Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1995, Infinity 324 wrote:Dunn I just have the mason claim
You keep repeating this like it has any value. There is NO MASONRY, so it's NAI at best. NDMath thinks it AI for Dunn to have announced it, but I still think it's NAI
at best

Let me explain further: Scum!me gets a Mason card (of only 2 available on the list). I claim it and see if someone else claims having the other one. If they do, I shoot them at night and claim I picked that and had a Masonry with a dead person. No biggie. Corpses can't CC.
If nobody claims it then it's safe to assume there are no Masons in this game, and that's IF I had a Mason option to begin with.

Now let's consider me taking a more dangerous route, like.. claiming I have a Mason option when in fact I don't. That is risky because if 2 others claim they have it I'm screwed. If Only one does then I know whom to shoot tonight and -same as above- except I can take the ability I want from my pack and pass it and the next person to receive it won't know the difference.

Now let's consider a THIRD option: My PARTNER had the Mason card. >I< claim it. Again, someone responds and that's the NK. Nobody does and my PARTNER takes the card (to hide it) and I take the ability I want from my package.

The difference between Scum claiming a Mason card they have in their own package and one who claims it from their partner's package is how good the other options on one's package are. I won't bother making all the -unneeded- hypothetical propositions and analyze them, but I'm sure you get the picture by now.

Let me give some extra points: I did have 2 Strongman shots in my starting package and I claimed them on D1. You'd think someone who had a 2-shot Doctor ability would want to eliminate me and pick that over Mason. Dunn passed me that ability (which -with 3 Strongman shots floating- is totally useless.)

I have more, but I think I've said enough. I don't buy the Mason claim, and if I chose to do I still think it's NAI. I dislike his "none-existence" in the game thread (I know he is usually low on activity but I also know Town!him has a higher impact on things while being of a low post count), and I dislike his choice of a "claimed Mason ability with no confirmation that another exists" over a 2-shot Doctor, and I find it odd he never voted me despite me claiming I had 2 Strongman shots.

Can you reevaluate now and tell me how you feel about Dunn?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

'nother PaGeToP! I'm HOT!! :lol:

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Wasn't the plan for someone else not to claim mason and pick the masonry?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1999, Dwlee99 wrote:House taking 1-shot hider kinda makes me think that might not be the case though, as if anything was worth night killing over it would also make sense to just take it to deny it.
The same package evidently had an Even Night Neighborizer. What if the other 3 were strong for Town and unworthy to Scum? Like.. I dunno.. N4 Tracker, N3 Watcher, N3 Follower, N4 Vig, N4 GS.. etc. (I am going by the list on the wiki. I am sure there are more options that are (a) Strong in the hands of Town, (b) semi-useless to Scum, and (c) to be used later, so not an immediate pick from T3's PoV

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2002, Infinity 324 wrote:Wasn't the plan for someone else not to claim mason and pick the masonry?
That's the plan Bingle proposed after Dunn had claimed his ability. Unless Bingle himself is also Scum there's no guarantee the Scum team thought the same as Bingle did.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I don't think dunn having a doctor and you having strongman shots would affect him wanting to vote you. Town generally wants to vote for scum, not negative utility town.

I also am not convinced that scum was confident the other mason would claim, why would they?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2002, Infinity 324 wrote:Wasn't the plan for someone else not to claim mason and pick the masonry?
And besides, this isn't the main point. Here.. let's me try again: You receive a package that contains a 2-shot Doctor and a Mason ability. Someone claims they have 2 Strongman shots (and a RB shot to top it all). Would you still go for the Mason ability or would you support the elimination of the claimed Townie and pick the 2-shot Doctor instead? Also, let's remember there was another suggestion that Dunn should pass the Mason ability to someone else. I don't remember who made that proposition so perhaps I should go back and check (iirc it was either NDMath o House, but I can't say I'm sure it was one of the two)

P-edit: Ok.. so that's your opinion here and I have nothing to add.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah, I would pick the mason in that spot.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

A rolecop could confirm Dunn's claim if I understand mason picking correctly.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 18, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 15, House wrote:
In post 13, cyrus62 wrote:Only 6 post and I already have a scum lean
Lol, you're so predictable. :lol:
not you . I'll wait to short you.
In post 31, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 24, Dwlee99 wrote:I found the answer on the link. They can pick it but mason isn't added to their role and they don't get it in the chat.
I will short house tonight .so infinity post don't help town but rather cunfuse town. Dw post help town.. Dun stating mason most likely comes from town other wise . He would be hanging him self.
Did anyone ISO Cyrus before talking about why they thought he died?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1993, Almost50 wrote:#2 Titus and Norwee should have more knowledge about it, as that pack (passed from Titus to Norwee and to Dunn tonight
What's this about my pack now? Why are we fishing for this?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2008, Dwlee99 wrote:A rolecop could confirm Dunn's claim if I understand mason picking correctly.
Yes, but I bet that claim is NAI.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 1995, Infinity 324 wrote:NDMath has had little things that I liked about his posting, like when he townread someone for using a rolecop similarly to him
Do you mean when I townread Titus for rolecopping ND or when ND said he would also have jail kept me last night in response to Dunn’s claim?

