NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:34 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 2423, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 2422, Kagami wrote:The slot isn't scum, mollie, ns has been lurking in all of his games from the looks of it.
this is not true. he has been actively posting elsewhere on site.
Yeah but where?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Kagami »

Well, quick post search gave me prod dodges. But I see you're not wrong...

Doesn't change the fact, role PM says town.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:47 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2424, Ythan wrote:
In post 2417, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2410, Ythan wrote:He has beef with me but can't back it up.
In post 2414, Ythan wrote:GC is trying to kill it
So many lies.
This is an intelligent way to address your concerns. Let's see where it leads.
Ythan: "but MY one-liners are acceptable!"
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Green Crayons »

And, to actually underscore that I have actual substance to my points, in contrast to your flurry of "look at these idiots" barbs:

In post 2410, Ythan wrote:He has beef with me but can't back it up.
This is a lie, because:
In post 2332, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2327, Ythan wrote:The closer we get to the end the less I can chalk your tunneling up to being terrible at mafia.
Mischaracterization. It's not "tunneling" when I have voiced suspicions of you in tandem with voiced suspicions about other players, and now that those other players are no longer alive, and you are still alive and still playing scummy, that I vote you.
In post 2341, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1822, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1794, Yates wrote:I also want to hear more out of Green Crayons and Elyse.
I find that I don't really have much to say at the moment. I want mala to respond to my post, and in the meanwhile I'm happy with my PeregrineV vote.

I'm happy to do a recap about my feelings about players. For ease of future reference, I'm even going to include a bold notation as to those who I would be comfortable lynching today.

2. PeregrineV: willing to lynch today for reasons stated in Post 1659. (
Happy to lynch.
)

4. DeathNote: I thought was scum for about the first half of D1, and now I find him neutral. Hasn't done anything exceptional since that point in time, which I think might be attributable to the blowup between him and UT right about when his posting seemed to drop off. That strikes me as discouraged town, rather than scared scum licking his wounds.

5. pisskop: no real read. I just wrote a snippet about some minor feelings I had towards pisskop, only to do a quick double check and realize that they were not about pisskop at all, but another player. This leads me to conclude that I have absolutely no feelings about pisskop.

6. Yates Matias*: no read

7. pirate mollie: town

8. serrapaladin OhGodMyLife*: I realized I didn't have a read on him and then realized I couldn't actually put even a personality with the name. 9 posts all game. Would lynch this lurker today. (
Happy to lynch.
)

9. Untrod Tripod XLAV: town

10. Malakittens: leaning scum. (
Happy to lynch.
)

11. Elyse: still town in my book.

12. Marquis: still town in my book. I've read the posts about people who think she's scummy, and they didn't strike me as solid enough suspicions to take the time and synthesize and think hard and deep thoughts about.

13. Nikanor: no read.

14. Ythan *: I feel like he's pulling a "I'm hot shit" gambit and the only one who is noticing that it isn't working (and shouldn't be, because Ythan hasn't exactly delivered this game) is tman. Would be happy to vote again. (
Happy to lynch.
)

15. Porochaz: still think he's town

17. evilpacman18 *: I would have been happy to lynch today -- I recall in my distant memory where EPM played more or less like he has this game (basic actively lurker scum template) and he was scum GF or something silly like that. Plus there were some pretty good suspicions thrown about earlier by another player re: EPM that struck me correctly. I don't know how I feel now that he's going to be replaced. (
Happy to lynch.
)

18. RadiantCowbells: leaning town. He's been pretty quiet with the occasional not particularly helpful tidbit, so I guess possible lurker scum, but he doesn't really strike me that way.

20. tman2nd: solid town

21. Green Crayons: me
In post 2345, Green Crayons wrote:That answers two of the points I could glean through all of your bluster.

You're basically taking a "I'm obviously and incredibly right, and my rightness stems from the fact that I'm obviously town, and therefore my townness and rightness is unquestionable and I'll barrage anyone who says otherwise was insults and sarcasm" tactic, and it looks like scum bluster.

I noted it in Post 1822, and it has continued since that time. Up to and including your interactions with Serra and about how everyone should be voting Serra lest they be True Newbies.
In post 2355, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2348, Ythan wrote:Good luck. <3
After you've assessed that my suspicions are not up to par, I see that you've safely retreated from slandering my play as being scummy. Good to know you kick up a whole bunch of dust as soon as someone votes you!

