ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Post by ConManMick »

There's a lot of investigation and counter investigation going on at the minute, though a lot of it seems like it could be noise. I'm having trouble seeing anything useful coming out of it.
I liked Song's entrance though.
Song, I don't know if you were looking for me to address your concerns or if you were just expressing suspicions, but any who:
Yes, I am new, but I'm also aware that 1 vote in RVS does not equate to someone being quick lynched. It was intendes as a joke, but it unfortunately it's one of those things where inflections makes all the difference. Like how sarcasm doesn't work in a text based medium. I should think the more relaxed reaction to further RVS votes should indicate that I wasn't legitimately worrying about being quick lynched.
I understand you guys haven't liked the quality of a number of my posts so far. There's been a lot of dicking about on my part, and frankly if I want to continue with that, I should take it to the general thread. Apologies.
With that addressed, how can I assist with the progress of this game?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sorry brain check out.
I'm back now. Trying to catch up.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:23 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

@conman who's scum
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:27 am

Post by vettrock »

I will be catching up as well....Sorry.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:31 am

Post by lane0168 »

@conman, you can assist by giving us your reads, poking holes in cases. Telling us what strikes you as odd or things you liked. Asking clarification on those odd things. Question everything. Generally, just play the game like in real life only harder
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:31 am

Post by Plotinus »

I'm going through ISOs so I can ask people questions if I have them. I've only done 4 so far but I thought maybe it would be better to post the questions I've found so far now instead of waiting until I have a question for everybody because that way lies tl;dr.

Bella, can you explain how deflecting the spotlight off of yourself in onto other people is furthing the town wincon? Because where I'm sitting on my re-read it's looking kinda like "scummy? me? i'm not scummy! he's scummy!" But I'm willing to entertain alternate explanations.

If choof's VLA then my vote's not doing much on him at the moment + I think it's served his purpose. UNVOTE: Choof

Choof, when you get back, if you dislike RVS/RQS do you have a different preferred ice breaking method?

Conman, in you said that senator could be a heretic or xenos. Can you define both of those terms for me? I'm not familiar with them. + I don't know what Sanguine Son is either. () I can't tell if these terms for player roles/factions from another site or something else. If they are, maybe you could use the wiki to help translate?

I'll probably revote when I finish reading ISOs.
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:07 am

Post by ConManMick »

Still coming up with reads guys. In the meantime, plot, I can answer your question handily enough, so I'll address that quickly. Senator made reference to the specific chapter of space marines that my avatar is from. All those terms are lore to do with the background, to put it simply. Xenos meaning alien / nonhuman, heretic going against the religion of the lore, and Sanguine Son being a reference to the Blood Angels, the chapter you play as in the game "Space Hulk" which senator mentioned.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:22 am

Post by Plotinus »

oh, okay, thanks for explaining.
Senator
Senator
Goon
Senator
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:20 am

Post by Senator »

I recommend this for a quick toe-dip into the universe. This is more about the comedy. Strong language, though it gets better as the series go on.

The playlist, if you want a complete summary of that universe.
Coulda gone pro if I hadn't joined the Navy.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:58 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 187, Bellaphant wrote:
FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 96, Flubbernugget wrote:Because I agree with you?

Stating you are willing to sheep a vote that does not even exist and also not vote really seems opportunistic. Then, couple that with:
In post 106, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 100, ConManMick wrote:OK, you want a read? I think, flubber, you're being a tad over pedantic about me not correcting a formatting error. That's a feeble line of investigation, feels like your whole line is an OMGUS vote. My vote will stay put for now.

Gimme one more scum read and ill move my vote over to plot

Why? Why would you move your vote over to plot if you get another vote but stay where you are at if you do not? Give me a town motivation for this that makes sense. O far the only player that looks to be scum is you…

Where is flubber at in the VC? His wagon is moving awfully fast...

UNVOTE:

FA, I do wanna ask you about this. Do you have any other reads? I get your later point about town wagons with no resistance, but I don't necessarily see this as a reason to town-read anyone else on that wagon.

I had to meta flub for my last game. He's ALWAYS weird about rv(q)s. Is there any other reason to think he's scum?

@ric, farside had made the fake comment after my...second(?!) post. Maybe it was the smilies. I didn't really react to it because...wut? Then my non-reaction was an issue. If you wanted something contrived...

What are you talking about? Nothing you said is connected to my post.

