Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by Smudger »

Just completing a wall post as I know some questions have been asked of me, this will hopefully be covered in that post
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:53 pm

Post by Smudger »

Getting back to the game and to answer a question directed at me. , my feelings so far regarding everyone:

I can’t get any reads on
Cade, Crimml or Sakura
, as there is nothing to go on.

Mutley
No idea? could be Scum could be Town, could even be TP (if we had any in game), his interaction, it is dismissive, bordering on arrogant and somewhat frustrating. But I am being subjective here. Mutley give us something to go on please?

Pecan
, leans town with me. IMO an ability to be active and present a good argument within the discussion gives a town read first and foremost. This is further augmented by the ability to focus primarily on the content of questions and not the negativity, thus able to give balanced responses.

Troubles
leaning town for the same reasons as stated for Pecan but not as strong as Pecan.

Xdaamno
slight scum read, but based on lack of content than much else. Although this rather off handed comment here regarding town has my interest
In post 195, Xdaamno wrote:
Yes it would. That information is already available to you.
Yeah man, that's true, but I don't really have the time... haha. I would usually think that's up to you, since otherwise you've presented the town with entirely nonfunctional information which 'might' be able to be turned into something useful? Also, wanna speak a bit more about the methodology?
Freedom
Scum leaning here also, and this is due to post content, there is actually not a lot of hunting going on, some agreement to others comments, some other unrelated BS regarding an Avi but not much else. So in this respect maybe I do agree with Janine.

Beli
null read to be honest even after the Driver method posts, I don't know if he is trying to be a help or hindrance, I suppose some more explanation regarding his offered Method would not hurt and the reason why he is not in his list.

Siveure DtTrikyp
town reading here, again actively hunting and providing food for thought, even with the number theory, which is causing my head to hurt.

Deckard
leaning very slight scum as I am interested to understand how contradiction is not a scummy trait as IMO, it is, but only if reasonable and acceptable explanation can be given to explain it. But repeated and consistent contradiction is a sign of lying is it not?

Alabaska J
Slightly tipping town. Can’t really put a finger on it, his post content again would seem to be balanced and responsive to questions asked, and I cannot find much that would at this stage be contentious IMO.

Stryker
I have to agree with all those who have placed there vote here and in particular the case that has been presented by Pecan in . I will add to this though as since the case was presented Stryker has not been on to defend himself. In fact has gone particularly quite. So unless the player is replaced then it would seem that Stryker is a strong lynch candidate. Three posts with very little content plus a picture in a forth post.

So I have more scum reads than possible in the game, I agree, but that is what I am getting at this moment in time. So based on everything so far:

VOTE: Stryker
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:57 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Huh, you really buy pecan's case on Stryker? Stryker's made 4 post, and pecan's case was worded to imply he found all of them extremely scummy - and yet, looking at them, the most I get out of them is disinterested/idiosyncratic.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 202, Xdaamno wrote:Huh, you really buy pecan's case on Stryker? Stryker's made 4 post, and pecan's case was worded to imply he found all of them extremely scummy - and yet, looking at them, the most I get out of them is disinterested/idiosyncratic.
I agree, but then the case is a least a case, and Stryker's lack of responses and being in thread don't help the game. Hopefully the player will be replaced out, and we can get on. If you pushed me to vote on another player then I would say my vote would go to you or Freedom, based on my observations above, and then those are slight. The trouble is with all this talk about numbers and "driver Method", in essence we have a small number of players consistently posting and then 4 who are absent, this does not help at all.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Post by Smudger »

In post 203, Smudger wrote:
In post 202, Xdaamno wrote:Huh, you really buy pecan's case on Stryker? Stryker's made 4 post, and pecan's case was worded to imply he found all of them extremely scummy - and yet, looking at them, the most I get out of them is disinterested/idiosyncratic.
I agree, but then the case is a least a case, and Stryker's lack of responses and being in thread don't help the game. Hopefully the player will be replaced out, and we can get on. If you pushed me to vote on another player then I would say my vote would go to you or Freedom, based on my observations above, and then those are slight. The trouble is with all this talk about numbers and "driver Method"
my appreciation of the play of those people providing the methods is clouded,
in essence we have a small number of players consistently posting and then 4 who are absent, this does not help at all.
Fixed
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:21 pm

