Suburban Warfare - GAME OVER

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2345, Shinobi wrote:Because I'm town and getting [angry at me] is not going to help us.

I don't know how you expect me to react when you:

1) ask me a bunch of questions, then hammer three hours later

2) ask me to go back and answer those questions then at the same time preemptively say:

In post 2324, Shinobi wrote:And for the record, your analysis is a giant waste of time

3) Then have the gall to say I'm not trying to engage when it's you cutting down discussion. You hammered. You are the one saying my analysis is a waste of time. Don't put this on me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2323, Metal Sonic wrote:Why is hoopla scum : [

All she has been doing is selling slices of cake : o

Metal.

Why are you voting me..?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 2350, Hoopla wrote:
In post 2345, Shinobi wrote:Because I'm town and getting [
the town
angry at me] is not going to help us.

I don't know how you expect me to react when you:

1) ask me a bunch of questions, then hammer three hours later
Again, I didn't feel like this would be a huge issue. With the QTs around, unless you're the only town in your neighborhood, nothing is ever lost. I admit that the hammer was a mistake, one that I am 100% willing to take responsibility for, but dwelling on it and continuing to push the fact that I'm not doing anything is not going to help us.

2) ask me to go back and answer those questions then at the same time preemptively say:

In post 2324, Shinobi wrote:And for the record, your analysis
on me
is a giant waste of time

3) Then have the gall to say I'm not trying to engage when it's you cutting down discussion. You hammered. You are the one saying my analysis is a waste of time. Don't put this on me.
I've already addressed some of this, but saying immediately coming out and gunning for me doesn't help either of us when we're supposed to be trying to figure each other out. This statement can go both ways.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by Hoopla »

do you think we should massclaim?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by Shinobi »

It's not the worst idea in the world. It might be a day early though.

Also I still need your reasoning on why you moved those players into those neighborhoods.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:26 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I've already talked about why I moved chamber and Antihero to my neighbourhood. I didn't really care where AGar or your slot went because neither of them was really doing anything.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by Desperado »

i'm a 1-shot neighborhood doctor. i was || this close to using it on pine n2 but i ended up self-protecting oak instead.
;)
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 2355, Hoopla wrote:I've already talked about why I moved chamber and Antihero to my neighbourhood. I didn't really care where AGar or your slot went because neither of them was really doing anything.

Okay, I see them. That makes sense.

Also, are we or are we not massclaiming? I thought that the plan was open for discussion.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Looks like Desp has got the ball rolling.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Fair enough, I'm a one shot PGO.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by Hoopla »

By one shot, do you mean you can activate it to be "on" that night, or is it a reactive thing that just happens once?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Post by Shinobi »

It has to be activated.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:06 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In post 2308, Shinobi wrote:I asked for this yesterday, did she not cooperate? Nobody from her neighborhood is talking.

Also, I'm waiting for Spyrex to address the points I made last night. He basically just refused to talk for whatever reason.

"Whatever reason" being the fact that having a huge discussion about why you are scum is absolutely a waste of time there and the idea of I refused to talk is bullshit because equating refused to talk about this pile of stupid versus trying to parse out the game well.

But your biiiggg question about my posts between 2123:

So I thought about it some.

Invisible gives credence to ZZZX's role as much as it physically pains me.
I'm still not excited at all about the way hoopla did that yesterday but the sack makes me twitch.
Anti's town as fuck and oversoul is dumb.
I dont get EITHER side of the AGar business coming out of the gate today.

My reads this game are not good. Time for ol standby.

Unvote, Vote: Shinobi

and 2175:

Ohhhhh please tell me he just F'd up guys.

Is there anything in the neighborhood that would be after page 34. Anything at all.

Please god please

Sure, what do you want?

My reads are off, however that doesn't change that your lurksack slot is suspect. I still think the whole I'm catching up guys business is bunk and I'd love if there was proof before that post of anything in your reads that would be influenced by past page 34 at that point because you're lying.

But alas, that is not meant to be.

