Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Okie dokes
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

At least the pool is limited!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

thing is I think Layla is just scum and I have all sorts of issues with her recent play, but after being that ridiculously wrong on mollie, I have no intention of strong-arming it by myself, rather I'm hoping {you, me, mollie, Fox} can reach a consensus of some kind.

so, if you have any form of a town read on Layla (or even just think some of her posts could be town even if it's not a full town read) I'd like if you could walk me through it.
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by Layla »

In post 2252, pieguyn wrote:thing is I think Layla is just scum
I don't believe you.
La la la
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2253, Layla wrote:I don't believe you.
is this "your read is disingenuous" or "fuck you, you're going to lose the game"?
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:52 pm

Post by Layla »

Have I ever done the latter?
La la la
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:21 am

Post by pieguyn »

for one, in my entire memory of you, I have never seen you use "she's been wrong a lot" as a reason for thinking I could be scum. usually, when I have hit the stride that I usually do when I'm town and you pick up on it and read me in the way that you did here, you recognize that I straight up cannot be scum because I can only ever play like that and get seriously emotionally invested in games in the way that I do when I'm town (except in the case of multiball, which obviously doesn't apply here). as such, if I'm severely wrong in a game, the approach you take is to still see me as town and recognize that I'm just severely wrong about my reads and troll me/discredit me/not bother dealing with my reads/the kind of thing you usually do which I can't put words to. the scum motivation here would be that you ran out of people to plausibly put as scum without being questioned about it and thus invented a reason to justify shifting me into the pool of people who you could push.

two, tonally, the entire read as a kind of paper trail post I expect scum to make (and have made as scum) when they want to look like they're running through all the possibilities and being as objective as possible about their reads. this isn't as strong of a point, but it supports the first point: I would expect that as town you wouldn't hesitate to call out "these three people are scum, I have town reads on everyone else".

add to that that even outside of my major town reads, I've seen at least some town pings from everyone else left besides you and Mala, regardless of how weak they are, and kraska's play was still really horrible (I don't care if you call it obviously town, it wasn't).
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:38 am

Post by Layla »

The thing is though when you're on the stride you're not this horribly wrong.

In case of mollie, the first thing you ever freaking do when you think someone is fakeclaiming is to see if their behavior matches the claim. Looking at that was really enough to see if Mollie was being honest about her claim. And you go standard textbook "lol scum would do this general thing" BS. I went on and pretended that I was willing to lynch mollie to show you more about how she was reacting.

I guess this is partially on me for forgetting to mention this and I mean no offense to anyone involved in this paragraph, but "sprouting BS" is what mollie tend to do regardless of her alignment. (By "sprouting BS", I mean something going wrong in the communication process and both side talking about a totally different thing due to misunderstanding). Since you're keep assuming that people would do exact same thing that you think they would do I will assume the same thing and say that since youve played with Mollie enough you acknowledge the trait.
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:40 am

Post by Layla »

And the whole kraska thing literally boils down to one sentence.

"Kraska did not meet pie's expectation of how town should act."
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:47 am

Post by Layla »

Anyway classes so later
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:51 am

Post by Layla »

Oh and just to clarify, I'm not saying that you never can be wrong.
Usually when you're like this and wrong I go "oh pie's town sheep" and then go "oh she's wrong, ah well."
When I am horrible at playing this game and even I find your whole thing disagreeing, I think that's a problem.
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Layla »

(On an unrelated note, please stop me if I try to join mafia game ever again. I REALLY need a break.)
La la la
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:03 am

Post by Skybird »

I didn't really expect to be alive today. Guess I should know better than to believe Layla/GiF. :lol:
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:04 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2257, Layla wrote:In case of mollie, the first thing you ever freaking do when you think someone is fakeclaiming is to see if their behavior matches the claim. Looking at that was really enough to see if Mollie was being honest about her claim. And you go standard textbook "lol scum would do this general thing" BS. I went on and pretended that I was willing to lynch mollie to show you more about how she was reacting.
the thing is, though, as scum in a role madness setup, figuring out what you want to claim (or at the very least thinking about and considering things that you might plausibly claim) is literally the first thing you do. I 100% knew that her play came from a position of thinking of town treestump, yeah, but I did not believe this meant that she was one; I figured that she probably came up with the idea of fake claiming it pregame and was playing in line with it the entire game.

in a conversation I had with her after FF7 I learned that she is actually one of the most genuinely suicidal scum players I have ever seen and does a bunch of crazy shit explicitly because she has no problem at all with dying as scum (or at least she told me that she wanted to die in that game and that's why she played like she did in the game, which incidentally was the whole reason I could never see her play making any sense as scum), and she played her role openly in the game thread that game all the way back from D1. I didn't, and still probably wouldn't, put it past her at all.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:06 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2258, Layla wrote:And the whole kraska thing literally boils down to one sentence.

"Kraska did not meet pie's expectation of how town should act."
it absolutely didn't, and I wrote several posts breaking down, in detail, why that wasn't the case. everyone just handwaved it and assumed it was because it didn't meet my expectation of how town should act.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:14 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2263, pieguyn wrote:in a conversation I had with her after FF7 I learned that she is actually one of the most genuinely suicidal scum players I have ever seen and does a bunch of crazy shit explicitly because she has no problem at all with dying as scum (or at least she told me that she wanted to die in that game and that's why she played like she did in the game, which incidentally was the whole reason I could never see her play making any sense as scum)
this is also why I basically straight up ignored you saying "treestump makes no sense as a scum claim since it's an obvious vig shot", btw, even outside of the fact that I don't think treestump is really that much of a vig-bait claim in the first place.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Skybird »

Layla and Pie are both town. You guys should stop going after each other and help (clueless) me find scum.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:39 am

Post by pieguyn »

GIF, can you walk me through why you have beegirl in your "very unlikely to be scum" pile? I think her play does look town to some degree* but I don't have her in my strong town block.

*to be clear for when mollie sees this, that's my read on her play, but yeah I'm still willing to discount it to follow your read if necessary.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:43 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2266, Skybird wrote:Layla and Pie are both town. You guys should stop going after each other and help (clueless) me find scum.
do you agree that {Aris, Foxbird} are both town?

if so, then from your POV, this is a basic POE. what reservations are you having about it?
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:16 am

Post by Layla »

In post 2262, Skybird wrote:I didn't really expect to be alive today. Guess I should know better than to believe Layla/GiF. :lol:
I never said anything about killing!
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Layla »

Re: treestump
Rule of thumb for fakeclaiming roles as scum in role madness.
You don't claim town-only comfirmable role. My whole point of lynchbait/vigbait was that it was easily confirmable that way.

Re: beeboy
Randomness in role hurts too much to be a scum role.
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Layla »

Rest I don't think I can cut it by phonepoosting so later.
La la la
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:34 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 2270, Layla wrote:Re: treestump
Rule of thumb for fakeclaiming roles as scum in role madness.
You don't claim town-only comfirmable role. My whole point of lynchbait/vigbait was that it was easily confirmable that way.
read the second paragraph of 2263 and 2265 again, carefully.

it becomes 1000% more possible when you're dealing with someone who legitimately does not give the slightest fuck about people deciding to kill her to "confirm" her claim.
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:41 am

Post by Layla »

But she didn't play suicidal this game, did she?
You tell me that mollie is suicidal as scum, and you tell me that you don't believe mollie's claim to shy people from lynching her. Where's the connection here?
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Layla »

You don't believe mollie's claim because claiming that as scum shys people away from lynching the claim*
La la la

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”