Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Oh never mind, I reread what you said after, what you're claiming is not that you weren't asserting your level of skill but that the skill you're asserting is just "not a complete dufus" rather than "so fucking good"

I don't really think that makes it any better, to be honest.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 194, Hiraki wrote:
In post 148, Dannflor wrote:Right now, I think he's reached a point where he initially latched on to something to scum read, realized it wasn't as damning as he initially thought it was, but now doesn't know how to back down from that without looking more scummy. It's possible that comes from awkward/stubborn town, particularly one that has a philosophy of not interacting with scum reads?? But with #98 I rather doubt it.
he's literally saying that i thought i, as scum, could pull of a lynch on page 5 based off of a page 2 reads post that excludes 90% of the playerlist - why on earth would i take that argument seriously? it's probably one of the worst things i've read on this site lol. who in their right minds thinks that post is damning? because i called melanque scum 4 times based off of it? really? page 5? scum 4 times without providing any reasoning? hard push? no one else wants to call it like it is?

i will gladly be the D1 lynch if this is the type of logic i'm gonna be encountering in this game after our first little kerfuffle into mod intervention. thought i was in an open, not a newbie
this is not what I was saying but go off i guess
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 198, teacher wrote:And I wouldn’t think (and doubt anyone did) that anyone “could pull off” an exile/elimination that early, so I read his post as saying you were being blendy not actually solved.
blendy?
In post 198, teacher wrote:And how did you miss that, since Mena explained part and I explained the other prior to your own post about it?
i didn't miss it, it didn't matter. how many fucking times am i going to have to repeat myself this game? it's page 9 ffs
In post 198, teacher wrote:There’s no way Mena was going to be exiled this early D1 and everyone knows that so I don’t think he was saying solved.
that is LITERALLY what he is implying
In post 148, Dannflor wrote:Right now, I think he's reached a point where he initially latched on to something to scum read, realized it wasn't as damning as he initially thought it was, but now doesn't know how to back down from that without looking more scummy.
this LITERALLY SAYS that i am THROWING A HAIL MARY
In post 148, Dannflor wrote:realized it wasn't as damning as he initially thought it was
HAIL MARY - BRINGING IT TO THE END GOAL - DAMNING AS HE INITIALLY THOUGHT IT WAS
In post 200, Umlaut wrote:Oh never mind, I reread what you said after, what you're claiming is not that you weren't asserting your level of skill but that the skill you're asserting is just "not a complete dufus" rather than "so fucking good"

I don't really think that makes it any better, to be honest.
I am at least glad that you understand it. Don't care what you think about it.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In the scenario you are scum, scum generally have to fake scum reads (this is a little different cuz multiball but it still applies to some extent). I think you thought that Menalque's initial reads list was scummy, and used that as a basis for a strong scum read on him. No where did I say you were gonna try to pull off a lynch based off that or whatever it is you're trying to think I'm saying. I'm just saying I think you latched onto that scum read and then didn't back down for ??? some reason.

You're saying it wasn't a hard scum read now, is that the case?

I assumed it was a strong scum read because you called Menalque scum multiple times and then ignored him/refused to engage him on it. It seemed to me like you'd decided he was scum and that's why you didn't want to engage him on your read with him.

Maybe I'm misreading the situation, but I also think you misread my post. What exactly is your read on Menalque right now and why?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 202, Hiraki wrote:this LITERALLY SAYS that i am THROWING A HAIL MARY
that's not what literally means and no that's not my intent :P
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 203, Dannflor wrote:You're saying it wasn't a hard scum read now, is that the case?
you are a fucking comedian
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Dannflor »

is that a yes or no

I just want to know what your reads are man
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 202, Hiraki wrote:HAIL MARY - BRINGING IT TO THE END GOAL - DAMNING AS HE INITIALLY THOUGHT IT WAS
this does not mean I thought you were trying to push through an exile on menalque

this means I thought you had a scum read that you no longer believed in, but weren't backing down because reasons

That might be wrong!

But I don't understand currently what your position on Menalque is or why
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 202, Hiraki wrote:blendy?
Trying to blend in: appearing to have/need reads and hunting.
In post 202, Hiraki wrote:that is LITERALLY what he is implying
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. An implication cannot be literal.

