Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Mixed & RI:

when "the four of" you guys have settled on either of the slots, one could easily switch their vote to the other so we won't end up in a tie. ;)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Reasonably Irrational »

In post 671, Almost50 wrote:Re: this HUNTMASTER voting, I'd prefer every candidate to announce their intended team formation if you want my vote. I'm still behind Cerb bc he's obv.towning the most + his mechanical bla bla (whatever that is), but I don't like him taking ABR along with him. If someone else has a better formation (including themselves being obv.town) I would consider switching my vote.
In post 2145, Almost50 wrote:RI, Mixed, R&L and GW are all confirmed townies to me.

Ranger & KC are strong town leans, while H&M, D&D and Zulfy are mild town leans.

Everyone else is between null-town and a strong scum read.
In post 2149, Almost50 wrote:OK, done! *Sigh of relief*

HUNTMASTER VOTE: Mixed

vote: Bogre
Please explain the progression of your Mixed6 read.

-Cerb
A Hydra of Cerberus v666 & Elbirn
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I'm okay with Bogre being lynched.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I'm also kinda confused why any of the three hydras care about who's going to be huntsmaster?
You're all going to end up in the hunting party together regardless so why is it even relevant?
Sensei
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Sensei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Sensei »

VOTE: Bogre

Think that's L2.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

People are putting WAY too much thought into the way a Huntsman needs to be elected.

Success of a Chalice Dungeon is great and all, but Failure can also help us in some manner as well. Truth be told though, we have no idea what the Dungeons even do, the rewards they give, and the causes of success and failure. From a purely game perspective, 4 players in Pthumeru Depth 1 is overkill, and I highly doubt it fails regardless, but again, without knowing the specifics of how Chalice Dungeons work from a Mafia perspective, I don't think overthinking who goes and who's Huntsman based on leadership skills and their ability to town/scum read players should be that important.

Let's put it this way, say you are scum and in the Huntsman's party. Don't you think you would get more benefit from helping it succeed anyways since A) all players in the Hunting Party get rewards for completion, and B) it helps make you look more townie as a result as well?

Simply put, the Huntsman Mechanic is certainly not going to help us by choosing who we think is town because everyone is trying to look town, and scum probably even more so just so they can get in on the Hunt. The fact that people can self vote for Huntsman doesn't really do any favors either.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Updated Reads List:

T - Rylai and Lina, Shadow_Step, Randomidget, Almost50
L/T - Mixed6, Shinobi, Daenerys and Dragons
N/T - Ranger, Klingoncelt, Zulfy, Nahdia
N - PeregrineV, Xkyfu, Heuristic_Arrow, Hastur and Muriel
L/S - Gee Willikers, Sensei
S - Bogre, Reasonably Irrational, Liger_Zero
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Shinobi »

L-2 is fine - wait for either a replacement or a claim.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2155, Toogeloo wrote:Let's put it this way, say you are scum and in the Huntsman's party. Don't you think you would get more benefit from helping it succeed anyways since A) all players in the Hunting Party get rewards for completion, and B) it helps make you look more townie as a result as well?
This is also why I want R&L as Huntsman. They are far more transparent than most the other candidates, and I think their Hunting Party picks will also be generally good candidates that will help us figure out the Mechanic more instead of just a bunch of Alphas.
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

Will discuss something I noticed with Albert B. Rampage before we see a hammer, but I'm prepared for the flip of Bogre if he is today's lynch.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2151, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Please explain the progression of your Mixed6 read.
Not today. Just trust me on -at least- my top 4 town reads for now.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

UNVOTE:

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 2:00 pm

In post 2153, Shinobi wrote:I'm also kinda confused why any of the three hydras care about who's going to be huntsmaster?
You're all going to end up in the hunting party together regardless so why is it even relevant?
R&L isn't going to end up in my party. I *doubt* they'll end up in Mixed6's, but I could be wrong.

Toogeloo: How have they been more transparent than anyone else? I said I have a mechanical reason for it. Mixed6 just says they're the best choice for it. R&L just said "they have a plan that guarantees a town win".

-Cerb
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 2:02 pm

In post 2160, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2151, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Please explain the progression of your Mixed6 read.
Not today. Just trust me on -at least- my top 4 town reads for now.
There's a clear contradiction there. You disliked Mixed6 strongly enough to prefer R&L over me, your top townread at the time, but you forgot that they were the reason for that choice. As far as I can tell, no major statements were made about them over the intervening 1500 posts or whatever, and they have suddenly become strongly town.

