Newbie 1677 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:16 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Wow I got a +1 from an IC
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Zaicon »

Vote Count 1.7

hawkleader3 (2):
tojam2, PhantomCobalt
tojam2 (2):
hawkleader3, jachawk
PhantomCobalt (1):
mykonian

No Vote (4):
Lia, MochaMan, Natsu, Ruku

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Thursday, January 21, at 8:00 AM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-01-21 08:00:00).
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:41 am

Post by tojam2 »

Ok, I still have no idea where this is going, I can't get any more reads on people and we need to acheive a lynch to get this game going.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:20 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

I'm happy with a MochaMan lynch.

VOTE: mochaman
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Lia »

I'd still prefer to lynch hawkleader but if that isn't coming off then I wouldn't object to lynching jachawk, Natsu or Mocha.

Natsu's post adds to my scum lean on him. And why an intent to vote rather than an actual vote?

As he's no longer at L-1

Vote: hawkleader
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

VOTE: Mochaman

because it seems like out of my two scum reads, Mochaman could be the one closest to being lynched today because the only two votes on tojam2 are me and jachawk who I don't think has participated in a while. Maybe he has no profile picture and I'm confusing his posts with tojam2s. I have no clue.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:40 am

Post by MochaMan »

@HawkLeader
In post 185, MochaMan wrote:
In post 179, MochaMan wrote: How did I turn you into 'easy lynch bait'?
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:49 am

Post by MochaMan »

As for now I'll throw my vote on whoever I think is scummiest
VOTE: tojam2
I didn't like his reasoning for voting hawkleader nor his claim.
I'm only going to vote between the two(hawkleader3 and tojam2). Giving the mafia 2 claims for the night would be very dangerous. But I've never witnessed it myself, so I can only speculate.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:08 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 207, MochaMan wrote:As for now I'll throw my vote on whoever I think is scummiest
VOTE: tojam2
I didn't like his reasoning for voting hawkleader nor his claim.
I'm only going to vote between the two(hawkleader3 and tojam2). Giving the mafia 2 claims for the night would be very dangerous. But I've never witnessed it myself, so I can only speculate.

That was the worst sheep on a counter wagon I've ever seen
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:54 am

Post by mykonian »

I am not going to lynch a newbie on one wishy washy post, esspecially since I otherwise didn't have problems with him. I may be wrong about PC although he's not really helping himself. Lets see the best in a human being there.

What I am geniunly bothered with is the eventi/lia slot. I already posted how I didn't like eventi's last post, where he proddodges and points to someone who should be replaced. That wasn't great.

In post 204, Lia wrote:I'd still prefer to lynch hawkleader but if that isn't coming off then I wouldn't object to lynching jachawk, Natsu or Mocha.

Natsu's post adds to my scum lean on him. And why an intent to vote rather than an actual vote?

As he's no longer at L-1

But this vote, I really dislike. Hawk claimed in between him being on l-1, him no longer being on l-1, and this. It was an event, but Lia doesn't mention it, just coasts on her earlier suspicion and the fact that there is a wagon. That is way too easy.

vote lia
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:35 am

Post by jachawk »

Mochaman never really struck me as scummy till now

In post 193, MochaMan wrote:UNVOTE: I don't even know what's happening in this game anymore.

In post 199, mykonian wrote:Given that I'm IC I should probably expand on that post. That post by mochaman is very scummy, although the tell as I learned it was mostly effective in face to face/chat mafia. The town takes a turn or is a bit unpredictable and the scum loses track of where the game is going, but do feel the need to show that they are active. In face to face/chat it's easier to see when someone needs time to think the possibilities/threats through (which is more a thing for scum) so they get in the awkward position where they feel the need to post soon to not seem to be lurking, and otoh don't really want to say something stupid.

And that's the issue with that post really. Town wouldn't mind saying something stupid, because how stupid could it be to have a scumread on someone and say that people should be voting that. Given that Mochaman otherwise here hasn't struck me as the intimidated newbie, which could be another reason someone makes a post like that, I think that's a decent reason to put mocha on ones scumlist.

I think mykonian's post tries a bit too hard to find scum intent in what mochaman said, I am not convinced that mochaman is the right person to lynch.

On the other hand,
In post 204, Lia wrote:I'd still prefer to lynch hawkleader but if that isn't coming off then I wouldn't object to lynching jachawk, Natsu or Mocha.

