know you're a insane doc/spin doctor/something. Or we could lynch Albert and have Cicero "vig" McPaltpt. Whatever, just so long as they both die.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Cicero 4 (Kison, Shanba, The Fonz, Pokerface)
ABR 4 (Erg0, Taffmaster, Mcpaltp, Cicero)
Lowell 3 (MoS, Tarhalindur, Ectomancer)
Mcpaltp 2 (Ibaesha, Yosarian2)
Pokerface 2 (Axelrod, Lowell)

Not Voting:
Roach
, Korlash, ABR

With 18 alive, and 17 present, 9 votes are now required to lynch. Not long left until Deadline!

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by cicero »

I dont know that it's that easy. Let's talk it out. This early with this much flavor we still cant rule out a mafia roleblocker or other shenanigans. Unless I know that I'll be told that my night action was blocked. It's worth a try but announcing night actions is asking for trouble. And I'm unwilling to become an unwitting serial killer. I fought hard enough today to stay in the game that I wont cavalierly kick someone else out.

Targetting Mcpaltp doesnt work either. He is apparently NK immune. Remember I targetted him on night zero. He's still alive but tells us he is NK immune.

Thoughts?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:07 pm

Vote Mcpaltp

Let's lynch Mcpaltp since he is night immune, and have Cicero test his ability tonight.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

cicero wrote:I dont know that it's that easy. Let's talk it out. This early with this much flavor we still cant rule out a mafia roleblocker or other shenanigans. Unless I know that I'll be told that my night action was blocked. It's worth a try but announcing night actions is asking for trouble. And I'm unwilling to become an unwitting serial killer. I fought hard enough today to stay in the game that I wont cavalierly kick someone else out.

Targetting Mcpaltp doesnt work either. He is apparently NK immune. Remember I targetted him on night zero. He's still alive but tells us he is NK immune.

Thoughts?
I'm not too worried about a scum re-director at this point. It's not that common a role anyway, and look at what we're dealing with here; the Dalaks might be gone, or if they're not there can't be many of them left. The cybermen already had a cult recruiter AND a "cult killer", whatever that is, I can't imagine them having much more power then that. And besides those two groups, we were speculating there might just be a SK or something. A lot of speculation there and everything, but eh, a scum re-director dosn't seem very likely to me right now.

A scum role-blocker is possible, I suppose, but that wouldn't be a disaster either; until we figure out what your role actually does, if anything, your role isn't that much use to the town, so if the bad guys do have a roleblocker, if he's tied up blocking you that's not the worst thing in the world either. Or they could target the same person you target for the kill which might confuse the issue, but again, that costs them their kill.

You are right, McPaltpt's apparently un-nightkillable, so we can't have you target him. Which dosn't mean he's not scum, of course, that's a really common ability for either SK's or godfathers. So, back to plan A; we lynch McPaltpt, you target Albert, and hopefully they both die, and in the process we might be able to confirm your role and/or figure out if you're a vig, a doc, or something else. Sound good?
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by cicero »

There is no way to reliably test me tonight that scum couldnt use to their advantage unless I pick a protection "victim" at random and they wouldnt know where I was targetting. Given that Adel died, I dont see that as very sensibly pro-town of me. Again, thoughts?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote Mcpaltp

Let's lynch Mcpaltp since he is night immune, and have Cicero test his ability tonight.

...so, you're not opposed to the "Cicero kills Albert tonight" plan???
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

cicero wrote:There is no way to reliably test me tonight that scum couldnt use to their advantage unless I pick a protection "victim" at random and they wouldnt know where I was targetting. Given that Adel died, I dont see that as very sensibly pro-town of me. Again, thoughts?
Eh...like I said, if the scum use up either a kill or a roleblock to mess with you, that also works in the town's favor, as your ability isn't worth much at the moment (I mean, what's the right tactical way to use an ability that might be a doc protection, a vig kill, or anything in between, or might do nothing at all?) and I don't mind wasting the scum's resources here.

(shrug) Don't target at random, target someone you think is sucm, but if you're really worried about it, you could not announce your target beforehand.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:14 pm

Of course not. I may have a chance of surviving, after all. And FTR Cicero SHOULD use his ability no matter what. His "becoming a vanilla townie" idea is retarded.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:21 pm

Post by cicero »

If and when I decide to test whether I cure or kill will be in a time and place of my own choosing where the decision is defensible yet hidden from the mafia. In short, I am going to presume I am a role blockable vigilante for now who doesnt kill until he has people to kill. If at that secret time and in that secret place I find out Im actually not a murderous killing machine I will revert to doc protecting. But I expect I'll be nightkilled before then.

