Mini 44, Trouble In the Toybox, Game Over!

PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:16 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Hey, there's finally enough stuff here to warrant a vote count. Yay!

mathcam-3
(
Wacky, Kerplunk, MeMe
)
Wacky-1
(
mathcam
)
mlaker-1
(
Fletcher
)

Not voted yet: JereIC, mikehart, mlaker, 5 to throw in the furnace.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 12:25 pm

Post by mikehart »

vote: mlaker

just cause
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:00 pm

Post by Wacky »

mlaker? Almost forgot about him cos he's dead in quantum. I was listing people I suspected of being mafia (both happened to begin with M), hence MeMe wasn't listed. She was why I voted for cam in the first place. I suspected that she might be cop and trying to kill off cam without revealing herself. Probably untrue. No point in voting MeMe with the whole confirmed innocent thing. Maybe ask me about the MeMe-Wacky connection. I seem to agree with everything she says, don't I? Doesn't it seem suspicious?

And my name begins with W, not M - I am not going to bandwagon myself. In retrospect mlaker was called suspicious at one point but he wasn't bandwagoned before - "1 vote isn't a bandwagon" or something was said.

It looks like everyones going to jump on this supposed wacky-mlaker connection, so I may as well start typing now.

I think we should outline the evidence against everyone whose names begin with M or W at some point. I'm not at home right now and the connection is sooo slow - so I'll just start with Mikehart.

1. Lack of posting. a vote and "just cause" doesn't give much to analyse. He could be hiding cos he's scum. Or just lazy or something.

2. General evasivenes - just a feeling. Maybe just due to lack of capitalization in the last post.

I seem to remember mlaker either lurking or posting something very suspicious that went over my head at that point cos I thought it was a mistake. I don't have any new suspicious material, so I may as well maintain this position, consistency. Just my views. Consistency is important. Changing my vote at this point has no real overall effect. 3 votes -2votes. Cam seems a lot less suspicious than me about now. I could vote for mlaker if you think it'll make me look less scummy?

Unvote: mathcam (cos apparently my guess about MeMe being cop and inspected Cam and found to be scum isn't true) Vote: DP
Is he even in the game?
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:09 pm

Post by MeMe »

Wacky wrote:
Vote: DP
Is he even in the game?
Nope.

Post above: "I agree with MeMe because I think she's a cop! She thinks I'm suspicious so she can't be a cop! Now I'll disagree with her because I was wrong about the cop thing!"

Or something.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:09 pm

Post by mlaker »

I think I've not done anything to be suspicious about and I feel suspicion toward Fletcher for making a mistake in my posting into suspicion and starting a bandwagon.
FOS Fletcher

mlaker
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:39 pm

Post by Fletcher »

I didn't start a bandwagon! You have 2 votes. I mean, all you do is say "I agree" or "That sounds suspicious to me." as if to avoid suspicion.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:22 pm

Post by MeMe »

Looking at this:
Wacky wrote:I was listing people I suspected of being mafia (both happened to begin with M), hence MeMe wasn't listed. She was why I voted for cam in the first place.
and this
Kerplunk wrote:
vote: mathcam
...<middle snipped>...I don't feel right about mathcam. Also MeMe has that same feeling.
I'm beginning to feel as though I'm being prematurely set up for blame. Is it only paranoia? I don't know.

MATHCAM: I need you to help me out here. Tell me why I should stop suspecting you so I can shift my focus onto the many others in this game who look scum-scum-scummy to me!
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:23 pm

Post by Wacky »

MeMe wrote:
Wacky wrote:
Vote: DP
Is he even in the game?
Nope.

Post above: "I agree with MeMe because I think she's a cop! She thinks I'm suspicious so she can't be a cop! Now I'll disagree with her because I was wrong about the cop thing!"

Or something.
Its something. I overestimated attention spans and my ability to communicate:

1. I think we should collate all arguments against suspicious people rather than just saying they are suspicious.

2. This Wacky-mlaker connection alleged by MeMe is entirely coincidental. If it wasn't you could say there was a Wacky-MeMe connection. You can wonderall you want.

3. MeMe expressed suspicions of mathcam. Apparently by her voting for someone else now...she's still voting for mathcam, isn't she?

Whatever: just
Revote Mathcam
. I was probably less confused the first time.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:34 pm

Post by MeMe »

There is currently only one player (besides me) whom I trust in this game. I don't think I've
ever
been this confused.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:18 am

Post by mathcam »

Thus, even if you do have a gut feeling toward me, you probably have some stronger options.
Which are...?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:20 am

Post by MeMe »

Oh shit. I must've hit "edit" instead of "quote" and I just overwrote your whole post, cam.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:21 am

Post by MeMe »

And it was a really good post! Do you happen to have it still?

