Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1974, Minimum wrote:By the way, Dolorous Arthur, for next time, be a bit more discreet, because that quote was the most obvious vig softclaim ever (particularly when combined with your reaction to bvoigt on Day One). :P

Bvoigt claims vig -> “This is a fake claim. Lynch it with fire”.
Sapo slip -> “You prob should claim. You know, because someone might want to vig, and they should know if they take out a stong PR”
Pre-lynch which was obv Bvo -> “Guys, can you please rank these four people from most to least suspicious. Kthx.”

:P

As for Jal/Staeg, I can see one of them (or maybe both if they're together?) try to vote-jail someone that was most prob not going to reach majority, and then kill them, because it would look to obv that scum would kill the person they jailed and was possibly protected from kill.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

Okay for the Godhand thing is it best to vote someone who:

You have a town read on but others don't?
You have a slight scum read on but can't really point to why?
You think has a chance to either alignment but are unlikely to be night killed or lynched and could be a danger in lylo?
Something else I'm missing?

------------
Edd

Pretty sure shinori's a guy.

Cool role!

Interesting interpretatn of BB's message. If they don't know who each other are that could explain why bvoigt said to make sure the choices make sense for town. I interpreted it as them not having day talk. But, I'm wondering how possible that could be. How would they coordinate night kills if they don't know each other?

My vote is on sapo in spirit right now. I didn't see the question to the mod as a scum slip, but the way they offered detailed proof of how the conversation went was more consistent with scum behavior.

Also, since Sapo will flip immediately, and I can't imagine how we'd vote anyone else at this point, can we do this relatively quickly? If they flip one of the factions, we could spend the rest of the day on analysis of them both and potentially wipe out one faction today. Although I'd suppose the factions could be larger than 3 and 3 given the roles and mechanics of the game, but someone who understands balance better than I do could answer that.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

House Bolton of the Dreadfort is an old line descended from the First Men and dating back to the Age of Heroes. Their sigil is a flayed man, red on pink

Day 3, Votecount 1

Staeg (2) - Pandora, Minimum

Not Voting (19):
Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Dolorous Edd, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, MagnaofIllusion, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Benmage, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Pandora, Saporerint, Scumhunter, BBmolla, Jal

With 21 alive it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline
: 30th September at 1:55am Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-09-29 20:55:47)
MagnaofIllusion is V/la

Day 3, Godhand Count

Not Godhanding (21):
Minimum, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Dolorous Edd, Staeg, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, MagnaofIllusion, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Benmage, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Pandora, Saporerint, Scumhunter, BBmolla, Jal

With 21 alive it takes 12 to Godhand. No Majority = No..um Godhand.

Deadline
: 30th September at 1:55am Ireland time. (GMT+1)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2012-09-29 20:55:47)

Spoiler: Trial by Combat
Trial by Combat

Only blood can pay for blood. A life for a life. A
Trial by combat
has been called. Saporerint and Dolorous Edd will participate. One of them will die today, you will decide which of them that is.

The person to reach a majority vote first will die. Should no one reach majority then one of Saporerint/Dolorous Edd will die at the end of the day, anyway. However should someone reach majority they will die and be flipped immediedately during the day. Should both participants gain an equal amount of votes then the person who got to that number first will die. Should no one decide to hurt anyone then one of the participants will be randomly struck down by the Gods.

To 'vote' use the hurt tags. HURT: Saporerint or HURT: Dolorous Edd. Once you have 'hurt' you cannot 'unhurt'.

I will update the hurt count once someone has hurt a player. It will not be in each votecount, due to space. Dolorous Edd and Saporerint are already hurting each other. Because well...only one can survive...dun dun dun!

'Hit 'em where it hurts'

Dolorous Edd (1) : Saporerint
Saporerint (1) : Dolorous Edd

Not hurting (19)
: Minimum, Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Staeg, Tyene Sand, kortul, Shinori, MagnaofIllusion, Plums Yo Mamma, Magua, Regfan, Zdenek, Benmage, Mastermind of Sin, Feysal, Pandora, Scumhunter, BBmolla, Jal.

A majority will kill someone.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1974, Minimum wrote:MagnaofIllusion, do you actually think all the players on that list have a reasonable chance of being scum?