I'm not "protecting" ABR so that the scum can either a) disguise their kill by targetting him at the same time, or b) Roleblock my "protection" so I think I can use it on a power role. It's not sensible.

If you want rid of Albert we'll have to do the dirty work together now. I'm sorry.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:26 pm

Disguising their kill will give the advantage to the town by giving the power roles(real cop) a break. Roleblocking your protection will also achieve that same effect.

You are really letting your emotions mess with you Cicero. You're not thinking straight.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:54 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Unvote, Vote: Mcpaltp
Permanent V/LA.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Good grief, what a cluster****.

I don't know what I think yet.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I believe that Mcpaltp is probably telling the truth, even about the PR, due to flavor- and role-based reasons (the only other reasonable possibility IMO is that he's scum with a *very* strong safe claim, and we can deal with that possibility later), and I do not want him lynched today.

I believe the PR for the time being because the Face of Boe says very, very little in the show (he only speaks three times as the Face of Boe in the series, IIRC), and what few utterances he does make are cryptic at best.

I believe the UNK claim because, as I have previously noted, the Face of Boe is strongly implied to be the future of Captain Jack Harkness. In the show, Captain Jack Harkness becomes effectively immortal due to Rose's actions in "The Parting of the Ways", and I would expect Captain Jack's flavor to reflect that in the game... but I'm Captain Jack Harkness, and I know that my flavor does not refer to Rose's action in any way. The simplest solution given what I know is that Mcpaltp is telling the truth; as such, I do not support his lynch today.

In fact, I think that it's time that I full claim (even though doing so practically guarantees my death tonight), since my claim should blow the situation wide open. I am, to paraphrase,
Captain Jack, Jailkeeper
. I get to lock another player up in the TARDIS at night, which is why I asked ABR about whether his role flavor mentioned the TARDIS (if he had answered yes, I would have counterclaimed). Since my ability nullifies any power role that my target has, I've been protecting the player who I consider the best analyst in the game - MoS, who people really should listen to more - since N1 (that Protoss campaign quote of mine was actually a breadcrumb - MoS is Tassadar, and I am the Dark Templar). MoS should be able to confirm this.

I didn't believe caps' doctor claim D1 because I doubted that there would be a jailkeeper and a doctor in the same game. I'm mistrustful of cicero's claim for similar reasons (if he hadn't claimed insane doctor, I would have come down on him hard - as it is, I can buy his claim for now). That said, I trust MoS as an analyst and I'm inclined to believe his assessment of DGB (and Lowell's play is pinging my scumdar, though I can't really talk about why at this time). Can we have some more votes on Lowell now, please?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Mcpaltp
We are not amused.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:18 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Fine, then.

Unvote, Vote: Lowell

This is a highly unorthodox game.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:23 am

Post by The Fonz »

unvote

I'm a need to think this one thru.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:45 am

Post by Axelrod »

I don't know how much time is left.

I don't really know why Tar claimed just there, but I have a hard time seeing 2 straight-up town "Watchers" in this game.

I note that ABR has not revealed his other supposed Night-choice for no reason I can see.

I note that his claimed result on Cicero is inconsistent with his earlier claim of getting a result on Cicero
Night 1
and of being "role-blocked" today.

I note that ABR is suggesting Cicero as the SK (as opposed to Mafia) which is a small tell right there.

I note that ABR has now lied on
at least
three occasions.

Vote: ABR

I might also vote Lowell, however, or even Cicero (very skeptical of murderous Doc) if that was our best shot at deadline. I don't really feel McPaltp yet, unkillable claim notwithstanding.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Mcpaltp 4 (Ibaesha, Yosarian2, ABR, MoS)
Cicero 3 (Kison, Shanba, Pokerface)
ABR 3 (Taffmaster, Mcpaltp, Cicero)
Lowell 3 (Tarhalindur, Ectomancer, Erg0)
Pokerface 2 (Axelrod, Lowell)

Not Voting:
Roach
, Korlash, Fonz

With 18 alive, and 17 present, 9 votes are now required to lynch.

35 minutes till deadline.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”