No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:30 am

Post by No Idea »

Kerpulnk wrote:I would like to vote for No Idea at this point, but I think that would be a little dangerous. I'm not that sure of my case.
Will you please be kind enough to explain why do you want to vote for me?
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:41 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Sorry.

Because if I don't think that Isaac is scum, then two of you three has to be.

MeMe was part of the blackhawk-wagon, could be a gambit, but I don't think so. And then between Gammie and you, I think I choose you. You were the last to vote for blackhawk, a I-am-voting-scum-so-I-can't-be-scum-kinda-vote. You are the first to vote for someone this day, which is quite dangerous except if you're scum yourself. I know that someone has to be the first to vote, still this stands out to me. And it's also a hunch. They are not the best reasons to vote for someone, but I just don't think Isaac is scum, so I have to look for others.

Well, this is all fruitless. Isaac gets lynched anyway, I'm afraid.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:51 am

Post by MeMe »

Isaac only has one vote -- it's not a foregone conclusion he's going to die, Kerplunk.

But even with what you "know," I think it's most likely to be Isaac & No Idea OR Isaac & Gammie...if I discount all you've said as scum circles, it's got to be Isaac & Kerplunk. Common denominator is Isaac -- add that to the fact that everybody's posted sensibly today
except
Isaac, who has made a lame excuse for his vote on Fletcher (even as he claimed he would have voted him even if he hadn't made those mistakes), accused me of leaving out information when questioning him, and still claimed to not understand bloojay's death.

Anything I'm missing before I vote him?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:25 am

Post by Kerplunk »

This I find so weird. No Idea votes for Isaac (the first one that day), and then 6 posts after that, Isaac and Gammie make an argument what could be a set-up, but I don't think it is. So, if Isaac is mafia, then he could only be mafia with MeMe. And that I also don't believe. So in my opinion, Isaac can't be scum because he has no-one to be scum with. That's my last thing I'm going to say about it.

MeMe, please think it all over before cast your vote on him. But I guess you have already.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:45 am

Post by MeMe »

Definitely interesting. Though it's not really an attack that precludes a connection between them...it almost sounds like NI
wants
Isaac to talk himself out of the vote. And, of course, Isaac still could be mafia with you, Kerplunk.

This does, however, make it obvious that a complete end-to-end read-through with magnifying glass in hand is necessary. I'll be looking for who makes the more likely couple...Gammie & No Idea? or Isaac and pick a person?
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:16 am

Post by Gammie »

Thank you for pointing that out MeMe.

I was home sick on my comp and thought he was suspicious. I thought at the time I had something - obviously didn't.

Now I guess you understand why I was re-reading the thread so many times at the beginning of the game and was very confused.

I still think the most likely scenario is Isaac and Kerplunk, but that's simply my opinion. I will re-read again tonight after dinner...
[size=75][b][color=gray]You miss 100% of the shots you├óÔé¼Ôäóll never take ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Wayne Gretzky
I├óÔé¼Ôäóm not dumb enough to be a goalie ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Brad Hull[/color][/b][/size]
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:00 pm

Post by Isaac »

Question:

Why am I alive?

The mafia only needs one innocent vote in order to lynch a townie today. With that, the remaining mafia can cast their two votes and end the game. No Idea has voted for me. Logically, therefore, either No Idea or myself am scum, as the mafia does not have the one townie vote they need to end the game. Now, I know i'm not scum, but i'll bet ya dollars to doughnuts either the mafia didn't figure out what I just told y'all (not likely) or No Idea is scum.

[/b]
No Idea
No Idea
Goon
No Idea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:27 pm

Post by No Idea »

That's right, Isaac - You're still alive. Which makes me even more certain that you're scum. Like you said, unless the mafia is really stupid, one of us has to be mafia. I know I'm innocent, so it has to be you.

I still don't really understand the accusations against me, maybe because none of them makes sense.

Kerpulnk's logic is bad, even if he is innocent. He assumes that Gammie can't be scum with Isaac, which is completely possible. Like I said before, even MeMe may be scum with Isaac. It seems like he's trying really hard to find reasons not to suspect Isaac.

As for my lynching vote on Blackhawk, I don't know what to say. I cast the lynching vote on someone who looked suspicious and he turned out to be scum. If that makes you suspect me something's seriously wrong with you.

My vote for Isaac today - Well, like I said, I think that Isaac is scum and I can't think of anything he might say that'll make me think otherwise. Thus, I couldn't see a reason not to vote for him. Kerpulnk said it himself - someone has to cast the first vote.

Kerpulnk's "hunch" - I've got a hunch that his hunch isn't a real hunch. It's more likely to be an excuse to voting for me.

Wacky's suspicions day three - Invisible typo's are suspicious indeed. :roll: If anyone has any idea what was he talking about I'll be very glad to hear it.