But thats fine. Lets look down memory lane:

bv: did nothing. The useful contributions would be a vote for desp because "Also, finally read through enough. I think the thing that bugged me on the last post was Desp assuming that scum not only have daytalk, but daytalk and a private QT to use all the time. Willing to say it's null at the moment, but it's still bugging me. Comfortable with my vote right now." also known as moonbeams.

zivel:
This is bad play by ZZZX, calling omgus, flailing and seeing scum in everyone, no real reads and 'dog ate my read list'.
But I cant help but feel it is town, just a poorly played town.
I am still on the Vezok train here.
If this causes a no lynch then I will not be angry, just disappointed.

I had town reads on Bob and ZZZX, I am concerned that this is a TvT gladiator (is that the technical term of this?) Something about this doesn't feel right.

Hoopla, why did you choose Bob over the other lurkers in this game? We have had quite a few players lurking and you pulled Bob out of the hat? I see Bobs stuff as pro town.

ZZZX I understand, I thought he was a bit of a newb town but can see the scum point of view.

The idea that this cannot be used late in the game explains why Hoopla used it early, as surely this is something to be saved until you have more information. I definitely don't see this as a confirmation that Hoopla is town.

So as a choice between the two, I see ZZZX as the most likely to flip scum here:

VOTE: ZZZX

You: catchupcactchuplolhammer

====

Zivels is the telling set. I dont see that as being a bus so that flip makes for a clean hoop. Hoop, unlike my great compatriots, actually is trying to parse the bubble too so lets play along with the metal sonic townread. Looking at the other stuff:

Shinobi

chamber,
Antihero

Oversoul
farside
(had farside townier than this last night, but am starting to rethink this read in the last 24 hours)
SpyreX

Chamber I'm on the fence about but probably town. Anti and far are my only truly strong townreads at the moment - anti especially.

So, that leaves the morass at a parseable:
Oversoul
Desperado
Shinobi
Marquis

Shin-scum I'd ring a bell on Desp scum pretty hard. Marquis is a nonentity and oversoul has opted to mimic the rare dry land fish all too well.

I want to, today, really look at the competing ZZX/BOB wagons. Really hard. Help pleease.

I've got other comments, but after massclaim is done.

Unvote, Vote: Shinobi
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2310, Hoopla wrote:
In post 2219, Hoopla wrote:I'm the Home Owner's Association President. I've pretty much claimed all my powers: gladiator, reverse encryptor and the ability to close neighbourhoods and redistribute players at certain points in the game.

Also, can we please not lynch agar? There are much better choices in the game and I wanna talk about more things when I have access to a computer. Lets not end the day yet please.

These are all my powers, Marquis. If you want to be fickle over my phrasing and have a conversation about semantics, we can, but it won't be interesting or relevant.

In post 2305, farside22 wrote:Please note the bold in both claims.
Can you explain hoopla why you didn't say anything about bob's claim being fake or similar and suspicious?

Because I wasn't online between Bob's claim and Antihero's hammer. Maybe I would have commented if Antihero heeded chamber's request to not hammer for 12 hours.

So posting to chambers comment instead of hey guys you caught scum good job wasn't posted before flip?

Why are you the prez of the home owners ?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Post by Hoopla »

What was I supposed to say? He was dead. Let him flip. Even if I was 99% sure he'd flip scum (which I wasn't) I wouldn't hint at anything about my role just for the sake of it.

As for the prez. I'm the prez because that's the role I was given. This isn't meant to sound sarcastic, just I don't know how to answer that any other way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

@shin: I'm working my way there.

In post 2330, Antihero wrote:
In post 2305, farside22 wrote:
Spoiler:
We had a few issues here was one.

Bob's claim

In post 1976, Bicephalous Bob wrote:missed that

I'm the jackson family, non-consecutive night commuter

if I don't commute at all, mr. jackson doesn't lose his six figure job at the
non-profit housing association and I can merge two neighborhoods every night if the merged neighborhood would have four members or less

Hoopla's claim

In post 2219, Hoopla wrote:
In post 2212, Desperado wrote:hoopla how about you full claim? flavor and all.

I'm the Home Owner's Association President. I've pretty much claimed all my powers: gladiator, reverse encryptor and
the ability to close neighbourhoods and redistribute players at certain points in the game.

Also, can we please not lynch agar? There are much better choices in the game and I wanna talk about more things when I have access to a computer. Lets not end the day yet please.