Keeping my vote.
In post 2362, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2356, Ythan wrote:
After you've assessed that my suspicions are not up to par, I see that
you've safely retreated from slandering my play as being scummy
. Good to know you kick up a whole bunch of dust as soon as someone votes you!

Keeping my vote.
Are you making this up as you go along.
That didn't happen.
You are literally too much, don't worry you'll have your turn.
You're making my vote more comfortable the longer we go on. I lynch liars, too:
In post 2327, Ythan wrote:The closer we get to the end the less I can chalk your tunneling up to being terrible at mafia.
In post 2336, Ythan wrote:So I'm literally reading your iso to try to prove to myself that you're not retarded

and failing. Explain your vote on me with like a big boy.
In post 2339, Ythan wrote:Wooow it took forever to drag you onto those two scum lynches.
In post 2340, Ythan wrote:Guys open Desperado's iso, ctrl+f green, start hitting enter and watch.
In post 2367, Green Crayons wrote:Oh is this the part you were supposedly responding to:
In post 2356, Ythan wrote:
After you've assessed that my suspicions are not up to par,
I see that you've safely retreated
from slandering my play as being scummy. Good to know you kick up a whole bunch of dust as soon as someone votes you!

Keeping my vote.
Are you making this up as you go along.
That didn't happen.
You are literally too much, don't worry you'll have your turn.
Then I point out:
In post 2346, Ythan wrote:That's pretty dumb/not where I can imagine putting my vote in town-gc's shoes but as long as you're up front about it.
Also, lol @ Ythan's additional discrediting of anything I say when his statement of "That didn't happen" was about as opaque as a glass of milk, and I responded accordingly.
In post 2368, Green Crayons wrote:In sum, just so you can't bluster more about Just How Wacky That Green Crayons Is Being!: my first response showed you slandering my play as scummy, my second response showed you retreating from that hardline stance.
In post 2369, Green Crayons wrote:And, as a final cap: yes, yes that did happen.
In post 2384, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2374, Yates wrote:I'm not really following the Ythan-GC thing
It's quite simple:

1. I vote Ythan.
2. Ythan calls me scummy for <reasons>, and says I don't have a basis for voting him.
3. I clarify my reasons for voting him.
4. Ythan says those reasons are weak.
5. I make a submissive post or two where I agree that maybe my scumhunting skills are pretty weak.
6. Ythan, sensing victory, then retreats from his stance that I'm scummy, satisfied with my own posts that presumably undercut the veracity of my own suspicions of Ythan.

In-between all of this, you get insults and words words words from Ythan. And lots of questions about things already answered. The goal of which is to muddy the water, I presume, as Ythan is scum in my book.

-----

In post 2414, Ythan wrote:GC is trying to kill it, Mollie might be trying to kill it.
And this is a lie, because:
In post 2341, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1822, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1794, Yates wrote:I also want to hear more out of Green Crayons and Elyse.
I find that I don't really have much to say at the moment. I want mala to respond to my post, and in the meanwhile I'm happy with my PeregrineV vote.

I'm happy to do a recap about my feelings about players. For ease of future reference, I'm even going to include a bold notation as to those who I would be comfortable lynching today.

2. PeregrineV: willing to lynch today for reasons stated in Post 1659. (
Happy to lynch.
)

4. DeathNote: I thought was scum for about the first half of D1, and now I find him neutral. Hasn't done anything exceptional since that point in time, which I think might be attributable to the blowup between him and UT right about when his posting seemed to drop off. That strikes me as discouraged town, rather than scared scum licking his wounds.

5. pisskop: no real read. I just wrote a snippet about some minor feelings I had towards pisskop, only to do a quick double check and realize that they were not about pisskop at all, but another player. This leads me to conclude that I have absolutely no feelings about pisskop.

6. Yates Matias*: no read

7. pirate mollie: town

8. serrapaladin OhGodMyLife*: I realized I didn't have a read on him and then realized I couldn't actually put even a personality with the name. 9 posts all game. Would lynch this lurker today. (
Happy to lynch.
)

9. Untrod Tripod XLAV: town

10. Malakittens: leaning scum. (
Happy to lynch.
)

11. Elyse: still town in my book.

12. Marquis: still town in my book. I've read the posts about people who think she's scummy, and they didn't strike me as solid enough suspicions to take the time and synthesize and think hard and deep thoughts about.

