micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2272, skitter30 wrote:right i hated this progression and how you supported the tw wagon as it was heating up but didn't join it, but also didn't join the cw (which incidentally was on scum)
so you hate that i didnt join the counterwagon to scum
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

note that i hold my vote in fear of maj on ms
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:15 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2264, podoboq wrote:
Take your time, skitter. I’ll post some stuff later today probably, but sheep should probably get a chance to say something.
kinda ew'd by this tbh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2275, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 2272, skitter30 wrote:right i hated this progression and how you supported the tw wagon as it was heating up but didn't join it, but also didn't join the cw (which incidentally was on scum)
so you hate that i didnt join the counterwagon to scum
well more like that you shaded town!tw while his wagon went down but explicitly refrained from making a choice between scum!mastina and town!tw despite saying earlier that you'd vote mastina before you vote tw
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2276, sheepsaysmeep wrote:note that i hold my vote in fear of maj on ms
? i don't know what this means
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2277, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Take your time, skitter. I’ll post some stuff later today probably, but sheep should probably get a chance to say something.
kinda ew'd by this tbh
why? i actually liked it?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2279, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2276, sheepsaysmeep wrote:note that i hold my vote in fear of maj on ms
? i don't know what this means
im scared of voting on this site unless a votecount was just posted because i dont keep track of votes and i dont want to maj

iirc especially bothered me in this game
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2280, skitter30 wrote:
kinda ew'd by this tbh
from his pov he should know im scum if he's v? i just dont really think that makes sense as something he would say from that pov
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

maj = hammer?
have you expressed similar feelings wrt hammering in another game you've played here since you've returned?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean yeah but i still feel like even if i know/believe someone's scum they should be given the oppurtunity to defend themselves imo

i'd feel kinda bad lynching someone without giving them the chance to speak even if i knew they were scum
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:31 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2274, sheepsaysmeep wrote:apparently the role explicitly says "a guilty would not be guilty"
"A guilty is not guaranteed accurate" and "A guilty is not a guilty" are not the same thing.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:33 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2282, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 2280, skitter30 wrote:
kinda ew'd by this tbh
from his pov he should know im scum if he's v? i just dont really think that makes sense as something he would say from that pov
It's not sportsmanlike to kill somebody without letting them plead a case. Yeah, you're scum, but we don't need to be assholes to each other. We're finally down to a group that I think has the capacity to show each other respect, and I wanted this game to end on a not shitty note.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:38 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 2272, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1475, schadd_ wrote:Vote count 1.a

mastina (3): Nibbui, the worst, Mephistophanes 39
the worst (3): Pink Ball, LolWagons, skitter30
podoboq (1): mastina

not voting (2): podoboq, sheepsaysmeep
you both just abstain from the mastina wagon (both wagons actually) from here till eod; neither of you are on an eod wagon
mastina went from one vote to a hammer all during New Years Day. I didn't post at all after I went to my New Years Eve party on the 31st. I just wasn't here.

This is what sheep was doing at the end of day one:
Spoiler:
In post 1355, sheepsaysmeep wrote:[unv][/unv]

would switch to mastina but not duck

i fucking hate this but at this poitn it would be throwing to ignore that nancy is villager
In post 1356, sheepsaysmeep wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 1362, sheepsaysmeep wrote:nibbui can you talk to me about why you have podo such high v

especially since i still have some idea of recent meta
In post 1364, sheepsaysmeep wrote:tw can you link me your past w games if i didtn ask for them before and forget to read them

i think youre clear but apparently you have different site meta and can be wolfread here
In post 1365, sheepsaysmeep wrote:@nibbui im waiting for a votecount because i dont want to hammer quite yet
In post 1369, sheepsaysmeep wrote:im v reading nancy and im genuinely pissed that i am
In post 1376, sheepsaysmeep wrote:like

would you be able to go into actual more detail if you have time

because i have no idea what to think abt podo rn so i want to see what you see
In post 1488, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 1427, Nibbui wrote:I think the problem with metaing duck is that he is like

very depedent on his energy levels

but I think he has been somewhat scummy for in-game reasons and I can explain
plaese do explain

im totally not just looking for reasons to sheep nibbui rn
In post 1490, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i thought about it and... tw could be scum here idk

he's definitely not anywhere near clear by meta anymore and i barely even read those games before being like lolme
In post 1499, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i lost all of my motivation to play after nancy's posting this morning
In post 1544, sheepsaysmeep wrote:tw's tone just...