Please note the bold in both claims.
Can you explain hoopla why you didn't say anything about bob's claim being fake or similar and suspicious?

this is a good point.

my first instinct is to think that reck gave that to bob as a fakeclaim; i don't know how bob would go about pulling something like that out of his ass

It could be a claim reck game for scum or scum has that ability.
I personally have yet to understand hoopla 's reasoning for scum reads.
I do agree with her about spy. My issue is since day 1 she 'a talked about scum being distributed into the neighborhoods but today that focuses on the neighborhoods.
Plus I still have one more issue with her.

In post 2336, Antihero wrote:there's another role that screws with neighborhood placement.

i'm pretty sure a player was responsible for swapping oversoul and i.

replication of types of roles doesn't necessarily imply fakeclaim overlap (and bob had an escape hatch for his "neighborhood redistribution" thing).

i think hoopla is p town.

I thought it was random at first but metal claimed some responsibility for a few last night.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2364, Hoopla wrote:What was I supposed to say? He was dead. Let him flip. Even if I was 99% sure he'd flip scum (which I wasn't) I wouldn't hint at anything about my role just for the sake of it.

As for the prez. I'm the prez because that's the role I was given. This isn't meant to sound sarcastic, just I don't know how to answer that any other way.

Marquis pointed out this.

mod wrote:ROLE PM
The Furley Family
Alignment: Town
Rolename: Former Home Owner’s Association President
Address: 666 Devil's Way

Jim did well as the HOA President, at least if you use "how much did you piss off and nitpick people" as your metric. He was a swanky bachelor who made a fortune off of the dotcom boom, and, well, now he's dead. That sucks ass.

Abilities
Rotting: You are rotting in the ground. You don't actually have any abilities.

Win Condition (Town): You win when every last mafia has been eliminated.

In the quiet suburb of Wakeflower, things get pretty intense. When the yearly parade of homes comes through, some housewives get downright vicious in their competition with the other "bitches", as they call them. When barbecue and bloc party season is on the horizon, some families drop thousands of dollars on fancy new solar-powered grills and bigger, deeper pools in order to one-up their neighbors. But when Jim Furley (the 66-year old bachelor who ran the Homeowner's Association for years) was found dead at the entrance to the subdivision, everything changed. Now, the question is... can these snotty families put aside their differences long enough to solve the murder? Or will their own hatred and vitriol consume them?

See reck put the home owner prez was killed from the start so the question was how are you prez?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:16 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I don't know. It seems like a question you should ask reck at the end of the game.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:20 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Actually going back and reading the flavour in my role pm, it says I'm the new one. So there you go...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2364, Hoopla wrote:What was I supposed to say? He was dead. Let him flip. Even if I was 99% sure he'd flip scum (which I wasn't) I wouldn't hint at anything about my role just for the sake of it.

Oh sarcastic bitch in me says.
Why not hint about your role, nothing stopped you from doing that day 1.
:giggle:
Oh your omgus suck is showing on your scum list .
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:27 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2368, Hoopla wrote:Actually going back and reading the flavour in my role pm, it says I'm the new one. So there you go...

I had a feeling this was going to come but I don't know why you didn't say so till I pointed out the issue with your claim,
:shifty:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2369, farside22 wrote:

Oh sarcastic bitch in me says.
Why not hint about your role, nothing stopped you from doing that day 1.
:giggle:
Oh your omgus suck is showing on your scum list .

How so? The three people voting me I have as varying degrees of town. So, the opposite of what you're saying then?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 2370, farside22 wrote:
In post 2368, Hoopla wrote:Actually going back and reading the flavour in my role pm, it says I'm the new one. So there you go...

I had a feeling this was going to come but I don't know why you didn't say so till I pointed out the issue with your claim,
:shifty:

Dunno. Don't really pay attention to flavour and didn't want to have to scroll through my inbox on my phone to find it.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:39 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 2313, Metal Sonic wrote:That's not what we wanted to hear!

I know hoopla already asked this, but seriously, what were you looking to hear?
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:42 pm

Post by chamber »

I feel like hoopla is reacting to Shinobi similarly to how I reacted to Antihero. The claim thing sort of gives me pause, but I honestly couldn't tell you the flavour for my role off the top of my head. And I think hoopla would be careful about that as scum. She was pushing for a massclaim, I don't see why she wouldn't at least think that she had hers in order. Though, that's also reason for her to have double checked hers I guess?
Taking a break from the site.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”