Post by Smudger »

darn it...
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:30 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Could someone explain to me what the heck is Bellisarious talking about with the Driver Tell? Why even bring it up? How is it helpful? How is it contributing? It's just confusing me more than helping...
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Post by Mutleyddmc »

This driver method I just read up in. Seems to be a load of bollocks for a web forum game. Sorry for the time you've been putting in. However it seems like it won't relate well to a web based game. As it is more about face to face stuff. As you can't gauge lots of the face to face baseline stuff. On here you may ask a question and someone can think about there answer as you don't know what they are doing

Smudged why feel the need to bring up TP. When there clearly isn't one?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

So basically Beillisarious made a whole post of nothing ._.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Post by Mutleyddmc »

Well I don't know how he's adapted it to suit his purposes. However I believe from what I've read that it wouldn't translate well to the Internet. Plus the method they use aren't that great as lots them I do for fun.

Eg the yes or no answer shit. I never give a yes or no answer in real life cos I like to wind people up
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:19 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 207, Mutleyddmc wrote:Smudged why feel the need to bring up TP. When there clearly isn't one?
the bit in brackets hopefully gave it away, however to expand more, because until right now your responses were not helping the game, so call it frustration call it whatever you want the point I was trying to make is that the posts you have made were of no help in me determining your alignment.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:20 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 209, Mutleyddmc wrote:Eg the yes or no answer shit. I never give a yes or no answer in real life cos I like to wind people up
never? really??
Mutleyddmc
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mutleyddmc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:28 am

Post by Mutleyddmc »

In post 210, Smudger wrote:
In post 207, Mutleyddmc wrote:Smudged why feel the need to bring up TP. When there clearly isn't one?
the bit in brackets hopefully gave it away, however to expand more, because until right now your responses were not helping the game, so call it frustration call it whatever you want the point I was trying to make is that the posts you have made were of no help in me determining your alignment.

My point being there was no need to even mention it. Seems like you were trying to add more doubt over me somehow.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:33 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 212, Mutleyddmc wrote:
In post 210, Smudger wrote:

My point being there was no need to even mention it. Seems like you were trying to add more doubt over me somehow.
Nope just want you active that is all,
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:35 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

You know, the whole stryker thing is a pointless waste of time, as

"Last visited:Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:18 pm"

Yeaaah.

Waitaminute that's two days after his last post... Hrmm, I think he really should be replaced by now.

And dangit I've been way too focused on stryker argh.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:45 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 195, Xdaamno wrote:I don't really have the time
My uninterrupted pass took four and a half hours. This is to establish a
baseline
, when I might not even be alive later on to take advantage of it. I do not feel bad about not putting in enough work.
In post 197, Smudger wrote:I went and had a look at the site www.lyintamer.com all I could find was a lot of archive video footage of interviews, I could not actually find any links to a method that takes the content of a written document and gives you a result based on that content? Maybe I missed something? What I do see is that to truly understand her method I have to buy her book?
Well, of course her own site is going to try to encourage you to buy her books. My advice is not to do that unless you encounter a lot of face-to-face deception in real life. Her source material is much more useful in Mafia terms, but I studied that method over the run of about a month before trying to use it, frequently googling the subject matter independently, so if you just read her book your style of apporaching the method would differ from my own. The only source I directly remember that applies in a forum Mafia environment is McClish. If you're going to buy a book just for Mafia, buy his instead.

But you don't have to do that. All you have to do is wait and see. I fully intend to do further passes through the thread as the game progresses and post them for comparison with this baseline. If I'm alive, it'll be in this thread, if not it'll be in the Dead QT. Either way you'll get to see the results.

