Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 184, vonflare wrote:trolling, probobly, but if he keeps it up it could be seen as active lurking.

This part of the read heavily implies that you're reading him as town. Why do you have him as a scum read?

In post 184, vonflare wrote:But that one post seemed pretty pro-town, advocating using votes.

I disagree. The only thing that's pro-town at this juncture is analysis and pressuring while posting "hey guys we should all vote because it worked in the past!" is very decidedly null.

In post 184, vonflare wrote:most of his posts are 3-5 words.

So?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 184, vonflare wrote:trolling, probobly, but if he keeps it up it could be seen as active lurking.

This part of the read heavily implies that you're reading him as town. Why do you have him as a scum read?

In post 184, vonflare wrote:But that one post seemed pretty pro-town, advocating using votes.

I disagree. The only thing that's pro-town at this juncture is analysis and pressuring while posting "hey guys we should all vote because it worked in the past!" is very decidedly null.

So?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:40 am

Post by West9 »

In post 196, vonflare wrote:it felt like we were discussing it at the time that i posted.

So, you weren't ninjad. Why did you say you were ninjad?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:43 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 201, Nachomamma8 wrote:

So?

1) im saying that it's too soon to tell whether it is trolling or lurking. probobly trolling. I'm saying he
might
be a scumread

2) well, no one else made that case. i felt that it was slightly more town than scum.

3) well, its not much to go on but not contributing while posting a lot is generally considered scummy.

remember
, these are just
pregame reads
, and I do not gaurentee their accuraccy.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:43 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 202, West9 wrote:
In post 196, vonflare wrote:it felt like we were discussing it at the time that i posted.

it was a big storm of posting when the game began, i was ninjad with every post at that point.

its not like im lying about being ninjad... what could i gain from that?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:43 am

Post by vonflare »

it was a big storm of posting when the game began, i was ninjad with every post at that point.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 203, vonflare wrote:I'm saying he might be a scumread

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to mean.

In post 203, vonflare wrote:3) well, its not much to go on but not contributing while posting a lot is generally considered scummy.

why? if flubbernugget made all the posts he had in this game and condensed them all into one post, would he be less scummy?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 205, vonflare wrote:its not like im lying about being ninjad... what could i gain from that?

You're offering a possible explanation for behavior that's causing a player to scumread you, which is a situation with clear motive to lie.
It's sort of difficult to believe that you got ninja'd for 20 minutes in a row :/

West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:49 am

Post by West9 »

vonflare wrote:

That post just read to me as an earlygame attempt to look useful while not being at all useful, and your justification for it doesn't persuade me otherwise. Same with this worthless readlist.

VOTE: Vonflare
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:50 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 206, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 203, vonflare wrote:I'm saying he might be a scumread

I'm not really sure what this is supposed to mean.

In post 203, vonflare wrote:3) well, its not much to go on but not contributing while posting a lot is generally considered scummy.

why? if flubbernugget made all the posts he had in this game and condensed them all into one post, would he be less scummy?

1) i mean i need more information to form an accurate read on him. he is lean-scum, but these reads are far from solid.

2) no. you are misrepresenting me. I'm saying that out of all of his posts he has contributed interesting facts about the effects of intoxication on tweets, the expected lack of quality in his posting, and how tth should post more often.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:51 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 208, West9 wrote:
vonflare wrote:

That post just read to me as an earlygame attempt to look useful while not being at all useful, and your justification for it doesn't persuade me otherwise. Same with this worthless readlist.

the readlist, admittedly, is not much. but the game just begain, i have not much to go on.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 198, pablito wrote:I propose that Nacho as the gunbearer (and subsequent ones that want to follow this tactic) make a short-list prior to shooting the gun and forcing everyone to comment on the shortlist to ensure that we have information before a shot is made. The voting as it is can only guarantee that votes (if even done at all) are on the spread, rather than commenting on the specific action by the gunbearer. That's what I remember from Kingmaker.