Cause afaict NDs reaction to the rolecop was being offended he didn't get towncred over it.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 2011, Titus wrote:
In post 2008, Dwlee99 wrote:A rolecop could confirm Dunn's claim if I understand mason picking correctly.
If Dunn gets rolecopped as a mason he is conftown.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2013, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 2011, Titus wrote:
If Dunn gets rolecopped as a mason he is conftown.
No. Scum can select the mason card, they just don't get PT access. See the wiki.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 27, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 22, Infinity 324 wrote:Actually, I might not be right

Murder, are scum allowed to select a mason from their pack?
In post 24, Dwlee99 wrote:I found the answer on the link. They can pick it but mason isn't added to their role and they don't get it in the chat.
This is correct
Mason isn't added to their role if they're mafia
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2012, Bingle wrote:
In post 1995, Infinity 324 wrote:NDMath has had little things that I liked about his posting, like when he townread someone for using a rolecop similarly to him
Do you mean when I townread Titus for rolecopping ND or when ND said he would also have jail kept me last night in response to Dunn’s claim?

Cause afaict NDs reaction to the rolecop was being offended he didn't get towncred over it.
The second one. I am very disengaged
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 42, Dunnstral wrote:How is that different from me taking it now and then somebody else taking it later? Doesn't that activate the masons?

I was thinking the other person doesn't even claim and I tell you guys if a mason appears so they can claim it later
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2006, Almost50 wrote:You receive a package that contains a 2-shot Doctor and a Mason ability. Someone claims they have 2 Strongman shots (and a RB shot to top it all). Would you still go for the Mason ability or would you support the elimination of the claimed Townie and pick the 2-shot Doctor instead?
I would not eliminate based off of what was claimed in the pack on day 1, and I assume most people would not as well.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2000, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1995, Infinity 324 wrote:Dunn I just have the mason claim
You keep repeating this like it has any value. There is NO MASONRY, so it's NAI at best. NDMath thinks it AI for Dunn to have announced it, but I still think it's NAI
at best

Let me explain further: Scum!me gets a Mason card (of only 2 available on the list). I claim it and see if someone else claims having the other one. If they do, I shoot them at night and claim I picked that and had a Masonry with a dead person. No biggie. Corpses can't CC.
If nobody claims it then it's safe to assume there are no Masons in this game, and that's IF I had a Mason option to begin with.

Now let's consider me taking a more dangerous route, like.. claiming I have a Mason option when in fact I don't. That is risky because if 2 others claim they have it I'm screwed. If Only one does then I know whom to shoot tonight and -same as above- except I can take the ability I want from my pack and pass it and the next person to receive it won't know the difference.

Now let's consider a THIRD option: My PARTNER had the Mason card. >I< claim it. Again, someone responds and that's the NK. Nobody does and my PARTNER takes the card (to hide it) and I take the ability I want from my package.

The difference between Scum claiming a Mason card they have in their own package and one who claims it from their partner's package is how good the other options on one's package are. I won't bother making all the -unneeded- hypothetical propositions and analyze them, but I'm sure you get the picture by now.

Let me give some extra points: I did have 2 Strongman shots in my starting package and I claimed them on D1. You'd think someone who had a 2-shot Doctor ability would want to eliminate me and pick that over Mason. Dunn passed me that ability (which -with 3 Strongman shots floating- is totally useless.)

I have more, but I think I've said enough. I don't buy the Mason claim, and if I chose to do I still think it's NAI. I dislike his "none-existence" in the game thread (I know he is usually low on activity but I also know Town!him has a higher impact on things while being of a low post count), and I dislike his choice of a "claimed Mason ability with no confirmation that another exists" over a 2-shot Doctor, and I find it odd he never voted me despite me claiming I had 2 Strongman shots.

Can you reevaluate now and tell me how you feel about Dunn?
It's not often that I agree wholeheartedly with Almost50 so I think it's DAMN important I emphasize that in this post? I am agreeing wholeheartedly with Almost50. He and I almost never see fully eye to eye so the fact that we both do on Dunn here should really say something because Almost50 is dead on the money.

Literally the
only
defense for Dunnstral boils down to,
1: "Dunnstral has low activity towngames, therefore his low activity is nai" (this is not a reason to think the slot is town!),
2: "Dunnstral claimed mason and that must magically make him town somehow" (Almost50 does a good job of deconstructing that viewpoint and dispelling the magic to show why Dunnstral's mason claim is nai-at-best)

Whereas the reasons for Dunnstral to be scum?
Actually based off of not only what he's done this game (jackshit), but also actually extensive, fairly researched, nuanced meta on him, combined with a side of POE.

Dunnstral has no real reason to be town--in a game where most slots have reasons to be town.
In post 2003, Almost50 wrote:What if the other 3 were strong for Town and unworthy to Scum? Like.. I dunno.. N4 Tracker, N3 Watcher, N3 Follower, N4 Vig, N4 GS.. etc. (I am going by the list on the wiki. I am sure there are more options that are (a) Strong in the hands of Town, (b) semi-useless to Scum, and (c) to be used later, so not an immediate pick from T3's PoV
At the risk of revealing too much, at least one of my investigatives was a role in your list above and I explicitly started with two investigatives. As NDMath got my packs, he should be able to confirm this and confirm that those investigatives were not in fact removed via nightkilling T3.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1995, Infinity 324 wrote:Norwee is scum I guess
Ok lol. Story of my life in this game.
Remind me to point and laugh at y’all once you’re done wasting time on this miselimination.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:33 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I will at least finish moving by today.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:22 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

A50 can you tell me your reasons for voting Dunn?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:44 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 2015, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 27, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 22, Infinity 324 wrote:Actually, I might not be right

Murder, are scum allowed to select a mason from their pack?
This is correct
Mason isn't added to their role if they're mafia
This is true, though it hadn’t occurred to me.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2022, Dwlee99 wrote:A50 can you tell me your reasons for voting Dunn?
Sure!
Spoiler:
READ THE BLOODY THREAD

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”