Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 183, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Ok makes sense. It's early, so this was basically my way of directing a question to Carcalilly while we are still in LIVS. LAMIST means look at me I'm so town. Her comment about worrying about Hectic pointing out breadcrumbs in response to what I thought was a pretty obvious joke came across to me as her trying to score easy townpoints. That's why I asked if it was a joke. And I didn't read it as a joke initially, which is why I directed the vote there.

And as for my comments that I can't read Hectic and Hopkirk, I mean that. The jokey posts come across as though they're not game solving, but they're legit nai, so sorting them is tough. Yet for some reason I decided to torture myself by replacing into this game.
Could I ask what LIV means please? I don't see it anywhere in the wiki.
If you believe the jokey posts are NAI, can't you just disregard them?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Hectic »

Woah, I am on a roll of PageTops here. I think I read on the wiki somewhere that consistent PageToppers are 11% more likely to be town.
This statistic is incorrect however, since I am a Survivor this game. Silly wiki.
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 198, YOUAREGREAT wrote:showing my inexperience here, but what the hell is a green pm?
Just a flowery way to say town lol
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
YOUAREGREAT
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
YOUAREGREAT
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:54 am

Post by YOUAREGREAT »

i take it back. hectic is probably lying about being a survivor for reactions but he's still probably town
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:56 am

Post by profii »

In post 197, Carcalilly wrote:profii
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 201, Hectic wrote:Woah, I am on a roll of PageTops here. I think I read on the wiki somewhere that consistent PageToppers are 11% more likely to be town.
This statistic is incorrect however, since I am a Survivor this game. Silly wiki.
What I think you may find interesting is that there was this old statistic/graphic that "scum tend to post less" in general, so the likelyhood of pagetopping is less.

I've been wrecked by exceptions before, so it doesn't really help you in my book. Everyone's got an equal chance of being scum here. Except maybe gamma.
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 203, YOUAREGREAT wrote:i take it back. hectic is probably lying about being a survivor for reactions but he's still probably town
"Miller survivor" is not often normal game material.
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:58 am

Post by profii »

In post 200, Hectic wrote:
In post 183, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Ok makes sense. It's early, so this was basically my way of directing a question to Carcalilly while we are still in LIVS. LAMIST means look at me I'm so town. Her comment about worrying about Hectic pointing out breadcrumbs in response to what I thought was a pretty obvious joke came across to me as her trying to score easy townpoints. That's why I asked if it was a joke. And I didn't read it as a joke initially, which is why I directed the vote there.

And as for my comments that I can't read Hectic and Hopkirk, I mean that. The jokey posts come across as though they're not game solving, but they're legit nai, so sorting them is tough. Yet for some reason I decided to torture myself by replacing into this game.
Could I ask what LIV means please? I don't see it anywhere in the wiki.
If you believe the jokey posts are NAI, can't you just disregard them?
Some people (myself included) believe the RVS stage is never truly random and you always pick someone for some reason, so it's a "low information vote stage"

I think it's a minority opinion
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 204, profii wrote:
Carcalilly
what's shakin', bacon?
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:59 am

Post by Carcalilly »

that's a new development.

RVS is just a moment where you can pick on your townie familiars before y'all double down.
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:00 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 205, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 201, Hectic wrote:Woah, I am on a roll of PageTops here. I think I read on the wiki somewhere that consistent PageToppers are 11% more likely to be town.
What I think you may find interesting is that there was this old statistic/graphic that "scum tend to post less" in general, so the likelyhood of pagetopping is less.

I've been wrecked by exceptions before, so it doesn't really help you in my book. Everyone's got an equal chance of being scum here. Except maybe gamma.
I was reading through Mastin's Insane Tells in the wiki and apparently a lot of these statistics and guides become obsolete once people actually start reading them and playing against the tells.

What's your history with
Omega Ruby
Gamma Emerald?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:02 am

Post by profii »

In post 208, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 204, profii wrote:
Carcalilly
what's shakin', bacon?
Just trying to find my feet in this game - not played too much mafia for a while and dont get involved in too many games with so many players but I thought this game had a cool player list in the queue

Liking that things are nice and active so just trying to post and see what people wanna talk about you know

But anyway

What's happenin' cracklin'?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Huh, thought I had the right number there. Sorry about that. I hope this makes up for it.

"If Profii claimed Vanilla Townie when I was mafia I'd concede. If Profii claimed Cop then I'd jump into my bunker and wouldn't resurface for fourty years."

"I once had a dream where Profii was on a different team to me, then I woke up and realized my win rate had been cut in half."

"If the mafia don't kill Profii night one we might as well concede. He'd be confirmed as mafia, but even though it's happened a dozen times so far he's still convinced me it'd be better to selfvote every time!

"It's a good thing nobody else understands how Profii solves games so easily or the fundamental principles of mafia would collapse."