I didn’t town read anyone for a fast wagon- those ON the wagon are much more likely to be scum, not town. The one that is wagoned might be town. However, I realized I was incorrect about flubs wagon being fast – there was more talk than actual action (not a very town thing either really).

Further, I did not suspect him because he is being weird about rvs – that is normal though rather silly. I gave 2 reasons and none of them have anything to do with rvs.

He also totally ignored my questions. Also scummy in my book.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:00 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 197, Ricastle wrote:Didn't you
just
say Spartan was V/LA?

This is actually starting to sound bad.

Agreed.

I am beginning to think this was a straight up slip. Con is a good lynch candidate for day one IMHO. We really need to hear from Spartan.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:03 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 201, Wrong Song wrote:
In post 179, FA_Q2 wrote:What do you think of con’s excuse? Does it change your suspicions at all?

Also, the OP clearly states that the scum team had communication pre game start. This could be a newbie mistake.

Also, @Spartan, can we get a confirmation on this previous relationship that you two have.

This is what I was thinking.

VOTE: Lane

I'm liking this vote because I don't like the one post I quoted above. I'm not getting many scum feels from players, but right now Lane and ConMan are probably my scum reads.

I got a slight town lean on Bella (it's gut) and Flubber. I'm also liking RiCastle for maybe town.

I am confused . You quote me when I posted something against con and Spartan saying you agree here yet you voted for lane.

I am missing why you think lane is the likely scum and are avoiding con?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

What exactly would have made the wagon town motivated to you?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:38 am

Post by Ricastle »

In post 235, FA_Q2 wrote:Agreed.

I am beginning to think this was a straight up slip. Con is a good lynch candidate for day one IMHO. We really need to hear from Spartan.
A correction: I made a mistake with that point; Con said Spartan would be V/LA until tomorrow at the time of said statement. By the time Con made , it was the next day, so his story holds true there. That's why exists.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

lane0168 wrote:Yeah Bella is weirding me out... she's asked people for reads or who they think is scum exactly 8 times among other questions posed. Made some vague references about how something could be bad but maybe not. Voted plot cause he might be scum.

Do you have any of your own reads Bella? And what was silly about fa's vote?

I was a little put off by farside. Day 1 I'm generally a little more tentative, and I like working with as much information as possible. In terms of my own reads, I'm town-reading flub and ric, currently thinking conman and yourself could be scum. could be coaching. I'd like to read far's catch-up. Also, I mis-read the order of FA's posts and his clarification makes more sense to me.

Ricastle wrote:
In post 190, lane0168 wrote:Yeah Bella is weirding me out... she's asked people for reads or who they think is scum exactly 8 times among other questions posed.
That's bullshit. I counted around half as many instances. Six the second time, and that was being generous.

You have a point anyway, but this is blatant exaggeration to make Bella look worse.
I'm working on my town-game, I don't need help to look worse.

Wrong Song wrote:Do you seriously not see the overreaction to the post?

Look at the wording for sakes.

Page 1 quick hammer for a derp vote.

ONE VOTE ON HIM.
ONE.

Why the need to say quick hammer? He wasn't even close to being lynched. Not close to L-1. Major overreaction, majorly jumpy.

For you to say it's not im calling bullshity on that.

This makes sense to me. Even though con later says it was a joke, scum are worried about getting lynched early.
#

Flubbernugget wrote:I'd be a lot more comfortable with lane if he had a vote in play

Yup

Plotinus wrote:I'm going through ISOs so I can ask people questions if I have them. I've only done 4 so far but I thought maybe it would be better to post the questions I've found so far now instead of waiting until I have a question for everybody because that way lies tl;dr.

Bella, can you explain how deflecting the spotlight off of yourself in onto other people is furthing the town wincon? Because where I'm sitting on my re-read it's looking kinda like "scummy? me? i'm not scummy! he's scummy!" But I'm willing to entertain alternate explanations.

I understand why you could read it like that, but what I'm aiming at is...why has farside picked up on something (after 2 posts!) with my posts and not elsewhere. It says things about her read on con-man, and her interaction with him. Either Far thinks fluff-posting (or smilies, whatever :P) are a scum-tell, or she has something else going on. (Flub asked her the same question...so the motivation here isn't just deflecting attention.) Also, I like this post enough to move my vote.

FA_Q2 wrote:
What are you talking about? Nothing you said is connected to my post.