I'm planning on releasing a series of short lists as suspicions solidify, although I'm probably going to take more of a pressuring/questioning role early on so that people's thoughts solidify organically as opposed to following my confirmed town lead. I think your referendum idea is a good one; it has more depth than I thought it might, and I think that the most important thing to keep in mind with this setup is that activity flags hard when gunbearer ignores the opinions of the players surrounding them. As a result, I wouldn't mind taking point on making sure this system gets implemented by composing summarizing people's major suspicions as I pick up on them.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 210, vonflare wrote:the readlist, admittedly, is not much. but the game just begain, i have not much to go on.

What are the reads you care about?

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:56 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 212, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 210, vonflare wrote:the readlist, admittedly, is not much. but the game just begain, i have not much to go on.

What are the reads you care about?

The strongest read I have is my scumread on lucky because of his excusing himself from useful for the game.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

And that's the only read you care about (aka don't see it changing in the near future)?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 198, pablito wrote:Then doing a re-read and voting for someone who mentioned about the game tactic and not fully understanding it.

What game tactic are you referring to that dcl didn't fully understand?

I would've suspected that wanderer-nl would have picked up on more in a re-read than a retread of what others are doing.

Did someone else attack dcl for similar reasons?

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:01 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 214, Nachomamma8 wrote:And that's the only read you care about (aka don't see it changing in the near future)?

well, id like to change it. if lucky posts some good stuff and helps us find scum, ill be happy to put a townread on him.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:05 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

UNVOTE:

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:05 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why did you make a complete reads list if lucky was your only good read?

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:06 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 209, vonflare wrote:

2) no. you are misrepresenting me. I'm saying that out of all of his posts he has contributed interesting facts about the effects of intoxication on tweets, the expected lack of quality in his posting, and how tth should post more often.

So you're scum reading me for a post that I've already stated shouldn't be in the game and because you don't understand what an implication is?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:08 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 218, Nachomamma8 wrote:Why did you make a complete reads list if lucky was your only good read?

i felt it would be a good template for me to modify as the game goes on.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:08 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 219, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 209, vonflare wrote:

So you're scum reading me for a post that I've already stated shouldn't be in the game and because you don't understand what an implication is?

what? im sorry, im not scumreading you.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:09 am

Post by vonflare »

that readslist is not seriously indicating any solid reads. It is just my pregame readslist, and was created for the purpose of modification.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:10 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 220, vonflare wrote:
In post 218, Nachomamma8 wrote:Why did you make a complete reads list if lucky was your only good read?

i felt it would be a good template for me to modify as the game goes on.

i'm afraid i don't really know what you mean by this

Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 5:19 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

In post 181, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 178, Wanderer-nl wrote:'Whoever else' includes dcl (129) so this just feels awkward to me.

It is hypocritical, yes. But I have trouble viewing it as scummy: I think that dcl, regardless of her alignment, would be aware that she made the "shoot me" play not even two pages ago, and that as scum, she would be less likely to use that as her reasoning for her primary suspicion. Am I approaching this wrong?

In post 178, Wanderer-nl wrote:Also, if she really thinks there's scum in the people calling to shoot them, then why not check back to see who exactly it were instead of writing 'whoever else'?

This sort of laziness seems null to me.

I already said it wasn't a solid case. I didn't really see anything that caught my attention besides lycky, but he was addressed for that already so I went with dcl. My vote was to stir up reactions, not a definite scumread. It's funny Vonflare is townreading me for it. Guess I did get something out of my vote.

@Pablito: I think goons would encourage vengeful to be shot because it kills town in the process. So there won't be as much resistance to a vengeful being shot than if a plain goon was in danger of being shot. Honestly, I don't really know, it also depends on how scum intend to play this game. Without them having a NK, it will be harder to sort things out.

Looks like Vonflare is already under a lot of scrutiny and right now I don't have anything to add. One question: what is 'being ninjad'?

PEdit: Vonflare is looking very defensive to me. Town should always stay open to changing their reads when new info appears. His seems overly defensive and frustrated and is like an excuse for suddenly changing his reads. Because in he tells Flubber he doesn't have a scumread on him, but in his readslist he does.. Yeah, he can be shot.

Return to “Completed Open Games”