This is the first game I've used this method in from Page 1, so it's as much an experiment for me as for anyone else. I'm aware that what I've posted so far is insufficient in isolation and may well annoy the town enough to lynch me or scare the scum enough for them to shoot me, and that's a risk I'm willing to take in the name of SCIENCE!
In post 197, Smudger wrote:you are stating that Freedom is giving the biggest scum read with a 10??
Yes, as the higher numbers are filled with more circumstantial tells. I expect the content:tell ratio of the scum to increase as the game goes on, but town's will remain consistent.
In post 197, Smudger wrote:why you do not analysis yourself?
I already
know
my own alignment. Biased data is unscientific.
In post 198, Smudger wrote:One further question, and I don't mean to offend any one:

In post 189, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Uh, who the hell is susan?
In post 190, Belisarius wrote:pieceofpecanpie
Pecans Bio says Male?
It's a pisstake based on a prior game I was in with him

So, direct responses done, the summary of what I'm doing with the Driver analysis is to pick apart everyone's diction and compare it to a list of things dishonest people say as compiled by a bunch of American cops (Driver was ATF, McClish was (maybe still is?) a US Marshal, both polled their colleagues for additional tells) and observe how that diction changes over time. Hence, posting all of my notes at this phase of the game would skew the results since the scum would know exactly what to stop doing long before any reliable results could be obtained.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:50 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Yes, I am Susan.

Dunno what this Driver method is hoping to achieve in this text-based game, feels catching someone out in this is like the difference between live chess and correspondence chess in terms of effectiveness.

I'd love to post more, but rather a busy weekend. I've almost put it behind me, but I need some time to put together the sort of post I want to next. I am following along though.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Ya know, if someone has a personal method they're not willing to give a full introduction to, that's cool, it's just useless to the rest of us. Not much point discussing it probs.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:30 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Yeah, although it could be regarded as "I am trying to appear scumhunting while i'm not" I do agree it would be silly to tell scum how to not get caught by it, so I guess I'll give that a rest.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Post by Belisarius »

I'm confident that it will show value by D3 that wouldn't have been present if it wasn't introduced D1. What each of you needs to decide is if you want to find out in-game, or afterwards when the Dead QT is posted. I will keep the experiment running alive or dead.
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

UNVOTE: stryker

bored with this vote and nothing coming from it.

VOTE: smudger

Extreeeme gut.
TMTOLBTWNTOF
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:49 pm

Post by TMTOLBTWNTOF »

In post 201, Smudger wrote:
Pecan
, leans town with me. IMO an ability to be active and present a good argument within the discussion gives a town read first and foremost. This is further augmented by the ability to focus primarily on the content of questions and not the negativity, thus able to give balanced responses.
Troubles
leaning town for the same reasons as stated for Pecan but not as strong as Pecan.[/quote]
I'm not sure of this, but are all of those inherently town? Because it seems to me scum could do the same things.
Xdaamno
slight scum read, but based on lack of content than much else.
LaL?
Freedom
Scum leaning here also, and this is due to post content, there is actually not a lot of hunting going on, some agreement to others comments, some other unrelated BS regarding an Avi but not much else. So in this respect maybe I do agree with Janine.

Deckard
leaning very slight scum as I am interested to understand how contradiction is not a scummy trait as IMO, it is, but only if reasonable and acceptable explanation can be given to explain it. But repeated and consistent contradiction is a sign of lying is it not?
This is not a defense of any kind, but I believe Deckard and I picked the same number, so do you believe that him and I picked the same numbers?
i-i
TMTOLBTWNTOF
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
TMTOLBTWNTOF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by TMTOLBTWNTOF »

In post 218, Sakura Hana wrote:Yeah, although it could be regarded as "I am trying to appear scumhunting while i'm not".
It seems like a lot of effort to fake scumhunting.
In post 194, Belisarius wrote:
In post 191, TMTOLBTWNTOF wrote:One problem with your post, Beli, is nowhere in the post do you explain what a driver tell is, and what tells you claim to have found.
Actually I did, at the beginning where I explained what the Driver method is. This gives you enough information to google Janine Driver, learn about the method, and draw your own conclusions,
[/quote]

Missed that. Sorry, I was focusing on your reads.
i-i
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:13 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

Wait what, so Smudger finds me null because of lack of content yet finds Xdaamo scummy for the same reason?
VOTE: Smudger
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:37 pm

Post by Smudger »

Sakura, I do qualify why there is a difference and I actually quote the post that makes me lean more towards Xdaamo as scum that you. Yes you have both been as active as each other in the number of posts. but content wise you do not stand out for me as much as Xdaamo.

Return to “Completed Open Games”