Micro 381 - 999 Mafia (Nonary Game Complete)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1712 (isolation #200) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:36 am

Post by Akane Kurashiki »

I told the mod a while ago I was thinking of replacing out but if I did I'd want to find my own replacement because he's had to deal with enough of them already and also because the game is really fucking long and I don't think anyone is going to even want to replace in at this point. I don't want an empty slot that has to be modkilled.

Also the replacement queue moderator told me it was okay for me to request for myself as a player, checked with him shortly after I said ^ to the mod.
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (isolation #201) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Sooooo... hey reck.

What was your read on Pie this game?
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2290 (isolation #202) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:02 pm

PS: Image
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (isolation #203) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:21 pm

In post 2283, Parama wrote:
Akane was probably the best player in the game

PPS: Aww, thanks. Gamma did very, very well, though. That game almost certainly would have ended differently had he not replaced in (especially since I could technically win with scum but not town, so once it was clear there was no scumkill there was really no reason to scumhunt except to look good).

Also I really wanted you to be town to the point that I was willing to buddy you and pretty much never try to genuinely read you ever. Just too much fun to play with, and I really enjoyed the bad MS paint/photoshop shenanigans. Bins was fun in her own way and I'm sad she turned out to be a cheater.

Also also, this game pretty much confirms that I'm never going to play a normal-length forum mafia game ever again. It's far too slow-paced, and I have a bad habit of putting too much effort in and letting it stress me out. Plus I neglect my other hobbies and ... in short, I just don't feel like I get out of it what I put into it. I was already thinking about replacing out before the reckrage debacle and that just ended up being what pushed me over the edge. The capslock rage right before I replaced out gave me an anxiety attack and at that point I just needed to get away from the toxicity, one way or another.

Thank you to CDB for replacing in. I think he did a pretty good job with the slot, especially given how much bullshit he had to sift through. The lynch at the end sucks but considering the circumstances I'm not sure anything really could have prevented it.
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (isolation #204) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:50 pm

I could probably handle a marathon or marathon-ish game, yeah. I've also thought about modding (or trying to get someone to mod) games that are for very active players, something like 3 day Days and 24 hr Nights, but I'm not sure the community here has enough interest. In my eyes it would be the best of both worlds, though. A pace more similar to face-to-face but the ability to go back and re-read when necessary.

Grib, you are a pretty good player, especially given your join date. If I ever give long-form mafia games another try, I hope to play with you again.
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2299 (isolation #205) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:00 pm

What? You didn't die, you lurked until you got replaced. I'm not even sure I'd consider you a player in this game. You made what, 5 posts in a game that was already at ~25 pages at the end of D1?
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2303 (isolation #206) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Okay yeah, listen to ^ this guy, he's less harsh than I am <_<

Not knowing what's going on in a game is fine, but in a forum game you have to at least put in effort even if that's coming out and admitting you can't read anyone for shit. Bins clearly didn't have a clue all game but I'd still classify her as having tried.

...Man, I'm really bummed about Bins being cheating and getting banned. I liked her. This response to this post still makes me laugh every time I see it.
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2306 (isolation #207) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:22 pm

I'd appreciate that, thanks.
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2307 (isolation #208) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:24 pm

BTW, did anyone ever actually think I was Gamma, before he joined? Was that a serious thing?
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2311 (isolation #209) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:55 pm

In post 2309, xRECKONERx wrote:Akane idk why you took shit so personally but sorry I guess

that's okay

no more free hot pockets for youuuuu~
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2314 (isolation #210) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:01 pm

Parama's paraphrasal of it was beautiful, though. I think it was in the N2 QT?

I at least sympathize with reck that his role was kinda bullshit. It either shouldn't have been called friendly neighbor or we shouldn't have had to deal with the "message" bullshit.
secret
alt
goldfish
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2319 (isolation #211) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:26 pm

+1 on that, that was hilarious.