See, it's stupid questions like this (and I'm assuming this is CES) that make me wonder if you guys can possibly be this bad as Town (aka my scum read on you is accurate). The answer, of course, is clearly not since I myself am included on my list :roll:

That list of players all meet the following criteria - they are experienced and much harder to lynch as scum than the average player while being capable of being a positive Town force once confirmed. So selecting them to be Godhand revealed gives Town a benefit regardless.

1. If they are Scum they are autolynched Day 6 (assuming they survive Night 5 somehow).
2. If they are Town they get an automatic pass to Day 4 free of threat of Nightkill and then introduce WIFOM into scum's Nightkill deliberations (opposing scum will not be immediately sure until the end of Day 5 that they aren't going to be an autolynch as a member of the opposite team) for Night 4.
3. If they are Town and survive to the end of Day 5 they give Town protective roles another good target to flex their protective muscle on.

I personally would love to be Godhanded so I can avoid having to deal with "Burden of Proficiency / Kill him if he lives to Day 4/5/whatever" arguments from players too lazy to try to read me.

@Tammy
- I hope this answers your questions regarding what I feel is the best use for this ability.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:20 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1965, MagnaofIllusion wrote:My list - myself, Tyene, Plum Momma, Magua, Reg, Benmage, MoS ... and maybe I could have my arm wrung to Minimum. No chance anyone outside this group gets my Godhand vote.

I prefer Regfan - Minimum - Benmage in that order. No one else really. Tyene is obv town. MoS is scum, and doesn't need waiting till day6 to get lynched (actually he prob does, since Staeg/Jal/Mocking need death before him, but etc). Plum is leaning town, and he's not really a threat, and if he's scum, he'll prob get caught by PoE sooner or later. Magua is meh; cow already put a townread on that slot, and while it's not as concrete as some of the others, if he's scum PoE will sooner or later kick in. MoI is just weird with "I should be chosen day1" "I should be Godhanded day1" etc. So I can maybeee consider him as a compromise. But he's leaning town for his thinking/ideas that seem to come from town.
Currently alt of Ser Arthur Dayne. Formerly hydra of Bodean44 (Alek) and Ser Arthur Dayne.

"The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'"
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

Vote: MagnaofIllusion

I don't like your attitude!!
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Scumhunter
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Scumhunter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Post by Scumhunter »

He's trying to bait me into trolling. Scumlord behavior 101, looking for a distraction. Yes, I'm serious!
Show
Town: 12-5
Scum: 3-1
-----
Troll-head of Soben hydra
Town: 3-2
Scum: 0-0
-----
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by Minimum »

For the record, Edd, Faraday could have easily thrown in both an odd-night vig AND your role (part of why I didn't immediately sheep you on bvoigt was because I thought you could be a weak killing role who didn't know Faraday's mod meta).

Lyanna, in ACoK, there were nine scum (4-4-1) in a twenty-six-player game (4-4-1). The factions definitely aren't 3-3 in a
twenty-eight
-player game. Had Faraday not bitched to me so much about there being ten scum in Chrono Trigger, I'd have guessed this was 5-5 (with one of the scum on each faction being a traitor)--and I can still see Faraday being a hypocrite about balance given that ACoK had a higher scum ratio than CT, or thinking splitting up Team Aegon would compensate for the numbers.

I don't disagree with your point, though, particularly since Edd is blindingly obvious town. It just seems like good manners to give them a couple of days (and at least have all the information on the table before they die). I actually think the slip in isolation had decent odds of being innocuous, but they're a good lynch anyway based on PoE, lack of town tells, Salamence's play, and the change in their play since being treated like confirmed scum.

p-edit: that was Mina, and I actually missed that you'd included yourself on the list (I read "myself" as part of "My list"), but 1) I would godhand myself over several of the names on that list (because clearing a group suspect is better than making sure that a widely trusted player is
double
-confirmed in a game with
crosskills
), 2) missing something like that is not even the slightest bit alignment relevant, and 3) that doesn't explain why you were pushing us to the ground on D1 but then stopped despite claiming to still suspect us. I asked because some of the players on your list were bizarre, and I wasn't sure if the problem was with your strategy or your scum/null reads. I have no problem with choosing players you'd like to have around even if they were scum, but it's a complete waste of a guaranteed sane mod investigation to use it on someone who's trusted
and
likely to be nightkilled.
Dolorous Edd
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Dolorous Edd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:42 pm

Post by Dolorous Edd »

In post 1982, Minimum wrote:For the record, Edd, Faraday could have easily thrown in both an odd-night vig AND your role (part of why I didn't immediately sheep you on bvoigt was because I thought you could be a weak killing role who didn't know Faraday's mod meta).