As he's no longer at L-1

The post suggests an intent to lynch one of 4 people (including myself), but does not provide much reasoning. It appears that the intention is to lynch somebody rather than an effort to lynch scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Lia
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:21 am

Post by tojam2 »

MochaMan 2: PC, hawkleader3
hawkleader3 1: Lia
Lia 3: jachawk, mykonian, Me
Me 1: MochaMan
No Vote 2: Natsu, Ruku

Stats^^

Vote intentions are fairly normal Lia.
And you haven't justified you vote, so for now...

Vote:Lia
Lia
Lia
Goon
Lia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by Lia »

In post 209, mykonian wrote:

As he's no longer at L-1

But this vote, I really dislike. Hawk claimed in between him being on l-1, him no longer being on l-1, and this. It was an event, but Lia doesn't mention it, just coasts on her earlier suspicion and the fact that there is a wagon. That is way too easy.

The first line of my post was a direct response to hawkleader's claim so I don't see how you can say I ignored it. I said in that I'd be voting hawkleader if he wasn't already at L-2 but to consider my vote there, so I was theoretically already on the wagon.

In post 210, jachawk wrote:The post suggests an intent to lynch one of 4 people (including myself), but does not provide much reasoning. It appears that the intention is to lynch somebody rather than an effort to lynch scum.

The reasoning for all but Mocha was in my earlier posts. The intention is to lynch my top scumread. However, deadline is approaching so we need to work towards the best lynch we can agree on rather than miss the lynch by not consolidating votes. We do still have a couple of days though so I'm sticking to my vote for the moment.

In post 211, tojam2 wrote:Vote intentions are fairly normal Lia.
And you haven't justified you vote, so for now...

Vote intentions tend to be used only when there's some reason for not voting (e.g. risk of hammer).
The justification for my vote is in which I presume you've read? What's your opinion on my reasons?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:38 am

Post by mykonian »

no sorry, I don't get that post. I don't see a first line talking about hawkleaders claim. The fact that you wanted to vote him in your first post of the game really doesn't matter given that something did change after that.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:09 am

Post by MochaMan »

@mod, can we get a prod on Ruku and Natsu?
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:32 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

I get a "I know that whoever I vote will be town" vote from Lia.

We need more activity here.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:32 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

whoops vibe from Lia*
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:39 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

I've been liking Mocha as town. I think scum would make use of the little activity but it seems like he wants to contribute. Fortunately, my vote has forced him out of his shell a bit imo.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:39 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

intent to hammer
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:50 am

Post by jachawk »

In post 212, Lia wrote:

In post 210, jachawk wrote:The post suggests an intent to lynch one of 4 people (including myself), but does not provide much reasoning. It appears that the intention is to lynch somebody rather than an effort to lynch scum.

The reasoning for all but Mocha was in my earlier posts. The intention is to lynch my top scumread. However, deadline is approaching so we need to work towards the best lynch we can agree on rather than miss the lynch by not consolidating votes. We do still have a couple of days though so I'm sticking to my vote for the moment.

It appears that you are referring to your initial posts to justify your choice. This kind of ignores all the discussion that has occurred after your initial post, suggesting that you had pre-decided whom to lynch right from the moment you joined the game.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:10 am

Post by tojam2 »

Friendship Chains:
PC - MochaMan - mykonian
Me - Natsu
Lia
Ruku - hawkleader3
jachawk

If anyone wishes to expand on these links, go for it.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:45 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 220, tojam2 wrote:Friendship Chains:
PC - MochaMan - mykonian
Me - Natsu
Lia
Ruku - hawkleader3
jachawk

If anyone wishes to expand on these links, go for it.

Friendship chains? What are thoseeee
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:01 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 219, jachawk wrote:
In post 212, Lia wrote:

It appears that you are referring to your initial posts to justify your choice. This kind of ignores all the discussion that has occurred after your initial post, suggesting that you had pre-decided whom to lynch right from the moment you joined the game.
You have reiterated that Lia knows who is town and who isn't.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Natsu »

Sorry for being away, been a bit busy. I think I'm finally going to vote for PC and leave it there throughout the deadline. He acts like he knows exactly who the mafia is, which doesn't seem common to me for a town to know this on Day 1. I tried looking at his other games but it appears that they are all ongoing.

VOTE: PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:30 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 223, Natsu wrote:Sorry for being away, been a bit busy. I think I'm finally going to vote for PC and leave it there throughout the deadline. He acts like he knows exactly who the mafia is, which doesn't seem common to me for a town to know this on Day 1. I tried looking at his other games but it appears that they are all ongoing.

VOTE: PhantomCobalt

Could you point out what parts of my posts show "I know who the mafia is"
Speed don't lie.
CC

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”