Micro 652 - Double Day Unlimited (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 198, Flubbernugget wrote:How else do you get someone to post more?
Asking them a question as opposed to inviting other people to attack their actions for you?
In post 199, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 197, Thor665 wrote:
In post 195, Flubbernugget wrote:I could keep citing these growing pains but this is the basic idea throughout
You have successfully shown that evidence supports the idea he is probably a newbie.
I fail to see the alignment presumption that follows.
I fail to see your presumption the same way.
Since I'm not trying to argue that the slot is newb, it doesn't really matter.
You are trying to argue the slot is town - what part about asking questions about general gameplay speaks to alignment?
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:54 am

Post by qubixes »

@Thor:
In post 162, Thor665 wrote:On Page 3 -
Nmego vibes very scum to me.
Did you find particular posts by nmego that gave you scum vibes?

What do you think of my (short) analysis of nmego in ? I'll add that there does seem to be a change in attitude after getting (kind of?) called out by ecane in . All in all, I'm not seeing the obv-town, but I'm not really leaning scum on him either.
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:57 am

Post by qubixes »

@ecane: Why do you think my vote was terrible?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Lowell »

I'm back, anything good happening?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:15 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 201, qubixes wrote:@Thor:

What do you think of my (short) analysis of nmego in ? I'll add that there does seem to be a change in attitude after getting (kind of?) called out by ecane in . All in all, I'm not seeing the obv-town, but I'm not really leaning scum on him either.
For Nmego it is pretty much a body of work opinion. As noted in my earlier discussion about him - I find his posting pretty empty.
I think you finding his sudden eagerness to leap onto the Creature wagon to not be a particularly brilliant example to hold up as townish. Even if I presume he's town, he looks just eager to make any wagon happen in that post. If I presume he's scum he's opportunistic, and playing a protective game on himself. Neither is a particularly good look, and the scum one at least presumes he cares, so feels more likely in a vacuum.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:16 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 203, Lowell wrote:I'm back, anything good happening?
We're lynching N_M and Flubber.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Lowell »

Flubber, sure. N_M, no.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why do you townread N_M? The difference in play isn't brilliant, but this feels like his more lurky scum play than his slightly less lurky town play.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:25 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Votecount 1.1.05

Lowell (3) - Flubbernugget, Not_Mafia, ecane
Flubbernugget (3) - Not_Mafia, Thor665, Creature
Not_Mafia (3) - Flubbernugget, nmego12345, Thor665
malpascp (2) - Lowell, Not_Mafia
qubixes (2) - Lowell, ecane
Creature (2) - Lowell, nmego12345
Thor665 (2) - Lowell, Not_Mafia
nmego12345 (1) - Not_Mafia
ecane (1) - Lowell

Not Voting (2) - malpascp, qubixes

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-25 15:59:37)
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:34 am

Post by qubixes »

In post 204, Thor665 wrote: For Nmego it is pretty much a body of work opinion. As noted in my earlier discussion about him - I find his posting pretty empty.
I think you finding his sudden eagerness to leap onto the Creature wagon to not be a particularly brilliant example to hold up as townish. Even if I presume he's town, he looks just eager to make any wagon happen in that post. If I presume he's scum he's opportunistic, and playing a protective game on himself. Neither is a particularly good look, and the scum one at least presumes he cares, so feels more likely in a vacuum.
I'm interested to hear nmego explain his reasoning, but if he's town, I'm assuming he feels strongly about the read, not just to make any wagon happen. How did you get that impression from the post?

He wasn't really in any kind of danger imo, at least superficially speaking from the way others seemed to read him. So he would have to realize that his non-committal style was going to be a danger to him. He might have for sure (that's why I added the ecane comment, because it reads as a hint in that direction), but given his newer player status this is at least somewhat less likely. Why do you think it could be opportunistic? Given the state of the game it's hard to imagine creature getting lynched over that, though to be fair newbie scum might not realize that.

I do agree with his posting being empty, and on the safe side for the most part. I could see newbie town doing that as well though.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 209, qubixes wrote:I'm interested to hear nmego explain his reasoning, but if he's town, I'm assuming he feels strongly about the read, not just to make any wagon happen. How did you get that impression from the post?
Because it came out of nowhere and doesn't particularly jive with all his handwringing about L-2 and L-1.
In post 209, qubixes wrote:Why do you think it could be opportunistic? Given the state of the game it's hard to imagine creature getting lynched over that, though to be fair newbie scum might not realize that.

I do agree with his posting being empty, and on the safe side for the most part. I could see newbie town doing that as well though.
Oh, look, you built a fence so I can already point to the two separate fields.
You appear to utterly agree with what I'm seeing insomuch as it exists.
What are you even asking me about?
The strength of the read?
I'm not voting him and don't have him listed as my top two scum. At taht stage,w ith you able to see and understand that his actions can look like scum actions, and actually arguing my stance for me even when asking me about it, and aware that he's not my top scumread - where is this going and what are you doing?
qubixes
qubixes
Goon
qubixes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:15 am

Post by qubixes »

I'm trying to get a better read on nmego, so I'm trying to bounce off my ideas about the slot to you. I have a town read on your slot. Understanding your thought process could also help solidify (or not) both my reads (though most importantly nmego's). Anyway, if we agree, then yes it is kind of pointless.