Odd night vig and even night dude who can battle people is pretty OP? And, unrelated, I have to put myself in danger (and reveal my role) to use my role while he can just Thor hammer people (yes Mina, Thor reference just for you ;))? Pretty unevened out roles?

Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:55 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 1979, Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 1965, MagnaofIllusion wrote:My list - myself, Tyene, Plum Momma, Magua, Reg, Benmage, MoS ... and maybe I could have my arm wrung to Minimum. No chance anyone outside this group gets my Godhand vote.

I prefer Regfan - Minimum - Benmage in that order. No one else really. Tyene is obv town. MoS is scum, and doesn't need waiting till day6 to get lynched (actually he prob does, since Staeg/Jal/Mocking need death before him, but etc). Plum is leaning town, and he's not really a threat, and if he's scum, he'll prob get caught by PoE sooner or later. Magua is meh; cow already put a townread on that slot, and while it's not as concrete as some of the others, if he's scum PoE will sooner or later kick in. MoI is just weird with "I should be chosen day1" "I should be Godhanded day1" etc. So I can maybeee consider him as a compromise. But he's leaning town for his thinking/ideas that seem to come from town.

Do you really have a potential scum read on regfan? I think a Godhand on him would be a waste, with the exception of making sure he lives to tomorrow. He described the difference between his town/scum game to Zdenek and wasn't lying about his difference in play. He's a good scum player but there is a noticeable difference between his town/scum play that I think by day 4/5 you would be able to tell if not sooner than that.

Did you pay attention to the fringe game after we lynched you on day two? He was converted on night one, and if you remember his play was quite different afterwards. I remember faraday commenting in the dead qt That regfan started lurking as soon as he became scum. Even his rather protown play as athird party in mafia behind the maiden was significantly different than here.

I get being paranoid of him, but I'd be absolutely shocked if he was scum here.
Winter is Coming

Love is sweet, dearest Ned, but it cannot change a man's nature
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 1965, MagnaofIllusion wrote:myself, Tyene, Plum Momma, Magua, Reg, Benmage, MoS ... and maybe I could have my arm wrung to Minimum.

Sounds good.

I'd say Plum.

Uhmm... Yeah I also want to Hurt Sapo.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by Shinori »

Staeg. Who did you target on Night 1?

This is what my claim is relevant to.
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Shinori »

Meh, scratch that.

I'm still leaning staeg as being scum.

I know what he did N1.
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Post by Shinori »

Only to an extent.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Staeg »

So what the hell is that information?

(I targeted regfan, to ward off all those pesky shitflingers)
sa vrede?
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Post by Shinori »

Earlier in your posts you said you felt bad about Regfan and voted BVO. Forgive me if I'm just playing bad, I probably am. Why did you state earlier that you felt bad about regfan in post 1564? Do you still feel bad about him? What makes you feel bad about him?

Also, what is that supposed to mean in regards to you targeting him? To ward off all those pesky shitflingers? Were you doing something that would help give you a town read on him?
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:24 pm

Post by Staeg »

In post 1990, Shinori wrote:Earlier in your posts you said you felt bad about Regfan and voted BVO. Forgive me if I'm just playing bad, I probably am. Why did you state earlier that you felt bad about regfan in post 1564?

Gut+Role.
Do you still feel bad about him? What makes you feel bad about him?
Yes. Gut+Role.

Also, what is that supposed to mean in regards to you targeting him? To ward off all those pesky shitflingers? Were you doing something that would help give you a town read on him?

By that, I meant that I gave you the answer because if I didn't, someone would come along and be HERP A DERP STAG AINT CLAIMING HIS ACTION HOPING THAT SHINORIS JUST GAMBITING HERP. Yes.
sa vrede?
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by Shinori »

So why did you choose to use your ability on Regfan?

I'm just sketchy because i have a scum feelings from you and I know you performed an investigative role on N1. Which isn't much, however with two scum teams there is most likely at least one scum cop or scum watcher.
Shinori
Shinori
Goon
Shinori
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Post by Shinori »

I'm the type of tracker thing that tracks a person and learns what they did that night but not to who they did it to.
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Post by Pandora »

Uhm. With bvoight being roleblocked scum, and two other kills against masons, aren't all the scumkills accounted for?