13. Nikanor: no read.

14. Ythan *: I feel like he's pulling a "I'm hot shit" gambit and the only one who is noticing that it isn't working (and shouldn't be, because Ythan hasn't exactly delivered this game) is tman. Would be happy to vote again. (
Happy to lynch.
)

15. Porochaz: still think he's town

17. evilpacman18 *: I would have been happy to lynch today -- I recall in my distant memory where EPM played more or less like he has this game (basic actively lurker scum template) and he was scum GF or something silly like that. Plus there were some pretty good suspicions thrown about earlier by another player re: EPM that struck me correctly. I don't know how I feel now that he's going to be replaced. (
Happy to lynch.
)

18. RadiantCowbells: leaning town. He's been pretty quiet with the occasional not particularly helpful tidbit, so I guess possible lurker scum, but he doesn't really strike me that way.

20. tman2nd: solid town

21. Green Crayons: me
In post 2389, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2385, Yates wrote:
In post 2384, Green Crayons wrote:It's quite simple
Is that why you aren't on the NS wagon? Or do you think NS is town?
Because one more vote will lynch NS.
Because I'm waiting to see if NS actually posts anything.
Because the only thing I recall being chalked up to NS = scummy is someone saying that Mollie said to vote him.

I said I was willing to vote EPM for being an active lurker. NS, being EPM's replacement, has not done much to change that perception of the slot. That said, I can have multiple suspicions and right now I prefer pursuing my Ythan suspicions with a vote.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:58 am

Post by Ythan »

You quoted a bunch of your posts which I have already had the misfortune of reading once. Can you express in any other/actual way why you are voting me?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 2421, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2104, Elyse wrote:Also, reading through that Day 3 again made me realize we should lynch pisskop.

And if pisskop flips town we should lynch UT and if pisskop flips scum UT is basically conftown.
Based on your Day 3 reading, do you think the reverse of your flip-reveal holds true -- that is, now that UT is flipped town, pisskop's replacement is likely scum?
I think pisskop is likely scum but not because of UT's flip.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:07 am

Post by Green Crayons »

- Ythan: "He has beef with me but can't back it up."
- Me: quotes a bunch of posts where I have already explained why I find Ythan's play scummy to show that, in fact, I have backed it up and there's no need for me to restate my already stated suspicions
- Ythan: refuses to address those points and instead makes the issue about something else -- now, he's complaining that those reasons aren't stated with the right words

I'm not going to play into your attempt to make the focus of my voiced suspicions be anything but those voiced suspicions. Even in your flopping about, you're revealing your scumminess: you've already admitted that you understand my suspicions against you (Post 2346), but you fail to understand my suspicions against you when you want to discredit me (Post 2410, Post 2429).
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:16 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 2430, Elyse wrote:
In post 2104, Elyse wrote:Also, reading through that Day 3 again made me realize we should lynch pisskop.

And if pisskop flips town we should lynch UT and if pisskop flips scum UT is basically conftown.
Based on your Day 3 reading, do you think the reverse of your flip-reveal holds true -- that is, now that UT is flipped town, pisskop's replacement is likely scum?
why?
whew!
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:16 am

Post by tman2nd »

Ythan, I am not sheeping GC. Notice I'm not scumreading you yet. I might, but right now I'm undecided.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:29 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 2431, Green Crayons wrote:- Ythan: "He has beef with me but can't back it up."
- Me: quotes a bunch of posts where I have already explained why I find Ythan's play scummy to show that, in fact, I have backed it up and there's no need for me to restate my already stated suspicions
- Ythan: refuses to address those points and instead makes the issue about something else -- now, he's complaining that those reasons aren't stated with the right words

I'm not going to play into your attempt to make the focus of my voiced suspicions be anything but those voiced suspicions. Even in your flopping about, you're revealing your scumminess: you've already admitted that you understand my suspicions against you (Post 2346), but you fail to understand my suspicions against you when you want to discredit me (Post 2410, Post 2429).
So you can't do it? K.

Tman, what you are doing is saying you agree with points he has made but failing to specify a single one. After repeated prods to do so. It should be simple.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:38 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 2432, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 2430, Elyse wrote:

why?
pisskop tried to dismantle the mala wagon
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:47 am

Post by tman2nd »

In post 2434, Ythan wrote:
In post 2431, Green Crayons wrote:- Ythan: "He has beef with me but can't back it up."

So you can't do it? K.

Tman, what you are doing is saying you agree with points he has made but failing to specify a single one. After repeated prods to do so. It should be simple.
I agree that you haven't been responding to most of his points, and instead just calling them stupid without explaining why.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2434, Ythan wrote:

So you can't do it? K.
There's no need for me to use different words to restate my already voiced suspicions of you that you have already acknowledged as understanding.

