Open 490: Donner Party Mafia (Game Over)

Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:21 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.8

auspicious (4)
: havingfitz, fferyllt, Superdeclan, Syryana
Otolia (3)
: MeowMix, goodmorning, Cheery Dog
MeowMix (2)
: unseencamo, Otolia
havingfitz (1)
: DCLXVI
Superdeclan (1)
: auspicious

No Vote (1)
: Malakittens

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Friday, April 19 at 5:30pm CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-04-19 17:30:00).
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:15 pm

Post by unseencamo »

In post 197, goodmorning wrote:So all I missed today was Syr agreeing with me as per OOOOOOOOO and a couple debates over semantics.
Cool stuff, bros.

Actually that's not quite true, Cheery's point on Sd is something I'll surely be looking in to when I get home.

Elaborate
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by unseencamo »

In post 198, DCLXVI wrote:Not liking USC's posts 44-46, his push on meomix does not seem genuine.

Whoops, I meant to quote this. Elaborate.
unseencamo
unseencamo
Goon
unseencamo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Post by unseencamo »

Disregard #201
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 198, DCLXVI wrote:
@goodmorning 55, IDC if you are a cat, you are annoying.

LOVE YOU TOOOOOO

In post 203, unseencamo wrote:Disregard #201

Aww :[
I was so excited that I was actually getting asked stuff.

To elaborate anyways, since I said I was going to earlier: it may have some merit. I will class it an interesting.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 196, havingfitz wrote:
In post 195, Syryana wrote:
In post 192, havingfitz wrote:Syryana...why does SD voting auspicious

Gut feeling. His bandwagon jumpery was pretty blatant. Makes him worth keeping an eye on.

Could you elaborate on this seeing as how he's been on the same two wagons as you?

It's not the wagons he's jumping to, it's the way he's jumping. He's justifying why he thinks the person he's jumping onto is scummy but not why that person is scummier than the person he just left. I don't know a better way to explain it.

In progress, decoding 666's latest wall.

DCLXVI wrote:
In post 17, havingfitz wrote:
In post 8, fferyllt wrote:I don't do RVS.

I do (begrudgingly)...

VOTE: fferyllt

The reason I don't like this vote by fitz is that the no RVS issue with fferylt had already been resolved. His meta clearly showed that he was playing as he normally did, it was a bad vote and a poor attempt to join a bandwagon.

What does this have anything to do with fery not voting? Fitz wasn't voting fery because she doesn't RVS. He was saying he begrudgingly does RVS, hence vote. Interpretation fail.

DCLXVI wrote:
In post 26, Syryana wrote:Because you've not made a single reference to my RVS joke on you. If you were town, you'd have laughed about it like we did in that newbie game, since half that game was me yelling at you for that joke.

Since you ignored it, that means you don't like the attention, ergo you're scum.

This is just stupid, not scummy stupid, or town stupid, just stupid.

Thanks for the brilliant analysis. Perhaps you ought to analyze the repercussions of this statement in terms of MM's responses.

DCLXVI wrote:Not liking USC's posts 44-46, his push on meomix does not seem genuine.

Why do you think they're not genuine?

DCLXVI wrote:missrepping in order to join a wagon. I think that's strike two now against fitz.

Strike one. Your first point was invalid.

DCLXVI wrote:When I use the phrase "in all seriousness" that means I'm not in RVS mode.

As I explained early in this post. Fitz's RVS post was bad considering the context of it with me having already posted confirming fferylt meta. Yes, it is possible for someone to make a scumm RVS vote. We get out of RVS by finding scummy RVS posts by other players.

Yes, except fitz's post wasn't scummy. Again, interpretation fail. Not to mention we were already out of RVS by the time of this ridiculous post thanks to the MM discussion.

DCLXVI wrote:
In post 83, Syryana wrote:No, 666's vote is terrible because he's basing it off an RVS vibe. He's got much better targets around, such as MM for scummy responses or some of the folks on MM's wagon (which other people have pointed out but I can't be arsed to quote). I didn't get a scummy vibe off fitz's RVS and I don't see how 666 did. The partners comment came from 666's lack of justification for thinking MM town and subsequent vote on fitz for reasons that I believe to be very shaky.