Having reread what Godhand actually does, I mostly agree with MoI. MoI, Mockingjaye, Plum Momma, Maguaslot, Benmage, MoS and Minimum ( :P ) would be my pics. If I were handing indescriminantly this moment I'd go with Minimum just to clear the air and because I don't think she's guilty anymore but people keep turning back to her. If I were aiming for the sake of a guilty I'd probably look at Feysal, but I don't think I want him alive that long. I seriously feel like he's taken a dive off of existence plane.

Hooo shit I was about to unvote Staeg because he sounded like he was softclaiming doc. Shinori, are you sure he performed an investigative role? Stop cutting me and seems so. Well then! CHOO CHOO

Is there a reason we're waiting to hurt Sapo or
(I know we're waiting for him to claim, it still feels like wasted time. :cool: )

- Shadoweh feelin a little better after some good rest and hot coco :D
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Post by Staeg »

In post 1992, Shinori wrote:So why did you choose to use your ability on Regfan?

Because he was a person that I'd trust with an inno if town and want deadeadead if scum.
sa vrede?
Tyene Sand
Tyene Sand
Goon
Tyene Sand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Post by Tyene Sand »

Haven't read.

@mods: I'll have limited access until the 22nd. Party time. \o/
Going on vacation this summer? Choose Sand! Choose beautiful women! Choose questionable rebellion! Choose Areo Hotah's boring POVs! Choose Darkstar! Choose Alleras the Sphynx! Choose Vengeance. Justice. Fire and Blood. (That will fail.)
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:25 pm

Post by Regfan »

Staeg, let me make sure that I get this completely right. You claim that you investigated me N1, then come end of N1 and start of D2 you state that you have 'bad guttish feelings about me' but don't claim any information, the only way that it even makes an ounce of sense is if you 'guiltied' me in which case you'd come out stating and claiming your guilty and your states as much. So you investigating me, getting an innocent and then stating a scum-read on me makes no sense whatsoever. I know your online now so want to explain it to me?

I'm super confident in Lyanna, Edd, Tyene, Magua, Zdenek, Benmage, Shinori, Pandora and Molla being town so they're a waste of a godsent choice. That leaves Minimum, Mockingjaye, Staeg, Kortul, Shinori, MoI, Plum, MoS, Feysal, Sapor, Jal and Scumhunter left. MoI is townish enough to not need an investigation on and Staeg/Sapor are not worth guarenteeing to be alive come D6. Only decent godsent choices are then Minimum, Mocking, Kortul, MoS, Plum, Jal, Scumhunter and Feysal. Out of those my preference would probably be Plum > Mocking > MoS > Minimum > Feysal > Jal > Scumhunter > Kortul.

Sapor is dying hands down in battle, Edd play and role wise is as town as there possibly is (His role makes no sense as scum) and nothing Sapor claims can really change that at all, I'll give them a few days to get their thoughts and information out before voting though.

In post 1982, Minimum wrote:The factions definitely aren't 3-3 in a
twenty-eight
-player game. Had Faraday not bitched to me so much about there being ten scum in Chrono Trigger, I'd have guessed this was 5-5 (with one of the scum on each faction being a traitor)--and I can still see Faraday being a hypocrite about balance given that ACoK had a higher scum ratio than CT, or thinking splitting up Team Aegon would compensate for the numbers.

I was thinking earlier that the fact that there's daily activities in this game (Send someone to the wall, investigate someone, jailkeep someone) means that combined with roles is going to make this a fairly high powered game so I think 5 v 5 is super feasible and somewhat likely, only thing pointing against it really is the fact that there's so many people in the game I'd be shocked if they were scum. 4 v 4 with scum having some super powerful roles works as well I suppose.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Post by Staeg »

I'm not a full alignment cop. I mean, I might as well claim already, since I'd probably be the lynch and this might not change it:
Wyman Manderly, Frey-cop. Regfan result should be obvious, can out other results if needed.
sa vrede?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Post by Regfan »

Oh and Scumhunter, actually read the game asap dude.

(Think it's likely that Pless roleblocked someone in his strong scum pool of and given that there were two nightkills it means that scum who sent in the kill wasn't roleblocked which means that Feysal and Sapor are slightly less likely to be in the scum-team that shot him. With that said there's a good chance they were shot by having at least one scum in their weak scum areas [Minimum, Kortul, Staeg] and I'm betting on it being Staeg right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”