Or, rather, there is no
town
reason for doing so. Scum would, of course, make an issue out of the fact that I'm not going to continually rephrase my suspicions.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 2436, tman2nd wrote:I agree that you haven't been responding to most of his points, and instead just calling them stupid without explaining why.
He's calling me scum without explaining why, I've explained why I'm calling him stupid (see before the comma).
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Ythan »

Gc if those posts weren't shit I wouldn't be asking you to do better? All you do is bitch, you have to give it more than that.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

mollie can you vote notscience again please?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

wat happened to "bad mollie"
whew!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:57 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Note to self: Actually bookmark the thread next time. I might pull a Kuribo with the leading wagon. I haven't decided yet.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Yates »

Dear Kagami,

Welcome to the game. I'm going to hammer you today. Please claim.

Love,

Yates
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:57 am

Post by Kagami »

Hammering before I've finished reading is a scum-claim, there's absolutely no town motivation for doing so.

I'm vanilla.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:22 am

Post by Yates »

I guess I'm scum, then.

VOTE: Kagami

On the plus side, now you don't have to read.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Ythan »

That Yates hammer.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Kagami »

Spoiler: Day 1 wagons
Vote Count 1.7 - zek+fish wagon

Zekrom25
(7) - Marquis,
Porochaz
, pirate mollie, DeathNote, pisskop,
kagami
Formerfish

Formerfish
(6) -
Nikanor
, Yates,
Cabd
Untrod Tripod
, Elyse, Ythan
Untrod Tripod (3) - tman2nd, Green Crayons,
Zekrom25

pirate mollie (1) -
sthar8

Gooner (1) -
PeregrineV

PeregrineV (1)- RadiantCowbells

Not Voting (2) -
OhGodMyLife
Malakittens

Vote count just after zekrom claimed vig. At the time of the claim, UT was on DN and Elyse was on zek. Suggests tman and GC are not scum together, since 3 scum on UT here seems pretty unlikely.

I would expect one or even two scum to be on formerfish, and at most one on zek here. There's the vague possibility that many scum are on zek and the whole claiming thing was organized as a bus given daychat, but I have a hard time seeing zek as anything but a hardcore derp in this game.

Elyse was on zek just prior to this VC, but she jumped immediately on hearing the claim. Not sure that's damning, since I'd have done the same (lynching a claimed 1S vig on day 1 is stupid).

Vote Count 1.10 - burgeoning Sthar wagon

sthar8
(5) - Elyse, Green Crayons, pisskop, Ythan,
Nikanor

Marquis (4) - DeathNote,
PeregrineV
Porochaz
Untrod Tripod

Zekrom25
(2) -
Formerfish
, Marquis
Formerfish
(1) - Yates
Untrod Tripod
(1) -
Zekrom25

Elyse (1) -
Cabd

RadiantCowbells (1) - RadiantCowbells
Malakittens
(1) - pirate mollie
pirate mollie (1) -
Malakittens

Not Voting (4) -
OhGodMyLife
sthar8
kagami
, tman2nd

State of the game 2 days prior to deadline, where we see the sthar wagon beginning, which will eventually lead to a lynch. After this point, it's pretty unlikely that an alternative wagon will spring up with the deadline looming, so if marquis is town, scum should be feeling pretty comfortable here. If marquis is scum, then I would presume the wagon is entirely town, while if marquis is town, DeathNote has a good chance of being scum, since the marquis wagon would be a great safety spot for scum-votes. Either way, prob at least one scumvote on sthar by now.

Vote Count 1.13 - lynch wagons

sthar8
(11) - Elyse, Green Crayons, pisskop, Ythan,
Nikanor
kagami
, Yates, pirate mollie, Marquis,
Malakittens
Formerfish
(LYNCH)
Marquis (6) - DeathNote,
PeregrineV
Porochaz
, tman2nd, RadiantCowbells,
Untrod Tripod

Untrod Tripod (1) -
Zekrom25

Elyse (1) -
Cabd

Not Voting (2) -
OhGodMyLife
sthar8

Deadline lynch, but interesting in that all of the non-zekrom scum are on a wagon. Do we believe that all of them (almost certainly 4) are on sthar? Prob not. There is one or very likely two scum among DN, tman, and RC.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:58 am

Post by Kagami »

Funny. I claimed thinking I was at L-1, but remembered that mollie had unvoted. That wasn't hammer.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:06 am

Post by Kagami »

Day 2 wagons prob not worth discussing, since zek scum-claimed. Going through day 3...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”