Its perfectly ok to make a page two vote off of an RVS vibe (actually, now that I think about it, all the votes on MM are for things that started in RVS, wait, you can vote for RVS stuff but I can't HYPOCRISY)

Way to misrep what I said. Sure, if you take the first sentence of the paragraph and chop off the rest of it that's what I said, but my point was your reason sucked and you were ignoring everything that had gone on since your last post on the first page.

DCLXVI wrote:Well, my vote was random random, it was for the reason of you not doing RVS. And once my reason was shown to be invalid, I decided to place my vote somewhere else.

So your vote was random, but it had a reason. So....... it wasn't random.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Post by Syryana »

Hey, gm. List the top five things you find most interesting thus far, from greatest to least.

Fery, you've been quiet. What are you thinking?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm thinking that auspicious got damn quiet. And I'm thinking that I don't really understand the Otolia wagon.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm also thinking that DCLXVI doesn't really get RVS and it seems like a lot of questionable logic has fallen like dominoes from that initial lack of grok. Question is, how real is that? It seems real to me.

Idic
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 208, fferyllt wrote:I'm also thinking that DCLXVI doesn't really get RVS and it seems like a lot of questionable logic has fallen like dominoes from that initial lack of grok. Question is, how real is that? It seems real to me.

Questions...

Grok?

What's real?

I agree with the questionable logic part. See my post taking apart the monster under the spoiler.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 206, Syryana wrote:Hey, gm. List the top five things you find most interesting thus far, from greatest to least.

MMK.

The MM discussions on the first couple pages
Auspicious'
Cheery's
MM's
Cheery's point on Sd

That's the five things that I have called/agreed "interesting" so far this game, ordered as requested.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by Syryana »

So, by interesting do you mean "I find these posts to be scummy" or interesting as in "I find these posts entertaining"?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 209, Syryana wrote:
In post 208, fferyllt wrote:I'm also thinking that DCLXVI doesn't really get RVS and it seems like a lot of questionable logic has fallen like dominoes from that initial lack of grok. Question is, how real is that? It seems real to me.

Questions...

Grok?

sorry. scifi slang for something like experiential awareness. DLCXVI
did
RVS but didn't seem to
get
RVS.

What's real?
Is it discomfort/nervousness about RVS (ie., scum and worrying about making an error) or is it typical of his play during that phase of the game? I've added this to my research list, now that I've articulated what's been bothering me.

I agree with the questionable logic part. See my post taking apart the monster under the spoiler.
Yeah, saw that.

Idic
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:51 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 212, fferyllt wrote:sorry. scifi slang for something like experiential awareness. DLCXVI did RVS but didn't seem to get RVS.

Unless you are rolling dice a random vote isn't truly random. RVS is a misnomer.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

fferyllt, you are the one lacking 'grok' since you don't ever do RVS.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 207, fferyllt wrote:I'm thinking that auspicious got damn quiet. And I'm thinking that I don't really understand the Otolia wagon.

ditto
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Post by MeowMix »

on 666: I read through his last 3 or so games, and his RVSes have mostly been kinda jokey. I'm thinking this one is much of the same, especially the 1/3 vote thing, which imo is a silly thing that no scum would really "calculate" doing

UNVOTE: Otolia

although I'm not a huge fan of some of his misrepresentations of my arguments, I see Otolia/Syr a couple of pages back as TvT

FoS @ uncleandamo for:
In post 179, unseencamo wrote:That being said MM has literally made no real attempt to scumhunt. He has kept his original RVS this whole time. What the hell. This guy is clearly the scummiest and the most logical choice.

it's fairly hypocritical to say that I'm not scumhunting when most (all?) of your posts consists of little content, slight probing questions, and one liners

will look a bit more at aussielicious later; didn't really see what you guys are seeing right now but I haven't iso'd him
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 213, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 212, fferyllt wrote:sorry. scifi slang for something like experiential awareness. DLCXVI did RVS but didn't seem to get RVS.