My day one vote for MeMe - That vote was based on stupid logic, I understand that now. It seemed logical then. If you want to lynch me for being new and not knowing things you do go ahead.

Then there's Isaac. I think you all know the list of the suspicious things he's done. Who's more suspicious?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:54 am

Post by MeMe »

Alright – I’ve gone insane and looked at every single post while charting voting patterns – here…take a look at day one.

Voting Patterns Throughout the Game
(voter in bold; number in parentheses is the current vote count on the votee). I’ve also included blackhawk’s votes for scum activity reference.

Day 1
– 11 alive, 6 votes needed

blackhawk
random votes The Mystery Celly (1)…
MeMe
random votes blackhawk (1)…
MeMe
votes bloojay (1) for his “random” third vote on blackhawk…
Isaac
votes bloojay (2) for the blackhawk vote…
No Idea
votes MeMe (1) because I was still alive…
Kerplunk
votes bloojay (3) for the blackhawk vote and because “bloojay is more suspicious than blackhawk”…
Gammie
votes No Idea (1) for his vote on me…but immediately changes his vote to bloojay (4) in a double post…
blackhawk
unvotes Celly (0)…
MeMe
unvotes bloojay (3) because of his townie with flavor claim, votes Carmine (1) for a wishy-washy post…
Isaac
unvotes bloojay (2), votes No Idea (2) for his “not revenge” (when NI’s post clearly said it
was
for revenge) vote on me and because NI said “perhaps the mafia is trying to get you [MeMe] lynched” to which Isaac said “where’s this mafia bandwagon he’s referring to?”
??what bandwagon did NI mention??
No Idea
unvotes MeMe (0)…
Gammie
unvotes bloojay (1), votes
Carmine
(3) for non-flavor claim…
MeMe
unvotes Carmine (2) votes blackhawk (3) in agreement with Celly’s assertion that bh seemed to be reaching for townie role information…
Gammie
unvotes Carmine (1)…
Kerplunk
unvotes bloojay (0) because “he doesn’t seem to be suspicious anymore…?”…
Kerplunk
votes blackhawk (5)…
blackhawk
votes MeMe (1)…
No Idea
votes blackhawk (6).

Yeah, I’m not going to post the rest of the results because it just gets ridiculous. I’ll just summarize…

blackhawk had voted for:
  • Day 1: The Mystery Celly (1), MeMe (1)
Gammie has voted for:
  • Day 1: No Idea (1), bloojay (4), Carmine (3)
  • Day 2: Carmine (2)
  • Day 3: Isaac (2)
Isaac has voted for:
  • Day 1: bloojay (2); No Idea (2)
  • Day 2: Carmine (5)
  • Day 3: Fletcher (4)
Kerplunk has voted for:
  • Day 1: bloojay (3); blackhawk (5)
  • Day 2: Carmine (1)
  • Day 3: Fletcher (2)
MeMe has voted for:
  • Day 1: blackhawk (1); bloojay (1); Carmine (1); blackhawk (3);
  • Day 2: Fletcher (1); Carmine (4)
  • Day 3: Fletcher (1)
No Idea has voted for:
  • Day 1: MeMe (1); blackhawk (6)
  • Day 2: Carmine (3)
  • Day 3: Isaac (1)
  • Day 4: Isaac (1)
It’s still Isaac, Isaac, Isaac. He continually misreads (twists) others’ words and never places a first vote or comes up with a reason for voting that someone else hasn’t already posted. He’s the only one among us who hasn't had the guts to place the first vote on anyone - proving he's been a follower this whole game. It's quite obvious to me that this has been a deliberate choice so that he could blame the leader(s) for lynches in which he was involved. And he could be partners with
any
one
of us – Kerplunk has never voted for him…I have never voted for him…both Gammie and No Idea voted him only briefly (and without pushing him close to a lynch) Day 3…and
he
has never voted any of
us
. It’s just too weird! Just too careful!

And I can’t help but find his posts today extremely suspect – he doesn’t seem particularly interested in doing any detective work and really trying to figure out who might actually be mafia based on the entire game. His posts today have been about himself and what has happened today. Why? Because when you’re scum, poring over the thread is an unnecessary waste of time.

vote: Isaac
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:08 am

Post by Gammie »

I couldn't agree more...

By what Isaac said about one more vote needed on him - Does that mean that MeMe's vote lynches or do we need another?

Vote count please if that didn't lynch
[size=75][b][color=gray]You miss 100% of the shots you├óÔé¼Ôäóll never take ├óÔé¼ÔÇ£ Wayne Gretzky
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:20 am

Post by MeMe »

Huh? Isaac has two out of three votes. If you agree, why on earth would you not just vote?

I can't help but wonder about this dragging of feet on Gammie's part...and the fact that we didn't get comments "after dinner" last night.

unvote: Isaac

So I can look at this more closely.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:25 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Now, I'm totally lost here. If Isaac isn't scum, then Gammie also isn't scum, . So MeMe and No Idea are. Argh...

