Mini 1551: Tales of Vesperia Mafia (Game Over)

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by GreyICE »

I have some feedback for you if you ask
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Kagami »

In post 2400, GreyICE wrote:I have some feedback for you if you ask
You're quickly becoming one of my favorite people.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Cabd »

Heh.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Ms Marangal
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
Ms Marangal
We the Purple
We the Purple

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:18 pm

Post by Ms Marangal »

In post 2399, mastin2 wrote:By the way, while I realize this game is somewhat old by now, I'm willing to give feedback to everyone in here if it's asked. Kinda sorta had some, but not in-depth.
gimme mine, I still don't know what the fuck we did to warrant that quick lynch
Show

Cabd: trolling mara is everyone's TRUE wincon

We the purple Mafia II!

Pre-in's:2/9
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:33 am

Post by mastin2 »

This might surprise you, but I actually love it when players actually give me feedback. Now, granted. If it's yelling/ranting/shouting something (especially vague), akin to "DON'T GET MISLYNCHED, YOU MORON!", it's not going to do much other than provide a nice laugh.

But if it's actually serious, legitimate, in-depth feedback? There's nothing I could prize more than that. Of course, I fully expect that there's almost nothing someone else can tell me that I haven't already told myself. (Trust me. I know of my screwups more than most people do.) So pretty much anything someone would give me feedback on is going to end up having been redundant. (One of the things I often do when giving post-game feedback is include a section on myself and my performance. Generally, the overall answer across my games is, "I did okay, but not great. This is what I did well, and this is what I didn't do so well." Including this game, where essentially I had okay reads, but not awesome reads, and while I had an okay presence, I didn't have enough of one, and while I had a good approach of not confbiasing, I didn't reach the answer in time, among the list of faults.)

...But (1) the reinforcement is nice, and (2) you never know, it actually
could
be something I never thought of, and the advice can bring it to my attention for the first time, meaning that I can actually do something about it.

So shoot away; it can't hurt.
In post 2403, Ms Marangal wrote:gimme mine, I still don't know what the fuck we did to warrant that quick lynch
I
will
do what I can, but a fair warning is that, well...I can't really help scum that much when I'm not there along-side them. Additionally, your lynch was a bit of an abnormality. I'll have to take a closer look to be sure, but basically, this game was filled with players who knew both halves of your hydra intimately, and your entrance felt immensely "off" to them.

The best phrase I can think of is that your posting lacked the "wow" factor. It felt like scum replacing in and being out of touch with how to synchronize with the game. (Which it was!) Rather than town coming in and trying to figure things out. I'm not sure how precisely I'll be able to help address that bit. Especially given that.

All-in-all, your posting felt, well...faked, I suppose the best term would be. It was relaxed, sure, but it didn't feel natural; it felt forced. I can try to give you better than this, but it was what it was, and you're basically asking me how you can become better at manipulating players when I'm not exactly good at pinning what made the players scumread you correctly.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 am

Post by GreyICE »

Feedback?

1) You're a VT. No, seriously, you were the one VT in the game. The one VT.
As a Vanilla Townie it is your duty to get yourself night killed.
Period. VTs getting night killed is extremely pro-town. Me? I was a mason. I can spend day 1 trolling random people, refuse to give reasoning for my reads, generally annoy people, and make it look like I'm a possible mislynch. I can start a random pissing contest with Deacon Blues, even though I'm 90% on them being town. I was literally lynch-proof (seriously, on day 2 I was confirmed town to 4 of the 10 players. 6 were needed for lynch). You can't do that! You can't lurk, you can't look scummy, you can't troll random people. I've seen your town games, and you play extremely townie when you try. You didn't. Make an extreme effort to play townie as a VT - it helps in every single way. It helps your current game (you might get shot). It helps your future roles (you might have a PR and play extremely townie and people who use meta assume you're a VT and you don't get shot, thus dodging the NK as a PR). It's just good play.

2) Communicate! You had a hydra. You had tons of time to discuss. And, as far as I can tell, you shared basically none of that with the town day 1. None. You were a weathervane in terms of votes, and never with any force behind them (it went Jason, Orcinus, Me, Jason, HKC, MDT). None of it with any real force, none of it applied pressure. Do you think a single one of us felt threatened by your vote? Hydras should apply AT LEAST as much pressure as any single townie. Yours applied less.

3) Goddamn it, I used Pine. You owed me. You fucking owed me. And you voted MDT and didn't listen. If you want tip number 3? LISTEN TO ME
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 am

Post by GreyICE »

Unless I'm scum obv. Then it's a pack of lies.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by Katsuki »

and you're always scum.

So pretty much, never listen to GI. >.>b
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a