Unless you are rolling dice a random vote isn't truly random. RVS is a misnomer.

substance-free/light would be a better descriptor.

Idic
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 211, Syryana wrote:So, by interesting do you mean "I find these posts to be scummy" or interesting as in "I find these posts entertaining"?

I mean "interesting" as in "I find these posts to be out of the ordinary and think they are worthy of being looked back at later".
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Post by Otolia »

Spoiler: goodmorning's list of interesting things
In post 210, goodmorning wrote:
In post 206, Syryana wrote:Hey, gm. List the top five things you find most interesting thus far, from greatest to least.

MMK.

The MM discussions on the first couple pages
Auspicious'
Cheery's
MM's
Cheery's point on Sd

That's the five things that I have called/agreed "interesting" so far this game, ordered as requested.

3 out of these 5 points are in relation to Meowmix and yet you are voting against me. I don't understand why you wouldn't be more interested in the person whom you are eager to lynch. I concede that finding something interesting isn't equivalent to finding something scummy, but I still question your interest in my lynch if you can't even find a single thing interesting against me right now.

In post 213, DCLXVI wrote:Unless you are rolling dice a random vote isn't truly random. RVS is a misnomer.

You are playing with words and deflecting her point. You voted after RVS had ended (when Syryana started reacting to Meowmix votes) and still consider that it was a RVS vote despite not being
random
. This is also intriguing to me as (like fferyllt pointed out) you used a concept to cast your first vote while paying no attention to your environment. It something townies are less susceptible to do unless they are pressured - which you weren't.

As of right now and Meowmix last post, I feel there is little benefit to have him lynched today, despite what seem contradictory statement, the joke case is too small to be considered serious without further (and better) arguments. UNVOTE: Meowmix
Focusing on Syryana is probably not a good idea right now seeing how people didn't react that much to our exchange and when they did they viewed it as Townie vs. Townie.
Among the one I have little reads right now are goodmorning, auspicious, havingfitz and 666.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 214, DCLXVI wrote:fferyllt, you are the one lacking 'grok' since you don't ever do RVS.

Hopefully I get some good insight about when and why it ends.

Idic
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:14 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 205, Syryana wrote:
In post 196, havingfitz wrote:
In post 195, Syryana wrote:
In post 192, havingfitz wrote:Syryana...why does SD voting auspicious

Gut feeling. His bandwagon jumpery was pretty blatant. Makes him worth keeping an eye on.

Could you elaborate on this seeing as how he's been on the same two wagons as you?

It's not the wagons he's jumping to, it's the way he's jumping. He's justifying why he thinks the person he's jumping onto is scummy but not why that person is scummier than the person he just left. I don't know a better way to explain it.

I don't know think I ever say why I find someone I'm voting more scummy than the person I was voting previously. And SD was simply coming off the person he was RVing. So why would he need to justify leaving that person with anything more than a valid reason for his new vote? And iirc you didn't prove the reasoning you expect from SD when you switched from your RV target to auspicious. :?

The only thing I find suspect with SD's move to auspicious is that he said he was going to look at him at 12:45 pm and within 9 minutes (1:04 pm) he had made a fairly detailed analysis of auspicious' ISO and determined he was worth voting. That seems awfully quick to me. Granted...I work slowly but it almost seems like he either had his analysis already done (which I don't think is the case) or that he read auspisous' ISO with the predetermination that he was going to be finding auspicious guilty...and vote him. Which on the one hand I'm ok with because I suspect/am voting auspicious too...but it still seems off to me. :neutral:
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:48 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Liking havingfitz for town.

Idic
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:55 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Getting to this game now. Post incoming soonish.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 219, Otolia wrote:3 out of these 5 points are in relation to Meowmix and yet you are voting against me. I don't understand why you wouldn't be more interested in the person whom you are eager to lynch. I concede that finding something interesting isn't equivalent to finding something scummy, but I still question your interest in my lynch if you can't even find a single thing interesting against me right now.

Well, when you consider that scumfeels/scumtells are pretty fucking ordinary...

@Mala: yayyyyyy : D

Return to “Completed Open Games”