There is no "not today".

A lynch isn't happening until you explain yourself.

-Cerb
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2162, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Toogeloo: How have they been more transparent than anyone else?
I'm referring to their slot being more transparent in general. Frozen wears her heart on her sleeve, making her less deceptive in general when it comes to motivations.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 2:11 pm

In post 2164, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 2162, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Toogeloo: How have they been more transparent than anyone else?
I'm referring to their slot being more transparent in general. Frozen wears her heart on her sleeve, making her less deceptive in general when it comes to motivations.

Have you ever played with scum frozen?

-Cerb
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Honestly, the Hunting Party should be such a low priority for discussion for Day 1, but it feels like everyone is trying to hunt through it more so than the lynch. Let the first Hunt Party figure out the specifics of the Hunt first, and then we can be better informed on the best way to go about electing Huntmasters and Party Members.

I'm almost inclined to say we should all just revote Kling as Huntmaster again until the specifics are revealed.

Honestly, unless RI wants to specifically out that his role somehow empowers the Hunt, then there's no reason to believe that his role is specifically Huntmaster related over anyone else. My role flavor suggests I would make an amazing Hunting Party member, but I have zero interest in campaigning for that at the moment (and I'm not concerned about sharing that info because I'm not going anywhere for at least a full cycle anyways).

PEDIT: Yes, they were scum in one game with me, and yes, I am fully aware that she is emotional regardless of alignment, but there are certain nuances that can't be faked, and thus far she hasn't tripped any suspicion and only strengthened my town read.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 2:42 pm

Umm. There's little to be informed about? I asked the moderator how the whole hunt thing functions before game start. And now you're weakening that transparency thing. What exactly is so transparent about her if she is the same way regardless of alignment.

-Cerb
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 2:53 pm

What do you think we could possibly learn beyond what's in the mechanics of the game? We know the master chooses whether to proceed or withdraw, we know the dungeon is detrimental to those who enter, we know failure has a small reward, success has a larger reward, and rhe huntmaster gets the largest reward for success, and that the boss encounters victory or failure is determined through garnering votes.

-Cerb
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

Are you suggesting that I'm not a good huntmater or a good candidate for party as I am a real manipulative scum player RI ?

really?

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

huntmaster : Mixed6

I asked more than 10 times from you to explain your read or thoughts about me and your dodging that question again and again ...

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

that was @RI

and wagur is just shit posting to get more supports on his friends which is pissing me off tbh.

I can choose a town block and I'm capable of leading one. I won't let RI to take that position over Mixed6 never.

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 3:54 pm

In post 2018, Reasonably Irrational wrote:I also had a theory that the A50/Toogeloo/Shadow_step votes represented a rebellion against the forming town bloc by those who have been excluded from it.

A50 and shadow_step both said they'd be willing to vote for one of the two of us as well, but for some reason they ended up voting for R&L and propping that particular wagon up to compete with ours, rather than propelling anyone into a clear lead.

It's something I'd do super deliberately to see how people reacted, but I somehow doubt that's why they did it.

A50: Why did you vote R&L over me again, for huntmaster?

R&L: Anything less than an incredibly strong town read I will not be voting for as huntmaster. You're null, and that's because I'm rebelling against a desire to scum read you solely because of the composition of your support(as GW just mentioned). You're quite far from town. What makes you think I town read you? What have you EVER done in this game that I've expressed approval of or agreement with?

-Cerb

pedit: But, I agree with it? Obviously he implied a greater degree of certainty than you can have, but he said the same thing i've been saying, only in absolute terms.
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 3:57 pm

In post 2169, Rylai and Lina wrote:Are you suggesting that I'm not a good huntmater or a good candidate for party as I am a real manipulative scum player RI ?

really?

~Rylai
You're a bad huntmaster because I don't trust your able to select town for your party, and I don't have any reason to think you're town.
In post 2170, Rylai and Lina wrote:
huntmaster : Mixed6

I asked more than 10 times from you to explain your read or thoughts about me and your dodging that question again and again ...

~Rylai
What else do you want me to say beyond what I said in the bolded part of that quote?

-Cerb
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Tue May 31, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Several enemies in Bloodborne react uniquely to fire.
The three most effective uses I've found are;
1. The monsters in Old Yharnam cower in front of a flame.
2. The nightmare beasts that explode into centipede monsters will not do so if you defeat them with fire.
3. Beasts typically take much more damage from fire. Molotovs are always worth carrying around.
Last edited by Varsoon on Tue May 31, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”