totally totally shifted after that claim

in an i-kinda-dislike way
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2287, podoboq wrote:mastina went from one vote to a hammer all during New Years Day. I didn't post at all after I went to my New Years Eve party on the 31st. I just wasn't here.
that's fair; i didn't remember that the lynch happened on new years day

and yeah i didn't like how sheep positioned himself around that lynch really (specifically , where he said he'd vote mastina but not tw, but as both became wagoned he started scumreading him)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

ok thoughts on mastina's iso next:
In post 114, mastina wrote:northsidegal
Pink Ball
Nibbui
InfiniteSoda
sheepsaysmeep
skitter30
podoboq
the worst
you're both in the nebulous 'null-scum to scumlean' region; kinda where scum likes to put their partners i find

(boy is her iso dense and hard to read)

also at some point ~n1 i noticed that she paid *a lot* of attention to the questions i was asking her and went out her way to respond to all of them
In post 872, mastina wrote:This felt worse than skitter's entrance because it was even more clinical, and yet lacked the personality justification. podoboq is not a player I'd associate with that more "constructed" style of play when town, and would be someone I'd actually describe as a northsidegal-type of inquisitive: pushing forward, but lighthearted when doing so. This just felt entirely too serious, and he felt the need to correct a typo by making a follow-through post. It showed that he was paying close enough attention to realize he made a mistake, and yet, I'm meant to believe he wasn't paying close enough attention to form any sort of RVS? That he wouldn't be around for a couple of days was no excuse; you can always remove an RVS vote when you get back if need be.
right, this entire push (+ podoboq's reaction to it iirc; need to check, will get there when i get to podoboq's iso) feels anti-partner-y
In post 882, mastina wrote:(I read sheep's posts and utterly glossed over them, unable to really process them with an alignment in mind)
this feels like the sort of thing scum say about their partners imo

and also feel anti-partner-y for podoboq; i forgot how hard she pushed it. not sure if scum deliberately bus day1 when they know they're putting a tracker/ic/bp + undetermined n2 invest into the game
In post 938, mastina wrote:I feel like having a negative read on sheep is easy if you're not informed of his alignment like it seems a certain couple of individuals are with their placements.
said to podoboq, about sheep, who she was nullreading. basically shading podoboq for townreading sheep (who she was not scumreading) by saying the only way someone could come to that conclusion if they were informed about sheep's alignment (even though iirc town!sheep was a fairly popular read day1)

also she was pushing scum!tw partnered with scum!podoboq as a cohesive unit that were scum *because they made sense with each other* and when tw flipped town she didn't reconsider podoboq; it's a very agenda-y read
In post 953, mastina wrote:Basically, what I'm saying here is: in spite of me having multiple times displayed content which podoboq has noted a distaste for, he has gone for a stance on me implying I'm town. It's cognitive dissonance.
not a partner-y read i'm pretty sure, and she elaborates on this theme for a while; i don't think scum pushes their partner for assuming that they're town
In post 1510, mastina wrote:So my current readslist would be:
Mephistophanes
Nibbui
Pink Ball

skitter

Lolwagons
sheepsaysmeep

the worst
podoboq.
this changed ... remarkabl-y little from the readslist in her entrance (i moved up a bit, the the order of the townreads may have moved around iirc)
there's still like no articulated read on sheep
In post 1684, mastina wrote:Btw, not that it'll make a difference since I expect to be lynched today, but.
VOTE: podoboq.
All the same, it's the thought that counts.
and i mentioned this a few times - this is the bit that *does* feel partner-y to me; to vote your partner when you know that you're likely to get lynched assuming it wont' get traction; it's like a classic distancing move

i really want to read mastina's analysis of my play in the scum pt lol

ok that's done
all in all i think her push on podoboq for the most part feels anti-partner-y
and she literally *never* articulated a firm read on sheep
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

Spoiler: hmmmmmm
In post 1278, Nibbui wrote:PoE
Mastina
Sheep
The worst
In post 1279, Nibbui wrote:I particularly like more the idea of lynching either Mastina or Sheep than The worst tbh
In post 1360, Nibbui wrote:Like, if not even one from [Mastina, The worst, Sheep] is scum we're probably screwed anyway
In post 1363, Nibbui wrote:Sheep comes to the thread, unvote Mephis, town lean everyone except Mastina but doesn't vote Mastina yet
In post 1373, Nibbui wrote:I just want to hope that Mastina flips red, we lynch Sheep and he flips red and I don't need to go for tw
In post 1495, Nibbui wrote:I'M NOT GOING TO BELIEVE MY EYES IF THERE IS NO SCUM IN [Mastina, The worst, Sheep]
In post 1611, Nibbui wrote:our PoE is basically [Mastina, Lolwagons, Sheep] right?