Not really getting into the rest because there’s no value down that hole, only turtles.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Hiraki »

am i scumreading the person

- who i am voting
- who i said overreacted to what was substantially not a hard push but because i called them "scum" four times, that is a hard push

yeah, honestly, i have no clue man
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 198, teacher wrote:what do you think now
You answered the second question but not the first. This way lies value
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

i knew it was meme-y in the first place, i've already said this. please read the game.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 128, Hiraki wrote:jokes are usually funny
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 209, Hiraki wrote:am i scumreading the person

- who i am voting
- who i said overreacted to what was substantially not a hard push but because i called them "scum" four times, that is a hard push

yeah, honestly, i have no clue man
okay cool

is there more to that read?

also do you think it's possible you perceive what the definition of a hard push is differently from he?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by teacher »

Right, now why? Is it just what you see as an overreaction? Because honestly it read like you were baiting him a bit - quite Aggro/dismissive/sarcastic, so I got his reaction and thought it was proportional (even asking others to weigh in if not). Am I missing something?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 211, Hiraki wrote:i knew it was meme-y in the first place, i've already said this. please read the game.
In post 212, Hiraki wrote:
In post 128, Hiraki wrote:jokes are usually funny
See this is what I mean — it actually suggest you didn’t know it was a joke (because you didn’t find it funny - I did) and is insulting in any event.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Hiraki »

i was baiting him by calling his fake readslist bad and not a funny joke?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by teacher »

Again, you respond to 215 - the second part, but not 214 - the first part. I’d rather focus on the reason for your Mena read. If you want me to go down the other places where I think you were antagonizing him, we can do that after.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by Dannflor »

It feels like you weren't engaging him in good faith. It seemed like you didn't really want to engage him or explain yourself.
In post 121, Hiraki wrote:
In post 115, Menalque wrote:What is it in the 5 posts that I made after receiving my role PM that you believe was so strongly scum indicative?
Why do you care? You're already calling me scum, right?
In post 137, Hiraki wrote:How am I pushing hard again? Last I checked, you wanted to talk about this but I was pretty okay ignoring you. There's a word for this...let me take out my dictionary...
posts like these make it seem like you just want to ignore him when he clearly is still confused on your read, which makes it seem that you don't want to engage him

and the tone that could be construed as rude/aggressive could be perceived as baiting whether it was intentional or not. I personally understand why Menalque might have reacted the way he did
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I don't know, I feel that you've been the most aggressive player here by a long shot and I'm struggling to see why

I understand scum reads on your slot are frustrating, particular when they seem to be for bogus reasons, but I would expect town to make a better faith attempt to sort the people scum reading them
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Hiraki »

keep your votes on me, feel free to read the wiki on what a reaction test is when you get a second.

glad to know that the standard response to "your list sucks and is a bad joke" is to make up a backwards ass theory about someone replacing out and then vote the person for a hard push of that person calling you scum four times but having literally nothing behind it and even stating that there could be nothing behind that read
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 220, Hiraki wrote:then vote the person for a hard push of that person calling you scum four times but having literally nothing behind it and even stating that there could be nothing behind that read
Could you try this again. I can’t parse your narrative at all, and want to.

Also, are you now saying your forced readslist comment was a reaction test? If so, what did you hope gain/learn, since you also supposedly knew it was a joke and thus the reaction would be to say that? I just can’t wrap my head around where you are coming from
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I mean by now my read has evolved

I now think you're scum that has been "caught for the wrong reasons" and that's why you're so frustrated. Of course, a townie can get mad for getting scum read for shit reasons too, but they usually try to sort the people scum reading them as well. The aggression feels like a mask for your alignment.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Noticed you answered this:
In post 189, dramonic wrote:
In post 186, Umlaut wrote:In post 149, dramonic wrote:
ITT salt about being caught for the wrong reason.

Don't totally get this. What's the wrong reason in this case and what's wrong about it?
I mean the entirety of TH's iso has been scummy, but it's an expression, not a specific reason.
Like being a bp sk, playing a perfect game and then scum trying to shoot you and claiming it pre-lynch of their final member.

Granted we're very far from a perfect game :giggle:
I know the expression, but it's a weirdly specific thing to say if there's not
a specific reason
that you think someone was "caught" on that was wrong. Also I didn't even realize you were talking about TH here, and in that case I don't even see the salt you're talking about.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 146, TripleHaven wrote:I'm not new scum, have played 30+ games on MU (4/5 scum winrate btw... please don't ask about my town winrate) Also that stat is dumb even if I was new scum.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts

Return to “Completed Open Games”