I don't have anything to add to the accusations towards flubbernugget (i.e. I agree). I have no read on N_M, because of the lack of posts.
ecane
ecane
Townie
ecane
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:09 am

Post by ecane »

In post 202, qubixes wrote:@ecane: Why do you think my vote was terrible?
You made regards towards Creature's PoE just when he voted you, which just seemed too defensive to me. And voting for him because he didn't do that in 2 other games you chose to look at just seemed silly.

@Creature, Thor
Have you both played with Flubber before? You mentioned he's pretending to be solving the game. Are there any other games that made you think that, or are there any concrete examples here?
I don't see him as particulary townie, but not scummy either.

@Lowell, why haven't you answered my question yet?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 212, ecane wrote:@Creature, Thor
Have you both played with Flubber before? You mentioned he's pretending to be solving the game. Are there any other games that made you think that, or are there any concrete examples here?
I don't see him as particulary townie, but not scummy either.
I have played with him at least once prior to this game.
I would say the evidence is easily present in this game, and when I made the statement it was entirely based on this game.
As an easy example - read his first 10 or so posts in the game, and note that he isn't really applying much pressure, isn't offering opinions, and the most focused attack he has is basically asking other people to attack someone for something he doesn't even find scummy but agrees with.
I would happily argue that the first real genuine idea expressed clearly that is unquestioningly scumhunting doesn't come in until 27 posts in. Giving him something like a 25/1 ratio of empty posting to posts that look like scumhunting.

Do you think he looks like he's solving anything?
If so - what?
If not - why ask this?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 200, Thor665 wrote:Since I'm not trying to argue that the slot is newb, it doesn't really matter.
You are trying to argue the slot is town - what part about asking questions about general gameplay speaks to alignment?
You're trying to argue the slot is scum

It does matter
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 201, qubixes wrote:Did you find particular posts by nmego that gave you scum vibes?
This should be good
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 204, Thor665 wrote:
In post 201, qubixes wrote:@Thor:

For Nmego it is pretty much a body of work opinion. As noted in my earlier discussion about him - I find his posting pretty empty.
Yep it was good

Half the game is at L2 and only one player looks like opportunistic scum for it?

NM Ecane and Lowell look a LOT more opportunistic than that
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 206, Lowell wrote:Flubber, sure. N_M, no.
I will die of laughter if you're both scum
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 213, Thor665 wrote:the most focused attack he has is basically asking other people to attack someone for something he doesn't even find scummy but agrees with.
This is objectively wrong

And if you're saying attack with implications of scumread we're on further pages than I thought
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 214, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 200, Thor665 wrote:Since I'm not trying to argue that the slot is newb, it doesn't really matter.
You're trying to argue the slot is scum

It does matter
How does evidence (or lack thereof) of the slot being newb matter to me claiming the slot is town?
I also note you dodged the question for a second time.
In post 216, Flubbernugget wrote:Half the game is at L2 and only one player looks like opportunistic scum for it?
Ouch - it hurts when you cram words in my mouth like that ;)
In post 216, Flubbernugget wrote:NM Ecane and Lowell look a LOT more opportunistic than that
I agree on N_M (who I scumread more than Nmego and also agree on Lowell with some reservations depending on how he fields my question. I disagree on Ecane and would love it if you could describe the slot's opportunism to me exactly.
In post 218, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 213, Thor665 wrote:the most focused attack he has is basically asking other people to attack someone for something he doesn't even find scummy but agrees with.
This is objectively wrong
I disagree, but let's let someone who isn't you make a value call, since you actually are unlikely to be objective on the question regardless of your alignment.
In post 218, Flubbernugget wrote:And if you're saying attack with implications of scumread we're on further pages than I thought
So you attacked like that without having a scumread?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 219, Thor665 wrote:How does evidence (or lack thereof) of the slot being newb matter to me claiming the slot is town?
I also note you dodged the question for a second time.
I told you why I thought nmego was town. I then gave you examples. I brought you to water and you didn't drink. That's fine. Handwaving that by accusing me of dodging your question is dishonest and scummy.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I can't clip lines out of your wall anymore. Yay phone posts.

Ecane's looked like pushing towards an easy accidental mislynch under the guise of getting reactions. This is especially so considering there was some decent anti town behavior that sat before 26 for comment
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

You are still objectively wrong regardless of my perspective by the definition of objective. Are you really going to argue that a passing aggravation is more focused than a vote with an accusation under it?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

And yes I "attacked" your slot without scumreading it and I stand by it. When is the last time you found scum by rubbing their back and kissing them on the cheek?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 12, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: not mafia

L2
In post 15, Flubbernugget wrote:
Not_Mafia wrote:What's wrong with what I'm doing?
The best way to hide as scum is to townhunt
And this is because you're extremely predictable so I know you're going to look at 222 and think "well Flubber didn't cite it so he must be bullshitting"

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”