"Whenever I mod a game I could just put Profii in charge of modkills. The way he plays it's never changed the result."

"Honestly Profii shutting his eyes and flinging darts at the playerlist is actually still the best scumhunting technique I've ever seen."

"I always selfvote in lylo if Profii is there. It's more likely that I misread my role pm than that he's mafia."]

"I'd love to wear Profii's skin but I'd just feel so guilty about halving town win rates like that."

"I only beat Profii in a game of mafia and... hey stop laughing."

"I always tell my partners not to kill Profii night one. Obviously everyone wants to kill that kind of play and it takes a while to convince them that no matter what the mod tries they just can't stop Profii reviving three days later."
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 207, profii wrote:Some people (myself included) believe the RVS stage is never truly random and you always pick someone for some reason, so it's a "low information vote stage"

Hmm, there's probably a statistic for scum being more/less likely to pick their buddies during RVS, but I couldn't find anything like that on the wiki unfortunately.
We could start gaining info for that now if you like? What alignment are you and was your RVS your scum buddy?
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:04 am

Post by profii »

In post 212, Hopkirk wrote:"I always tell my partners not to kill Profii night one. Obviously everyone wants to kill that kind of play and it takes a while to convince them that no matter what the mod tries they just can't stop Profii reviving three days later
I replaced into a slot where that happened once :lol:
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 210, Hectic wrote:

I was reading through Mastin's Insane Tells in the wiki and apparently a lot of these statistics and guides become obsolete once people actually start reading them and playing against the tells.

What's your history with
Omega Ruby
Gamma Emerald?
Some people are God meta manipulators and following what you know can be a weakness for them to exploit. They take no prisoners.

I have a little bit of history. He's just town.
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Rick Dalton »

If this were the case, I wouldn’t have rolled scum 10 times this year already.
This right here’s my stunt double, Cliff Booth

Town: 1 w, 0 L
Scum: 2 w, 0 L
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 215, Carcalilly wrote:Some people are God meta manipulators and following what you know can be a weakness for them to exploit. They take no prisoners.

Oh no. This makes me want to OMGUS you because the wiki is all I have to aid my scumhunting this game. I'll just hope there's no wolfgods in this game then.

I'll take your word for it.

HEAL: Gamma Emerald
Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:10 am

Post by Rick Dalton »

In post 215, Carcalilly wrote:

What's your history with
Omega Ruby
Gamma Emerald?
Some people are God meta manipulators and following what you know can be a weakness for them to exploit. They take no prisoners.

Like who

profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:10 am

Post by profii »

In post 213, Hectic wrote:
In post 207, profii wrote:Some people (myself included) believe the RVS stage is never truly random and you always pick someone for some reason, so it's a "low information vote stage"

Hmm, there's probably a statistic for scum being more/less likely to pick their buddies during RVS, but I couldn't find anything like that on the wiki unfortunately.
We could start gaining info for that now if you like? What alignment are you and was your RVS your scum buddy?
I actually picked kop because he totally duped me in a past game once ha ha

I am town of course
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 217, Hectic wrote:
In post 215, Carcalilly wrote:Some people are God meta manipulators and following what you know can be a weakness for them to exploit. They take no prisoners.

Oh no. This makes me want to OMGUS you because the wiki is all I have to aid my scumhunting this game. I'll just hope there's no wolfgods in this game then.

I'll take your word for it.

HEAL: Gamma Emerald
I promise you will not regret your decision!
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Carcalilly
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Carcalilly
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Carcalilly »

In post 218, Rick Dalton wrote:
In post 215, Carcalilly wrote:

What's your history with
Omega Ruby
Gamma Emerald?

Like who
Did you miss the part where I was drop dead terrified of you
"don't be carcasilly" -
RadiantCowbells
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Hectic »

So I'm still reading through Mastin's Guide for Scumhunting, and Rick's behaviour this game fits perfectly into "riding the wave" scum archetype she describes.

VOTE: Rick Dalton
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:16 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 170, Hectic wrote:Could I see you playing at your best please? What's your page 6 gamesolve?
Ah, there's the rub. My best play is usually in a couple days.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Rick Dalton
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Rick Dalton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Rick Dalton »

In post 222, Hectic wrote:So I'm still reading through Mastin's Guide for Scumhunting, and Rick's behaviour this game fits perfectly into "riding the wave" scum archetype she describes.

VOTE: Rick Dalton
Mastina’s one of the people who’ve misread me in the majority of games I’ve played against her.

She scum read me in most of my town games, and then town read me as VI town when I was scum bussing a buddy whom she also thought of as town.

Hello, I’m Rick Dalton. The best TV baddie cowboy in the biz.

I’m the antithesis of the normal mafia philosophy and bring results. This town ain’t big enough for the two of us.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”