I didn’t town read anyone for a fast wagon- those ON the wagon are much more likely to be scum, not town. The one that is wagoned might be town. However, I realized I was incorrect about flubs wagon being fast – there was more talk than actual action (not a very town thing either really).

Further, I did not suspect him because he is being weird about rvs – that is normal though rather silly. I gave 2 reasons and none of them have anything to do with rvs.

He also totally ignored my questions. Also scummy in my book.

Sorry, I don't think I was clear: I understood what you said about the 'wagonee' being town, but I misunderstood what you meant about the wagon resistance: re-reading, I thought you were arguing the opposite of what you said.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ConManMick
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Welp, that's enough for me

Bella, so far you have yet to bring up something that anyone has done as being scummy or townie. this post solidifies my position.

Ric and flub are town. Why?

Me and con are scum. Why? Unless it's just the coaching thing. In that case, why him over me? from what you've given me for reads I should be your vote by far because I didn't have a vote in play.

I'm not cool with people voting without (read extremely little) reason right now, so give me more.

VOTE: bellaphant
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Sorry, before ric bites my ass lol. You said I coached, and I hadnt had a vote. one thing you brought up, one you agreed upon
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Ricastle »

Nothing to bite. I'd like to know the answers to those questions, as well.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Haha I meant cause I said she hasn't brought up anything. But she kinda has. just very little. Very, very little
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by ConManMick »

I've invited a lot of unnecessary suspicion onto myself. Perhaps I can help to dispell that. I have also learned the jokes aren't allowed in games on this website. Every person in this game, for example, who has made any sort of attempt at humour, has been scum read by some or other person. Pity, but oh well.
Moving on:
Still feel strongly that flub is scum. From his entrance onwards, he's come after me in a manner which I feel is an attempt to disguise an OMGUS vote.
In post 81, Flubbernugget wrote:Also I don't like him explaining himself so much

Stuff like this. If you address a concern to someone, standard convention dictates that they answer it. "I ask him stuff and he answers. What the hell man?" That reads as utter nonsense. Of course I'm going to explain myself. That's the point of addressing me; to hear my explanation of behaviours. This argument is foundless.

Also, re: mis formatted vote, read post zero:
Votes may be either bolded or placed in a vote tag. If I think it is a vote I will count it.

That I messed up vote tag would indicate I was trying to vote. I had no reason to assume that wouldn't be obvious.

In post 83, Flubbernugget wrote:Awesome so you're rvs'ing to fuck around and not to scumhunt by your own admission

In post 184, Flubbernugget wrote:
But being a douche makes you right so idk

You falter in your arguments so you attack your opponents. Nice. I can see the validity of your argument since you have to resort to calling your opponent a douche to maintain it.
There's also the comments about sheeping, and constant beckoning to join the wagon.

Then there's Bella. Slightest bit of scrutiny and hey look, better catch the ConMan wagon! It looks a lot like you're just deflecting people from yourself to me. I don't like that, you're my second scum read. This was noticed by one or two players, but largely ignored.

It's difficult to read people when they're mostly just agreeing with eachother. In this I'm at a disadvantage; not many people are responding to questions because things are largely directed at me. I will say I'm town-leaning a couple of people, but nothing solid enough that I'd deem it worth mentioning.
At this point, the most useful thing I think I can do is to ask you for your thoughts on this and to throw any additional questions my way. I will answer them, unless flubber objects. Probably not immediately as I intend to catch some Z's now.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

VC 1.5
(2)Flubbernugget:
ConManMick, FA_Q2
(2)lane0168:
Ricastle, Wrong Song
(2)ConManMick:
Flubbernugget, Bellaphant
(2)Bellaphant:
farside, lane
(1)Vettrock:
Papi Bear
(1)Jeanne:
Vettrock

Not Voting: Jeane11, Spartan117, mnemonicdevice, Choof, Senator, Plotinus

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-05-03 12:00:00)
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

More comfortable with lane now
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Spartan and MnemonicDevice never picked up their prods. They may continue playing if they return before a replacement is found. Also note for any future reference that I must hear a player is V/LA from that player themself and will not accept any V/LA status declared for the player by a second party.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 246, Flubbernugget wrote:More comfortable with lane now

Lol sorry. Lil drunk. But was this supposed to be a slight funny?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by Ricastle »

In post 246, Flubbernugget wrote:More comfortable with lane now
Why?

Con, do you have thoughts/reads on people in the game you aren't voting you?

Return to “Completed Open Games”