My PoE in next days is [Mastina, Sheep] and Pink Ball is the same as long as you flip green

ok i'll come back to this tonight prob

last things to do:
1. sheep's iso
2. pdoboq's iso
3. how each of them were reading me day1
4. how i was reading day1

and i think that'll be it

(sorry, not trying to drag this on forever and i know you're both waiting on me .... i just want to get it right; i'd feel kinda silly losing in lylo here if scum engineered that to happen specifically + i've been in xylo like 8 times or something and i've voted right all but once and i want to keep the streak going :) )
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by skitter30 »

podoboq's iso
In post 405, podoboq wrote:Is this a joke? Soda and I had said literally nothing of value.
right i think this reaction to mastina's readslist is anti-partner-y
In post 422, podoboq wrote:I considered replacing out after reading this. To me, this translates to "I always speak in literally the scummiest way possible, and that will never change. Either learn to play with it, or lose," and frankly I don't know that I'll be able to play with it. But I'm gonna do my best.
this too ^^^ i don't think partners really talk about repping out here in response to this

maybe a little nervous that scum!podoboq is using town!tw's reads to form his readslist? like to make a readslist that kinda gels with what townies have given? but again, i don'tt hink that scum literally copies it exactly, and more importantly, i don't think that their partner *calls them out on it*

still think - or so are super townie
especially and

and the continued discussion about mastina's read on his rvs is anti-partner-y imo
In post 894, podoboq wrote:Hey guys, real quick. Is the general consensus that mastina is incredible at this game?
In post 902, podoboq wrote:What the fuck are you guys reading? This isn't David Sedaris we're talking about. This is just an atrocious scumhunter.
In post 920, podoboq wrote:If mastina is infallible at this game, then she's just scum, and I should just vote her. If she's prone to being exceptionally wrong, then she's probably just exceptionally wrong.

this doesn't feel like it's about a partner; same with ; ; ;
honestly almost feel like you'd have repped out if you were partners with her. and/or vented/raged at her in the scum pt to get her to drop it already

denigrating mastina's day2 opener is townie
In post 1842, podoboq wrote:Oof, that's a really good catch that I didn't make. You're right. If scum GAVE the power to skitter, KNOWING skitter was going to have the ability to track, then they thought skitter was less likely to track mastina than the other scum.
i was townreading both of you day1 more than mastina

yeah i'm pretty sure it's just sheep tbh; there's a lot of things pointing away from it being podoboq

i'll skim his iso later or tomorrow just as a last check but i'll prob vote tomorrow
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1398, skitter30 wrote:i'd feel bad lynching mastina before she really played the game
still think podo is town
idk about tw
not townreading sheep as strogly but i don't like scumread him either
these were my last stated reads on day1?
why tf do they give it to me here?

unless it's like podoboq and they thought that read would last till here but like .... i don't think it is?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by skitter30 »

podoboq was townreading me fairly strongly as far as i can tell but didn't mention me for most of day1 and the read wasn't like pocket-y?

unless they thought i was *less* likely to track mastina there than {last scum?}
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

and that it was her job to keep me pocketed (she def was doing that)

and the other scum was more likely to get tracked that night?
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

meh i wouldnt whine if we lost and would take blame but lol if it's for some lazy ate distancing
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

those podo posts you find villagery while yelling at nibbui are like

so wolfily aggressive mh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

like based on those reads they thought i was *less*likely to track mastina than {sheep/podoboq}?

?????

i'm still so confused why they thought giving it to me was a good idea

although now that i think about it ... most townies reads that day were kinda tricky to negotiate around?
tw had mastina as scum
nibbui was screaming sheep/mastina
meph was just meph ... and i think too unpredictable for mastina to plan around
slaxx i'm pretty sure was scumreading mastina? iirc? also he feels pretty strong town; not sure if they wanted to deal with conf!town!him
pink ball ... i don't remember what he was thinking actually
In post 1357, Pink Ball wrote:If the worst flips town, it's mastina and sheep and we win, as simple as that.
In post 1662, Pink Ball wrote:I'm going to wait skitter to come here and jam. I still think it's {mastina, sheep} but want to see if I should reevaluate about sheep now that I was wrong about the duck.
In post 1812, Pink Ball wrote:By PoE I'm left with mastina and sheep since Nancy's whole reaction was townie enough.
welp ok that makes sense; also explains why he died
and podoboq was in a thing with mastina, and could well have tracked her that night

huh, now that i think about it, the plan may have been to give it to nsg maybe with mastina trying to pocket her until she repped out actually

i think in mastina/sheep, mastina tries to deepwolf
i don't know podoboq to make that judgement well enough as to who'd try to deepwolf there; probably still mastina but honestly idk

i think it might have been less about giving it to me, and more about the fact that most other people were worse choices in the sense that they were actively scumreading scum, and i had more amiable reads on them at that time
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2296, sheepsaysmeep wrote:those podo posts you find villagery while yelling at nibbui are like

so wolfily aggressive mh
?? they're like the towniest parts of his iso imo
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:36 pm