Oh - everyone - I'm really sorry. That's just horrible.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:26 am

Post by MeMe »

Maybe you can hit "back" a few times on your keyboard and return to where you were writing that post? That works for me sometimes! I tried it, but all I get is my edited version.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 3:37 am

Post by MeMe »

I apologize for the post string, folks. I was just banging out stuff quickly to see if Cam could retrieve it. Quick recap of what just happened:

Moderators have an "edit" button right next to the "quote" button (what a horrible place for it, I now realize). I meant to quote a small portion of his long post to ask a question about it. Instead, I hit "edit" and erased most of what he had typed. The post above which is attributed to mathcam is actually my reply to his now missing post. He said he'll re-compose it later when he's got time as it's no longer accessible by going back on his browser.

Sorry, everyone. There was absolute absence of malice in my mistake!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:00 am

Post by mathcam »

Not a problem. Here it goes again:
And my name begins with W, not M - I am not going to bandwagon myself.
I don't think anyone was suggesting you bandwagon yourself. The two in question were the other two names beginning with M, mlaker and MeMe. Maybe you got confused when you read MeMe's post?
MeMe wrote:MATHCAM: I need you to help me out here. Tell me why I should stop suspecting you so I can shift my focus onto the many others in this game who look scum-scum-scummy to me!
Fair enough. Perhaps the best and only thing going for me right now is that I've already claimed to have a very believable role: i.e. a role that if/when I have to reveal it, you will say "That makes sense. That role
has
to be in the game." This makes me less desirable to kill because you already have
some
information on me, and killing me gets rid of that information. If I am mafia, I have just weakened myself by severely restricting the possible role claims I can make later. I would have to choose a major toy, which makes it all the more likely that someone else in the game will actually have it and be able to expose my fraud. In conclusion,

1) I am town.
2) I am a good town member to have around, because I will be semi-provable as such later.
3) Even if I'm mafia, I'm the weakest mafia alive right now, as I have already trapped my future self into getting caught with a fake role claim.

I would think/hope that these combined should warrant enough of a "plus" on my behalf that would overcome any "negative" you get just from a gut feeling, though I suppose that depends largely on how strongly you feel.

Cam
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:15 am

Post by MeMe »

Obviously, if you stay alive, we'll never know whether a role claim you make is fake or not, so you've hardly painted yourself into a corner yet. No one in this game is confirmed innocent, so someone coming forward after/if you claim saying, "Cam's not Mr. Potato Head,
I
am!" just becomes a player in a their word against yours game. Alright, now that I've put that on the record...

unvote: mathcam
vote: mlaker

Yes, I know he's on vacation, but he's able to check in intermittently, at least.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:17 am

Post by mathcam »

"Cam's not Mr. Potato Head, I am!" just becomes a player in a their word against yours game.
True, but this is still pretty good unless we're down to three or four people left. Otherwise, you'll know that one of us is still lying, and if you don't pick the right one the first time, you get another chance. I'm not claiming this is rock-solid evidence that you shouldn't lynch me, just that picking a random silent one would be better.

Okay, well I'll go with the other half of the wacky/mlaker vote then, as it seems like others prefer that half.

Unvote: Wacky Vote: mlaker

Cam
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:30 am

Post by MeMe »

That's four out of five votes...let him talk before any other votes, please.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:41 am

Post by mathcam »

Oops. I should know better than to not count votes. Sorry.

Unvote: mlaker

just to be on the safe side.

Cam
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
PolarBoy

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:18 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Vote Count:

mathcam-2
(
Kerplunk, Wacky
)
mlaker-3
(
Fletcher, mikehart, MeMe
)

with 8 toys that's five to throw down the vent. JereIC, mlaker, and mathcam are currently withholding their votes.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:38 am

Post by mlaker »

Hey guys! I can safely say Fletcher started a bandwagon now. I'm just a stuffed dog.I can sniff 1 person for the entire game to find if he's guilty or not. Since Fletcher started a bandwagon with only a mistake as suspicion I am going to
Vote Fletcher

mlaker
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:40 am

Post by Fletcher »

Well who have you sniffed then?
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:40 am

Post by MeMe »

A one-time cop? Have you checked anyone yet?

And, for the record, it's not Fletcher's vote that made me vote for you -- it was your FinalFear rampage on Day One.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:49 am

Post by mlaker »

Ahh, okay then
Unvote Fletcher
I'm just assuming that was everyone elses motive. I haven't sniffed yet.

mlaker
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:50 am

Post by Fletcher »

What do you mean everyone elses motive?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”