Too... sleepy... to... think... this... over...
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:26 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Vote Count:

Isaac: 1
(No Idea)

Not Voting: Gammie, Isaac, Kerplunk, MeMe

With 5 alive it's 3 to lynch.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:34 am

Post by MeMe »

Four possibilities
  • Gammie and Isaac are both innocent
    - but Gammie claims to believe Isaac is scum, so he's not holding off on the vote to preserve Isaac's life.
  • Gammie is innocent and Isaac is scum
    - see comment above
  • Gammie and Isaac are both scum
    - which could explain the feet-dragging...maybe he's just hoping for some confusion...risky, though.
  • Gammie is scum and Isaac is innocent
    - this one makes no sense whatsoever because there'd be no reason for Gammie to delay his vote. This one just doesn't work.
re
vote Isaac
Gammie
Gammie
Townie
Gammie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:03 pm

Post by Gammie »

I did re-read after dinner. It took me about 2 hours in all. By that time I had to go to bed. It's lovely living with parents :roll:

Vote: Isaac

I just wanted a vote count, and I've stayed on since that post to see if I would get one
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:31 pm

Post by Isaac »

Scum wins!

My money's still on MeMe and (especially) No Idea being the scum in the town, but I can't be sure. After all, I was wrong about pretty much everything else in this game. :D
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:43 pm

Post by MeMe »

I'm a little tired of being maligned like this, Isaac. Put your money wherever you like...you're dead and good riddance.

:twisted: (yay!)
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:38 pm

Post by Isaac »

I
knew
it! I was pretty suspicious of MeMe from the dawn of day three, but i didn't dare say anything cause I figured doing so would only result in my own lynching and help her position. Curses!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:44 pm

Post by MeMe »

Out of game comment --

Come play with us on BSW right now, Isaac!
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:33 pm

Post by Isaac »

I would like to point out:

this is the second game
in a row
that i've played where MeMe, being scum, lasts to the end of the game despite the fact that people repeatedly point out that the scum should have lynched her already. Next game (which some of us will probably be in all together) let's cut our losses and just lynch MeMe first. :D
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:50 pm

Post by Talitha »

Hear hear! :D
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:22 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

I suppose I should make it official. Isaac was innocent. That means that the mafia would outnumber the town day 5, and the game is over. The mafia were, in fact, MeMe and No Idea. Congratulations on your win. Full revelation forthcoming.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:46 pm

Post by PolarBoy »

Full Revelation:

Roles

Meme, No Idea, and Blackhawk:

MeMe, No Idea, and blackhawk, You have been bestowed with the honor of playing as the mafia. Your foreperson is MeMe, she will send me your night choice. Commence.

Isaac

Townie

Talitha

You are a townsperson with no night abilities.

Wacky

You are Sean Connery(Town).

Gammie

You are the village idiot[Town]. Being as stupid as you are, you have no night abilities.

Kerplunk

Townsperson

The Mystery Celly

You are the Serial Killer...Just kidding, you work for the town.

bloojay

As you return home for the night, all you can think about is the announcement made in the town today. Ten long years you've waited to get revenge for what they've done to you. The mafia is going to pay dearly for the loved ones they've taken from you.

Carmine and Fletcher

Plain Townie

PMs I received:

To: PolarBoy
Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:54 pm
Subject: Re: Mini #76 Role
um sorry this is my first game....does that mean im a vigilante or just your normal, unremarkable townie?

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:46 am
Subject: random thoughts
For the record, I do find MeMe and No Idea a bit strange and something makes me think they could be scum.. just can't think of any real evidence though

Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 4:03 am
Subject: Random prediction(s)
1. I get killed tonight
2. MeMe and No Idea are mafia
3. Mafia win tomorrow.

Wacky

Wacky has scary good instincts.

When I ran this game on another board the guy that got the "village idiot" role asked if he had to role play it.

Good show. I was still guessing about what would happen right up to the very end.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:35 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Very
well played, both MeMe and No Idea.

BTW, If the game wasn't over when I would log in: I would've voted for Isaac. That unvote of yours, MeMe, really let me believe you were innocent when I thought things over last night.

Bah!

*goes off murmuring "told you so" to no-one in particular*
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:18 am

Post by Dasquian »

That was really painful to watch, I was certain MeMe was scum throughout... as Carmine's friend IRL I knew she was a townie and was taking an interest in this game from outside. After MeMe's performance in JereIC's game where she played exactly the same way and was scum, the way she railroaded blackhawk for a feeble reason (seriously, I'm amazed no-one picked up on how reasonable Carmine's case was and the convenience of killing TMC and then
not
MeMe), and then the way she turned on Carmine and Kerplunk I was sure someone would call her out :)

Good job!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”